Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885766 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #18750 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »
$300 electricity bill
$246 water bill
and I flatspotted my wheels two days ago

You live around Wilmington? I'm guessing cause of the Kinetic link in your profile.

I've got a pretty lightly skated pair of wheels I could send you for free. I know Wilmington is super close to me, so it shouldn't cost too much to ship.

Full disclosure: They're a pair of Chocolate wheels, I got for cheap. Dunno the duro, but pretty hard for my taste, but they're not bad overall.

My not stoked:

Waiting for a replacement part for my vaporizer to arrive, so I've been smoking a bunch of bowls and spliffs this week, and my throat is just destroyed.

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18751 on: September 23, 2017, 11:08:26 AM »
Girls are so damn confusing, been seeing this girl for a while, recently she said she kind of wanted to pump the breaks and take some pressure off but still wants to do everything weve been doing, not be with anyone else, go out, hang out etc yet we arent "together", makes no sense to me, some days shes super affectionate and normal, other days cold and distant, think its time to pull the plug on it, gets exhausting some days and i aint stoked on it

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #18752 on: September 23, 2017, 11:26:09 AM »
Girls are so damn confusing, been seeing this girl for a while, recently she said she kind of wanted to pump the breaks and take some pressure off but still wants to do everything weve been doing, not be with anyone else, go out, hang out etc yet we arent "together", makes no sense to me, some days shes super affectionate and normal, other days cold and distant, think its time to pull the plug on it, gets exhausting some days and i aint stoked on it

Pull the plug and run. Going through the same and I keep letting myself get pulled back in hoping things work out but, she isn't patient or open and it feel toxic. Just run dude!

Also gave me Blink-182 tickets (can't drive to Sac) and pretty much raped me this week when I had to study for an exam. Don't be me!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #18753 on: September 23, 2017, 11:29:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pull the plug and run. Going through the same and I keep letting myself get pulled back in hoping things work out but, she isn't patient or open and it feel toxic. Just run dude!

Also gave me Blink-182 tickets (can't drive to Sac) and pretty much raped me this week when I had to study for an exam. Don't be me!

Yeah dude, i think next time i see her im going to straight up say this isnt working for me, its best for me to get out now cause im not overly attached but it kind of came out of nowhere so i was kinda thrown off but i think its definitley time to dip, i wont be losing sleep over it

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #18754 on: September 23, 2017, 12:49:46 PM »
Expand Quote
$300 electricity bill
$246 water bill
and I flatspotted my wheels two days ago
[close]

You live around Wilmington? I'm guessing cause of the Kinetic link in your profile.

I've got a pretty lightly skated pair of wheels I could send you for free. I know Wilmington is super close to me, so it shouldn't cost too much to ship.

Full disclosure: They're a pair of Chocolate wheels, I got for cheap. Dunno the duro, but pretty hard for my taste, but they're not bad overall.
I'll be fine! Thank you though. I actually live in Richmond VA now, Might move in with my girlfriend in NYC soon though, I need a break from all this dixie shit

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18755 on: September 24, 2017, 09:47:54 AM »
Got the kind of shinner that splits your leg open to the bone and you should go get stitches but you get superglue instead. I'm getting too old for this shit.

Mongoloid

« Reply #18756 on: September 24, 2017, 09:56:30 AM »
Got the kind of shinner that splits your leg open to the bone and you should go get stitches but you get superglue instead. I'm getting too old for this shit.

Stitches are for pussies! Now you're metal AF!

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18757 on: September 24, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
got 2-3 of them in the last year, can't figure out why it turns so bad (through jeans !), now i ride with soccer shinguards without the plastic armor shit, just the foam, and the ankle guards that comes with it are helpfull
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:05:30 AM by the snake »

wheelies

« Reply #18758 on: September 24, 2017, 11:17:58 AM »
Feels like I body slammed off the leap of faith. That fight with my brother was too much Im not used to using that much energy, not even skating. This my last free day too, bouta be chillin with the addicts and homeless. Free me.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #18759 on: September 25, 2017, 10:44:30 AM »
Got in a car accident over the weekend.

An older woman hit my friends and I as we were headed home after skating all day. It was completely her fault. I've never been in an accident in my life and I'm pretty bummed. I'm really not stoked because I literally need my car for everything I do. Work, school, friends, groceries, errands... I need my car for all of that.. and now I'm car-less. Hopefully her insurance will get me a rental.. but I don't know when that will happen. Doesn't help that I'm broke as fuck. After a shitty paycheck and paying rent, I have no money leftover.

I was lucky enough for my coworker to pick me up for work this morning, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna get home. A $20-$25 uber ride is really not in my budget right now either. I'm gonna have to skip class today too...

I'm stressing bigtime.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18760 on: September 25, 2017, 10:53:38 AM »

An older woman hit my friends and I as we were headed home after skating all day. It was completely her fault. I've never been in an accident in my life and I'm pretty bummed. I'm really not stoked because I literally need my car for everything I do. Work, school, friends, groceries, errands... I need my car for all of that.. and now I'm car-less. Hopefully her insurance will get me a rental.. but I don't know when that will happen. Doesn't help that I'm broke as fuck. After a shitty paycheck and paying rent, I have no money leftover.

I was lucky enough for my coworker to pick me up for work this morning, but I'm not sure how I'm gonna get home. A $20-$25 uber ride is really not in my budget right now either. I'm gonna have to skip class today too...

I'm stressing bigtime.

Get your insurance company on her insurance company ASAP. They will drag their asses and you'll be fucked if you don't. That's what you pay insurance for, so get them on the phone and TELL them what you NEED. Don't ask what they're going to do, tell them you need a car and you need it by mid-week. Call them frequently until they make it happen. You've already paid for it.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18761 on: September 25, 2017, 11:11:06 AM »
^no bus in your area ? it's cheap, and you can bring your board if the stops aren't close from your destinations, could be a solution while waiting for your rental car

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #18762 on: September 25, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
Expand Quote

I'm stressing bigtime.
[close]

Get your insurance company on her insurance company ASAP. They will drag their asses and you'll be fucked if you don't. That's what you pay insurance for, so get them on the phone and TELL them what you NEED. Don't ask what they're going to do, tell them you need a car and you need it by mid-week. Call them frequently until they make it happen. You've already paid for it.

This. You might not get a bunch of money, but you'll get a check from her insurance for something. In my state, we have something called a mini tort where your insurance basically sues the insurance of the person who caused the accident and you wind up getting like $1000. Find out if your state has something like that. Ask reddit if you can't find any info on google.

I feel for you man. I've been hit several times and one was when I was in a situation just like you. It sucks. Make sure that you and your friends are all ok too. Sometimes it takes a few days for back and neck pain to set in, but my last accident I had such bad whiplash that after a few days I couldn't move my neck at all and had to do a month of physical therapy to get back to normal.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #18763 on: September 25, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
God damn it, it seems literally every time I leave my house somebody has to try to fuck with me, I was on my regular jog route earlier tonight and some douche in his mom's Infiniti is half way in the crosswalk so I slow up a bit to let him make what I assume is a right hand turn and this Chumlee looking mother fucker flips a bitch and tries to I guess check me or something and almost hits me while I'm in the middle of the crosswalk. I say something along the lines like "what's up man?"  Expecting an altercation of some sort but he peels off back down the street probably taking a celebratory vape rip on how badass he just looked. I know insignificant shit like this shouldn't bum me out but for some reason that fat little hobit rubbed me the wrong way.
TLDR;  I hate shitty people

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #18764 on: September 25, 2017, 11:39:47 PM »
Had to call in sick today, the fever is killing me. It's not even 9 AM yet and I'm already losing my mind. Just sitting here, all useless like.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #18765 on: September 26, 2017, 10:49:08 PM »
fucking deck is cracked and though i'm working more hours, i'm only making enough to cover rent and power. shoes look like a pair of dirty old work-gloves too

i hope i see some good fortune soon
even the steven

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18766 on: September 27, 2017, 10:53:11 AM »

I'm stressing bigtime.

I ended up taking that uber ride :(

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just got of the phone with the other insurance agent, and they're gonna set me up with a rental car by the end of today. At least I'll have a nice car to drive around for a minute that has air conditioning.

My car was not nice either, so when the agent admitted fault for the accident she said that my car is technically totaled. So I'm curious as to how much money they are going to give me for this. If it's what I think it is ($2,000-$3,000), I would be hyped to use it as a down payment on a newer car. I'm optimistic as of right now.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18767 on: September 27, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »
Expand Quote

I'm stressing bigtime.
[close]

I ended up taking that uber ride :(

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just got of the phone with the other insurance agent, and they're gonna set me up with a rental car by the end of today. At least I'll have a nice car to drive around for a minute that has air conditioning.

My car was not nice either, so when the agent admitted fault for the accident she said that my car is technically totaled. So I'm curious as to how much money they are going to give me for this. If it's what I think it is ($2,000-$3,000), I would be hyped to use it as a down payment on a newer car. I'm optimistic as of right now.

If the owner thinks it's only work $2k-$3k, the insurance company is going to have some bad news for you.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18768 on: September 28, 2017, 08:49:02 AM »
I'm definitely aiming low. I'm guessing I'll most likely get somewhere between $1,700 to $2,000 .. I understand that they will lowball you.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #18769 on: September 28, 2017, 01:08:55 PM »
Rolled my ankle today for the 4th time in a 12 month span.  Last October it was the bad one. I think I broke it then, never took care of it.  I think it's just permanently weakened and rolls super easy now. Think I should get a brace and some super flat shoes, vans or something.
you never know about pre-cum 

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18771 on: September 29, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »
this motherfucking cold sore/herps on my lips..might as well have a knife in my head cuz that's how i feel people are staring at me while i talk to them
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #18772 on: October 05, 2017, 07:48:46 AM »
I've been kind of sick for the past week. Lost my voice for a while and lots of coughing.

My wife is sick too, which means no sex. Not stoked.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #18773 on: October 05, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
this motherfucking cold sore/herps on my lips..might as well have a knife in my head cuz that's how i feel people are staring at me while i talk to them

Gotta sort out your lysine/arginine ratio my bitch. Stay away from nuts and citrus, eat yourself some dairy and get l-lysine tablets. Next time you start to feel a tingling around your mouth, take a lysine tablet with a meal

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #18774 on: October 06, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »
My ankle is fucked and tangerine La Croix tastes like an orange peel.
you never know about pre-cum 

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18775 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:29 PM »
been working for a month straight and still skating/drinking like normal.  i feel like i cant keep up

doublesteveburger

« Reply #18776 on: October 06, 2017, 11:18:08 PM »
Being overly realistic (or pessimistic? can't seem to distinguish the two lately) about the life-span of any given relationship is both comforting and crippling. It's like trying to enjoy magic while knowing how the trick is done pre-act.

Reading that over is super depressing, Jesus Christ.

Pigeon

« Reply #18777 on: October 07, 2017, 10:19:49 PM »
constipation and diarrhea

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18778 on: October 07, 2017, 10:23:33 PM »
you can't just say that
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #18779 on: October 08, 2017, 01:00:16 AM »
The Yin and the Yang