Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885523 times)

Pigeon

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #18240 on: May 18, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »
I stepped in gum on two separate occasions today. Fuck people who chew gum.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #18241 on: May 19, 2017, 02:27:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
With that whole Avril Lavigne conspiracy people are posting her old songs on social media and I just realized I recognized/know way too many of her old songs
[close]

All those conspiracys are so crazy hahah but im also guilty of knowing too many of her songs
[close]

whats the conspiracy theory? im not trying to have avril lavigne in my search history.
[close]

That she was dead and replaced by a lookalike. In the best Paul McCartney style.
[close]

Why would anyone want to replace her?
[close]

that a good question but i cant get past the fact that somehow there are enough people that still care about avril to start that rumor in the first place.

So many great questions...

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #18242 on: May 19, 2017, 07:20:27 AM »
 Episodes of anxiety and insomnia. Been suffering from that shit since my teenage years but for the last handful of years it's gotten more manageable and controllable, to the point where im good for the most part and bad episodes only come back whenever I'm dealing with super stressful shit in my life or tough times, but when it does comes back it comes back hard. It sucks because I know I'm just letting my mind get the best of me and I know that it'll go away once my issues have resolved and I just clear my head and stop stressing out and overthinking so much, but when its happening you just forget all that and your mind just feels like it's trapped under some shitty spell where you're just worrying about everything and nervous all the time. This ain't my first rodeo so I know I'll be good, it just sucks when it's happening.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18243 on: May 19, 2017, 07:47:16 AM »
Episodes of anxiety and insomnia. Been suffering from that shit since my teenage years but for the last handful of years it's gotten more manageable and controllable, to the point where im good for the most part and bad episodes only come back whenever I'm dealing with super stressful shit in my life or tough times, but when it does comes back it comes back hard. It sucks because I know I'm just letting my mind get the best of me and I know that it'll go away once my issues have resolved and I just clear my head and stop stressing out and overthinking so much, but when its happening you just forget all that and your mind just feels like it's trapped under some shitty spell where you're just worrying about everything and nervous all the time. This ain't my first rodeo so I know I'll be good, it just sucks when it's happening.

Funny thing is, when your're in it, it fees like New Game+. You keep all your previous xp and gear, but the challenge is still there for sure. When my rodeos are initiated, I keep telling my self: "Not the first time, I'll get through", but it does not help much when you wake up at four every day for weeks.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #18244 on: May 19, 2017, 08:27:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Funny thing is, when your're in it, it fees like New Game+. You keep all your previous xp and gear, but the challenge is still there for sure. When my rodeos are initiated, I keep telling my self: "Not the first time, I'll get through", but it does not help much when you wake up at four every day for weeks.
Yeah, it's funny because after dealing with it so frequently and having it come back so often you'd expect future episodes to be a lot easier to deal with because you've already been through it, know you can beat it because you already have multiple times, know that it's only temporary, and know what it feels like already so you know what to expect, but sometimes when it comes back it feels just as shitty as the first time and feels just as hard to deal with, even though you keep telling yourself "it's all just in my head and I'm overthinking, I know this, so why am I still stressing so much?". It's like your brain can't help but worry. It sucks.

You know what, actually, now that I think about it, it has gotten a lot better for me since my earlier days with dealing with my bad episodes; they used to be way worse and last way longer back in the day; I used to stress out and worry so much harder back when I'd get episodes but now I can control it a lot better than before and it goes away a lot quicker for the most part; I'll  still get a SUPER bad episode occasionally but for the most part they've become a lot easier to handle when they come, so having to deal with it repeatedly really does make it easier over time, you just gotta look at it in the right light I guess. Nothing beats that feeling though when the anxiety finally dies down and you can rest easy again, it's like having to carry a heavy bag on your back for the longest time only to finally be able to take it off; best feeling of relief ever.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:29:46 AM by Noble Experiment »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #18245 on: May 19, 2017, 05:24:40 PM »
I sprained my right ankle. I sprained my left one about 6 months ago. I only twisted my ankle once before those two and it was a long time ago. I guess my ankles are getting weaker!  :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18246 on: May 19, 2017, 06:34:26 PM »
I sprained my right ankle. I sprained my left one about 6 months ago. I only twisted my ankle once before those two and it was a long time ago. I guess my ankles are getting weaker!  :'(

Feel this and hate this so much, ive torn ligaments in my left ankle years and years ago, it seems to be holding up but the right one aches almost after every time i skate

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #18247 on: May 19, 2017, 07:51:44 PM »
This frat boy I do my internship with got 5150'd by his parents 3 days before finals. I drank with him a couple of times, he was a train wreck and super aggressive but I never thought he'd hurt himself or anything. Anyway, he was a week from graduating.
you never know about pre-cum 

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18248 on: May 20, 2017, 08:45:40 AM »
This frat boy I do my internship with got 5150'd by his parents 3 days before finals. I drank with him a couple of times, he was a train wreck and super aggressive but I never thought he'd hurt himself or anything. Anyway, he was a week from graduating.

I'm Eurothash, so I had to google that. In case my fellow thrash are wondering what i means; 5150 (involuntary psychiatric hold).

I've been to a similar place when I was a wreck of an addict. The amount and combinations of drugs they hand out almost makes up for the atmosphere. From my experience, in case you think you don't belong there, you probably do.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #18249 on: May 20, 2017, 09:17:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm Eurothash, so I had to google that. In case my fellow thrash are wondering what i means; 5150 (involuntary psychiatric hold).

I've been to a similar place when I was a wreck of an addict. The amount and combinations of drugs they hand out almost makes up for the atmosphere. From my experience, in case you think you don't belong there, you probably do.

Yep same thing happened to me. Basically had a too wild night and got hospitalized and the doctor told my mom it would be best if i went to a mental hospital. I think i just turned 18 or 19 and if anyone is around the Philly area i ended up in a chester mental hospital. Everyone there was in their 40s except for me and this one other girl. Literally, everyone there tried to kill themselves and im over here like yeah i just partied too hard. I went in on a weekend and the doctors don't come back to i think it was tuesday? Anyway as soon as they came into my room they just said did you try to hurt yourself? I said no then they said okay you can leave. Like thanks dude i had to spend about 4 days in here. It was just a less intense jail, we were locked up on the second floor and all you could really do is just walk up in down this one hallway or go to a tv room. They did have the best turkey sandwiches though

doublesteveburger

« Reply #18250 on: May 20, 2017, 03:12:57 PM »
Opiate dependencies.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18251 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yep same thing happened to me. Basically had a too wild night and got hospitalized and the doctor told my mom it would be best if i went to a mental hospital. I think i just turned 18 or 19 and if anyone is around the Philly area i ended up in a chester mental hospital. Everyone there was in their 40s except for me and this one other girl. Literally, everyone there tried to kill themselves and im over here like yeah i just partied too hard. I went in on a weekend and the doctors don't come back to i think it was tuesday? Anyway as soon as they came into my room they just said did you try to hurt yourself? I said no then they said okay you can leave. Like thanks dude i had to spend about 4 days in here. It was just a less intense jail, we were locked up on the second floor and all you could really do is just walk up in down this one hallway or go to a tv room. They did have the best turkey sandwiches though

Yes, people in there are in dire need of help. In my case, my dad drove me to that place, I had scars all over my arms and gave a positive urine sample. The doctor asked what my deal was, so I told her. She came back a couple of minutes later and told me that I'm not leaving for a couple of days. After that, detox for a week, drive to the rehab and another detox for ten days, then regular rehab. Needless to say, I got kick out for using and selling pills a month later.

I don't miss that shit at all. I don't care how back my state is now, it waaay better. I wih all you fellows good luck.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18252 on: May 21, 2017, 12:17:47 PM »
sunburn.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #18253 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:46 PM »
Last two days of vacation, and this week has been nothing but shit weather, cold, rainy days.

My uncle gave me a pair of his old leather Chucks. They are bad for skating, the soles are slippery and gooey like the rubber is just foam. He's sick, but won't tell us what he has, and shakes like a leaf.

I have few friends, but I've been seriously considering to cut one of them off. She's been more trouble than she's been worth. This is a bitch move, but I have actually started to write down and keep a record of everything she's done wrong to me, of all the times she was lacking, and other stuff that's making me consider stopping talking to her once and for all. It's one complicated history we have together, and I guess it's coming to an end.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18254 on: May 22, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »
I don't know if too many Pals are into Motorcycle racing, but I was pretty bummed to hear that Nicky Hayden passed away.

He always seemed like a really nice bloke

Pigeon

« Reply #18255 on: May 23, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »
I gave money to a close friend for some shit. He never came through or gave me my money back. Now, he is ignoring my calls/texts.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18256 on: May 23, 2017, 11:24:27 PM »
I gave money to a close friend for some shit. He never came through or gave me my money back. Now, he is ignoring my calls/texts.

Funny how people choose to end friendships over (usually) petty amounts of money...

Pigeon

« Reply #18257 on: May 24, 2017, 02:33:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Funny how people choose to end friendships over (usually) petty amounts of money...
I was only bummed because he was rejecting my phone calls. We're still good, and he came through with the laptop. He ended up admitting that he made some money off it...to buy pills, which is why he was too fucked up to talk to me.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #18258 on: May 24, 2017, 03:30:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not a funny situation but probably the funniest thing(to me anyway) you've ever posted..
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

master p

« Reply #18259 on: May 24, 2017, 08:47:06 AM »
Was nodding off on this chair, about to sleep, then was like alright lets get up.... SMASH.

Guess my leg fell asleep now I sprained my good (better) ankle again.

And this pizza taking mad long in the oven son I'm staving.

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #18260 on: May 24, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »

The exact thing happened to me and it got to the point where I couldn't even kickflip with out getting that hot pocket sensation. Did some PT and limped along and then sprained it again and here I sit after 6 months of aircast/physical therapy. It's forsure getting better but I'm skeptical I'll ever be back to 100. Do yourself a favor and start doing prehab exercises now. Get a green band and do 3 sets of 15 eversion then 3 sets of 15 inversion, twice a day, using your other foot crossed over your leg as an anchor (exercises 3 and 4 on here http://www.foot-pain-explored.com/ankle-strengthening-exercises.html except you're sitting with your legs straight out). Your ankles will stretch out after injury but if you stay on top of your shit it will greatly lessen the issues.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #18261 on: May 24, 2017, 12:54:15 PM »
Lost my phone and my mom's going nuts and freaking me out. I guess I might go back home sooner than I thought, which sucks
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18262 on: May 24, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
I think something in python scripting changed between cinema 4d r17 and r18 and I can't figure out why this isn't working.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18263 on: May 24, 2017, 01:55:21 PM »
Let me preface this post by saying I fully support girl skateboarding, and want it to continue to grow and thrive in the best way possible.

BUT

I am NOT stoked on the fact that every girl I have personally see with my very own eyes skateboarding recently,  is excessively trendy to the point where I shake my head. It seems that every girl that I personally see skateboarding, is decked out in the most recent fashion choices (ie looks like they wanna hang out with mac demarco). What happened to the gnarly girls like ellisa or marisa who really fucking thrashed and didn't care about their status or looks. I don't know if you guys do the little search icon on instagram, even on there, all these girls skating are just doing little kickturns and boasting about thrasher and shit. I would assume that they are scared about falling and scratching their knee.

Long story short, I'm tired of seeing these trendy girls ride the urban outfitters bandwagon- I wanna see some real style from girls who rip.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #18264 on: May 24, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »

I am NOT stoked on the fact that every girl I have personally see with my very own eyes skateboarding recently,  is excessively trendy to the point where I shake my head. It seems that every girl that I personally see skateboarding, is decked out in the most recent fashion choices (ie looks like they wanna hang out with mac demarco). What happened to the gnarly girls like ellisa or marisa who really fucking thrashed and didn't care about their status or looks. I don't know if you guys do the little search icon on instagram, even on there, all these girls skating are just doing little kickturns and boasting about thrasher and shit. I would assume that they are scared about falling and scratching their knee.

Long story short, I'm tired of seeing these trendy girls ride the urban outfitters bandwagon- I wanna see some real style from girls who rip.

Skateboarding has always been super fashion oriented. Back in the day you knew who skated just by looking how they dressed. Then it became posers who dressed like skaters just cause of the fashion

Elissa and Marisa didnt dress in some radical new way. They basically dressed like the majority of guys that skated. In away dressing like you dont care is still a fashion choice. Wearing skate company clothes is basically being a billboard.

Elissa and Marisa dressed in sponsors clothing and in the clothes they were given. Why skater clothes look like that is a factor of many things I guess. But its still a choise to want to dress like something.

When it comes to sports that are extremely focused on just performance it looks totally different from how you dress for skateboarding. I guess to truly dress like you dont care in skateboarding you would wear gear that improved your skating

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18265 on: May 24, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote

I am NOT stoked on the fact that every girl I have personally see with my very own eyes skateboarding recently,  is excessively trendy to the point where I shake my head. It seems that every girl that I personally see skateboarding, is decked out in the most recent fashion choices (ie looks like they wanna hang out with mac demarco). What happened to the gnarly girls like ellisa or marisa who really fucking thrashed and didn't care about their status or looks. I don't know if you guys do the little search icon on instagram, even on there, all these girls skating are just doing little kickturns and boasting about thrasher and shit. I would assume that they are scared about falling and scratching their knee.

[close]

Skateboarding has always been super fashion oriented. Back in the day you knew who skated just by looking how they dressed. Then it became posers who dressed like skaters just cause of the fashion

Elissa and Marisa didnt dress in some radical new way. They basically dressed like the majority of guys that skated. In away dressing like you dont care is still a fashion choice. Wearing skate company clothes is basically being a billboard.

Elissa and Marisa dressed in sponsors clothing and in the clothes they were given. Why skater clothes look like that is a factor of many things I guess. But its still a choise to want to dress like something.

When it comes to sports that are extremely focused on just performance it looks totally different from how you dress for skateboarding. I guess to truly dress like you dont care in skateboarding you would wear gear that improved your skating

10/10 post. Good work.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:27:39 PM by Dr-Feelgood »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18266 on: May 24, 2017, 11:57:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Not a funny situation but probably the funniest thing(to me anyway) you've ever posted..

Well, thanks.

Back to mental illness, my episodes are getting way worse. I'm feel lonely as fuck, wake up at four and getting less stable each day. Most of those things are probably in my control and hence, it is my fault for feeling the way I do right now. But damn, when you're in it, you become quite paralized and just wait until it gets better. Reminds me of being an active addict.

Constant nightmares about work as well. I have way more responsibilities now and work overtime more than I should. The chick I was hanging out with feels a burden now and I see no  possibility of me forming any kind of meaningful bond with any one. Social anxiety is getting worse as well.

Ah, fuck it. I might get my shit together some day, might not.

Pigeon

« Reply #18267 on: May 25, 2017, 02:21:40 AM »
wake up at four and getting less stable each day.
I woke up at 5, and realized that I missed my first, non-training shift...supposed to work from 11 PM to 7 AM to avoid drinking. I ended up getting drunk with a friend's ex, blacked out after 3 PM, ended up fucking her and woke up with cum stains on my boxers.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18268 on: May 25, 2017, 05:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote
wake up at four and getting less stable each day.
[close]
I woke up at 5, and realized that I missed my first, non-training shift...supposed to work from 11 PM to 7 AM to avoid drinking. I ended up getting drunk with a friend's ex, blacked out after 3 PM, ended up fucking her and woke up with cum stains on my boxers.

Yes, one can say that things are not going very well right now. Good luck with your episode, my fellow!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #18269 on: May 25, 2017, 06:12:44 AM »
I woke up at 4 am but only because my cat woke me up, little asshole

Anyway, I been dealing with anxiety for about 11 years (jeeze fuck just realized its been that long) and you just have to realize you will have good days and bad days. Bad days seem longer but it happens and you just gotta live with it. We were dealt with a not so good hand but eventually you will get over the hump and start having good days again soon