Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1883583 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22980 on: January 27, 2021, 12:42:42 PM »
Vehicle registration cost me 400 smackeroos.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #22981 on: January 27, 2021, 03:12:27 PM »
Im going down to sydney this weekend and was getting all stoked about the places i was gonna go skate, kinda planned it out at the start of the month, its been beautiful weather all month and now it meant to rain all weekend, super bummed

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22982 on: January 27, 2021, 04:48:44 PM »
It absolutely enrages me when people make "Is" or "Are" lower case in the middle of a title or heading. e.g., What is Your Favorite Skate Video? Generally, you're only supposed to do that for articles or prepositions. "Is" and "Are" are verbs. Seems like people just make any word that is very short lower case in the middle of a title or heading. Anyway, don't do that. It's wrong and it fucking infuriates me. Aaaaaaaarrrrgggggh! >:(

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #22983 on: January 27, 2021, 05:22:57 PM »
Prez elect vowing to return public schools to in person learning by March amidst reports of new contagious variants popping up and a botched (or at least, inconsistent) vaccine rollout.

Promising districts funding to reopen can only do so much, especially within the remaining school year. What are they gonna do, build us new buildings? They talk about ventilation, but I've seen no concrete plans or any examples of this "extra" ventilation being put to use anywhere else.

Schools are a rife with opportunities for spread to occur. We can't follow children around spraying everything they touch.

Don't get me wrong, I want the PPE educators should have been provided since this shit started. However, until vaccines are available to all in my community, I am NOT down with being involved in community spread, or even risking it.

I am used to sacrificing my time for my job, but I draw the line at sacrificing my own health and that of others in my community.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22984 on: January 27, 2021, 05:29:11 PM »
Prez elect vowing to return public schools to in person learning by March amidst reports of new contagious variants popping up and a botched (or at least, inconsistent) vaccine rollout.

Promising districts funding to reopen can only do so much, especially within the remaining school year. What are they gonna do, build us new buildings? They talk about ventilation, but I've see no concrete plans or any examples of this kind of covid preventing ventilation being put to use anywhere else.

Schools are a rife with opportunities for spread to occur. We can't follow children around spraying everything they touch.

Don't get me wrong, I want the PPE educators should have been provided since this shit started. However, until vaccines are available to all in my community, I am NOT down with being involved in community spread, or even risking it.

I am used to sacrificing my time for my job, but I draw the line at sacrificing my own health and that of others in my community.

you're a teacher/school staff? I've worked in a bunch of schools as sub, paraprofessional, and teacher and was interning in one for the social work masters last year and am incredibly grateful to not be there this year. I'm doing some volunteer stuff with the school online this year, but man, it's no joke, especially if you're in a big city. I'm in a super small rural community these days but when I was teaching in a big, international city I got sick as fuck. Stay safe dawg
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #22985 on: January 27, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
Expand Quote

Promising districts funding to reopen can only do so much, especially within the remaining school year. What are they gonna do, build us new buildings? They talk about ventilation, but I've see no concrete plans or any examples of this kind of covid preventing ventilation being put to use anywhere else.

[close]

you're a teacher/school staff? I've worked in a bunch of schools as sub, paraprofessional, and teacher and was interning in one for the social work masters last year and am incredibly grateful to not be there this year. I'm doing some volunteer stuff with the school online this year, but man, it's no joke, especially if you're in a big city. I'm in a super small rural community these days but when I was teaching in a big, international city I got sick as fuck. Stay safe dawg

Yeah, I teach in a small city but a city nonetheless. We were once a hotspot for recorded cases in my state but cases are down (after schools went fully virtual and bars/restaurants closed back down, wonder why?) so now there's pressure being placed on admin to return... my fear is that they're also interested in the funding being promised. Ride out the end of the year and secure funding cause we can check of the "provided in person instruction" box. Put lives of teachers/students and their families at risk for some masks/gloves and money that'll really go to buying new fad curriculum or something. I have faith in my students and colleagues, but even with the best equipment and strict standards, there will be mistakes made and the risk for spread is inevitable.

Thanks for the empathy dude, I am wishing you well through all of this too! The job has never been more thankless.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Brguy

« Reply #22986 on: January 29, 2021, 01:08:51 PM »
Landed primo so hard that I can't put weight on my foot since yesterday, if it doesn't get better by tomorrow I think I'll have to go check if it isn't broken.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #22987 on: January 29, 2021, 01:13:56 PM »
Landed primo so hard that I can't put weight on my foot since yesterday, if it doesn't get better by tomorrow I think I'll have to go check if it isn't broken.

Hopefully, this passes and you'll be alright.

Always makes me think of Ernie Torres and his near primo heel flip in Roll Forever.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #22988 on: January 30, 2021, 05:15:01 AM »
My housemate's flaky guest is staying again. The type that says she will stay for a week but it ends up being a month. I really really don't want it to happen because my insomnia is really bad at the moment. The house is small and I need it to be pretty tranquil so when i'm all fucked up after not sleeping there is still a peaceful environment for me to feel horrible in. These guys are a handful together. Seriously considering renting somewhere for a week, my life savings is small but these situatuons can feel like life or death for me.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #22989 on: January 31, 2021, 07:01:25 PM »
i think you need to tell your housemate his friend needs to find another place.  i struggle with boundaries too.  it sucks to have to put your foot down, but you shouldn't be having to consider leaving your own house because your roommate keeps overstepping. 

not stoked on:

i've been dealing with this home purchase for months now.  its constant bullshit, constant requests for documents over and over again, combing through my bank statements like I'm being audited, lender acting like im fucking up somehow, seller getting nervous because we keep extending the contract.  everytime I leave the house i get a call and have to run home to find some financial statement or another, so I've pretty much been staying home the past month binge watching true crime shows to quell the anxiety and its got me in a real weird mental state.  Contract expires week after next and I'm just waiting for the next clusterfuck to drop in my lap to nuke my deal.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Fhk

« Reply #22990 on: February 01, 2021, 09:42:19 AM »
I am 20 minutes away from starting to drink my colonoscopy prep. I have never had to do this but the terms "forceful" and "uncontrollable" diarrhea were used. Im getting nervous haha.. Although I am in my early 40s, I have lived with some pretty severe pains for years and I am finally ready to do this..Wish me luck Pals.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #22991 on: February 01, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
I am 20 minutes away from starting to drink my colonoscopy prep. I have never had to do this but the terms "forceful" and "uncontrollable" diarrhea were used. Im getting nervous haha.. Although I am in my early 40s, I have lived with some pretty severe pains for years and I am finally ready to do this..Wish me luck Pals.

Chill bro, you'll live. It's not the most agreeable type of activity tho.  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Fhk

« Reply #22992 on: February 01, 2021, 09:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ha thanks man the nurse has me shook! The process has begun...  :o

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #22993 on: February 01, 2021, 10:08:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Let's f....ing goooooooo!  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Fhk

« Reply #22994 on: February 01, 2021, 10:11:57 AM »
 ;D
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Let's f....ing goooooooo!  ;D
Hahaha!!!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #22995 on: February 01, 2021, 11:19:46 AM »

RIP Dustin Diamond.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22996 on: February 01, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
. The worst part is the taste of the prep.  Tastes like salty milk, I’m gagging just thinking about it

Fhk

« Reply #22997 on: February 01, 2021, 11:47:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
. The worst part is the taste of the prep.  Tastes like salty milk, I’m gagging just thinking about it
I have some flavorless stuff I dumped into 2 big Gatorades along with some pills..by the sounds of it I got off easy.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22998 on: February 01, 2021, 12:55:28 PM »
i have Crohns so Ive had to do it at least half a dozen times.  They made me drink this stuff called GoLytely.  its like a gallon of the worst tasting shit i've ever encountered.  you have to drink a glass every 10 minutes for like 2 hours.  also have had to drink a lot of barium sulfate to get MRIs of my GI tract, and that stuff is not much better. 

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #22999 on: February 01, 2021, 01:00:57 PM »
My girlfriend just got diagnosed with crohns , We were huge foodies so it’s been a bit tough on our relationship. any tips on good foods we both can enjoy ? Or is it just bland food for the rest of our days ?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23000 on: February 01, 2021, 01:11:19 PM »
for me, the worst things i could eat were "healthy" foods like fruit, nuts and vegetables.  grains can be bad too.  just anything that is rough on your intestines and passes though your system mostly intact.  your intestines are covered in little tiny ulcers, so anything rough will aggravate that and cause a lot of pain.  i tried to eat simple, easy to digest protein when i could.  seafood worked for me. 

I had to have my colon removed a while back, and now i can eat whatever, but back then i couldn't eat anything without a lot of pain, so i barely ate.  I hope your gf has a better go of it.  start off bland and then introduce new things a little bit at a time to see how her body handles it. 

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23001 on: February 01, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #23002 on: February 02, 2021, 05:22:31 AM »
My phone finally broke yesterday, i probably have to wait until i get paid friday to get a new one.
both the front and back of my phone have been all cracked for over a year lol.
This time im actually going to buy a legit ass phone case.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1384
« Reply #23003 on: February 02, 2021, 01:09:12 PM »
People who don’t bring water to the session. I have this friend who never fails to bring his $500 dab rig, 5 types of weed and wax, and a huge monster energy. But almost every time he forgets his damn water bottle and has to mooch off mine for the session. This dude is way more of a filmer than a skater (he also frequently forgets the camera) so he often spends 70% of the day sitting or filming while I sit down barely 5 minutes the entire session. I need that water damn it and this fool is always drinking up half of my supply. I’ve called him out on it before (in a friendly way because it’s a dick move to not give your friend water) but he just complains how expensive rent is and having to cover his girlfriends side of the rent so he can’t afford a water bottle? This dudes family is rich as fuck, he owns a water bottle, or could atleast miss buying that extra 5 grams of wax a week to get a water bottle instead. I love this guy, but his priorities confuse me sometime.

why don't you just tell him to go buy a gallon, shit's always under 3 bucks
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Weededed

• Rep: 208
  • I never needed it..
« Reply #23004 on: February 02, 2021, 02:39:08 PM »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #23005 on: February 03, 2021, 03:49:33 PM »
My left eye had 5 bloodvessels removed today, thought they were going to do it via laser but they did with needles and hooks > hurts like hell (but looks better)

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #23006 on: February 04, 2021, 07:28:09 AM »
Currently healing from a broken collarbone, broke it on my right side. Over a month into healing and it’s been good so far; I’m in a figure 8 brace and just been taking it easy. It wasn’t really hurting at all lately, but a couple days back in the middle of the night I woke up needing to pee, I was half asleep and it must’ve slipped my mind that I was injured cuz I used my right arm to hold myself up, and when I did that I felt pain in the broken area and instantly stopped and switched to my left arm to hold myself up instead. It was painful but didn’t hurt too bad. Since that day though, it’s been a lot more sore and achy than usual. Still nowhere near the pain from the first week and a half when I broke it, but still more achy and sore than it’s been in the past week or so that just passed. I hope I didn’t fuck anything up in the bone healing process; last visit I had with the doctor he said the new bone was forming really nicely, last thing I need is for that process to have been messed up.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #23007 on: February 04, 2021, 03:19:58 PM »
i havent been able to take a good satisfying shit in weeks. Ive actually changed my diet and been eating cleaner/healthier which i thought would only improve but it seems since giving up junk food my body has decided to fuck me up, your boy out here just wanting to drop a good old deuce and feel empty

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 336
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #23008 on: February 04, 2021, 03:36:07 PM »
^ Tell us what you have been eating. You getting some exercise/skating too?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23009 on: February 05, 2021, 01:44:34 AM »
Have you been on medication? If not, maybe something like all bran? Also, if they’ve been hell loose rank ones try cutting out or reducing dairy, I mean still have butter and stuff but put soy or almond milk in your coffees for a couple weeks just see how you go

I got this theory that everyone is lactose intolerant
just to different extents. Cow milk’s for baby cows!

Also dammit, nick
I been backing this guy for years I’m not on some bandwagon but I had money on him making it to here  and he’s fucked me didn’t even try the dog
listen to cosmic psychos