Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1886329 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22260 on: May 12, 2020, 10:15:07 PM »
I have a really old friend that I still hang out with regularly but he always acts as if his time is more precious or takes priority. It's always me waiting around to hear when he's available and he expects me to be ready to go right away. I've actually complained about it to him before and he changed things up a bit. But recently we've been working on a project together and I always try to get my part done ASAP but he always takes his sweet time so I'm left having to do all of my stuff at the last minute. Sometimes it really ticks me off but I don't want to ruin a friendship over it. Kind of a shitty situation. Do I bring this up again or just let it go? I have a real problem with situations like this. I hate the feeling of someone thinking or acting like they're the superior in a relationship, even if they're not doing it consciously.

I’d mention it again. It’s clearly bothering you and it’s unhealthy to keep it bottled up. Probably best to do so in a good-natured, non-confrontational way to avoid as much awkwardness as possible.

Mentioning it the first time seemed to do some good- this time he might be a bit more resistant. That’s where you could explain yourself a bit further while simultaneously letting him know that you value the friendship. Maybe that sounds too Ann Landers, but yeah.

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #22261 on: May 13, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »
Was driving out to the country to help a mate with some cash work and my car overheated and broke down on the side of the highway. Not only is it gonna be costly to fix but ive already spent over $1000 on it the last time it overheated for a new waterpump but i realised i cant really rely on anyone for help. Could not get a single soul to drive an hour to pick me up, cause of this covid bullshit i couldnt jump in with the tow truck guy even though it costed $250 just to tow my car back to my area and leave me stranded

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #22262 on: May 14, 2020, 04:17:46 AM »
Literally every time I’ve opened my front door to go outside or to get back inside this past week a moth or grasshopper or other winged insect has tried to fly into my apartment; they’re pretty much just camping out right in front of my door waiting for their moment to strike and then when they see the door open BAM they bumrush it. There’s two moths that got in a few days ago and they’re somewhere in my apartment just hiding and chillin right now, haven’t been able to find them. If I do see them I’ll try to get them but then they fly away and end up hiding somewhere else.

Also these past few days I’ve been waking up randomly after only 2-3 hours of sleep for no reason; I’ll go to bed then once the 2-3 hour mark hits I’ll just randomly wake up, wide awake too; it’s weird. Then I’ll toss n turn and usually have a difficult ass time of getting back asleep. Even now as I’m typing this it’s because I woke up and haven’t been able to fall back asleep. Been dragging ass at work recently because of it. Usually I can squeeze a good 5-6 hours in before I wake up, and when I do it’s just for a couple minutes just to pee or something and then I can usually fall back asleep pretty easily.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22263 on: May 14, 2020, 07:46:44 AM »
The whole mentality of all or nothing.
I see it in politics a lot.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22264 on: May 14, 2020, 10:28:45 AM »
My mother is being rushed to the emergency room in Gloucester Addison Gilbert.
She's having a heart attack I'm told. I'm also being told I'm not going to be allowed into the hospital. I have no idea what to do.

She works at that hospital. She had surgery not long ago.

She's been working through all this pandemic. I have no idea what to do.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #22265 on: May 14, 2020, 10:37:52 AM »
She's having a heart attack I'm told. I'm also being told I'm not going to be allowed into the hospital. I have no idea what to do.

damn man try to keep your head up. People do survive these things

Saint Coke

« Reply #22266 on: May 14, 2020, 04:44:42 PM »
Stay positive Flea. You can always talk to me.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #22267 on: May 15, 2020, 03:46:43 PM »

How did it turn out? Hope everything went well.

Found out the woman who's been doing my hair for 11 years is a huge transphobe. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasnt the only person in town who does dreads and if she wasnt a friend. I either gotta stick to my morals and not support someone spreading misinformation and hate or keep going to her knowing that she sucks as a person

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22268 on: May 15, 2020, 06:49:44 PM »
Idk. So she had old leaking breast implants scraped out of her like 8 months ago. Now she's been have all types of problems. Gallbladder lymph nodes are all a flame.

I'll know in a few hopefully what's going on. She's just been like resting. I'm just been trying to think positive and not go mad.
(A)pl(E)

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #22269 on: May 15, 2020, 08:33:59 PM »
Idk. So she had old leaking breast implants scraped out of her like 8 months ago. Now she's been have all types of problems. Gallbladder lymph nodes are all a flame.

I'll know in a few hopefully what's going on. She's just been like resting. I'm just been trying to think positive and not go mad.
that’s fucked but all things considered could be a whole lot worse. Try your best to stay positive man sounds like things will be ok

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22270 on: May 16, 2020, 12:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
I have a really old friend that I still hang out with regularly but he always acts as if his time is more precious or takes priority. It's always me waiting around to hear when he's available and he expects me to be ready to go right away. I've actually complained about it to him before and he changed things up a bit. But recently we've been working on a project together and I always try to get my part done ASAP but he always takes his sweet time so I'm left having to do all of my stuff at the last minute. Sometimes it really ticks me off but I don't want to ruin a friendship over it. Kind of a shitty situation. Do I bring this up again or just let it go? I have a real problem with situations like this. I hate the feeling of someone thinking or acting like they're the superior in a relationship, even if they're not doing it consciously.
[close]

I’d mention it again. It’s clearly bothering you and it’s unhealthy to keep it bottled up. Probably best to do so in a good-natured, non-confrontational way to avoid as much awkwardness as possible.

Mentioning it the first time seemed to do some good- this time he might be a bit more resistant. That’s where you could explain yourself a bit further while simultaneously letting him know that you value the friendship. Maybe that sounds too Ann Landers, but yeah.

Thanks for the advice. I asked him if he could get his stuff done a little earlier and he said he would try. Hopefully that solves the problem. I want to avoid any kind of dramatic discussion 'cause it will be awkward. But I do feel much better after saying something.

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #22271 on: May 16, 2020, 06:21:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
How did it turn out? Hope everything went well.

Found out the woman who's been doing my hair for 11 years is a huge transphobe. It wouldn't be so bad if she wasnt the only person in town who does dreads and if she wasnt a friend. I either gotta stick to my morals and not support someone spreading misinformation and hate or keep going to her knowing that she sucks as a person

I have some advanced opinions on transphobia but can't voice them without coming across as being derogatory towards women.
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Yu Dum

« Reply #22272 on: May 16, 2020, 11:02:47 AM »
Hulu took The Sopranos off their general viewing so now I have to pay an extra $15 a month if I want to finish it. I didn't even get to finish season one.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22273 on: May 16, 2020, 12:58:33 PM »
Do you have prime? I think all those older HBO shows are included with prime right now. I know "The Wire" is.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #22274 on: May 17, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »
My left foot is done. I can’t stand without my toes bending weird and the ball of my foot hurting. I can’t walk long let alone skateboard. 

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #22275 on: May 17, 2020, 02:42:48 PM »
Hulu took The Sopranos off their general viewing so now I have to pay an extra $15 a month if I want to finish it. I didn't even get to finish season one.
A lot of the older shows are free on HBONOW, pretty sure the sopranos is one of them. You just need to create an account.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22276 on: May 18, 2020, 08:15:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A lot of the older shows are free on HBONOW, pretty sure the sopranos is one of them. You just need to create an account.
I tried last night, but you need a cable provider.
I do have prime tho, so I'm gonna go with that. I know the later seasons get flack, but I just want to finish it.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #22277 on: May 18, 2020, 07:19:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I do have prime tho, so I'm gonna go with that. I know the later seasons get flack, but I just want to finish it.
Oh damn, I just checked, it ended. Sorry about that. I didn’t finish Barry...

Yu Dum

« Reply #22278 on: May 20, 2020, 09:57:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
All good! I was able to start watching again through Prime Video. Highly recommend it if you can get it.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #22279 on: May 21, 2020, 06:59:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
All good! I was able to start watching again through Prime Video. Highly recommend it if you can get it.
I saw them all back in the day, when Netflix sent you discs in the mail. Another good one I did like that was Oz. Check that one out.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 93
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #22280 on: May 21, 2020, 07:44:33 PM »
Today a random kid at the park said I look like Kyle Walker. Time to shave, cut my hair, and maybe hit the weights.

Also posted in this thread twice in one day, not stoked.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:47:55 PM by HateFV »

hmmmokay

« Reply #22281 on: May 21, 2020, 08:26:28 PM »
Today a random kid at the park said I look like Kyle Walker. Time to shave, cut my hair, and maybe hit the weights.

Also posted in this thread twice in one day, not stoked.

I just wanna say your avatar makes me laugh every time I see it. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22282 on: May 22, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that my heavy drinking can be attributed to my career choice. Not saying that it's the direct cause, but it certainly exacerbates my desire to drink.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22283 on: May 22, 2020, 06:12:16 PM »
My aunt Judy Jones is in hospice.

She was like my mother almost. She's the person who taught me to be me.

The horror
(A)pl(E)

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #22284 on: May 23, 2020, 01:50:28 PM »
Damn
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Saint Coke

« Reply #22285 on: May 23, 2020, 03:16:31 PM »
I love you ass flea.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #22286 on: May 23, 2020, 07:44:43 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that my heavy drinking can be attributed to my career choice. Not saying that it's the direct cause, but it certainly exacerbates my desire to drink.

whats your career choice? I work outdoors and i swear summer days when im working hard, i dream of that afternoon beer until i get home

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #22287 on: May 24, 2020, 05:19:39 AM »
  Heavy drinking?   That's shiddy dude.  You've got talent and ur young dude.  Didn't ur house just blow up?  Get ur shit together.  Try some weed edibles to get you thru.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #22288 on: May 24, 2020, 05:38:57 AM »
I’m 31 years old and my last wisdom tooth is growing and about to pierce through my gum.

The whole right side of my jaw fucking hurts.

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #22289 on: May 24, 2020, 07:17:30 AM »
Nyc is still technically on lockdown. My girlfriend and I live with another couple and if I have to hear about the process of sourdough bread any longer I am going to go to the subway and lick the seats.