Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1882690 times)

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22650 on: September 27, 2020, 05:34:14 PM »
Just learned that my wife's family cabin in Trinity County was vaporized by the recent jumbo sized fire complex that ate up a bunch of northern California. Never got to take the two littles to "camp" up there.
That is all.

The Trinities are damn pretty a couple years after a burn.
You may have to car camp it instead of a cabin but it’s well worth watching the recovery and resilience of that area over time.
Sorry about the loss none the less.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #22651 on: September 27, 2020, 06:19:54 PM »
Bad night sleep screwing with my plans.

One of my cats woke me up in the middle of the night and I lost a few hours in the process.

I guess I'll try to skate tomorrow.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22652 on: September 27, 2020, 06:48:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In february i ate it bombing this hill and fucked up my palms. Now any time i barely even put my hand down that whole chunk of skin just falls off like paper mache.

earlier this week this crack i roll over every day no issues just exploded into a hole and pitched me so hard i scraped both my palms pretty bad again.

finally healed a bit and got too cocky and i was fucking around with my friends' ripstik and tried to manual it and slipped out so back to square 1 :/

fuck road rash these things take forever to heal to 100%, don't really stop you from skating, but for like the next month if u put ur hands down at all ur scabs/young skin just get ripped off and u have to start all over from square 1, showering sucks, doing the dishes sucks, etc. I need new hobbies man its like either i skate or just waste time watching tv and think about skating, i need to just stay off and let it heal for real.
[close]

Wear some mickey mouse white gloves, go back out and skate.
[close]

or do the golf glove like mj.
[close]

Man, I’ve always wanted, like seriously all of his jackets as a kid. Pretty sure I’m close to the same size and weight as he was too. God damn it. I wanna be all sparkly and shit.

Unless you meant Michael Jordan. Basically the same shit. Always wanted most of his shoes as a kid. Ain’t anywhere near his size though.

haha, i actually meant marc johnson in yeah right, between the songs, but i think that was actually either a biking glove or a fetish leather glove. but yeah, these mjs all check out.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #22653 on: September 29, 2020, 05:34:07 AM »
A storm busted a big branch off my pot plant.

Get well soon, Beulah.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #22654 on: September 29, 2020, 08:23:35 AM »
Re-doing my whole front yard, it has rained one time in the last 6 weeks.
So , not stoked on my water bill

Yet, stoked on my new grass.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #22655 on: September 29, 2020, 12:23:49 PM »
Daylight savings im not stoked on.

2020 im not stoked on.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #22656 on: September 29, 2020, 01:17:57 PM »
I spent the better part of the last month and a half recovering from a concussion. I was finally feeling pretty good and had ordered some new sneaks and set up a new deck Friday only to slip and fall down the steps spraining my ankle while visiting my folks this past weekend. It's not the worst sprain I've ever had but I'm sure as shit not skating any time soon.

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #22657 on: September 29, 2020, 03:50:06 PM »
End of the month financial stress. Even though I know everything will be ok I still stress out over it. I’d be feeling a little better if PayPal would lift the hold on money I have in my account which is $400+ dollars.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #22658 on: September 29, 2020, 08:49:34 PM »
That debate.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22659 on: September 30, 2020, 04:42:53 AM »
I spent the better part of the last month and a half recovering from a concussion. I was finally feeling pretty good and had ordered some new sneaks and set up a new deck Friday only to slip and fall down the steps spraining my ankle while visiting my folks this past weekend. It's not the worst sprain I've ever had but I'm sure as shit not skating any time soon.

damn, hope you heal up quick

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #22660 on: October 01, 2020, 01:37:48 AM »
was supposed to go hang with this chick yesterday and started playing video games and then passed out and woke up to like 5 texts- the last of which just said "that's too bad, I want you to fuck my brains out"

hit her up and she was asleep.

Fuck my life.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22661 on: October 02, 2020, 12:47:18 AM »
just ruined skating for the rest of week. had this tension belt lying on my desk and managed to make the heavy ass metal buckle fall on my naked toe. nice. after dealing with corns at the worst spots for the last weeks this really hits the spot in terms of unnecessary bullshit that will hurt an unreasonable amount.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #22662 on: October 02, 2020, 11:48:55 AM »
went on a date with a girl, went well, says she wants to meet again

fast forward one week, weekend is about, i ask if she want to go out again and she says she's too busy, but she will see later

1 more week, same thing... then i ask if she wants to meet and she says she's too busy for a relationship right now

this is like the 3rd time this has happened. I haven't been in a relationship for like 2 years, why does this happen? I've like been in relationships before like I can tell when its going good/not and seriously the first dates are always good, over text is pretty good, but why so flakey on the 2nd date i don't understand.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #22663 on: October 02, 2020, 12:59:45 PM »
I like spicy food but don’t eat it often. That being said, I way overdid it with the spicy Indian food last night. Had trouble sleeping because my stomach felt like I ate molten lead and my poor anus is paying for it today.

But goddamn that vindaloo was good.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 108
« Reply #22664 on: October 02, 2020, 01:39:28 PM »
the dudes who can skate but show up to the park and sit for 99% of the time they are there drinking beer and smoking weed. I do both those things too and I get it you want to hang out and its covid youre not going inside anywhere but stop sitting on ledges and acting like a beacon for sketchballs and homeless people who want your weed and beer.

like the park im thinking of has a bunch of benches and hangout spots surrounding it, but you gotta sit on the ledge and when you do skate its flatgound in front of the highest traffic area. 0 stoke

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #22665 on: October 03, 2020, 06:29:49 AM »
Mount Druitt pub life. It’s a love/hate thing.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22666 on: October 03, 2020, 03:11:58 PM »
Dumb ass annoying teens at the park that snake, don't pay attention, and have zero board control.

Kid slammed into my shin and then slammed into some little kid. It was tempting to kill him.

First day at the park since breaking my hand.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22667 on: October 03, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
^ damn, boieeeee. annoying, but hopefully it will just heal up fine. i can totally relate to the kid hate and how vexing it is when they don't look out.

had a 2 hour session at the park today and we had the scooter plague. the dumbass kids were actually throwing their scooters around like crazy. i was hoping they'd break them. this little grom threw his one from the back of the quarter over it into the transition when my buddy was approaching, missing his head by a bit.

so i can see how you'd want to kill that kid haha.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22668 on: October 03, 2020, 08:37:08 PM »
^ damn, boieeeee. annoying, but hopefully it will just heal up fine. i can totally relate to the kid hate and how vexing it is when they don't look out.

had a 2 hour session at the park today and we had the scooter plague. the dumbass kids were actually throwing their scooters around like crazy. i was hoping they'd break them. this little grom threw his one from the back of the quarter over it into the transition when my buddy was approaching, missing his head by a bit.

so i can see how you'd want to kill that kid haha.
Thanks.

Just 1 stitch, so not too bad, but a waste of three hours sitting at the ER for such a minor thing.

Yea, I knew going during the day on the weekend was a bad idea, but I just wanted to take it easy so I thought I could sort of handle dealing with the little ones. I taught some kid how to drop in a couple sessions ago and that was fun so i was down for a really mellow day.

What makes me angry is this kid was in high school so he was old enough to know better. He had the self awareness of an elementary school kid coupled with the arrogance of a kid who thinks he should be sponsored, which is a dangerous mix when he looked the wacky waving inflatable arm guy just trying kick turn on a sort of steep bank and trying to do a regular manual on a tiny curb high ledge.

Where the fuck was that kid's parent when he was throwing his scooter into the quarter pipe?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 10:17:55 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #22669 on: October 04, 2020, 01:12:26 PM »
life in general

not the mxpx album that album slaps

just life

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22670 on: October 04, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »
Where the fuck was that kid's parent when he was throwing his scooter into the quarter pipe?

these kids(thankfully) don't always come with parents. tbh i'd rather have the parents not be there so i can do my "piss off from the coping/box you little rat" routine to scare them away. the parents usually don't do shit about that stuff. whatever their shitty kids do is holy to them. they usually hang on the opposite end of the park complex(there is basketball court, a little caged in soccer court, a graffiti wall, an actual playground for little kids) unless they smell marijuana, then they come to the park to hawk over their kids.

it's kind of traditional in germany to build skateparks in close proximity to playgrounds, it's the same thing for many people anyway. so in addition to the scooter kids you will always have parents roaming about on foot with their kids and little infants that recently pissed their diapers slide down banks and quarters and stuff. and usually skateparks have a minimum age of 6 years or so to enter, but of course most parents don't give a fuck. i often end up ranting to the parents that i am an adult that has to work a lot, i'm fine with putting up with kids of skatepark age so to speak, but i dislike dealing with toddler invasion on my 2 hr weekend evening sesh. point out the rules as stated on the skatepark's entrance sign and usually they will make you feel like you're some sort of anti-child activist.

there's also this skatedad that's trying to force his son to drop in, even though the little dude is clearly not ready yet. skatedad himself comes in full pad armor, but never skates himself. instead of letting his little one skate around and learn naturally, he is all about seeing him drop. so the kid spends most sessions blocking the coping of a quarter, having a mild panic attack and getting peptalked by dad to drop in. always on the fence about approaching the dude since its not my kid, neither want to tell him how to bring up his son nor do i want to make daddy look bad in front of the son. but it sucks and the dude is a douchebag.

life in general

not the mxpx album that album slaps

just life

aw man... <3

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22671 on: October 05, 2020, 09:33:08 AM »

fast forward one week, weekend is about, i ask if she want to go out again and she says she's too busy, but she will see later

1 more week, same thing... then i ask if she wants to meet and she says she's too busy for a relationship right now

this is like the 3rd time this has happened. I haven't been in a relationship for like 2 years, why does this happen? I've like been in relationships before like I can tell when its going good/not and seriously the first dates are always good, over text is pretty good, but why so flakey on the 2nd date i don't understand.

How long did you take to call them?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 108
« Reply #22672 on: October 05, 2020, 12:49:57 PM »
My uncle who im very close with just got moved into palliative care. They caught his cancer late and now its spreading into different parts of his body. I had one chance to see him since his original diagnosis but Im in a Covid hotspot so we just figured it would be safe for me to not go and we were still hopeful for a recovery. Now that hes just counting the days fuck it right. Just hope when I get there im not too late.

Fuck cancer and fuck covid. at least when im skating life feels ok. Tell your loved ones you love em bros, dont skip on visits because youd rather procrastinate work or do whatever. Like grosso said today is the only guarantee

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #22673 on: October 06, 2020, 09:50:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

texting pretty much daily between 1 and her bailing on 2

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #22674 on: October 06, 2020, 10:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You gotta meet 'em in the wild bro! dating apps are for the birds(and/or skeezers)!

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #22675 on: October 06, 2020, 11:58:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

You gotta meet 'em in the wild bro! dating apps are for the birds(and/or skeezers)!
The future is now. I thought dating apps would suck ass but if you actually want a connection it worked gangbusters for me.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #22676 on: October 06, 2020, 01:19:27 PM »
Eddie died.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #22677 on: October 06, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »
I just broke my leg. Nothing serious fortunatelly, but cast sucks.

Hombreezy

« Reply #22678 on: October 06, 2020, 02:58:56 PM »
Had a feeling I’d need new bearings 2 months ago so I bought some. I ended up only needing to clean them and they held up ok until the last few sessions. Now I can’t find the bearings I bought two months ago.
Also ordered some es quattros but they won’t be here for over another week. My current tyshawns have finally started to completely fall apart to the point where duct tape and shoe goo don’t fix it for long and it’s really affecting my skating now. I’ll probably get shit for this but I actually found nyjahs first shoe really clean, in a running/gym shoe sort of way. So I bought them forever ago and wear them to the gym but they’re also my desperate backup skate shoes. I hate skating in them though, Nike’s feel awkward on my feet for some reason. Not looking forward to skating nyjahs shoe for the next week

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22679 on: October 06, 2020, 03:09:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Oh. Yeah idk. Keep at it 🤠
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)