Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1882874 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23220 on: May 15, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote
My partner’s passiveness about possibly losing her job when she’s not the one paying rent.

Also people thinking ‘partner’ means male but using ‘girlfriend’ in your 30’s is fucking silly.

Oh wait this isn’t the pet peeves thread.
[close]

ive been with with girlfriend for 13 years .. not married and have two kids .. having to say girlfriend, partner or wife is so awkward for me .. i just refer to her as her first name now even if the person has never met her

I once worked at a place for two years and passively said, ‘yeah sure’, when asked if I was married and had to keep up with that lie the entire time. All because I hate having to call my dumbass girlfriend, ‘girlfriend’.

Life is sick.

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23221 on: May 15, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »
Got covid. On day five since the symptoms started. Cough isn’t too crazy, just here n there, no sore throat either, but my body definitely feels really achy and lethargic.

wishing you a quick and full recovery

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #23222 on: May 15, 2021, 08:22:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Got covid. On day five since the symptoms started. Cough isn’t too crazy, just here n there, no sore throat either, but my body definitely feels really achy and lethargic.
[close]

Thank you.
Day two and day three were definitely the worst.
Day one I had a slight cough that developed and a scratchy throat but that was pretty much it. Day two is when it kicked into full gear. Cough became more apparent, body started feeling achy and real fatigued, when I would stand up I’d get dizzy and light headed, had trouble concentrating, had a pretty crazy headache and the back of my eyes felt like they were being squeezed, stomach felt really queasy and nauseous, I’d get random chills and shivers and also periods where I get really hot n sweaty too. This was the day I knew something was up and that I should go get tested. Day three was the same as day two. Day four felt a lot mellower, a lot of the symptoms had become less severe and died down. The hot/cold flash bouts disappeared, headache and eye aches disappeared as well, urge to cough though still there was a lot more intermittent and less severe, throat wasnt sore anymore, and my body though still fatigued felt a lot more energetic than the two previous days.
Now I’m on day five, feels the same as day four except I’m a bit more fatigued and groggy than the day before but I’m guessing that’s from me not really having an appetite and not really eating all day and me just napping on and off all day. Also my sense of smell seems to be fading away on this day as well which sucks. Always heard sense of smell disappearing was one of the first symptoms to come, surprised its showing up this late.
Hoping it keeps getting better from here, but I’ve spoken to a couple friends who’ve had covid who’ve  said they’ve had their symptoms do the same thing with mellowing out and then out of nowhere on day seven it kicks back into full gear again and the symptoms strike back with a vengeance, I’m hoping that ain’t the case but I’m preparing myself now mentally in case that happens.
Overall I’ve definitely had bouts with the flu in the past that felt way worse than this, that’s not to say this still doesn’t suck though and I definitely would not want to deal with this again a second time.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #23223 on: May 15, 2021, 08:31:11 PM »
bought a house this year (which was great), but getting fucked on taxes from last year as a result.  i was supposed to close on the place last year, but my lender kept delaying things, and its causing a bunch of problems.  Also had a 700 electric bill for some reason due to the move, and my phone trade in that I sent back got lost en route to Att.  Things are going pretty decent otherwise, just always sucks to that random money bullshit always pops up out of nowhere.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #23224 on: May 15, 2021, 09:12:50 PM »
bought a house this year (which was great), but getting fucked on taxes from last year as a result.  i was supposed to close on the place last year, but my lender kept delaying things, and its causing a bunch of problems.  Also had a 700 electric bill for some reason due to the move, and my phone trade in that I sent back got lost en route to Att.  Things are going pretty decent otherwise, just always sucks to that random money bullshit always pops up out of nowhere.

Wanna give us all a lesson in what not to do, taxwise?
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23225 on: May 15, 2021, 09:17:10 PM »
Basically my lender made me take a distribution from my IRA to prove that I had enough for down payment and closing costs, which bumped me up a tax bracket.  I was supposed to close on the house last year, which would have mitigated that a bit, but the same
Lender delayed my closing until Feb, so the tax benefits of buying the house doesn’t apply to last years taxes.  My lender was basically a nightmare and I almost lost the house a few times, so I just did what I had to do at the time to get it done

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23226 on: May 15, 2021, 09:35:11 PM »
Basically my lender made me take a distribution from my IRA to prove that I had enough for down payment and closing costs, which bumped me up a tax bracket.  I was supposed to close on the house last year, which would have mitigated that a bit, but the same
Lender delayed my closing until Feb, so the tax benefits of buying the house doesn’t apply to last years taxes.  My lender was basically a nightmare and I almost lost the house a few times, so I just did what I had to do at the time to get it done

Lenders and real estate agents are the worst. They never seem to represent our interests.

However, the good thing about your taxes is that only the income that made it into that higher bracket gets taxes at that higher rate. (If you are single) the taxes you paid on your first 10K didn't change, the taxes you paid on the next 40k didn't change, and so on. Your money is taxed in chunks not as a whole.

For example my boss's boss who is an incompetent boob makes 215 but doesn't pay anywhere near 35% even though the last 8K of his income is taxed at 35%.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23227 on: May 15, 2021, 09:38:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lenders and agents are the worst. They never seem to represent our interests.

However, the good thing about the taxes is that only the income that made it into that bracket gets taxes at that rate. The taxes you paid on your first 10K didn't change, the money you.made on the next 30k didn't change, only the money after x dollars is taxed at the highest rate.

Your money is taxed in chunks not as a whole.

For example my boss's boss who is an incompetent boob makes 215 but doesn't pay anywhere near 35% even though the last 8K of his income is taxed at 35%

thanks for that info.  i'm just going by what Turbotax said, so I'm hoping there's an error somewhere or some writeoff I missed.  gonna pay extra to talk to an actual tax person on the phone to see if I can get somewhere.  gonna have to be a little late in filing though

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23228 on: May 15, 2021, 09:47:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Lenders and agents are the worst. They never seem to represent our interests.

However, the good thing about the taxes is that only the income that made it into that bracket gets taxes at that rate. The taxes you paid on your first 10K didn't change, the money you.made on the next 30k didn't change, only the money after x dollars is taxed at the highest rate.

Your money is taxed in chunks not as a whole.

For example my boss's boss who is an incompetent boob makes 215 but doesn't pay anywhere near 35% even though the last 8K of his income is taxed at 35%
[close]

thanks for that info.  i'm just going by what Turbotax said, so I'm hoping there's an error somewhere or some writeoff I missed.  gonna pay extra to talk to an actual tax person on the phone to see if I can get somewhere.  gonna have to be a little late in filing though

TurboTax should show you the average tax or the effective tax rate somewhere in the PDF file you print out. Also, if you take what you paid in taxes and divide by entire income that'll show you what % of your pay went to taxes.

I only know this because my mom worked with a lady who was offered a raise and she turned it down because she thought a raise would move her entire income into higher tax bracket. My mom took her raise and let me rent two games from Blockbuster that weekend. My mom explained the bracket system to me that night and said, "Never turn down more money. You will always benefit from a higher salary."

Note: This advice doesn't account for subsidies for the poor, benefits, deductions, and credits that only exist for people at certain income levels, etc., but straight taxes more pay always equals more money and doesn't change the taxes we have already paid on income we have already earned.

Long story, but, hopefully takes the sting out of some of your dumbass lender's bad advice.

(The brackets are kind of like the estate tax, we only get taxed on the free money after the first 11.7 million. So if someone inherits 11.7 million and 1 dollar, they inherit 11.7 million and 60 cents (not a bad deal for unearned income and more money than most of us will earn in three life times).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:55:42 AM by TheLurper »

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23229 on: May 16, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thank you.
Day one I had a slight cough that developed and a scratchy throat but that was pretty much it. Day two is when it kicked into full gear. Cough became more apparent, body started feeling achy and real fatigued, when I would stand up I’d get dizzy and light headed, had trouble concentrating, had a pretty crazy headache and the back of my eyes felt like they were being squeezed, stomach felt really queasy and nauseous, I’d get random chills and shivers and also periods where I get really hot n sweaty too. This was the day I knew something was up and that I should go get tested. Day three was the same as day two. Day four felt a lot mellower, a lot of the symptoms had become less severe and died down. The hot/cold flash bouts disappeared, headache and eye aches disappeared as well, urge to cough though still there was a lot more intermittent and less severe, throat wasnt sore anymore, and my body though still fatigued felt a lot more energetic than the two previous days.
Now I’m on day five, feels the same as day four except I’m a bit more fatigued and groggy than the day before but I’m guessing that’s from me not really having an appetite and not really eating all day and me just napping on and off all day. Also my sense of smell seems to be fading away on this day as well which sucks. Always heard sense of smell disappearing was one of the first symptoms to come, surprised its showing up this late.
Hoping it keeps getting better from here, but I’ve spoken to a couple friends who’ve had covid who’ve  said they’ve had their symptoms do the same thing with mellowing out and then out of nowhere on day seven it kicks back into full gear again and the symptoms strike back with a vengeance, I’m hoping that ain’t the case but I’m preparing myself now mentally in case that happens.
Overall I’ve definitely had bouts with the flu in the past that felt way worse than this, that’s not to say this still doesn’t suck though and I definitely would not want to deal with this again a second time.

i imagine it fucks with your head thinking it could turn a lot worse. it does to me. i don't really have poor health, but i have some issues, especially respiratory issues, so i kind of don't want to fuck with the possibility of getting covid. i also had pneumonia once that developed from a regular flu and it was horrible and scary. it literally felt like drowning slowly in your own goop, with the bottom of your lungs sounding like a bong hit being pulled any time you take a breath. shit is most fucked.

keep up the good spirit. hope you'll get spared from a covid comeback!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #23230 on: May 16, 2021, 08:51:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thank you.
[close]

i imagine it fucks with your head thinking it could turn a lot worse. it does to me. i don't really have poor health, but i have some issues, especially respiratory issues, so i kind of don't want to fuck with the possibility of getting covid. i also had pneumonia once that developed from a regular flu and it was horrible and scary. it literally felt like drowning slowly in your own goop, with the bottom of your lungs sounding like a bong hit being pulled any time you take a breath. shit is most fucked.

keep up the good spirit. hope you'll get spared from a covid comeback!
Ah damn, that sounds crazy; glad you pulled out of that, that definitely doesn’t sound pleasant. Stay safe out there yo, this is definitely not the thing you wanna deal with if you have preexisting respiratory issues.

And yeah that thought does cross my mind and does kinda fuck with my head if I think about it a lot but I try not to think about it too much. I just keep reminding myself that I’m only in my early 30s and I have no preexisting health conditions so the chances of things going south for me are slim, but still the possibility is there so I’m staying alert with it as well just in case.
Honestly the worst part isn’t even dealing with all the symptoms and feeling like shit, the worst part is the feeling of true loneliness that dealing with it has brought. I live alone in a small lil apartment, and just that feeling of laying there in a dark room, suffering through the symptoms, alone, all by yourself with no one there to comfort you or take care of you or tell you everything is going to be ok..... that feeling is way more of a head fuck and way worse than the actual symptoms themselves. You just feel so alone, like you’re the only one suffering through this, even though there’s thousands and thousands of others out there suffering through the same thing with you, but that feeling of loneliness makes you forget that. But of course I just try to suck it up and deal with it and try to shrug that feeling off cuz that’s all you can do really.
Officially on day six now, cough still pretty mellow and super intermittent, smell still slowly disappearing, body still pretty fatigued and weak and my mind feels a bit foggy, still don’t have much of an appetite, but besides that all other symptoms seem to be gone, so that’s good.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
« Reply #23231 on: May 17, 2021, 12:48:34 AM »
Fighting covid as we speak:

Tested positive in a university monitored labtest, so I'm 100% sure I have it.

I noticed it first when I was getting trouble breathing while I was just speaking.
Note: I was in the gym 4-5 days a week before everything closed here, and I kept training at home. So I had plenty of reserves in my lungs ...

But I noticed something was going on when I was gasping for breath after speaking a sentence, I got chestpains, got vertigo when I went up the stairs etc.

I was REALLY strict with lockdowns and stuff, and I'm just not a huge fan of people in general ... so I didn't see many people anyway. I probably picked it up in a grocery store.

Anyway, I'm on day 12 now and It's slightly getting better. I refused to let it win and slept 14-15 hours a day. Ate right and drank LOTS of water. I even tried to lift some weights which probably wasn't very smart ...

I have the mild case probably. A friend of mine was in IC and coma for 3 weeks, a colleague of mine as well. Both lost 10-20 pounds  in weight, had to relearn how to speak etc.

I sent a text to my boss and colleagues saying I had it. And out of 25 people I got like 4 text messages back.
Which got me thinking that I probably should look out for a new job ...

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23232 on: May 17, 2021, 01:33:41 AM »
Good luck. Keep us posted on you progress.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23233 on: May 17, 2021, 05:55:13 AM »
Good luck. Keep us posted on you progress.

i second that!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #23234 on: May 19, 2021, 10:38:54 AM »
After work today I’m going to have the most difficult and painful conversation of my life.
I don’t know what’s going to happen after.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23235 on: May 19, 2021, 10:40:14 AM »
After work today I’m going to have the most difficult and painful conversation of my life.

much strength and courage to you. sounds gnarly, but you'll get through this.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #23236 on: May 20, 2021, 02:39:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good luck, bro.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23237 on: May 20, 2021, 02:49:45 AM »
Allergy season is back, there's fucking pollen everywhere. My car looks like it's full of yellow dust even if I hosed it down yesterday.

My sinuses are fucked right now.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23238 on: May 20, 2021, 08:02:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good luck, bro.
My wife and I had the conversation. It was tough. We both cried and my worst fear was confirmed. If I ever left her, she would most likely hurt herself :(
Maybe we can move forward for the better now and our relationship can become better.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #23239 on: May 20, 2021, 09:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good luck, bro.
[close]
My wife and I had the conversation. It was tough. We both cried and my worst fear was confirmed. If I ever left her, she would most likely hurt herself :(
Maybe we can move forward for the better now and our relationship can become better.

I see. Well, again, good luck to both of you.

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #23240 on: May 20, 2021, 10:52:40 AM »
after nearly four years the water bottle i bought from walmart that i have been using religiously just broke. i guess the inner metal liner in the bottle that keeps it cold broke off from the main part so now it rattles when i drink water. not stoked that i have to get a new bottle but at least it lasted so long

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23241 on: May 20, 2021, 01:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good luck, bro.
[close]
[close]

I see. Well, again, good luck to both of you.

Fuck Johnes, that’s pretty heavy
Your feelings are valid too
I reckon if one internalises too much over time it’s possible to just snap one day or at a minimum just be really unhappy
listen to cosmic psychos

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #23242 on: May 21, 2021, 07:30:11 AM »
I was a little over a month in of a really good routine of eating well, not drinking as much, riding my bike and skating pretty regularly. Doing around 50 miles a week plus getting in some good after work and weekend sessions. I woke up yesterday with a hip issue and pinched nerve in my back and can barely walk. I'm obviously annoyed by the injury but also I don't want to get out of my routine and consistency and let it bum me out so much that I fall into piling out again. Just hoping this shit gets better quick and I can get back to doing what I was doing.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #23243 on: May 21, 2021, 11:44:49 AM »
Crypto market in the toilet

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23244 on: May 21, 2021, 02:42:28 PM »
I was a little over a month in of a really good routine of eating well, not drinking as much, riding my bike and skating pretty regularly. Doing around 50 miles a week plus getting in some good after work and weekend sessions. I woke up yesterday with a hip issue and pinched nerve in my back and can barely walk. I'm obviously annoyed by the injury but also I don't want to get out of my routine and consistency and let it bum me out so much that I fall into piling out again. Just hoping this shit gets better quick and I can get back to doing what I was doing.
If you are able to and have not yet, you could go to the ER or a minor emergency clinic and they can give you a shot that will speed up the recovery a little bit. It’s not a pain killer shot, it’s like an anti inflammatory steroid shot. I usually would go and get that done when my backs hurt.

*And thanks for the words of encouragement on my other post in this thread y’all.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 04:02:14 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #23245 on: May 23, 2021, 02:30:23 PM »
Towards the end of 2020 I dated this one girl that I fell for hard, just completely entered the relationship giving 120%. She dumped me real suddenly one night for reasons I completely understand. Anyway, was my first time being dumped ever (I’m 25) and am still learning all the ways the experience has changed me.
I’m not upset, but it does make me a little sad that it’s hard for me to show love to even my friends now. Recently when my grandmother died my response was to go home and be alone. I don’t think I’m pushing anyone away but as time goes on I realize that there’s no other outcome.

Related but also unrelated, was spending the weekend with one of my closest girl friends, had an intense panic attack and said offhandedly that I wanted to die. She laughed and said, “me too”. And the whole ideation of it bummed me out so much that I just dropped her off and let her know I’m not interested in entertaining those thoughts. Had a whole day planned together but at that point it just felt like it was getting worse.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23246 on: May 24, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
my tv of less than 2 years just died out of the blue.  Ordered a new one from Costco.  waited around all day for the delivery.  had to meet the guy down the street due to road construction.  Lugged this thing back to my house, set it up on the wall mount, plugged it in....fucking screen is shattered. 

costco is good with returns so I should have a new one soon; half expecting another broken one to show up though

tacotime

« Reply #23247 on: May 26, 2021, 05:27:21 AM »
A lot of tough shit going on for many around here. I hope things start to turn around for everyone sooner rather than later.

The thin walls in my house between my neighbors and housemates have been making my blood boil.

Late to the game on this but I’m in the same boat as you about the thin walls. I have a little fan that I run whenever I’m in my room and it’s helped way more than you would think. It’s not super loud but it makes enough noise and is closer than the noise on the other side of the wall, so after a few days my ears began to focus on the sound of the fan versus what I don’t want to be hearing. It’s actually become relaxing which helps in its own way.

I couldn’t bring myself to buy a noise machine, spending money on a hunk of plastic that just makes noises, but since a fan is useful in its own way I thought I’d try it. When I don’t want the breeze blowing at me, I just turn it to face the wall.

Here’s the one I have: it was cheap, doesn’t take up a ton of space, and hasn’t burnt out yet despite almost constant use for a year:

http://www.target.com/p/honeywell-turbo-force-table-air-circulator-fan-black/

Good luck man, I know how frustrating that can be especially when you’re going through a rough time in general.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23248 on: May 27, 2021, 07:10:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I have MRSA. I'm going to frickin die from an infection. I've cleaned everything in my stupid fucking basement to the best of my ability. I'm going to frickin die.

21 years ago I had Endo 2x and I survived. I'm clean since 02.

I can't believe this shit. Where the ffuck is housing!?!
[close]

damn brother. that's brutal. I was in a community where one person lived with MRSA and she's still going strong 11 years later. She's a dirty train hopping drunk who doesn't really take care of themselves.

I don't know if it matters or is relevant, but in that same place, aside from bleach, people were killing staph with heavy heavy doses of Tea Tree oil. you probably know all this shit. I'm sorry you're dealing with this shit man. fuck.

It's mill dew and mold.

I been disinfecting the basement but that shit ain't werking.

My frickin counselors that are supposed to be helping me get disabled housing are all pushing me towards werk and School and have missed 3 opportunities for housing.

Covid has people doing Chinese fire drills in the work place. Your leaving? How do I get your job so I can help people?
They laughed.

If you know I'm bat shit than why aren't you helping me properly? I would NEVER give up on someone who I've taken under my wing. Wtf?

I got 2 years of school already. I've had jobs. No one wants a crazy anti fascist in their werk space.
I need public frickin housing before I die in this moldy frickin basement.

In the time it took to write this my body and brain stopped itching. This fucking shit is effecting my mind.

The pungent odor goes up my nose and tickles my brain and it werks less. I'm going to fucking die.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23249 on: May 27, 2021, 07:14:27 AM »
Even my therapist were like.

Damn you been talking Nazis for about a decade. None of us saw it till the trump presidency.

I'm like so that's why you got me on all these wacky meds (I throw away).

So now that you see the scum and it finally effects you how does it feel? You feeling a little marginal? Are you in fear for your life?

Welcome to my world.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)