Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1891089 times)

JoseCansnake0, BALARGUE and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #18270 on: May 25, 2017, 06:53:16 AM »
I woke up at 4 am but only because my cat woke me up, little asshole

one of mine is a little bitch in the morning. she'll jump up on my dresser next to my bed and just start knocking stuff off or chewing on things so that i wake up and feed her.

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18271 on: May 25, 2017, 03:27:17 PM »
not stoked on the hangover im sure to have tomorrow. Going to a concert tonight, i tell myself ill take it easy but im already sipping a beer while typing this and the concert dosent start for 5 hours, really wishing tomorrow wasnt gonna be so busy at work

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18272 on: May 25, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »
That's why you always take the day after the concert of

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18273 on: May 25, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »
That's why you always take the day after the concert of

Thats normally what i would do but this is one of the busiest weeks of the year and they organised all this shit for tomorrow before i knew about this concert, ill zombie my way through it

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #18274 on: May 26, 2017, 02:00:01 AM »
Rolled my ankle twice this month on bs rocknrolls. It pisses me off because it's a really easy trick but for some reason when I come back into the transition my front foot slips all the way from the center of the board up to above the bolts and yeah, twice up between the nose and the cement. Tips? Why? I can do them frontside, and also never had this problem on fs and bs disasters, just bs rocknrolls.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18275 on: May 26, 2017, 07:51:49 AM »
It slips up when you're pivoting back in? You might need to involve your shoulders in the rotation a little more. Sounds like you're opening your hips up really wide to turn it back around.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18276 on: May 26, 2017, 08:19:15 AM »
Arrived at work this morning, and a very old man said "Good Morning Corey", to which I continued my way down the office hallway disregarding what he said, knowing he was talking to me. He continued "Ya speakin' English this morning?". I turned around and said, "Yeah, but my name is _______" frustrated because I have had to correct him many times. He just laughs politely like i told him a joke. I repeated myself because I don't think he understand what I said. "Yes, but my name is _______". He just continues to laugh nicely. I had a straight face. I can't tell if he is just fucking with me, or if this is the year John develops Dementia. I'm going with the latter.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #18277 on: May 26, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »
Arrived at work this morning, and a very old man said "Good Morning Corey", to which I continued my way down the office hallway disregarding what he said, knowing he was talking to me. He continued "Ya speakin' English this morning?". I turned around and said, "Yeah, but my name is _______" frustrated because I have had to correct him many times. He just laughs politely like i told him a joke. I repeated myself because I don't think he understand what I said. "Yes, but my name is _______". He just continues to laugh nicely. I had a straight face. I can't tell if he is just fucking with me, or if this is the year John develops Dementia. I'm going with the latter.
You should just say, "Good morning Fred" back to him every time....just a thought
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

im a girl

« Reply #18278 on: May 26, 2017, 10:12:58 AM »
The last thing I did when I was fucked up was drive up to some dudes talking in a parking lot, they had like a golf with fake wheels and some other shit, and I was like "This a car meet? Watch this!" and burned out in a ragged out Pontiac sunfire. Now Im coming off drugs again and its just embarrassing thinking about the shit I do while fucked up. Its funny but Im not stoked Im the one doing it.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #18279 on: May 26, 2017, 05:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
I sprained my right ankle. I sprained my left one about 6 months ago. I only twisted my ankle once before those two and it was a long time ago. I guess my ankles are getting weaker!  :'(
[close]

The exact thing happened to me and it got to the point where I couldn't even kickflip with out getting that hot pocket sensation. Did some PT and limped along and then sprained it again and here I sit after 6 months of aircast/physical therapy. It's forsure getting better but I'm skeptical I'll ever be back to 100. Do yourself a favor and start doing prehab exercises now. Get a green band and do 3 sets of 15 eversion then 3 sets of 15 inversion, twice a day, using your other foot crossed over your leg as an anchor (exercises 3 and 4 on here http://www.foot-pain-explored.com/ankle-strengthening-exercises.html except you're sitting with your legs straight out). Your ankles will stretch out after injury but if you stay on top of your shit it will greatly lessen the issues.

Thanks for the advice man, but thankfully I'm not feeling any lack in my range of motion, just the swell is still there and hurts a little when I move and I've been moving a lot more than I should. I havent gave a break to my ankle on these past days and I got no medicine in home since I moved recently. So today I went to the pharmacy and got some gel for the swelling and a compression sock, took a rest too. I can already feel the progress, since its not hurting as bad as it was. I need to give it a rest, let the swelling go away and then I can start to think about exercising it a bit. My last ankle sprain felt a lot worse tho, and I was more scared because I rolled it to the outside instead of inside.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #18280 on: May 27, 2017, 01:38:36 AM »
It slips up when you're pivoting back in? You might need to involve your shoulders in the rotation a little more. Sounds like you're opening your hips up really wide to turn it back around.

Exactly. A bunch of people told me that over the years, it seems like it's my major problem for a lot of tricks, even flatground tricks like spins and 360s. Like I know what to do but I need to try and pair that with a specific physical motion, like aiming for my left shoulder with my right arm (I'm goofy) until it becomes natural.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18281 on: May 27, 2017, 02:39:18 AM »
broke my hip and will be out for quite some time..

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #18282 on: May 27, 2017, 05:09:32 AM »

Hoping for a quick recovery
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #18283 on: May 27, 2017, 10:22:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fucked! I'm fine with only rolling ankles... Wish you a speedy recovery man!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

kook nukem

« Reply #18284 on: May 29, 2017, 09:04:09 AM »
The only dude I really like skating with is piling out pretty hard. Drugs, depression, etc. I think I'm gonna try to get him to skate and have a talk this evening.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18285 on: May 29, 2017, 06:06:39 PM »
The only dude I really like skating with is piling out pretty hard. Drugs, depression, etc. I think I'm gonna try to get him to skate and have a talk this evening.

Do it and be real with him. Don't sugar coat anything and let him know that he's fucking up. You don't have to be a dick, but being nice isn't going to help him.

And a good friend will be there for support, but this isn't your problem or your job to get him back on track. The hardest thing about dealing with someone with an addiction is that it's all on them to change and no matter how hard you try, you can't make them stop using. Good luck man and I hope your friend gets better.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #18286 on: May 29, 2017, 06:08:10 PM »
The pro life protesters everyday on my way into town, molotov cocktails were made for groups like these...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #18287 on: May 29, 2017, 06:31:35 PM »
I may have celiac disease? Obviously this would suck hard but if going gluten free would improve my health then I'm down...
but beer :'(

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

kook nukem

« Reply #18288 on: May 29, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do it and be real with him. Don't sugar coat anything and let him know that he's fucking up. You don't have to be a dick, but being nice isn't going to help him.

And a good friend will be there for support, but this isn't your problem or your job to get him back on track. The hardest thing about dealing with someone with an addiction is that it's all on them to change and no matter how hard you try, you can't make them stop using. Good luck man and I hope your friend gets better.

Thanks JB. We didn't talk tonight as he seemed pretty together, and I didn't know how to breech the subject. We actually had a really good session, and he was pretty positive. Basically, the timing didn't seem right to get heavy. We're gonna skate all day tomorrow, so I've got a feeling I'll see my moment for the conversation.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #18289 on: May 30, 2017, 01:31:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fucked! I'm fine with only rolling ankles... Wish you a speedy recovery man!
thx you all

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18290 on: May 30, 2017, 06:41:43 AM »
it kind of pisses me off that electronics are built to have such a short lifespan, but cost a ridiculous amount of money. like a decent smart phone will cost you a few hundred bucks but whats the longest its going to last? 4 or 5 years maybe, if you take good care of it. computers too. i bought a macbook in 2013 for $1700 and its a piece of garbage now. it just sucks that companies wont build things that last anymore.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18291 on: May 30, 2017, 07:06:51 PM »
it kind of pisses me off that electronics are built to have such a short lifespan, but cost a ridiculous amount of money. like a decent smart phone will cost you a few hundred bucks but whats the longest its going to last? 4 or 5 years maybe, if you take good care of it. computers too. i bought a macbook in 2013 for $1700 and its a piece of garbage now. it just sucks that companies wont build things that last anymore.

I think about this all the time and get so pissed off, technology is a wonderful thing but also the most frustrating money grab

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #18292 on: May 30, 2017, 11:30:29 PM »
Got fucked on my taxes last year so I owed the IRS $430. I called them today to set up a payment plan and they wanted an additional 200 upfront to work out a plan.Fuck That. Ended up paying it all off at once with the money I had been saving to take a vacation in September.
good thing i didn't go to crazy on the memorial day sales.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #18293 on: May 31, 2017, 02:17:36 AM »
Got fucked on my taxes last year so I owed the IRS $430. I called them today to set up a payment plan and they wanted an additional 200 upfront to work out a plan.Fuck That. Ended up paying it all off at once with the money I had been saving to take a vacation in September.

200 for a sum of 430? My corporate boner is pulsing.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #18294 on: May 31, 2017, 04:20:32 AM »

Just curious how you "got fucked"? I ended up having to pay one year but it was cause I fucked up(sold stock and didn't set aside for taxes). I assume an employer wasn't taking out taxes but that should be easy enough to figure out after a paycheck or 2.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18295 on: May 31, 2017, 05:50:07 AM »
Not stoked that America's fuckwit president just pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Expand Quote
[close]

I think about this all the time and get so pissed off, technology is a wonderful thing but also the most frustrating money grab

You should look up 'planned obsolescence'. The short lifespan of many electronics is intentional.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18296 on: May 31, 2017, 06:21:24 AM »
Not stoked that America's fuckwit president just pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You should look up 'planned obsolescence'. The short lifespan of many electronics is intentional.

ive watched youtube videos on that stuff. its ridiculous. what i think is crazier is that i have stereo equipment from the 80's that works better and will probably still outlast just about everything modern that i own.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18297 on: May 31, 2017, 07:04:54 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

ive watched youtube videos on that stuff. its ridiculous. what i think is crazier is that i have stereo equipment from the 80's that works better and will probably still outlast just about everything modern that i own.

The killer for me is that "the system" is set up to where you HAVE to have one. You HAVE to have a phone and it costs $700 and you have to get another one in two years because fuck you that's why

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #18298 on: May 31, 2017, 08:01:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Just curious how you "got fucked"? I ended up having to pay one year but it was cause I fucked up(sold stock and didn't set aside for taxes). I assume an employer wasn't taking out taxes but that should be easy enough to figure out after a paycheck or 2.
Yeah my employer wasn't taking out enough taxes, even though i filled out my W4 correctly. Didn't catch it until it was too late and i was already in debt.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #18299 on: May 31, 2017, 10:54:33 AM »
Need to figure out whether I'm going to go to UC Santa Cruz or UC Santa Barbara next year and it's one of the hardest decisions I've had to make for some reason. I fit in with SC better and I like the overall vibe of the place more, but SB has a better sociology program and is probably the more respected of the two. Plus my dad's pressuring me really hard to go there, which is some classic asian dad shit. I just dunno if I can handle the whole frat boy party scene though.