Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885083 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22890 on: December 15, 2020, 09:35:00 AM »
Holiday shopping

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #22891 on: December 15, 2020, 09:53:20 AM »
 Completely bombed my last final. Only need 50/150 points to pass the class but I got bent over hard. Hopefully I just barely made it... fuck corporate tax.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #22892 on: December 15, 2020, 10:00:35 AM »
My older girl dog has a skin infection that is bugging her eye, mouth and vulva all at the same time. We both look at each other awkwardly when I have to put the cream down yonder. Had to put the cone on her, which she hates. She's laying around like a limp bizkit and super depressed. Been letting her sleep in the bed but getting bonked by the cone in my sleep is weird also. This is round 2 of antibiotics. First time seemed to work but it came back within a week. Also not stoked that my usual vet (awesome lady) was not in and had to see some other vet that seemed more concerned with my dog's rabies shots not being up to date than current situation. She also seemed like she doesn't even like animals at all. Anyway, only day 2 of the second dose. Hope it works.

kimura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #22893 on: December 15, 2020, 03:19:25 PM »
Heartburn from eating to many tacos

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #22894 on: December 15, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That game rules. The music is really good too
[close]

I've been watching youtube playthroughs for the klast week, the story sounds quite sad as well.
I was super keen.
[close]
Its a lot of running around on horseback until the action but the giantslaying is gnarly. If i still had my homies copy i woulda just mailed it for free. Get bully by rockstar if you can find a copy its seriously one of the best games ever way better than any of the gtas for ps2 imo and its super underrated
[close]

I actually got a copy on the Wii a few weeks ago but need to hook up the Wii.
It always intrigued me and I never got around to getting it originally.
Nice. Its set in new england. Welcome to the academy homie

nesta.

• Rep: 5
« Reply #22895 on: December 16, 2020, 08:03:17 PM »
I’ve really dropped the ball this semester and it’s compounded to the extent that I feel as though I’ve committed career suicide and I don’t know how to proceed.

I’m in an English graduate program earning a secondary teaching certification along the way. This is my last semester of coursework in the school of  education before doing full-time student teaching next semester (at least that’s how it’s supposed to go...). I entered this semester carrying a 4.0 in my Master’s program, and was a diligent student throughout undergrad, but I’m on the verge of failing all my classes this semester for no good reason. I can blame COVID for restricting my access to work spaces away from home, but otherwise the pandemic hasn’t had too much of an effect on my mental health or ability to be productive in other areas of my life. I’ve just been incredibly lazy and unable to motivate myself to do any work aside from lesson preparation for my part-time student teaching placement, which is the one thing that’s going well. However, for my full-time placement to be finalized next semester, I need to have all my coursework completed with a B or better, and there’s just no way I’m going to be able to catch up in 3 out my 4 classes. My co-op teacher, who I get along with quite well, is counting on me to cover the two of her classes I’ve been teaching over the past couple months, and I’m set to take on 2 more with another teacher. This is at an IB school, in the setting I’ve always wanted to teach in, and I fear I’m going to be a massive disappointment due to failing classes and being ineligible to take on the placement. I’ve met with all my professors throughout the course of the semester to establish catch-up plans that I didn’t stick to and I’m just ignoring tasks due to the overwhelming hole I’ve dug myself in. All I want to do is veg out on the couch and sleep throughout the day and I just don’t know what to do. Just venting here, I guess.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22896 on: December 16, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »
I’ve really dropped the ball this semester and it’s compounded to the extent that I feel as though I’ve committed career suicide and I don’t know how to proceed.

I’m in an English graduate program earning a secondary teaching certification along the way. This is my last semester of coursework in the school of  education before doing full-time student teaching next semester (at least that’s how it’s supposed to go...). I entered this semester carrying a 4.0 in my Master’s program, and was a diligent student throughout undergrad, but I’m on the verge of failing all my classes this semester for no good reason. I can blame COVID for restricting my access to work spaces away from home, but otherwise the pandemic hasn’t had too much of an effect on my mental health or ability to be productive in other areas of my life. I’ve just been incredibly lazy and unable to motivate myself to do any work aside from lesson preparation for my part-time student teaching placement, which is the one thing that’s going well. However, for my full-time placement to be finalized next semester, I need to have all my coursework completed with a B or better, and there’s just no way I’m going to be able to catch up in 3 out my 4 classes. My co-op teacher, who I get along with quite well, is counting on me to cover the two of her classes I’ve been teaching over the past couple months, and I’m set to take on 2 more with another teacher. This is at an IB school, in the setting I’ve always wanted to teach in, and I fear I’m going to be a massive disappointment due to failing classes and being ineligible to take on the placement. I’ve met with all my professors throughout the course of the semester to establish catch-up plans that I didn’t stick to and I’m just ignoring tasks due to the overwhelming hole I’ve dug myself in. All I want to do is veg out on the couch and sleep throughout the day and I just don’t know what to do. Just venting here, I guess.

yo homie, that sounds rough. be gentle with yourself because it sounds to me like the pandemic is having an effect on you- otherwise you wouldn't have gone from 4.0 to where you are right now, feel me? Nobody is doing things in a "normal" way. I'm not even going to get into why I'm not in my 2nd year of grad school right now, but times are strange- especially in a school setting. I don't know what an IB school is but I have worked in various schools at points over the past 15 years and from what the people I talk to who still work in them say, things are fucking hard. I'm truly sorry you're in a grad program right now, but give yourself a break and make up what you need to make up when it's possible. You got this.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22897 on: December 17, 2020, 06:14:45 AM »
I woke up barely being able to walk to the bathroom and felt like falling over from hip/back pain while I stood there peeing. Skated late last night and had a few seemingly innocuous falls that didn't hurt when they happened. I guess I did something wrong. Today is going to be fun.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #22898 on: December 17, 2020, 06:33:26 AM »
I woke up barely being able to walk to the bathroom and felt like falling over from hip/back pain while I stood there peeing. Skated late last night and had a few seemingly innocuous falls that didn't hurt when they happened. I guess I did something wrong. Today is going to be fun.
Homie lay down and do a all motion slow strech rn. Then hot shower then icyhot

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #22899 on: December 17, 2020, 08:29:30 PM »
Holiday shopping

shit stresses me out, i feel like every year in november i think about doing my shopping just so i dont have to deal with it in the crazy season and before i know it, its a week from christmas and im last minute stressing

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #22900 on: December 20, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »
Covid boredom and stress has gotten me feeling antsy, so I decided to refurbish my drum set.  Its an old Ludwig from the 70s, and the wrap is pretty bad, so I'm ordering new wrap and trying to remove the old wrap.  The preferred method is to heat the wrap with a heat gun while prying up on the edges with a putty knife. 

Seemed to work well enough, but what i didn't know at the time is that the material that the old wraps and glue are made of are highly flammable.  I started seeing a little smoke and by the time i figured out what was going on the whole thing is up in flames.  Im also doing this indoors like a moron.  I grabbed the drum and ran to throw it outside.  burned the shit out of my hand and arm and singed my hair and eyebrows.  saw my life flash before my eyes.

i think (hope) i escaped any real injury.  no blistering yet, skin slightly pink, and doesnt really hurt.  i think the drum might be salvageable.  looks like the glue and wrap just burned off.  I'm hoping it didnt really get to the wood, so I'm going to try to clean it up and hope for the best.  Its a kind of rare 26 inch bass drum and it would really suck to lose.  Silver lining is the drum already had other issues and i scored a 24 inch on ebay for cheap earlier today. 

anyway, almost burned my house down being an idiot and it was very not chill
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #22901 on: December 21, 2020, 07:38:54 AM »
I got a new job as a portapottie service technician, and I love it. It’s a good job that I get to use my cdl and got me my tanker endorsement, which is more money in the bank, but the downside is I’m cleaning out blown up portapotties all day. It’s not that bad but my first day in the field I got shit all over me. I hosed it all off and it wasn’t that big of a deal, so I go home and shower again and decide to skate my new parking block. It’s been prepped and I’m thinking it’s gonna skate like a dream, my first slappy on it I got pitched and threw my back out. That was on last Tuesday and I haven’t been on my board since.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #22902 on: December 21, 2020, 10:40:46 AM »
Wish you a quick recovery Freelance.

I took a bad slam the other day and I think I pinched my ulnar nerve because my pinky and ring finger have been completely numb/pins & needles ever since. Gonna get it checked out tomorrow, shits annoying as hell. Certainly not stoked.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #22903 on: December 21, 2020, 03:10:28 PM »
Been dealing with a lot of stress with my car issuance co after a wreck last month. Been waiting 30+ days for my car to get fixed and still nothing and no answer as to why it’s taking them this long.

Fam decided to cancel our Christmas festivities for the first time ever

Broke a back molar about 20 mins ago

Overall seasonal stress/ anxiety/ depression.

personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22904 on: December 26, 2020, 10:53:10 AM »
I was charged $10 at a skate shop for a sheet of regular mob grip tape

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22905 on: December 26, 2020, 02:24:57 PM »
I'm realizing the difference between turning points in life and being forced to transition into a new life.

Turning points allow for preparation while being forced to transition is just like being thrown in the lake. It is shocking, scary, and just treading water is fucking hard.

Recently got diagnosed with tinnitus, fucking bummed as I took great care of my ears for so long. My hearing was better than most people even a decade younger than me.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22906 on: December 26, 2020, 03:34:07 PM »
got a bad hemmorhoid, lol. first time. wasn't there two days ago. probably went too hard on the ass wipe. it's not toopainful, but fucking weird.

should i basically take a shower after every shit now? do i need some sort of gel? how can i get rid of this, possibly without a big fuss.

Dinglenuts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #22907 on: December 26, 2020, 05:48:22 PM »
got a bad hemmorhoid, lol. first time. wasn't there two days ago. probably went too hard on the ass wipe. it's not toopainful, but fucking weird.

should i basically take a shower after every shit now? do i need some sort of gel? how can i get rid of this, possibly without a big fuss.
Epsom salt baths and preparation H dawg..Witch hazel wipes and you stinkstar should be showroom condition in no time.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22908 on: December 26, 2020, 08:16:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Epsom salt baths and preparation H dawg..Witch hazel wipes and you stinkstar should be showroom condition in no time.

thanks bro, i'll check that shit out.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #22909 on: December 27, 2020, 12:16:12 PM »
I think I might have torn something in my right knee. Hopefully just a sprain.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22910 on: December 27, 2020, 12:23:47 PM »
On this day in 2006 my brother bryan was found dead.

He was killed by a paid police informant.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #22911 on: December 27, 2020, 12:26:08 PM »

Oh god, that is fucking brutal. I’m so sorry for your loss.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #22912 on: December 27, 2020, 05:23:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh god, that is fucking brutal. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Heel bruise in the shape of an axle nut that has turned into a rock hard lump.
Not seeing the family for Christmas,  and  people staring at me (although I could be being paranoid about this)

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22913 on: December 27, 2020, 05:50:16 PM »
I'm realizing the difference between turning points in life and being forced to transition into a new life.

Turning points allow for preparation while being forced to transition is just like being thrown in the lake. It is shocking, scary, and just treading water is fucking hard.

Recently got diagnosed with tinnitus, fucking bummed as I took great care of my ears for so long. My hearing was better than most people even a decade younger than me.

this post resonates deeply. All of 2019 and most of 2020 was a forced transition. It was incredibly challenging and only in the past few months have I been out of the water.

Also, I got smacked with tinnitus last winter after a 3month ear infection during which the health care provider refused to provide antibiotics until the very end due to being a brand new NP and having never dealt with an inner ear infection. After finally getting into see an ENT, they said my hearing was actually quite excellent and that the infection caused nerve damage. I was angry and bitter for a hot minute but will say that 7 months in, it's not so bad as it was last winter and is really, truly mostly tolerable. Unless I'm camping, I sleep with a fan. I wear ear plugs when I play electric guitar. Sometimes caffeine revs it up, same with anxiety. Processed sugar is really the worst for it. While it doesn't get good, it gets better. Stay up, homes

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #22914 on: December 28, 2020, 01:13:52 AM »
My girl friend, whom I love,(I know: falling in love is for posers) blacked out at my families Christmas. Granted she didn't make too much of an ass of herself in front of my family but on the ride home (Me DDing of course), she had to use the bathroom. Fair enough. I pull over at a gas station and go to grab the bathroom key for her. When I walk outside, she's pissing on a curb within sight of everyone at the pump. Part of her apology was that if I were also drunk I wouldn't have been so upset. This isn't the first time her drinking has been a problem. But it's about to be the last time it is going to be my problem. Shit sucks.
Frontside grind blind on the government

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #22915 on: December 28, 2020, 07:01:01 PM »
My girl friend, whom I love,(I know: falling in love is for posers) blacked out at my families Christmas. Granted she didn't make too much of an ass of herself in front of my family but on the ride home (Me DDing of course), she had to use the bathroom. Fair enough. I pull over at a gas station and go to grab the bathroom key for her. When I walk outside, she's pissing on a curb within sight of everyone at the pump. Part of her apology was that if I were also drunk I wouldn't have been so upset. This isn't the first time her drinking has been a problem. But it's about to be the last time it is going to be my problem. Shit sucks.

drunk girlfriends are the worse, luckily ive never been with anyone whos done too much cringeworthy shit but ive witnessed friends girlfriends do some whack shit.
Ive been with my girl 3 years now and i think maybe one time she did some eye rolling shit when drunk, i did some goofy drunk shit a few times at the start of our relationship but nothing too embarassing

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22916 on: December 28, 2020, 07:26:26 PM »
Rode my bike on a long-distance ride the other day and lost my hat. I've had it since I was a kid and it's not I can find the same one again very special Spitfire hat.

Well so I was cruising and swerving in between car's didn't see the fishing rods on the back of truck so accidentally ran into them and my hat got caught on one and it flipped up on the fishing rod and wind caught it sent it in to the ocean 😅 watched in sadness as I'm not jumping in to cold water for a hat.
Dueces Bitch's

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #22917 on: December 29, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
i can taste the nasal self medication in the back of my throat and its really gross

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22918 on: December 30, 2020, 12:34:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this post resonates deeply. All of 2019 and most of 2020 was a forced transition. It was incredibly challenging and only in the past few months have I been out of the water.

Also, I got smacked with tinnitus last winter after a 3month ear infection during which the health care provider refused to provide antibiotics until the very end due to being a brand new NP and having never dealt with an inner ear infection. After finally getting into see an ENT, they said my hearing was actually quite excellent and that the infection caused nerve damage. I was angry and bitter for a hot minute but will say that 7 months in, it's not so bad as it was last winter and is really, truly mostly tolerable. Unless I'm camping, I sleep with a fan. I wear ear plugs when I play electric guitar. Sometimes caffeine revs it up, same with anxiety. Processed sugar is really the worst for it. While it doesn't get good, it gets better. Stay up, homes

fellow tinnitus sufferer here, in my right ear. reason is still undisclosed. like you my doc said my hearing is actually very good. sometimes i need a plug in my ear when i play guitar as well, and i can't take too much noise anymore in that ear, or my hearing will sort of tilt out and everything sounds distorted or i straight go deaf on it for like 5 secs. weirdly this gets triggered mostly by human voices. there must be some frequencies i can't deal with.

the whole diagnosis thing is on hold, but as of now it's also theorized by my docs that it might be some sort of nerve damage with the root being my fucked up jaw. my jaw needs fixing real bad, the joint on the right side that connects to the ear area is busted. i must have taken some sort of hit at some point that i didn't get checked out. and apparently i am a bad jaw clencer while sleeping, too. my jawdoc said i have abnormal muscles around my temple area and stuff, like i am chewing super hard on something all the time.

also gets worse in times of anxiety and eating unhealthy.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22919 on: December 30, 2020, 10:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

fellow tinnitus sufferer here, in my right ear. reason is still undisclosed. like you my doc said my hearing is actually very good. sometimes i need a plug in my ear when i play guitar as well, and i can't take too much noise anymore in that ear, or my hearing will sort of tilt out and everything sounds distorted or i straight go deaf on it for like 5 secs. weirdly this gets triggered mostly by human voices. there must be some frequencies i can't deal with.

the whole diagnosis thing is on hold, but as of now it's also theorized by my docs that it might be some sort of nerve damage with the root being my fucked up jaw. my jaw needs fixing real bad, the joint on the right side that connects to the ear area is busted. i must have taken some sort of hit at some point that i didn't get checked out. and apparently i am a bad jaw clencer while sleeping, too. my jawdoc said i have abnormal muscles around my temple area and stuff, like i am chewing super hard on something all the time.

also gets worse in times of anxiety and eating unhealthy.

wow, sounds like a fairly similar situation, for real. My right ear is the primary culprit. What's strangest is that it really came out of nowhere and with a vengeance. Last winter, during the prolonged ear infection, it was screaming to the point of being unable to sleep. unfortunately, my health insurance is absolute trash and I live 6 hours from any major city, so getting in to see any specialist, such as a jaw doctor, probably won't happen despite a history of cervical injury. No one even looked at my chart to suggest that could be an issue. Don't get me started on the scalp condition I've been petitioning to see a dermatologist for over the past 6 months. The PCP keeps prescribing more chemical ointments that don't work. Pretty sure it's ring worm. baaaaaah motherfuckers.