Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1882679 times)

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • evensteven
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #21990 on: February 27, 2020, 10:38:28 PM »
the price of old skate shirts really pisses me off. these dudes want $150 minimum for anything hookups or birdhouse,.  i look for old toy machine shirts but they are pricey as well.

i don't see how the shirts are as much as the boards if not more
even the steven

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #21991 on: February 28, 2020, 03:22:35 AM »
I work in rental bussiness with LED screens. We are maybe the biggest company in central Europe, and this Corona shit is really fucking shit up. We have some screens on Geneva autoshow, and now it has been cancelled too. We are loosing money like fuck.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21992 on: February 28, 2020, 08:35:00 AM »
I gave a friend a pair of decent old trucks when he needed them and he’s since bought new ones more to his liking.

I had another friend who I was setting up a complete for so I asked if I could get back the old ones he wasn’t using but HE THREW THEM IN THE TRASH!

Who fucking does that?!?
Someone not worth giving kickdowns to unless advised to reciprocate the gesture of kindness. I believe that everything that one considers trash someone else will use especially trucks.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21993 on: February 28, 2020, 08:37:14 AM »
Also, I hope your mom gets well soon, Fisherman. I feel gross following up your serious problem with a trivial complaint.
Also have had double walking pneumonia it sucked hence why me and SF don't get along everytime I go there I get mad sick with pneumonia, every single time.
Dueces Bitch's

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #21994 on: February 28, 2020, 09:54:44 AM »
My partner of the past 3-4 years started using cocaine. It immediately became an every day, all the time thing. I’ve asked them to let me buy them a testing kit, cuz if they’re using they might as well be safe? They weren’t interested. It’s put a strain on our relationship and man, it hurts so fucking much.
I’ve been a few years hard drug-free and cocaine was one of my problem drugs. Admittedly, my partner using is affecting my own recovery. I spoke with a friend who is a substance abuse counselor and she recommended I set boundaries and distance myself, that there wasn’t much I can do.
And I’m just here hurting. Too sad to go skate. It’s a beautiful day. I stayed up late because I stayed at my partner’s apartment and found coke residue all over the place, so I cleaned every surface and washed every coke tool. I love them so much. I really wish things weren’t like this.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #21995 on: February 29, 2020, 12:55:26 AM »
My partner of the past 3-4 years started using cocaine. It immediately became an every day, all the time thing. I’ve asked them to let me buy them a testing kit, cuz if they’re using they might as well be safe? They weren’t interested. It’s put a strain on our relationship and man, it hurts so fucking much.
I’ve been a few years hard drug-free and cocaine was one of my problem drugs. Admittedly, my partner using is affecting my own recovery. I spoke with a friend who is a substance abuse counselor and she recommended I set boundaries and distance myself, that there wasn’t much I can do.
And I’m just here hurting. Too sad to go skate. It’s a beautiful day. I stayed up late because I stayed at my partner’s apartment and found coke residue all over the place, so I cleaned every surface and washed every coke tool. I love them so much. I really wish things weren’t like this.

As an ex-junkie, all I can say is: leave now. There is nothing you can do for them. You know it yourself. When/if they get their shit together, then you can talk.

Sorry for being blunt. Terrible situation to be in. Would be shitty to see you stop posting and skating to smoke rocks just because your partner talked you into it.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21996 on: February 29, 2020, 04:56:24 AM »
Despite most of my family passing it off as her forgetfulness it's becoming clear my mum is developing alzheimer's.
The worst part is they live in England with my brother and I live in Australia.

15 years ago living over here was a rad idea and I still love it but it's becoming clear that there are downsides.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #21997 on: February 29, 2020, 01:36:34 PM »
Asking my mom for rent money. It's wack as fuck, but I was off the job and not getting paid for a while. I'm back at work now but I haven't had a payday yet.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #21998 on: February 29, 2020, 01:45:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
People assuming that working in a pawn shop is just like an episode of fucking Pawn Stars.
[close]

Instead it's just people bringing in power tools and tvs to get cash to go score
[close]
Somewhat true. We see our fair share of meth heads and crack addicts, but they rarely have something that we're willing to put money in, or they have a brand new whatever the fuck still wrapped up in the original packaging but no receipt. Which, at that point, we can't take it.
But, most of the customers we see are people who live paycheck-to-paycheck, or are on disability/social security and need a little cash before their money hits their account.

so true. I'm glad you see that. I get treated like a drug addict everywhere. I'm fucking disabled doing the best I can.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #21999 on: March 01, 2020, 05:53:26 AM »
Just caught a bad cold, sinuses completely stuffed and throat is killing me. Haven't been sick in years.

Such a fun weekend, at least it's not as bad as it was on Friday.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #22000 on: March 01, 2020, 08:48:23 AM »
I have to fly to Mexico City Tuesday-Friday for work. Mexico City is safe but I have concerns around COVID19, specifically being in an international airport.

I, personally, could care less if I get it. However, I really care if I pass it onto my wife or infant niece/nephew.

My company, directly from HR, already said (paraphrased) if you’re uncomfortable traveling, don’t do it. When I voiced this to my boss, his response was, “What are your thoughts on lightning?”. I understood the context and was a little offended by it. He’s a cool person, we’re friends and I’m convinced he wants me to go so he’s not alone.

Due to the events taking place there are once in a lifetime, I decided to go.

Fingers crossed I don’t regret this

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #22001 on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:28 AM »
I have to fly to Mexico City Tuesday-Friday for work. Mexico City is safe but I have concerns around COVID19, specifically being in an international airport.

I, personally, could care less if I get it. However, I really care if I pass it onto my wife or infant niece/nephew.

My company, directly from HR, already said (paraphrased) if you’re uncomfortable traveling, don’t do it. When I voiced this to my boss, his response was, “What are your thoughts on lightning?”. I understood the context and was a little offended by it. He’s a cool person, we’re friends and I’m convinced he wants me to go so he’s not alone.

Due to the events taking place there are once in a lifetime, I decided to go.

Fingers crossed I don’t regret this
there were like only1 or 2 cases in Mexico i believe but yeah, it being an international airport. More cases in Canada I think. That’s kind of a bummer response from a boss. Bit of a deflection.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #22002 on: March 01, 2020, 02:25:46 PM »
So I got broken up with a few weeks ago and has since talked to the chick just over text and got the most sociopathic responses ever like lack of empathy or reasoning. It was such a good connection we had so it’s a big bummer. I tried talking to her how I was bummed my roommates moving out and my other roommate is talking about splitting also and it would leave me by myself unable to afford living alone. She was like you’re putting all this pressure on me and I’m not the one you can come to to make you happy I’m sorry. So basically in the next month if I don’t have someone move in, my other roommate says he moving out too. And it’s gonna force me to probably move back in with my parents in jersey and I’m already kinda depressed and it’s gonna make me sooooo much more depressed if I have to do that.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22003 on: March 01, 2020, 03:40:09 PM »
So I got broken up with a few weeks ago and has since talked to the chick just over text and got the most sociopathic responses ever like lack of empathy or reasoning. It was such a good connection we had so it’s a big bummer. I tried talking to her how I was bummed my roommates moving out and my other roommate is talking about splitting also and it would leave me by myself unable to afford living alone. She was like you’re putting all this pressure on me and I’m not the one you can come to to make you happy I’m sorry. So basically in the next month if I don’t have someone move in, my other roommate says he moving out too. And it’s gonna force me to probably move back in with my parents in jersey and I’m already kinda depressed and it’s gonna make me sooooo much more depressed if I have to do that.
Keep your head up there is always light after darkness.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22004 on: March 01, 2020, 07:06:30 PM »
I been avoiding friends and most family for years because I feel like bad things will happen to them if I come around.

They don't understand because I can't explain that I am cursed.

Sometimes I think I should stop being "insane" and bring my disastrous ass around to see them before Its too late.

My hot feet and fears say just split without saying goodbye to finish life in another place.
(A)pl(E)

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #22005 on: March 01, 2020, 08:08:31 PM »
I work in rental bussiness with LED screens. We are maybe the biggest company in central Europe, and this Corona shit is really fucking shit up. We have some screens on Geneva autoshow, and now it has been cancelled too. We are loosing money like fuck.

Sorry to hear, man.

I sell food products online, I'm having a bit of a bump with this, but as I'm expecting within the next 1-2 weeks, our supply chains are gonna be fucked up for a long time to come and it's gonna be a rough ride into Spring/Summer when my biz normally takes an already-tough seasonal downturn.

The global implications of this beyond the sickness itself is going to be something that I expect will be in the next generation's history books.  I also expect this means that when the dust settles, there's going to be a LOT of nations bolstering production on certain things internally and doing all they can to rely less on products/manufacturing coming from other parts of the world.

The ONLY things I'm getting a slowdown on now, are - as I'm sure it's guessed - literally anything coming from Asian nations.  Which of course were some of my best sellers before, and now, they're the one thing tanking just after I shell out $10k to ship in new product from CA.  Doesn't matter that I mention the stuff I sell is from Hong Kong or Taiwan, everyone's just all freaked out now and won't touch it.  At least it's frozen stuff I can sit on, but had I known it'd get this bad this fast, I sure as shit wouldn't have sunk that money into restocking any time soon.

What I'm also bummed on is that normally, this next week is the one time a year I get to flee the Midwest and head for sunny southern CA for the Natural Products Expo for a week, and with all the virus fears, my wife and I both scratched those plans in a flash, so I get to sit home and just do more of the usual work shit, so the one thing I look forward to all fucking winter for my getaway just got tossed out.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22006 on: March 02, 2020, 07:09:24 AM »
Spent the night in the ER with my wife because her asthma started flaring up in the worst way possible. Her inhaler ran out earlier in the day and she had no way of getting any relief unless we went and got her a breathing treatment. I've never been so scared to lose her... She could barely function by the time we actually got to the hospital...

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22007 on: March 02, 2020, 07:16:39 AM »
I just shit myself a little trying to get impossible nose manny on flat.

Its hard being old and sick.

(A)pl(E)

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22008 on: March 02, 2020, 09:47:28 AM »
Car started making noises from the engine.
Paid out $650 to some mechanic only to have it happen again today, to be honest he's a pretty decent dude who more than likely won't charge us. I just wish I wasn't so shit at cars so I could fix it myself.

Now have to fart about organizing lifts to and from the mechanic
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #22009 on: March 02, 2020, 11:41:02 AM »
Spent the night in the ER with my wife because her asthma started flaring up in the worst way possible. Her inhaler ran out earlier in the day and she had no way of getting any relief unless we went and got her a breathing treatment. I've never been so scared to lose her... She could barely function by the time we actually got to the hospital...

That is terrifying man, really sorry to hear about that.

Unrelated to what you went through, and I apologize for that, but I got into a deep discussion with a friend about naturally selecting a mate and how modern times affect that primal instinct. I didn’t think about it until recently but almost everyone I’ve ever dated, my wife included, has been a foot shorter than me and at least 100 pounds lighter. I never thought about this as me being more attracted to said description, aesthetically, but more from my ability to physically save my partner if anything were to incapacitate them.

Again, none of that means a god damn thing when it comes to an asthma attack.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #22010 on: March 02, 2020, 12:12:56 PM »
I moved 30 minutes from work whereas last week I lived 1 mile from work. Now I can’t play games or chill at home on my lunch break. I’m gonna have to sit in my car or god forbid, bring my food inside and eat with coworkers.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #22011 on: March 02, 2020, 04:52:25 PM »
Well, shit, the tradeshow I was planning to avoid actually was fully canceled last minute, that's gonna be a BIG hit for Anaheim's local economy this coming week since apparently it's the 2nd largest event of the year that goes on at the convention center.  Virus scare apparently caused almost 50% cancellations in the past few days, so today, they pulled the plug for the first time ever, giving people less than a fucking day to try to find a way out from their commitments.

I feel really, really terrible for the small companies who are going to be out thousands and thousands of dollars for their booth spaces and flight/hotel losses, shit costs something like $5k just to get a shitty card table in one of the far outreaches of the hall where few bother to venture to, probably well over a hundred million dollars just dried up overnight.  Those who paid for prime space are out WAY more than that, and if you were big enough to need a booth that has presence?  Well, you just lost enough to buy a new Tesla outright.

Stay safe, those of you in CA, seems the panic in your state is settling in big, let's just hope is cautionary hype and not because this virus situation is far worse than we know!
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #22012 on: March 02, 2020, 06:54:05 PM »
Watching the Joe Biden rally in Dallas (where I live) in which Amy Klobuchar is spewing pablum about supporting and fighting for regular people when, clearly, all the "moderate" candidates are lining up behind Joe under some kind of directive from the Democratic establishment aimed at circumventing a real grassroots movement a la Bernie Sanders.

Fuck em.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #22013 on: March 03, 2020, 01:01:06 PM »
My flight to greece in 2 weeks just got cancelled through the airline because of covid19.

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #22014 on: March 03, 2020, 01:14:56 PM »
I paid $24,000 in taxes for 2019 and I’ll never be able to own a home 😂.

Bernie will help you out with that soon. 😂

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #22015 on: March 03, 2020, 02:23:18 PM »
Learned I can't get the surgery I need done in my country. Gotta book somewhere else and fly out, thankfully the overall cost won't absolutely fuck me and I can get back to working much faster and recoup. I'm just bummed that I can't get seen let alone treated where I live, makes me consider moving somewhere else for health reasons.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22016 on: March 04, 2020, 07:17:21 AM »
Last night, I found out that my grandmother passed away yesterday morning...

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #22017 on: March 04, 2020, 07:34:20 AM »
damn, my condolences Fisherman.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #22018 on: March 04, 2020, 08:18:34 AM »

Awe sorry man, god damn it. I'm sure she had a great life man. May she rest peacefully.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #22019 on: March 05, 2020, 08:39:04 AM »
Really sorry to hear about your grandma, Fisherman. My condolences. Shalom.