Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1886317 times)

blurst_of_times

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 807
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22320 on: May 27, 2020, 10:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Saw the Minneapolis vid of the cop murdering that dude in front of a crowd. It's been a couple hours but I still feel weird.
[close]

Holy fuck that is the most horrific straight up lynching of a person I have ever seen. The guy had a smug look on his face while he literally knee choked the guy to death in front of a crowd. That coward needs to be taken care of, seriously.
[close]
Saw that on the news. He was literally telling the cop to give him air. It just shows how some cops think they are above the law. Sad thing is, he'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist.
[close]
It's a horrifying video to watch. WTF is the culture like in the Minneapolis PD that these cops could calmly watch a man beg for air and then pass out and die. After all of the recent scrutiny the department has come under, nothing has changed.
[close]
I've only been there once, I live about 6 hours away.
I live and work in the Twin Cities and it is so fucking disappointing to see this shit go on in a city and state which is known for being supposedly "forward thinking" and progressive, but as has been seen, there's a pretty dark underbelly as well
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #22321 on: May 27, 2020, 10:39:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Saw the Minneapolis vid of the cop murdering that dude in front of a crowd. It's been a couple hours but I still feel weird.
[close]

Holy fuck that is the most horrific straight up lynching of a person I have ever seen. The guy had a smug look on his face while he literally knee choked the guy to death in front of a crowd. That coward needs to be taken care of, seriously.
[close]
Saw that on the news. He was literally telling the cop to give him air. It just shows how some cops think they are above the law. Sad thing is, he'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist.
[close]
It's a horrifying video to watch. WTF is the culture like in the Minneapolis PD that these cops could calmly watch a man beg for air and then pass out and die. After all of the recent scrutiny the department has come under, nothing has changed.
[close]
[close]
I live and work in the Twin Cities and it is so fucking disappointing to see this shit go on in a city and state which is known for being supposedly "forward thinking" and progressive, but as has been seen, there's a pretty dark underbelly as well

How are things directly around you right now? I have been watching a lot of live streams covering the protests tonight and it looks like a warzone out there. Stay safe please.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:26:54 PM by ihatejulio »

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22322 on: May 28, 2020, 05:40:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

How are things directly around you right now? I have been watching a lot of live streams covering the protests tonight and it looks like a warzone out there. Stay safe please.
As of right now, I have not personally seen any protesting or looting where I live and work, but who knows how bad things will get.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #22323 on: May 28, 2020, 05:46:47 AM »
I’m taking my morning shit right now. Just saw the Priya nudes, things are goin fine...and then I flush and hear the sound of NO Flush...I’m gonna have to plunger this shit...
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

animalflesh

« Reply #22324 on: May 28, 2020, 12:11:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Just started financing a new car

Signed the lease to our new place

Got all our new furniture delivered

Got laid of yesterday at 10:30 AM

Gimme some juice y’all I need good vibes to not snap right now
[close]
Damn. Juice sent.

Juice man,

They called me back, requesting me to return to work and gave me $8000 a year raise

Thank you

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22325 on: May 28, 2020, 12:36:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn. Juice sent.
[close]

Juice man,

They called me back, requesting me to return to work and gave me $8000 a year raise

Thank you
That's what I'm talking about. Fuck yes.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #22326 on: May 28, 2020, 01:28:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn. Juice sent.
[close]

Juice man,

Thank you

Literally the best end to that story we could ask for. Congrats!

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22327 on: May 28, 2020, 01:47:03 PM »
George Floyd was killed by MPD, riots have spilled into the city I live in, and my girlfriend's grandma just had her 2nd stroke in 5 days.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #22328 on: May 28, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Damn. Juice sent.
[close]

Juice man,

Thank you
[close]
That's what I'm talking about. Fuck yes.
Yo send that juice this way!

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22329 on: May 28, 2020, 02:10:40 PM »
Here y'all go

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22330 on: May 28, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »
Here y'all go

Lol, I was just telling my girlfriend she needs to see it. Love that movie.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #22331 on: May 28, 2020, 03:09:58 PM »
It’s so fucking hot and humid here in Quebec right now, I can’t do anything without sweating like crazy and feel like I’m dying.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #22332 on: May 28, 2020, 04:04:44 PM »
Why was the noseslide thread locked?
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1396
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22333 on: May 28, 2020, 04:10:38 PM »
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #22334 on: May 28, 2020, 08:22:59 PM »
So recently I was skating a park by a community centre, where there are donation bins for clothes. The clothes are used to fund diabetes research for my city.

I saw some kid ride up on his bike, then dive into the bins. He was throwing clothes out of the bins and stealing some. And I know most people wouldn't have cared, but I don't like seeing that shit. So I yelled at him to stop. He kept going. Then I snapped a few photos of him. He noticed and flipped me off.

I grabbed my stuff and my board and headed to my car because the session was over. As I was walking he started to bike toward me. Started calling me a rat and asking me if I was going to jerk off to the photos. I didn't say anything. But, he didn't try to stop me or grab my phone. When I got home a filed a police report with the photos.

Call me whatever, fine. At this point in my life, I'm not interested in turning the other cheek no matter how uncool it is. I don't really give a fuck if that's "snitch" behaviour. The kid was stealing from a good cause and if that continues then more shit can happen and maybe more of the same kooks will visit the park, which I love to skate. And this kid wasn't in need at all - he had a nice bike and it's really not that hard to get clothes for free these days anyway.

It's just this asinine feeling of being "uncool" that bothers me. But whatever, I should've matured out of feeling guilty for doing the right thing awhile ago.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22335 on: May 28, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
I have to have surgery soon.

They going to scan and go. Lymph nodes and spit glands.

I been smoking since I was in the womb.
I was like wicked late because I knew it was permanent cloud of shit waiting for me. I started buying extra smokes at the store and now I vape. That's less harmful i think. It hurt less than smoking for 30 something

My face is over.  I better use my dick more before that's gone
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Yu Dum

« Reply #22336 on: May 28, 2020, 09:11:04 PM »
Found out a buddy I grew up skating with passed away a few weeks ago due to fentanyl. He was like four years younger than me... Fuck anyone perpetuating opiates. Kill your local Heroin dealer.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #22337 on: May 28, 2020, 09:15:50 PM »
Found out a buddy I grew up skating with passed away a few weeks ago due to fentanyl. He was like four years younger than me... Fuck anyone perpetuating opiates. Kill your local Heroin dealer.

+1- heroin dealers are the scum of the earth. Almost every one of my best friends from ages 12-19 died from opiate related causes. Whether it be an actual OD or nodding off with their face in their pillow.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #22338 on: May 28, 2020, 10:47:22 PM »
So recently I was skating a park by a community centre, where there are donation bins for clothes. The clothes are used to fund diabetes research for my city.

I saw some kid ride up on his bike, then dive into the bins. He was throwing clothes out of the bins and stealing some. And I know most people wouldn't have cared, but I don't like seeing that shit. So I yelled at him to stop. He kept going. Then I snapped a few photos of him. He noticed and flipped me off.

I grabbed my stuff and my board and headed to my car because the session was over. As I was walking he started to bike toward me. Started calling me a rat and asking me if I was going to jerk off to the photos. I didn't say anything. But, he didn't try to stop me or grab my phone. When I got home a filed a police report with the photos.

Call me whatever, fine. At this point in my life, I'm not interested in turning the other cheek no matter how uncool it is. I don't really give a fuck if that's "snitch" behaviour. The kid was stealing from a good cause and if that continues then more shit can happen and maybe more of the same kooks will visit the park, which I love to skate. And this kid wasn't in need at all - he had a nice bike and it's really not that hard to get clothes for free these days anyway.

It's just this asinine feeling of being "uncool" that bothers me. But whatever, I should've matured out of feeling guilty for doing the right thing awhile ago.

Good on you for doing that. Not acceptable behavior.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #22339 on: May 28, 2020, 11:03:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Sorry for the delay in my response i just wanted to give myself time to give you a proper response and to digest what you said.

i went through what you mentioned up until 4 years ago when my last relationship ended. i used to blindly look for acceptance in groups of people pretty much my entire life. it was back in December of 2018 when i lost my job over a really stupid reason so i hit a downward spiral. i started taking mushrooms every day in order to sort out issues with myself and get to the "meat" of each problem or hang up. i can say i have made immense progress and finally know myself more than ever and have become okay with parts of myself i have struggled with. so i feel i am ready to come out of my shell so to speak since my entire life i have been a loner and my only main company has been my father. he is great and i love him a lot but he also would drink and his personality would alter drastically. long story short he had a very tough life and so often after work i would watch him lament in a sort of mystified psychotic state which would progress the more he drank. it left me with all sorts of issues that i am just now confronting and i am at a place in my life where i need a social circle. i am okay with myself but since i am alone it makes me fee like a loser and like why is it so hard to just make one friend to go skate or make music with?

so i have never really ever had social activities to take time off of. i do not mean to sound dismissive at all. i really consider the point of what you are saying and i am the kind of person who will not do something for the wrong reasons. i feel i was that way before but now i just want to make some good memories and connections that i can look back on. i now use that frustration to motivate myself to keep doing the things i love.  i do not expect the world to mold around me, i for sure can say that as i used to act that way it is just that i have a very malignant intrusive voice which isnt audible but is always there to put me down, i already had really bad issues with self esteem and depression since i was a kid but having my father tear into me and preach to me and watching him wish for death left me with a very fucked up internal dialogue that i am trying to undo. it's very hard because positivity is a new concept for me. being alone i have to fight against the thinking, it's a mental battle.

it's very hard to undo a lot of bad programming my upbringing left me with and while i;m willing to admit i do seek acceptance from people, i can now at least say i am doing it with good intention and not because i think the will like me because we are into the same music or movies etc....i need good conversations and good times. i have a clear idea of what it is that drives me but if i am left alone with myself i fear i won't grow.

what you say is of great value to me so thank you, it's always good to self check but i feel i have overdone that my entire life and was so unsure of a person that i never proceeded in any direction and my world view  grew narrow and i had become jaded but through a lot of work i have lifted my view from the ground and have just now begun to see the clouds. i mentally checked out of life when i was about 12 as an act of subconscious self preservation and through mindfulness and psychedelics i have just become aware of that. i thought my depressive doubfutful internal dialogue was just how i was and so i let it run the show.

thanks again man, though it's abstract i get what you mean. i can understand abstract concepts more easily than linear concepts
[close]

I appreciate your bravery of sharing more about your person on here - that's not always easy to do.

I think in general, successfully breaking away from the influence of your environment growing up all the while retaining some basic lessons from the experience that you yourself want to apply as to not repeat mistakes you've witnessed or endured is quite an early challenge in life that sort of defines the turning of a person into the ideal of an adult - except of course practically, the situation is never ideal nor all either black or white, like I was saying individuals all have their history and struggles and that's including parents and relatives. There's this (literally) childlike way of keeping idolizing a select few persons in life at the cost of never really expanding past their scope (to varying degrees), and then there's stepping back (if not running away, for better efficiency) from the small picture, to realize that because you grew up around those people as default references and feeling certain ways doesn't make them especially reliable focal points and maybe you’re just attached to familiarity (which is natural).

Everyone lives in a bubble that they sometimes work on expanding in order to get closer to a more coherent comprehension of existence (including interpersonal relationships) or sometimes don't, and thus everyone falls somewhere of their own on the spectrum of cognitive progression and environmental adaptation, resulting in their life 'choices' and condition at a given time. That's everybody all the time including when it comes to substance use, be it your dad drinking, you taking mushrooms or me smoking weed all day, in the end we're only talking individual human beings trying to cope with digesting a world that's impossible to fully comprehend unless one essentially becomes selfless by giving up on the credibility of their first person point of view as an effort to try keeping seeing new perspectives. You didn't have the tools to understand what was happening to your father figure as a younger version of yourself but what you've earned from the subsequent struggles are clues to help you put yourself in his shoes and resolve that trauma, but it sounds like you've already done so to quite an extent. Your current ability to look back on the situation and analyze it is a strength you've earned from your battle, not a scar.

That is to say, everyone you'll meet is also in the process of undoing their own bad programming to varying degrees of advancement and success, so you shouldn't feel like you're an exception. Particularly troubled childhoods can be an especially tough battle, but in reality someone with one on the more normal side of the spectrum (due to odds) would develop a different type of identity crisis too and despite aspiring to some kind of artificial harmony, society is just the sum of all the individuals' personalities clashing (which is sometimes easy - and made easy - to forget).

I think the key is to realize that your condition doesn't have to define yourself. Roots only exist for you to grow somewhere else, not for you to remain there staring them down. The pain from every new battle you overcome is really just you evolving (maybe more brutally than some people with a flatter curve of experiences). In general, the worst one can do is pity their own condition as by definition that's time spent not retouching it.

Now I can empathize with your struggle when it comes to finding ways of growing without sincere interaction with other people, one indeed needs hits and misses with 'mirror images' to get a grasp of their own boundaries like I was saying, but I think unless you live in a big city where you're bound to regularly catch a few meaningful connections out of one more gazillion of sterile ones I think such occasions are just rare. Which in turn gives them all their preciousness, and significance when eventually the relationship is over but at least you now have access to a new frequency of personal wisdom. I find that if you take the hits as something that makes you grow as opposed to just pain signals then they stop hurting - maybe it’s just the way I've found to cope, but I really don't feel half bad about it.

Somehow I'm getting the idea that leaving to somewhere completely foreign would do you good - sometimes one has to physically move away from their position just like they have to mentally. If you live in a small town or suburbs, it's definitely easy to feel isolated but you’re also running in circles. You sound like you have very little holding you back wherever you are geographically right now, maybe you should consider using that as a reason to live more as opposed to an inspiration to live less. Whatever it is that you'd ideally like to do yourself in life, I’m sure there are plenty of people less intelligent than you who're already doing it, so in reality whatever holds you back is in your head and the more you'll realize that, the more you'll naturally tame those voices because you'll just know where you stand better than them.

just wanted to say thank you man. im really glad you understood what i mean even though i may have not expressed it in the most clear way. i do live in a really small town in north cali and growing up i was picked on by nearly everyone for being different. i really dont know where else id go. i love skating, music and art to death so somewhere around the bay? i lived in sacramento once, it was cool but crowded. i like grass valley a lot but its expensive. i have lived in a small converted garage for the past 8 years. i rent and dont have help from anyone aside from my father who helps me with the phone and car insurance. this is the most stability i have known in my life. i never have lived more than a few years in one spot so i never got to make a lot of good connections or form relationships. i have been thinking about moving somewhere else  but i have to get my shit more in order. i only have a dog and a 12 year old cat to take care of so it wouldn't be hard.

the thing you said about taking hits is very true. it is this reason among many that skating is very important for me. i best understand things through metaphors and i always learn best by looking at life through skateboarding. i view life through grosso colored lenses.

not giving into the doubt is something i never learned nor would i ever push back so to speak. so now im doing that and giving myself the encouragement and positivity i didn't receive as a child. learning how to be my own parent to control the child inside LOL

again, thank you. i very much appreciate the amount of thought and time you put into this. it helped me feel better. a hang up of mine is not being able to open up to folks because im scared of being embarrassed, saying something stupid, being mocked, and just overly self-conscious in general. i find just opening up to strangers is better because yall don't know me personally and therefor i couldn't begin to imagine or assume what you think of me. if i open up too much to family or friends i get weird looks or they take it personally or even if they seem okay i then worry about what they may now think of me. 

even the steven

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #22340 on: May 29, 2020, 10:01:17 AM »
^ It's my pleasure if I could help, I'm just as flawed as the next guy though so keep in mind I'm also part projecting and talking bullshit reflecting my own experience in every post (like we all do). I'm dropping clues I've found that worked for me, if they can inspire you to look up (or at least around, which might be the most realistic happy medium to avoid going through life as constant emotional abuse) instead of down then I'm just doing my part. Actually, ideally you should get to the stage where those ideas no longer represent anything foreign to you anymore because they would just be common sense and thus my walls of text would just look like the dumb shit they are.

Sometimes it's not your person but your position that's the fundamental problem if human relationships become a source of frustration, regardless of how wealthy or developed, someone's region will always only represent just a tiny dot on the planet with a limit on the opportunities that come with it and that's including interactions in general. Not knowing where you'd go isn't trouble, it's a chance, a lot of people have exact ideas on what they'd ideally like to do with their life yet most of them can't due to being attached to some social context, in a way you totally have the luxury not to be and the freedom to explore a large number of perspectives. And resigning is wrong when you aren't even really aware of the mission yet - think walking out of a restaurant without having looked at the menu, or declaring that the Nintendo 64 was a shit console under every possible aspect because you didn't like the controller the first couple times you tried it. Heck you're lucky enough to be alive and functional in the first place, I don't think you should throw that to waste.

I do think there's such a thing as oversaturation of a certain environment, if the experiences don't come to you you should try and come to them because in different places with different cultures, different stuff goes down including discussions and styles in communication. Also, the people you'll meet won't care about all the drama in your past (as opposed to small town people who I've observed love feasting on carcasses), which you can take as an opportunity to start anew (all the while remaining your natural self, and confident in your natural self). It's all out there, just maybe not making it all the way into your little town hence the idea to expand your focus. I remember being a rather secluded kid growing up in a small town too, and it took growing out of that phase by traveling as much as possible (first around my country, then beyond) as soon as my late teens to understand that part of my feelings of alienation back home really had to do with compatibility with the local culture, affecting most every little thing, but there were other places where I belonged. You were saying skating was really doing it for you these days, maybe you should make optimal use of it as a social tool to take even just day trips to new cities (just take whatever train, what do I know) or nearby states, spontaneously meet people at skate spots and not just parks and see what develops out of who you'll meet skating and hanging out there. Next thing you know, you might find a scene that really clicks with you and even start packing to move there - that's the type of shit kickflips are really worth doing for, not IG clips. Now I'm aware getting around like that isn't always cheap or easy, but it's just a habit of mine to live a frugal lifestyle in order to be able to focus on priorities, so if you really want something (especially given what I know of your current dispositions), you can just do it (instead of keeping it forever phantasmal).

At least that's what I did but 'in my days' skateboarding was different and more recognized as such a social tool, nowadays most people who do it stick to skateparks and will just poke and stare at their spinning wheel even when the time comes to have a conversation and they realize they forgot to keep their ear buds in, so I honestly don't know about how reliable that lifestyle is in the grand scheme of things anymore but anyway skating is just being the tool here and not the construction, one could replace it with a different activity and get the same eventual result.

tl;dr I'm getting the feeling that you're making the frustration you feel out of your familiar environment something personal and absolute. Don't go through life thinking something has to be wrong with your eyes because you can't see, when the fault is (at least partly) on natural blinkers you never thought of removing.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:07:13 AM by silhouette »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #22341 on: May 29, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
Limited to only wearing Birkenstock’s as they are the only footwear that doesn’t hurt the bottom of my feet and keeps my toes from laying flat on the ground. Still can’t skateboard but now I look like a shoebee.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1396
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22342 on: May 29, 2020, 02:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

+1- heroin dealers are the scum of the earth. Almost every one of my best friends from ages 12-19 died from opiate related causes. Whether it be an actual OD or nodding off with their face in their pillow.

Let yourself grieve. All of my old skate homies are gone for similar reasons and I didn't start letting myself grieve for years. Instead, I felt guilt because I survived and got out. It's horrific to continually watch people you care for die, again and again. Do you, amigo.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #22343 on: May 31, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »
They're looting and shooting at a shopping center 3 blocks away from my home, I can hear it all in the distance and then I get confirmation on the police scanner as well.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22344 on: May 31, 2020, 04:48:04 PM »
I hit my head skating today.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22345 on: May 31, 2020, 05:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
So in my little town, people are trying to cause riots here. Thing is. Police in my town are almost non existent. Barely any crime. So what's the point of rioting against the police here?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22346 on: June 01, 2020, 01:15:20 AM »
Not stoked on all the shit going down. I don’t like violence. It makes me really sad to see people willing to destroy their own towns and looting and shit. Really makes me sad and glad I don’t live in a big city. There’s no winners in any of this and in the end nothing will be accomplished. I’m ashamed of anyone who contributes to this shit. Whether your some cop who abuses your power or a skater stealing shit from hard working people in already hard times. Fuck anyone who decides to do morally wrong things because they have an opportunity to get away with it. I’m not religious. My meaning of life is to be a good person, make good decisions and to treat people as individuals and not a group. Treat each person on their personal merit and not on what you think they are. If you’re a cop or a protester Or anyone else and you choose to cross those lines to the extreme then you don’t deserve shit.   

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #22347 on: June 01, 2020, 05:12:40 AM »
Not stoked on all the shit going down. I don’t like violence. It makes me really sad to see people willing to destroy their own towns and looting and shit. Really makes me sad and glad I don’t live in a big city. There’s no winners in any of this and in the end nothing will be accomplished. I’m ashamed of anyone who contributes to this shit. Whether your some cop who abuses your power or a skater stealing shit from hard working people in already hard times. Fuck anyone who decides to do morally wrong things because they have an opportunity to get away with it. I’m not religious. My meaning of life is to be a good person, make good decisions and to treat people as individuals and not a group. Treat each person on their personal merit and not on what you think they are. If you’re a cop or a protester Or anyone else and you choose to cross those lines to the extreme then you don’t deserve shit.

Pretty much the same. This is a good common sense way to go about things. Wish more people had logical thoughts and not just reactionary knee jerk responses.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #22348 on: June 01, 2020, 06:06:27 AM »
I realize this is total 'first world problems' and is completely irrelevant and minor compared to to what's going on in the country right now, but I'm just posting this to see if anybody else has had a similar situation.

A few weeks ago my Apple ID was hacked.  A purchase was made for some $90 apple program (and they used a credit card that wasn't mine), but I contacted Apple and they took care of it.  A few days later, my account was disabled.  I contacted Apple and apparently because my account was hacked, they permanently disabled my account.  I've talked to numerous people who say they're gonna help, only to get an email saying there's nothing they can do and links to the 'terms of service'.  So basically everything I've ever purchased I will lose, which is probably thousands of dollars in music and movies over the years.

It blows my mind that is how Apple handles the situation and I'm not quite sure what to do.  Has anybody here had something like this happen to them?

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #22349 on: June 01, 2020, 06:23:09 AM »
I've never fucked with Apple anything but that doesn't surprise me

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w