Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1884148 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23640 on: September 24, 2021, 07:27:20 PM »
Expand Quote
I just lost out on a part-time job opportunity today that would've lifted me right out of debt and would've been a big help to bring me the savings I need for a mortgage. An additional $10K I needed, gone.

And I lost it because I'm not fully vaccinated yet. They needed proof of a double vaccination right away.

And I didn't get fully vaccinated yet due to recent heart health/blood pressure issues, and also honestly, because my estranged wife (who now wants to divorce me partly because she thinks I'm poor) didn't want me to get vaccinated. She thought it would affect my sperm. She didn't think it was safe. She didn't get vaccinated. And I succumbed to that peer pressure, that fear.

The position won't budge for me. I got in touch with the higher-ups about it today, and the manager (who likes me) actually got upset with me for contacting them. The position will go to someone else and who knows if that opportunity will ever arise again.

Aside from developing my main career path, 2021 has been the absolute worst year on record.

But there's no point in chewing up my own sanity, wondering what could've been. I need to make do with what I have, look for new opportunities, and stay positive.
[close]

That’s fucken bullshit ay, I mean I got the shots but it was my choice
Mandates are bullshit

It’s so painful. I understand and respect the fact that mandates are in place, we want to be as safe as we can. But other similar positions here have a variety of alternate rules to account for those who aren’t fully vaccinated (regular testing, etc) and to let them work. This particular position though doesn’t allow for that. If I’d only gotten the vaccine two weeks earlier than I did, I’d be set.

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23641 on: September 25, 2021, 05:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just lost out on a part-time job opportunity today that would've lifted me right out of debt and would've been a big help to bring me the savings I need for a mortgage. An additional $10K I needed, gone.

And I lost it because I'm not fully vaccinated yet. They needed proof of a double vaccination right away.

And I didn't get fully vaccinated yet due to recent heart health/blood pressure issues, and also honestly, because my estranged wife (who now wants to divorce me partly because she thinks I'm poor) didn't want me to get vaccinated. She thought it would affect my sperm. She didn't think it was safe. She didn't get vaccinated. And I succumbed to that peer pressure, that fear.

The position won't budge for me. I got in touch with the higher-ups about it today, and the manager (who likes me) actually got upset with me for contacting them. The position will go to someone else and who knows if that opportunity will ever arise again.

Aside from developing my main career path, 2021 has been the absolute worst year on record.

But there's no point in chewing up my own sanity, wondering what could've been. I need to make do with what I have, look for new opportunities, and stay positive.
[close]

That’s fucken bullshit ay, I mean I got the shots but it was my choice
Mandates are bullshit
[close]

It’s so painful. I understand and respect the fact that mandates are in place, we want to be as safe as we can. But other similar positions here have a variety of alternate rules to account for those who aren’t fully vaccinated (regular testing, etc) and to let them work. This particular position though doesn’t allow for that. If I’d only gotten the vaccine two weeks earlier than I did, I’d be set.

Don’t stress, last year was a write off for everyone
We all bugging out here pandemics are heavy
Working theory is that everyone is stressed as fuck and cunts react differently
Helps me understand
Fuck this us vs them shit like the line in the sand with the vax
Everyone is bugging out mate it’s all good
listen to cosmic psychos

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #23642 on: September 27, 2021, 06:37:21 AM »
my overseas friend being overseas

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #23643 on: September 29, 2021, 05:19:36 AM »
Rolled my ankle on a shop vac hose at work yesterday.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #23644 on: September 29, 2021, 06:05:21 AM »
Had the worst anxiety issue ive ever had in my life, dont know how it got so bad but it manifested in me thinking life wasnt even real anymore and i was in fear of wrecking my car while driving everyday for 3 months, it was like a falling feeling and i was about to lose control and start having a seizure the feeling would subside once i got to work and home but then i noticed pain and tension in my chest, i realized it wasnt anything to do with my heart of lungs after going to the doctor but the feeling in my chest lasted so long, i think constantly looking at headline news stories and covid news threw me into this phase of compete chaos thinking and doubt of the future. It took 3 solid months to get over it by completely quit looking at any news in any form and stopped smoking weed even though i never smoked much. If anyone has anxiety that similar or worse i feel like you can over come it but it takes you trying to find the source of it and getting it off your mind first, i love skateboarding so much because when im skating it always made the anxiety die and i think if it wasnt for skating i would have fallen deeper into that pit of fear.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23645 on: September 29, 2021, 03:28:50 PM »
ear pimple

scary

• Rep: -7
« Reply #23646 on: September 30, 2021, 12:40:28 AM »
Gave my mom covid accidentally from going out and being a dummy thinking my double vax would save me. Shes been in the hospital for 5 days and finally is back home with an oxygen tank. Scary feeling having to check up on her every 20 minutes to make sure shes good.

Wouldn’t have a mom rn if she wasn’t vaxxed too, she got off relatively easy compared to some of the news stories I’ve been seeing. Get your shot everyone please

Mad Max

« Reply #23647 on: October 01, 2021, 01:38:12 PM »
Just saw Sam Narvaez (Krooked) tore her ACL and needs surgery.
Real shame. Hope she can raise the funds she needs for the operation because she has great style.
Can't believe how Americans have to resort to Go Fund Me for healthcare...

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-sam-get-emergency-acl-surgery?member=14319945&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

Clemskiba

• Rep: 50
  • almost canadian
« Reply #23648 on: October 01, 2021, 03:41:16 PM »
just broke the screen of my phone like a dumbass - that always hurts

We're all posting on a message board in 2022. We're all losers.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23649 on: October 01, 2021, 06:23:06 PM »
When you do a poo and it breaks off and there’s a tiny little piece of poo still in your arsehole and you struggle to get it out
listen to cosmic psychos

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23650 on: October 02, 2021, 07:14:09 PM »
^^Damn that is gnarly. Good luck dude. Also, have you considered switching to a job less dangerous? You've had some gnarly stories lately.

Got a new phone and Verizon kind of sucks.

They sold me what was supposed to be an amazing plan for North America. Ended up being bullshit, it is only a good plan in the USA, it sucks everywhere else. Now, I need to switch back to my old cell provider.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23651 on: October 02, 2021, 08:41:29 PM »
Yeah bro that company sounds suss as I’m not having a go at you personally and I get it like people want shit to work out and you can fully overlook stuff in that pursuit

You don’t wanna work just to get smoked mate
You wanna work so you can live

You’re better than this mate
Nobody ever gets paid to stick around
You get paid to leave mate
listen to cosmic psychos

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #23652 on: October 02, 2021, 09:40:31 PM »
Yeah bro that company sounds suss as I’m not having a go at you personally and I get it like people want shit to work out and you can fully overlook stuff in that pursuit

You don’t wanna work just to get smoked mate
You wanna work so you can live

You’re better than this mate
Nobody ever gets paid to stick around
You get paid to leave mate

Nah man I completely understand, and have completely written off sticking around long term. Unfortunately my hands are tied until we close on this house we’re getting, but that puts me out until early next year at the soonest.

But I’m updating my resume and looking at new places closer to where I’m moving to.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #23653 on: October 03, 2021, 05:15:43 AM »
my favourite wallie bin got removed from a plaza and im fuckin pissed

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23654 on: October 03, 2021, 05:33:07 PM »
All you cunts in la need to get down to Huntington today and help clean up what the actual fuck
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23655 on: October 03, 2021, 11:03:22 PM »
There’s Covid cunts in Qld and some of the boys were at the gf last night

They won’t say it but I reckon we’re gonna let her rip
Thank fuck I got those two shots, fuck it
listen to cosmic psychos

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23656 on: October 04, 2021, 02:39:52 AM »
the weather

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #23657 on: October 04, 2021, 12:08:54 PM »
Been having massive phone issues too.  Basically, AT&T scammed me out of my trade in phone.  They ran a promotion about 6 months ago that sounded too good to be true.  I should have known better, but I gave in and switched from Verizon for what was promised to be a $700 trade in.

They were supposed to ship a return box, which of course never came.  You have 30 days for them to receive your phone.  Called several times to get the box…”it’s in the mail, any day now”.  Finally they email me a return label and tell me to send it myself.  Big red flag, but I send it anyway.  Tracking shows it’s shipped, then disappears.  I call with all the tracking info, “yeah I don’t know what to tell you”.  Finally speak to someone who says it was shipped to the wrong facility; no worries it’s getting shipped to the right one and credit will be applied in one week.  A week later, no credit.  Call again, agent has no idea what I’m talking about.  On the phone for a couple hours.  No problem, we’ll honor your trade in. 

You can probably guess where this is going.  3 more cycles of the same when I’m finally contacted by some kind of manager.  Acts like it’s my fault, but “as a courtesy we’ll honor your full trade in on the next billing cycle. A couple months go by, and low and behold, no credit.  I find a message board thread with hundreds of other people going through the same scam. 

Finally file a complaint with the BBB and get contacted immediately.  Email the guy and say that I’ll only talk via email so I can have a record of our convo.  Of course the guy calls me and leaves a message saying he can’t speak over email for some reason.  Over it, so I give up and don’t call the guy back.  Got an email today saying that credit will show up on the next billing cycle.  Looking forward to having to do all of this again in a month. 

At this point it’s not even about the value of the phone, but the audacity of such a large company doing this shit.  (I know there is probably some shady subcontractor involved, but still, they have to answer to ATT). 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #23658 on: October 04, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »
Bought a pair of shoes off of Depop last week and when I got them they had no insoles. Idk if I got took yet so I messaged them thinking it could somehow be an accident. I also don’t think I care enough to report them since I got some blazers for $35.

Karma always comes to those who deceive.   

chocosnewlife

• Rep: 0
« Reply #23659 on: October 04, 2021, 07:18:55 PM »
The simpsons and people who still watch new episodes. Anything past season 7 really.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #23660 on: October 04, 2021, 07:35:17 PM »
The simpsons and people who still watch new episodes. Anything past season 7 really.

I feel like up to season ten still has pretty funny stuff. Maybe even season 12. But who even still watches it? I can't imagine kids giving a shit and old people would have to get nothing out of it now.
There's so much adult animation now and it all kind of sucks.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23661 on: October 05, 2021, 07:28:54 AM »
mini coopers. post malone. whatever the trendy ig comments are at the moment

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #23662 on: October 05, 2021, 08:20:38 AM »
Bought a pair of shoes off of Depop last week and when I got them they had no insoles. Idk if I got took yet so I messaged them thinking it could somehow be an accident. I also don’t think I care enough to report them since I got some blazers for $35.

Some dude did that to me here on Slap. Dude never answered my messages after.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
« Reply #23663 on: October 05, 2021, 08:41:17 AM »
mini coopers. post malone. whatever the trendy ig comments are at the moment
LFG!!!

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23664 on: October 05, 2021, 01:44:09 PM »
Bastard boss isn't letting me have my second week of vacation. Says I don't have enough hours and he won't just let me not get paid for the rest of the week or advance me the hours. He could do either one of those two things but he's not letting me. He's effectively stealing half of my vacation.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23665 on: October 06, 2021, 06:14:20 AM »
multiple days of fire alarm testing in a row at the shit building i live in

sketchyrider

« Reply #23666 on: October 06, 2021, 06:17:03 AM »

reminds me of the time i asked if anyone here had any used 149's with no bent axles and dude sent me a set with some bent ass axles

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23667 on: October 07, 2021, 10:20:31 PM »
Fucking classic, I been at this new job for about a week just doing bathroom walls and they got two diff colour schemes for different units for these feature tiles

First unit I did only had a couple boxes of tiles loaded so when I used them instead of calling somebody I just went and grabbed some more, I was probably stoned or just autopilot and I’m telling you they look fucking similar

Bossman came up this morning and said mate you gotta fix this ASAP ay

Absolutely fucking mortified, had to rip three tiles out and a cut one and sort it out

As a general rule, ripping tiles up that you laid= epic fail

Even worse in a fucking bathroom. Glad it wasn’t in the shower cubicle

Works finished, going home now and I can see the funny side of it if there is one
Well at least I no longer feel like crying lmao
Fuck it, didn’t get sacked but!

Edit

This may have not been clear but the two diff feature tiles were the same, just one was two shades lighter
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 01:34:11 AM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23668 on: October 07, 2021, 11:08:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like up to season ten still has pretty funny stuff. Maybe even season 12. But who even still watches it? I can't imagine kids giving a shit and old people would have to get nothing out of it now.
I still watch them. I don't expect anything to stay the same or else it would be stagnant. If I want to watch old episodes, I have all of them cataloged on a harddrive. I would have actually lost interest if they tried to keep to a formula instead of maturing and progressing.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #23669 on: October 08, 2021, 12:42:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I still watch them. I don't expect anything to stay the same or else it would be stagnant. If I want to watch old episodes, I have all of them cataloged on a harddrive. I would have actually lost interest if they tried to keep to a formula instead of maturing and progressing.

That's cool but for those same reasons are why I generally prefer British style television over american. Instead of making a million episodes of The Simpsons or big bang or the office etc they will make 4-12 episodes of a show then work on another project so it doesn't really get stale.
I think the longest running British sitcom is peep show and it's 9 seasons of six episodes each made over something like 14 years.