Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885827 times)

WastedHippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #21510 on: November 15, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
My life or should I say my fucking mind. I have a lot of great things going on and a bunch of opportunities that I need/ want to act on to reach my goals. I have no right to be bummed but fuck man, I'm so goddamned lost. Maybe because I have no one to open up to so everything from birth till now is just bottled up ready to explode like a nuclear warhead. Actually, I probably do have friends/ family that would listen but I feel like I can't because this is how I've been my entire life. It would just be so out of character.

Even typing this out feels foreign to me. I guess the point of me posting this is like slowly releasing a little carbonation from a shaken up soda bottle before it explodes. Sorry to be a bummer on this fine Friday but I just don't know.

I say push the boundaries and act out of character if there's a chance it'll help in the long run.

7th Chamber

« Reply #21511 on: November 16, 2019, 01:51:15 AM »
Half of my keys fell off my 15 year old carabiner. I didn't notice when it happened. I'm hoping they're in the car somewhere but I doubt it. Key to my other car was lost, one of those stupid smart key fobs. It's a lot to replace. Half hour late to work because I was retracing my steps.

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #21512 on: November 16, 2019, 03:02:20 AM »
My life or should I say my fucking mind. I have a lot of great things going on and a bunch of opportunities that I need/ want to act on to reach my goals. I have no right to be bummed but fuck man, I'm so goddamned lost. Maybe because I have no one to open up to so everything from birth till now is just bottled up ready to explode like a nuclear warhead. Actually, I probably do have friends/ family that would listen but I feel like I can't because this is how I've been my entire life. It would just be so out of character.

Even typing this out feels foreign to me. I guess the point of me posting this is like slowly releasing a little carbonation from a shaken up soda bottle before it explodes. Sorry to be a bummer on this fine Friday but I just don't know.

"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step".

I commend you on taking this one and reaching out. I know it's not easy.  Also not easy to reach out to family after years of semi-isolation.  Sounds like you are honest with yourself about the problems, but could use some fresh perspective.

Whenever life's getting hectic, the EASIEST way to get my attitude adjusted, is I take time to reflect and take inventory on my life.  When you wake up, first thing, start saying aloud a list of ALL the things that you are grateful for.  Starting with being alive, well, and having a new day to be filled with new challenges and opportunities.

Big things, small things, people, pets, job, everything.  As you say each thing, take a few seconds to reflect on each in a little more detail and smile and FEEL the joy each brings.  This creates the "attitude of gratitude" and by the Law Of Attraction, poises you to attract more positivity and things to be grateful for. 

I'm not making light of this when I say that I'm reading it as a cry for help.  I've seen too many good dudes, severely blow it and fucked their life over losing control in a fit of rage, from bottled aggression.  Way too many.  Prisons are filled with them.  One of my BEST childhood friends is one of them.

Just know that you have at least one SLAP homie that cares enough to listen and take seriously, whatever you want to share in confidence.  Feel free to PM me. 

And I agree with Wasted Hippy about pushing boundaries and out of your comfort zone, which you've taken an important first step with your post. 

Maybe take a baby step toward family tomorrow.  Who SHOULD you be in better communication with, but have procrastinated in calling?

I did this and it has been amazing in rebuilding my connections to family.  Start with a text.

"Hey, just want you to know, I'm thinking about ya", would love to hear your voice sometime soon.

I found it to be just enough of an Ice Breaker to make the first call that much easier to make.  It's a snowball effect.  After the first call, it becomes easier and easier to keep in touch.

Feel free to reach out, homie, seriously, I got you.  Otherwise, best of luck and I hope today brings more optimism your way.

* Fixing coding error.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 04:17:39 AM by Pho King Hung Lo Mein »
"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21513 on: November 16, 2019, 05:54:39 AM »
I lost my son on Halloween 2011 my dad died the 15th of Nov 2015 and my birthday is the 18th.  I am 42 and I feel as though each year it gets even more miserable.

I don't know how to shake this funk in my head anyone have an idea? No I don't like getting faded I am kinda just a boring nerd into skating biking shit.
Dueces Bitch's

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #21514 on: November 16, 2019, 07:18:41 AM »
You just need to be like George and now do the opposite of what you have been doing . Bottling up hasn’t worked has it ? So now it’s time to let it out . Go talk to those people .

I say push the boundaries and act out of character if there's a chance it'll help in the long run.

"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step".

I commend you on taking this one and reaching out. I know it's not easy.  Also not easy to reach out to family after years of semi-isolation.  Sounds like you are honest with yourself about the problems, but could use some fresh perspective.

Whenever life's getting hectic, the EASIEST way to get my attitude adjusted, is I take time to reflect and take inventory on my life.  When you wake up, first thing, start saying aloud a list of ALL the things that you are grateful for.  Starting with being alive, well, and having a new day to be filled with new challenges and opportunities.

Big things, small things, people, pets, job, everything.  As you say each thing, take a few seconds to reflect on each in a little more detail and smile and FEEL the joy each brings.  This creates the "attitude of gratitude" and by the Law Of Attraction, poises you to attract more positivity and things to be grateful for. 

I'm not making light of this when I say that I'm reading it as a cry for help.  I've seen too many good dudes, severely blow it and fucked their life over losing control in a fit of rage, from bottled aggression.  Way too many.  Prisons are filled with them.  One of my BEST childhood friends is one of them.

Just know that you have at least one SLAP homie that cares enough to listen and take seriously, whatever you want to share in confidence.  Feel free to PM me. 

And I agree with Wasted Hippy about pushing boundaries and out of your comfort zone, which you've taken an important first step with your post. 

Maybe take a baby step toward family tomorrow.  Who SHOULD you be in better communication with, but have procrastinated in calling?

I did this and it has been amazing in rebuilding my connections to family.  Start with a text.

"Hey, just want you to know, I'm thinking about ya", would love to hear your voice sometime soon.

I found it to be just enough of an Ice Breaker to make the first call that much easier to make.  It's a snowball effect.  After the first call, it becomes easier and easier to keep in touch.

Feel free to reach out, homie, seriously, I got you.  Otherwise, best of luck and I hope today brings more optimism your way.

* Fixing coding error.

I appreciate these perspectives. Thank you. Today is a new day and I have a lot of thinking to do. I might take you up on that offer one of these days Pho King Hung Lo Mein.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 07:21:31 AM by Chatbot »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #21515 on: November 16, 2019, 12:27:29 PM »
I lost my son on Halloween 2011 my dad died the 15th of Nov 2015 and my birthday is the 18th.  I am 42 and I feel as though each year it gets even more miserable.

I don't know how to shake this funk in my head anyone have an idea? No I don't like getting faded I am kinda just a boring nerd into skating biking shit.

That's really rough, I'm sorry. I don't have any surefire ideas - maybe a mode of self-expression like painting. I paint when I'm depressed. Maybe talk to some friends or relatives and tell them you care about them.

Or - I haven't tried this, just learned about it - a dopamine fast. That's where you deprive your body of any sensation to try and appreciate things like music and good food more.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #21516 on: November 16, 2019, 04:54:06 PM »

There's nothing to say to this. I'm so sorry. If god was real I'd kick his ass.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21517 on: November 16, 2019, 05:14:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's really rough, I'm sorry. I don't have any surefire ideas - maybe a mode of self-expression like painting. I paint when I'm depressed. Maybe talk to some friends or relatives and tell them you care about them.

Or - I haven't tried this, just learned about it - a dopamine fast. That's where you deprive your body of any sensation to try and appreciate things like music and good food more.
Thank you for your help, I find the dopamine fast is a good way to exasperate my mantra for maintaining sobriety.

I have to always be doing something when I’m not working. Keeps my mind occupied if I’m too idle I can get really bored and boredom becomes something worse.

Dueces Bitch's

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #21518 on: November 16, 2019, 05:31:36 PM »
Kiss cancelled there final australian tour, bummed cause i was looking forward to it forever

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Brguy

« Reply #21519 on: November 17, 2019, 11:04:45 PM »
I got drunk and jumped from a high place, hurt my foot cause there was no way of rolling out of it and now I'm walking half on my toes. I feel regular.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #21520 on: November 18, 2019, 05:43:58 AM »
Listening to people, I wake up and all I hear is, "I need respect, the world needs to change" as they don't change anything. I used to be part of the LGBT+ community but I fucking quit due to the fact that I can't stand listening to them complain, It's like they only hit me up when they need some muscle to get things done, if you're reading this, we're not friends.

Honestly I just need need a vacation away from the world, I try not to post on here on the weekends due to the fact that's the only time I get to myself. fuck people. I just figure to keep to myself at this point.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21521 on: November 18, 2019, 08:09:27 PM »
Listening to people, I wake up and all I hear is, "I need respect, the world needs to change" as they don't change anything. I used to be part of the LGBT+ community but I fucking quit due to the fact that I can't stand listening to them complain, It's like they only hit me up when they need some muscle to get things done, if you're reading this, we're not friends.

Honestly I just need need a vacation away from the world, I try not to post on here on the weekends due to the fact that's the only time I get to myself. fuck people. I just figure to keep to myself at this point.

You could treat SLAP as a place to escape from people/the real world for a little bit man. Keep your head up bro

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #21522 on: November 19, 2019, 05:13:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You could treat SLAP as a place to escape from people/the real world for a little bit man. Keep your head up bro
Thanks, SLAP is a cool place if you know your place.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21523 on: November 19, 2019, 11:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Thanks, SLAP is a cool place if you know your place.

I feel you but i dont think you need to know your place... Just do your thing, read whats interesting, chime in when you want, theres always gonna be a handful of judgemental people trying to put you down or talk shit, best advice is ignore it and partake when you choose.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #21524 on: November 20, 2019, 05:59:48 AM »
Thanks homie

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #21525 on: November 20, 2019, 08:22:21 AM »
What a let down. I spent like whatever time the suprememe video dropped till now looking for the punk kid who did the back heel in the blatz shirt. I thought for sure this kid is worth supporting.
I might have been wrong though

The cis white male must be erased from society by all means necessary.
Until we undo this old program all queer folks are in danger.
They want us dead so hit first for once.
BASH BACK
Any queer who thinks differently is fucking brainwashed or is new

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 08:24:33 AM by AssFlea »
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #21526 on: November 20, 2019, 08:46:33 AM »
What a let down. I spent like whatever time the suprememe video dropped till now looking for the punk kid who did the back heel in the blatz shirt. I thought for sure this kid is worth supporting.

BASH BACK
what...

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #21527 on: November 22, 2019, 06:48:43 AM »
So I got this friend right, but I can't stand him anymore, he's just so pretentious and I won't even look at him anymore because when I see his face all I can think of is him saying how advanced and superior he is, you ever just see someone and you want to punch them in the throat even though they haven't said anything?

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #21528 on: November 22, 2019, 06:57:17 AM »
Look in the mirror man

Be careful with the f word
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #21529 on: November 22, 2019, 07:26:54 AM »

BASH BACK
that's amusing but honestly, if we were one big monolith that wanted you dead, ya'll wouldn't be here.
methinks the lady doth project too much.

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #21530 on: November 22, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
Breaking it off with someone because they don't really understand me or seem to want to at all.  Shit sucks hurting people's feelings.  I am way too hard on myself and just get worked into a ball of stress and depression over it.  Sorry for only posting shitty feeling stuff on here.

ClownOfTheDay

• I miss Assflea
« Reply #21531 on: November 22, 2019, 12:11:25 PM »
Look in the mirror man

What does this even mean?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #21532 on: November 22, 2019, 12:57:07 PM »
So I got this friend right, but I can't stand him anymore, he's just so pretentious and I won't even look at him anymore because when I see his face all I can think of is him saying how advanced and superior he is, you ever just see someone and you want to punch them in the throat even though they haven't said anything?

You're friends with Mark Suciu?
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21533 on: November 22, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Look in the mirror man

[close]
What does this even mean?

I think he's saying it doesn't sound like you are actually friends

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #21534 on: November 23, 2019, 05:55:02 AM »

I swore never to fuck with them since they started putting extra padding in the dunk tongues and made an SB "branch."
More typical bullshit from the slavery swoosh. When it comes to Nike, every year I hear something worse about them.
When I see someone wearing nikes its basically a Redbull hat with images of human exploitation stylishly embroidered on the sides.   

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21535 on: November 23, 2019, 08:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're friends with Mark Suciu?
Aaron Kyro or Andy Shrock ya mean?
Dueces Bitch's

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21536 on: November 23, 2019, 12:07:49 PM »
I was walking my dog and these two girls waiting for the bus were laughing the whole time we were approaching and I overheard one of them say something about a rodent. Then he pissed on a sign post in front of them and they were starting at the piss and laughing. Then I glared at them and said, in the pissiest way possible, "It's piss. It's what dogs do." Then one of them said the piss was just funny looking. Stupid bitches.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21537 on: November 23, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
Harsh year with the number of people I know dying. The reaper not fucking around in 2019 at all.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21538 on: November 23, 2019, 02:11:05 PM »
I was walking my dog and these two girls waiting for the bus were laughing the whole time we were approaching and I overheard one of them say something about a rodent. Then he pissed on a sign post in front of them and they were starting at the piss and laughing. Then I glared at them and said, in the pissiest way possible, "It's piss. It's what dogs do." Then one of them said the piss was just funny looking. Stupid bitches.

lol this is strange in so many ways I don't where to start

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #21539 on: November 24, 2019, 02:34:57 AM »
Shoulder is fucked.  Woke up almost had gang green in my hand no joke.  Too much manual labour lately.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"