Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1627644 times)

Banned from the room

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
    • Aural Buthcheryers
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22740 on: October 12, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »
I got my absentee ballot.

I feel like a frickin sell out. I know that ticking these boxes is completely frickin pointless.

By ticking these boxes I hope to quiet the ignorant people I love. They were very upset when I said Nah I will not..

Now I got to spend the day reading up on these liars.

I do not believe in the system. There's nothing anyone can say or do to change my mind
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Freelancevagrant

• Rep: 38
« Reply #22741 on: October 13, 2020, 04:29:35 AM »
I got my absentee ballot.

I feel like a frickin sell out. I know that ticking these boxes is completely frickin pointless.

By ticking these boxes I hope to quiet the ignorant people I love. They were very upset when I said Nah I will not..

Now I got to spend the day reading up on these liars.

I do not believe in the system. There's nothing anyone can say or do to change my mind
If voting changed anything it would be illegal.

That being said, I just requested mine and Iím really bummed.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
« Reply #22742 on: October 15, 2020, 03:29:10 AM »
I just got fired. I was expecting it, since I work in the event industry, and all the companies are struggling due to Covid, but still, this sucks and my savings are almost depleted since the pandemic hit.

Concerned_Skater

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #22743 on: October 15, 2020, 09:30:14 AM »
I started playing bass and guitar this year, so I could have a hobby outside of skateboarding. Now I'm showing symptoms of carpal tunnel and tendonitis.

Now neither hobby is enjoyable without the hassle of constantly worrying about injuries.

Seventyfrigginseven

• Rep: 131
« Reply #22744 on: October 17, 2020, 04:37:32 AM »

Im not stoked on snow, and its snowing right now. Fuck me, it's gonna be a long winter.  >:(

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -197
« Reply #22745 on: October 17, 2020, 06:06:13 AM »
Something happened to my back yesterday. It hasnít hurt this bad in like two years. I had just clocked in at work and got in a car and when I stepped out of the car, my back just got severe pain and I ended up leaving work two hours later.
My back used to frequently get hurt in the lower area but this is the mid back. It is hurting so fucking bad Iím gonna have to go to the Er today.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:44:16 AM by johnes »
Iím a fat Siamese cat.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #22746 on: October 17, 2020, 07:41:31 AM »
^

get it checked for sure! you don't want to run around with a disc prolapse.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #22747 on: October 17, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »
Going to work on a few hours of sleep after drinking all night with my friends.
Itís my last shift before my weekend, so you already know itís going to be the longest shift ever.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #22748 on: October 17, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »
I started playing bass and guitar this year, so I could have a hobby outside of skateboarding. Now I'm showing symptoms of carpal tunnel and tendonitis.

Now neither hobby is enjoyable without the hassle of constantly worrying about injuries.

I was just mentioning something similar on the previous page, joints are still a little painful but overall feeling a lot better now that I've been switching up technique and loosening up my grip a little more. Also breaking down practice in several smaller sessions seems to help.

Sila

• Rep: 33
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #22749 on: October 17, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was just mentioning something similar on the previous page, joints are still a little painful but overall feeling a lot better now that I've been switching up technique and loosening up my grip a little more. Also breaking down practice in several smaller sessions seems to help.

Proper form is important.
I started young but my hands used to cramp and lock up before I started paying attention to technique.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22750 on: October 19, 2020, 05:23:29 AM »
Had a seizure in bed last night.  I'm epileptic and medicated. 

I woke up during it and felt like I was paralyzed.  At least I was somewhere safe.  People say the worst places to have one are driving or in a bathroom or kitchen.  Driving- duh.  The other two b/c anywhere you fall there is something hard to hit your head on.  I even peed myself a little (That's common).

Today, I just feel so out of it and am scared to take a shower (b/c of fall risk).  My body also really sore, like I just a tough day skating.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #22751 on: October 19, 2020, 05:33:56 AM »

I woke up during it and felt like I was paralyzed.  At least I was somewhere safe.  People say the worst places to have one are driving or in a bathroom or kitchen.  Driving- duh.  The other two b/c anywhere you fall there is something hard to hit your head on.  I even peed myself a little (That's common).

Today, I just feel so out of it and am scared to take a shower (b/c of fall risk).  My body also really sore, like I just a tough day skating.

terryfying man, hope you stay seizure free for as long as possible.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 901
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #22752 on: October 19, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really hope you never get another seizure.

My hedge clippers caught me in my left hand. Just a couple one inch cuts that could have been worse. Typical Monday shit.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

Banned from the room

• SLAP Pal
    • Aural Buthcheryers
« Reply #22753 on: October 19, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »

I play bass too. I started in 91 I think.

It could be the new muscle development.

Is there numbness or shooting pains or is it like a centralized pain like a shinner?

I would maybe try a different bass too.
It could be the neck shape. The finish on the neck even.

What have you got for a bass?

I think wine crab plays bass too. Bass is the best instrument to learn on I think.

If it is muscle pain you can down tune so you have looser strings that will make it easier to push down between frets.

I'm trying to be self taught at piano now. That's pain. More pain than relearning drums.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22754 on: Today at 07:08:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I really hope you never get another seizure.

My hedge clippers caught me in my left hand. Just a couple one inch cuts that could have been worse. Typical Monday shit.

Did you need stiches? 

As for seizures, I've had them since I was about five.  My dad and grandfather both have/had the epilepsy.  All you can do is take meds, eat right, get enough sleep, etc.  They come in waves.  Sometimes I'll go a year w/o one, then get two-three in a month.