Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1884859 times)

DeepSpace9mm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 100
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23700 on: October 22, 2021, 06:16:44 PM »
My car was broken into today while I was at work. It was parked in a pay parking garage that is patrolled and monitored with cameras. This is the same garage that I regularly park at for work. I also regularly get kicked out, nearly instantly, for skating.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #23701 on: October 24, 2021, 10:07:21 AM »
skating back from the dollar store and saw a dead squirrel next to the road. looks like it was shocked stiff from a faulty wire

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23702 on: October 24, 2021, 11:34:10 AM »

My friend and I are sick. We’re both vaccinated. She tested positive and I tested negative. I have sore throat, fever, cold sweats, can’t sleep, diarrhea and loss of appetite. Perhaps a false negative? If I die I want to buried face down to switch things up. Plz respect my final wishes.

Covid or not, get well soon.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23703 on: October 24, 2021, 04:18:59 PM »
I'm up to 280 pounds. I don't really know how. I eat a lot, sure, but I'm also very physically active. Good news is I still don't look like I'm that heavy. My doctor thought it was a mistake when she saw my BMI and I had to explain to her I've always been heavier than I look before she accepted it. I've got to do some real dieting. I don't wanna cut out my sugary bevs, but it looks like I gotta. I just love soda and juice so fucking much.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #23704 on: October 24, 2021, 04:37:18 PM »
I'm up to 280 pounds. I don't really know how. I eat a lot, sure, but I'm also very physically active. Good news is I still don't look like I'm that heavy. My doctor thought it was a mistake when she saw my BMI and I had to explain to her I've always been heavier than I look before she accepted it. I've got to do some real dieting. I don't wanna cut out my sugary bevs, but it looks like I gotta. I just love soda and juice so fucking much.

Seltzer and unsweetened iced tea are the move. My wife brought a 2 liter of coke into the house today for her father and I and I drank 2/3rds of the shit like nothing. You gotta shut it down. I prefer coke over beer, but I don’t keep either in the house or they would be gone immediately.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23705 on: October 24, 2021, 05:35:55 PM »
Don't do diet soda either. I know plenty of people who think it's a viable replacement, but the chemical bath you're ingesting isn't a healthy substitute.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23706 on: October 24, 2021, 06:02:29 PM »
This shit is crazy

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #23707 on: October 24, 2021, 06:50:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seltzer and unsweetened iced tea are the move. My wife brought a 2 liter of coke into the house today for her father and I and I drank 2/3rds of the shit like nothing. You gotta shut it down. I prefer coke over beer, but I don’t keep either in the house or they would be gone immediately.

Fuck same shit here. Usually I restrict myself to a can of coke or Pepsi a day max (when I'm doing good a can every 5 days) but for some reason I had a 2L coke in the fridge and drank the whole thing in one sitting not paying attention while watching tv. It's just how my body/brain works.

280 is around the heaviest I ever was but that years after my insane beverage days. Used to have a 2L coke, 2 500ml purple rockstars, 6 Carlton's Or Budweiser's, and two 750ml ice breaks(ice coffee drink you can get in Aus) every day. 
I swear this shit stays with you for life. I got mad fat years after I stopped this bullshit

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23708 on: October 24, 2021, 08:29:13 PM »
when i was like 19-20 i drank 3l a day consistently. root beer grape etc. sugar addiction beverage or not has been a hard battle my whole life. gotta just force yourself to stop

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23709 on: October 24, 2021, 11:07:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fuck same shit here. Usually I restrict myself to a can of coke or Pepsi a day max (when I'm doing good a can every 5 days) but for some reason I had a 2L coke in the fridge and drank the whole thing in one sitting not paying attention while watching tv. It's just how my body/brain works.

280 is around the heaviest I ever was but that years after my insane beverage days. Used to have a 2L coke, 2 500ml purple rockstars, 6 Carlton's Or Budweiser's, and two 750ml ice breaks(ice coffee drink you can get in Aus) every day. 
I swear this shit stays with you for life. I got mad fat years after I stopped this bullshit

100%

I used to rape those big purple rockstars!
It’s a lot of calories, hey

Like Garden Skater said, you full can’t have that shit in the house
It’s so easy if you haven’t got it around, but having that shit in the pantry just fucks me

One of my mates is super disciplined about his body, looks amazing and all that and when we go shooting he buys all this crap like pizza shapes, chips and all that, fucking chows down

Everyone loves that sort of food bro, it’s just like trying to not have it all the time

Alcohol and those sweet drinks are just empty calories
You full don’t realise it cause it doesn’t fill you up but it’s all just a numbers game imo

Got told when I was a kid gotta eat all the time or you go into starvation mode
I don’t think that’s 100% false but also, if you count calories you probably won’t go wrong

Also, fuck counting calories, just cut out the sugary drinks see how that goes, it’s deadset the lowest hanging fruit for all of us
listen to cosmic psychos

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #23710 on: October 24, 2021, 11:19:44 PM »
Eating the worlds hottest peppers before bed because it’s the only thing that gives me peace after the death of my closest friend. Hard to get lost in my thoughts when I’m already crying from eating something too hot for me.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23711 on: October 25, 2021, 06:35:59 AM »
Finally got my MRI results for my back after almost a month of waiting.

Two herniated discs. Extrusion on L4-L5 which compresses the nerve root, and protrusion on L5-S1 which also rubs slightly on the nerve root.

Explains a lot concerning my back pain.

I have good days and bad days, lately everything was going really good, even thought about going for a small skate sesh the other day, but this morning my back’s a major bitch. Don’t know if it’s because it started freezing at night or the humidity or I slept funny or what, but I’m kinda fucked today. I’m actually thinking of leaving work as to not hurt it further.

It always seems to come back when I’m inactive, I’ve been a bit sick lately and haven’t done BJJ or stretched in a week, that might be why.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23712 on: October 27, 2021, 02:36:15 AM »
I always do this thing on my phone where I look up a movie on IMDb then open the other recommended movies in new tabs. Then each of those movies has similar movies I open in new tabs and so on and so on.
Then I have to go thru and try to gauge if I actually want to watch the movie. then try to find what it's playing on.
It takes fucking hours and I get over it and now I have like 80 tabs of movies I can't be bothered to look thru.
I can just close all the tabs but I know I'll do it again in a week.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23713 on: October 29, 2021, 10:37:58 AM »
hallway smells like vomit

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #23714 on: October 29, 2021, 04:41:34 PM »
Had a decent skate routine going at the beginning on the summer. Started feeling decent on my board and was getting tricks I haven't done in years. The last few months have been the complete opposite though. I miss skating a lot, just haven't made time for it and I'm feeling bummed.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23715 on: October 29, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »
Finally got my MRI results for my back after almost a month of waiting.

Two herniated discs. Extrusion on L4-L5 which compresses the nerve root, and protrusion on L5-S1 which also rubs slightly on the nerve root.

Explains a lot concerning my back pain.

I have good days and bad days, lately everything was going really good, even thought about going for a small skate sesh the other day, but this morning my back’s a major bitch. Don’t know if it’s because it started freezing at night or the humidity or I slept funny or what, but I’m kinda fucked today. I’m actually thinking of leaving work as to not hurt it further.

It always seems to come back when I’m inactive, I’ve been a bit sick lately and haven’t done BJJ or stretched in a week, that might be why.

Forgive my ignorance, but is this something a chiropractor can alleviate through manipulations?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23716 on: October 31, 2021, 05:58:59 AM »
Fucken trick or treaters. im in Aus and Halloween isn't really a thing here.

Well not the kids themselves they don't know any better but the fucking parents that go out with their kids.how do they not notice they are the only ones out doing this shit. It's not like an American movie where the streets are full of kids in costume and all the houses are decorated it's literally just one family walking around annoying every house. Also you're like fucking 45 years old and it's never occured to you that nobody else goes out.

I have one friend who took his kids last year and didn't see why it's weird. When I asked him what he gave to kids who came to his house he was just like "huh?" Like literally didn't get why it's fucked he goes around asking for stuff but never even considered handing out stuff at his own house.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #23717 on: October 31, 2021, 08:58:55 AM »
Fucken trick or treaters. im in Aus and Halloween isn't really a thing here.

Well not the kids themselves they don't know any better but the fucking parents that go out with their kids.how do they not notice they are the only ones out doing this shit. It's not like an American movie where the streets are full of kids in costume and all the houses are decorated it's literally just one family walking around annoying every house. Also you're like fucking 45 years old and it's never occured to you that nobody else goes out.

I have one friend who took his kids last year and didn't see why it's weird. When I asked him what he gave to kids who came to his house he was just like "huh?" Like literally didn't get why it's fucked he goes around asking for stuff but never even considered handing out stuff at his own house.

Lol

Man trick or treaters are such a pain in the ass

Sunday evening ruined getting up and down after to answer the door every 5 minutes. 4 day hangover doesn't help

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #23718 on: October 31, 2021, 07:19:29 PM »
Knee surgery on the 5th for plica knee symptom which is causing arthritis. It's going to be two months before I can just roll around again.

Like they say “New year, new knee” or something like that..

Good luck on your surgery and godspeed on your journey to relief, PuffinMuffin

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23719 on: November 01, 2021, 03:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Knee surgery on the 5th for plica knee symptom which is causing arthritis. It's going to be two months before I can just roll around again.
[close]

Like they say “New year, new knee” or something like that..

Good luck on your surgery and godspeed on your journey to relief, PuffinMuffin

I second that, hopefully you’ll be shredding again in the new year. Look at it like this: Better to be out during the Winter and be back in action come Spring than the other way round…
why come?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23720 on: November 02, 2021, 12:19:15 PM »
So I've got this family friend who claims to love skateboarding and has been doing it for decades. He brings it up as a talking point whenever he sees me and wants to bro down about it. Problem is he's a long boarder. And not the sick bomb mountain streets type, but the college kid who looks like he's never stepped on the thing type. He's a nice dude, but just so clueless that I always find myself stepping on eggshells when talking to him as to not offend him. He doesn't recognize the difference between a skateshop and a surfshop that sells longboards. Once he asked me why do short boarders ride such little hard wheels and where do they get them from? Again, this guy has been doing this for 20 years. He also says he wants to skate with me. Basically I'm tip toeing around the fact that we are not the same. I think it would make me sound like an elitist. And I think skating with him would not be what I want to do or what he imagines it to be. It feels like such a first world distinction to make too. Whatever. I never wanna be that exclusionary guy. I should probs just go out with him. He might surprise me with some high speed shenanigans. It's not as if I skate all the time and so we're going to have some sort of insurmountable gulf between us skill wise. I just feel weird about it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:20:43 PM by L33Tg33k »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23721 on: November 02, 2021, 01:11:00 PM »
So I've got this family friend who claims to love skateboarding and has been doing it for decades. He brings it up as a talking point whenever he sees me and wants to bro down about it. Problem is he's a long boarder. And not the sick bomb mountain streets type, but the college kid who looks like he's never stepped on the thing type. He's a nice dude, but just so clueless that I always find myself stepping on eggshells when talking to him as to not offend him. He doesn't recognize the difference between a skateshop and a surfshop that sells longboards. Once he asked me why do short boarders ride such little hard wheels and where do they get them from? Again, this guy has be doing this for 20 years. He also says he wants to skate with me. Basically I'm tip toeing around the fact that we are not the same. I think it would make me sound like an elitist. And I think skating with him would not be what I want to do or what he imagines it to be. It feels like such a first world distinction to make too. Whatever. I never wanna be that exclusionary guy. I should probs just go out with him. He might surprise me with some high speed shenanigans. It's not as if I skate all the time and so we're going to have some sort of insurmountable gulf between us skill wise. I just feel weird about it.

I used to go to a lot of jam band shows and was always skating around parking lots pre or post show, trying to get a session going on jersey barriers or whatever there was to skate. Long boarders often tried to kick it with the whole "we're a skateboard brotherhood" schtick and it was pretty insufferable (maybe 3x show because it was on a jam band lot). It's like the only time I've ever wanted to say "do a kickflip."

for me, it gets into the skateboarding as a way of life (influences state of mind, can be all encompassing for extended periods, shifts perception of social norms, use of space, visual representations etc) v skateboarding as a low impact hobby. both can be cool and fun, but it's hard to get on both tracks.

who knows, maybe it will be fun. get high or something and see how it pans out. bring a real board for him to try in a parking lot!
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
« Reply #23722 on: November 02, 2021, 01:31:03 PM »
If you do skate with him, it might convince him that you're not on the same level and he might get embarrassed and not try and suggest it any more. That's happened to me before when longboard acquaintances want to tag along

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
« Reply #23723 on: November 02, 2021, 01:50:02 PM »
armed stand off with sheriffs 3 houses down this dirt road  :o

this is a kinda gnarly tumble down shack where the people, who got popped for selling H and meth a couple years back, have been splitting wood for a living. Past few months I've seen some heavier in and out foot traffic than usual. Doesn't really bother me, just hope the people can make it, you know what I mean?

4th armed standoff since august within a 3 mile space. hopefully no one gets shot today.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #23724 on: November 02, 2021, 04:57:05 PM »
Consistent physical and emotional pain , gotta love it

live, laugh, love

« Reply #23725 on: November 02, 2021, 06:20:41 PM »
Verizon took a shit over here a couple hours ago. Phone, internet, the whole 9. I'm nearly Amish up in this piece. Only a less hardworking alcoholic version.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23726 on: November 03, 2021, 09:31:57 AM »
how are you posting then. does data still work

live, laugh, love

« Reply #23727 on: November 03, 2021, 05:12:30 PM »
how are you posting then. does data still work

Yeah I had data to work with. Everything came back on this morning.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #23728 on: November 05, 2021, 08:36:26 PM »
Work buddy left his bag in the front seat as he hit the ATM after work today; window was bipped and the bag was gone in seconds. $4000 worth of equipment. He knew better. Welcome to Oakland. Hope he doesn’t lose his job, he’s a good guy.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23729 on: November 06, 2021, 02:17:51 AM »
I bought the wife a kitchen aid to make bread dough but now she has developed a passion for baking marvellous cakes, muffins and such. All good but I am on a diet not trying to eat any of that sweet stuff.  :'(
why come?