Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1886212 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23910 on: January 03, 2022, 08:33:27 PM »
hope all you guys with covid recover swiftly!

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #23911 on: January 03, 2022, 10:38:19 PM »
COVID surge is getting so crazy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-04/u-s-sets-new-global-daily-record-of-over-1-million-virus-cases

"U.S. Sets Global Daily Record of Over 1 Million Virus Cases..."

At this rate, it just feels inevitable. Stay safe everyone

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #23912 on: January 04, 2022, 08:14:18 AM »
Another COVID lockdown for my city and it's the dead of winter so there's nothing I can do besides go for a short walk every day. GF is moving out of the country in 2 months and I can't decide if it's worth trying do long distance or to end things before then. Struggling to find any positives in my day to day

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #23913 on: January 04, 2022, 11:11:11 AM »
Another COVID lockdown for my city and it's the dead of winter so there's nothing I can do besides go for a short walk every day. GF is moving out of the country in 2 months and I can't decide if it's worth trying do long distance or to end things before then. Struggling to find any positives in my day to day

Stay safe and hopefully the lock down ends soon! re: your gf, Is she planning to come back or leaving indefinitely?

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #23914 on: January 04, 2022, 11:32:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stay safe and hopefully the lock down ends soon! re: your gf, Is she planning to come back or leaving indefinitely?
Indefinitely. It's a bit of a tricky situation. We met in Canada (where I live) a year and a half ago, she had recently moved from Brooklyn. Having friends and fam in Brooklyn myself, coupled with both of us being super bummed on our jobs, we agreed to move to Brooklyn in the new year. I'm a dual citizen so I can afford to do that without having a job lined up that would sponsor me. Then in November I got a new job here in Canada that isn't so bad and pays really good for the industry I'm in. I'm not optimistic I could find the same level of job in Brooklyn with 0 contacts there so now I have cold feet while she's still going to move - she has better friends there and could get a better job. It sucks thinking we might have to split simply because of where we want to live because everything else is solid in the relationship.

GliderSkateboards

« Reply #23915 on: January 04, 2022, 11:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Indefinitely. It's a bit of a tricky situation. We met in Canada (where I live) a year and a half ago, she had recently moved from Brooklyn. Having friends and fam in Brooklyn myself, coupled with both of us being super bummed on our jobs, we agreed to move to Brooklyn in the new year. I'm a dual citizen so I can afford to do that without having a job lined up that would sponsor me. Then in November I got a new job here in Canada that isn't so bad and pays really good for the industry I'm in. I'm not optimistic I could find the same level of job in Brooklyn with 0 contacts there so now I have cold feet while she's still going to move - she has better friends there and could get a better job. It sucks thinking we might have to split simply because of where we want to live because everything else is solid in the relationship.

Damn, I see, tricky/tough situation for sure and sounds like one of you will have to bite the bullet for the other to make it work... Hope you guys make the best decision for yourselves and each other

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23916 on: January 04, 2022, 01:04:55 PM »
My doctor told me to start using my CPAP machine or I'm gonna die. Not in so many words but the urgency with which he and the sleep department called me, it could be interpreted as such. They say my apnea is extremely severe. Emphasis their's.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23917 on: January 04, 2022, 02:42:10 PM »
My doctor told me to start using my CPAP machine or I'm gonna die. Not in so many words but the urgency with which he and the sleep department called me, it could be interpreted as such. They say my apnea is extremely severe. Emphasis their's.

yo that sucks, i'm sorry :(

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23918 on: January 04, 2022, 10:14:03 PM »

Sorry to hear. Def don't get addicted to lean, that's how Pimp C died.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #23919 on: January 05, 2022, 12:05:07 AM »
I've basically given up at work. I just don't care anymore, about anything. My boss will not allow a single person in the company to do anything without his approval, and whenever someone tries to make a decision in order to move their work forward, they get yelled at by this man for trying to put him out of business... however, the problem is that he arrives usually at around 4pm and he's almost always "too busy" to answer any questions from anyone. Anyone ever worked for a person like this? An absent micro-manager.

Unfortunately, I am waiting on some government paperwork that I need in order to stay in my country but the office has been backed up for months due to COVID so the soonest I was able to get an appointment is March. I even hired a lawyer to try to push up my appointment but they had no luck. I need to keep this job until I have this paperwork in hand, then I can start looking for something else.

Every day is a fucking drag.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23920 on: January 05, 2022, 04:24:24 PM »
Sounds like it will all be over soon enough. Think about how nice it will be when this unfortunate job situation is all behind you and hang in there.

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #23921 on: January 05, 2022, 04:31:55 PM »
Life...

I feel very alone, I have a hard time going to work, and I can't connect with my girlfriend, whom I live with. It's becoming increasingly hard for me to go skate or even relish the thought of it. I'm going to therapy and trying to take anti-depressants regularly but it doesn't seem to help.

I feel like quitting my job and moving back to my hometown. Just to see if I can wipe the slate clean.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #23922 on: January 06, 2022, 01:31:44 AM »
Window shopping on a few skate shop sites and have realised Ive pretty much been priced out of skateboarding. I guess 2022 might have to be use up everything I already have/don't buy anything as a goal.

Literally have no food at my place it's pouring rain and covids going nutso. Drank like 6 cans of Pepsi today so already failed a 2022 objective but I'm still hungry, got heartburn and am burping up gross Pepsi foam. Boo and hoo

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #23923 on: January 06, 2022, 03:22:37 AM »
Sounds like it will all be over soon enough. Think about how nice it will be when this unfortunate job situation is all behind you and hang in there.

Thanks man.

Luckily, today is the start of a long holiday weekend... I spent the morning drinking coffee and cleaning my house (something I actually like doing). I'm meeting a friend tomorrow for some drinks and maybe to eat some eels which is one of my new favorite foods. Then headed up to the mountains for 2 days of snow. I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23924 on: January 06, 2022, 03:12:39 PM »
My car is frickin evil. The car stereo speakers stopped working on the Lynn way. I looked at the odometer and it was at 666.6 when I bought the car It was at 151,666. The frickin registry put the wrong numbers into the registration. The 3rd number was off. I went back they fucked up my address. Now I don't got the frickin title.
I skated at lynch for about 45 mins it felt like I was there all day. I had to drive around for about 3 hrs before I got there. I felt like a kook because everyone was on their ventures an I was in my aces. It was definitely warm enough to turn today. I walked into a covid punk house. I had a mask but I'm kinda tripping. I'm vaxxed we'll see what happens.

I got some tricks that were really frickin fun. I felt myself hella stylee after I burned down. My switch step hops are second to none rn. I was pretending to be Ray like I was 11 again and I suddenly remembered the covid house after I ate a quarter pound of shaved roast beef and oj mid session.

I'm fucking dying but at least I'm on my board. OH NO!! Im at the skate park I can't die here. Legacy over. One more switch 360 on the bank. One more. In a line. Ok I gotta do the line then I can go die at home I guess. Did a Marathon line. Two to make it true then I exit the park with a line into the street. After a smoke. No I shouldn't smoke I got covid for sure.

I don't remember my last trick into the street was likely nollie back 80.

I did all the 180s on three obstacles tody but some I whiffed for sure.

After the park I'm on the Lynn way just passed wonderland going into Lynn before the GE and the radio starts working again pretty much right where it shut off on the way out to Boston.

I didn't look that the odometer so I have no idea if that was Evol or frickin the ge.

People we're talking about evil stuff on the radio. I changed that shit to classical and chilled the fuck out.

Which trick is doper

Switch impossible
Switch front foot impossible or Fakie impossible

I have no idea what I was talking about earlier
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ra the weak man

• Rep: -51
« Reply #23925 on: January 06, 2022, 06:37:28 PM »
My car is frickin evil. The car stereo speakers stopped working on the Lynn way. I looked at the odometer and it was at 666.6 when I bought the car It was at 151,666. The frickin registry put the wrong numbers into the registration. The 3rd number was off. I went back they fucked up my address. Now I don't got the frickin title.
I skated at lynch for about 45 mins it felt like I was there all day. I had to drive around for about 3 hrs before I got there. I felt like a kook because everyone was on their ventures an I was in my aces. It was definitely warm enough to turn today. I walked into a covid punk house. I had a mask but I'm kinda tripping. I'm vaxxed we'll see what happens.

I got some tricks that were really frickin fun. I felt myself hella stylee after I burned down. My switch step hops are second to none rn. I was pretending to be Ray like I was 11 again and I suddenly remembered the covid house after I ate a quarter pound of shaved roast beef and oj mid session.

I'm fucking dying but at least I'm on my board. OH NO!! Im at the skate park I can't die here. Legacy over. One more switch 360 on the bank. One more. In a line. Ok I gotta do the line then I can go die at home I guess. Did a Marathon line. Two to make it true then I exit the park with a line into the street. After a smoke. No I shouldn't smoke I got covid for sure.

After the park I'm on the Lynn way just passed wonderland going into Lynn before the GE and the radio starts working again pretty much right where it shut off on the way out to Boston.

I didn't look that the odometer so I have no idea if that was Evol or frickin the ge.

People we're talking about evil stuff on the radio. I changed that shit to classical and chilled the fuck out.

Which trick is doper

Switch impossible

definitely sw impossible or fakie impossible. front foot is for nerds. hate to be the new yr's grinch but if you haven't had 2 boosters, you're not vascinated.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23926 on: January 06, 2022, 06:53:58 PM »
Expand Quote

Which trick is doper

Switch impossible

[close]
definitely sw impossible or fakie impossible. front foot is for nerds. hate to be the new yr's grinch but if you haven't had 2 boosters, you're not vascinated.

Damn.

I get my booster in a few days.
(A)pl(E)

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23927 on: January 07, 2022, 12:12:53 AM »
Don't worry, I don't think he's exactly Dr. Fauci.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #23928 on: January 07, 2022, 05:37:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Which trick is doper

Switch impossible

[close]
[close]

Damn.

I get my booster in a few days.

Hey bftr if I'm reading this right (haha) you're a little sketched because you were exposed to someone with covid? If you were both wearing masks and it was fairly brief you should be good. Remember, isolation and masking are how you made it through the year before the vaccines came out. I would probably go get a test just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Not stoked about waking up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain, with my stomach feeling like someone was stabbing me from inside. At first I thought it was just gas and I would just go take a dump or fart it away, but as soon as I stood up to go to the bathroom shit got bad. I couldn't really walk because of the pain and I started dry heaving violently. I hadn't eaten anything for hours so there wasn't really anything to bring up. Eventually I got some blood and bile up. I was shivering, pouring sweat but freezing cold, muscles were aching and I couldn't extend them, and I heaved so hard that I pulled something in my back. Basically I thought I either had the flu or some kind of super flurona or something, but it did mostly resolve after hours of puking and shitting so I'm leaning towards food poisoning. Definitely some sort of bacterial infection... It reminded me of getting "cotton fever" from my junkie days but way way more intense.

I genuinely thought I was going to die last night and probably would have called an ambulance if it got any worse. It was one of the scarier moments I've had in a long time and I'm a little sketched out still. I kept trying to convince myself that it wasn't blood and rather some leftover gummy fish but when I went back to puke the 3rd or 4th time what was in the bowl had oxidized. I'm feeling pretty much fine now, but I'm definitely going to sit down with the attending doc at work tomorrow and ask her what she thinks and if it may have been a warning sign for something or just a really gnarly ass case of food poisoning.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23929 on: January 07, 2022, 05:55:53 AM »
@Buttfart Rapedick

that's fucked up, hope it's nothing wild!

tried to get boosterd unsuccessfully two times in a row now due to faulty website information. but hopefully i got one lined up tomorrow. you can't make actual appointments, it's just show up and wait. but the website had the wrong times for both places. pretty dumb. i kind of don't want to go out a lot lest i get my booster.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23930 on: January 07, 2022, 04:17:19 PM »
Some asshole came into work knowing that he has covid. Fucked up. I don't know if he's stupid, selfish, or both.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23931 on: January 07, 2022, 04:19:21 PM »
Some asshole came into work knowing he has covid. Fucked up. I don't know if he's stupid, selfish, or both.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23932 on: January 07, 2022, 04:42:47 PM »
Lost my wallet in the snow. I was working doing snow removal. It's a hard hit. My ID my bank card my food stamps card my receipts for my amp head and my receipt with my tattoo money was in there.

Photos $60 .

The wallet was one of a kind. I made it out of old patch pants and have had it for like 20 years.

I went back to every place we shoveled today and it was no good.

I didn't make very much when the $60 loss is considered.

I feel like shit. I an really going to feel those missing cards this weekend. I'm going to frickin bed. That was a hard hit and I'm frickin starving. I don't have the energy for this.

I have one hope that it fell in the work garage. I'm going to check tomorrow. Maybe some customer will pick it up and do the right thing. Doubt it because the address on the front is old. There's my new one taped to the back of the id but idk.

Frickin sucks. 
(A)pl(E)

ra the weak man

• Rep: -51
« Reply #23933 on: January 07, 2022, 05:57:03 PM »
Some asshole came into work knowing he has covid. Fucked up. I don't know if he's stupid, selfish, or both.
heard you the first time

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23934 on: January 07, 2022, 06:17:30 PM »
Australia was doing so good with covid for so long and now completely fucked it.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23935 on: January 07, 2022, 10:48:12 PM »
Australia was doing so good with covid for so long and now completely fucked it.

What changed? Aus's spike is insane.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23936 on: January 07, 2022, 11:01:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't even know for sure. It's was just like people got lazy and the idiots won. But I can't even say fully lazy because Aus had really good vaccine rates. It's gotta be a bit to do Xmas/ new year's everyone going travelling etc. I even did groceries yesterday and there's people not wearing masks again. It's feels like scoring an own goal right before full time.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #23937 on: January 08, 2022, 01:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I don't even know for sure. It's was just like people got lazy and the idiots won. But I can't even say fully lazy because Aus had really good vaccine rates. It's gotta be a bit to do Xmas/ new year's everyone going travelling etc. I even did groceries yesterday and there's people not wearing masks again. It's feels like scoring an own goal right before full time.

Omicron is much more transmissible than prior variants, so exponential growth happens very quickly. Covid vaccines are great for protecting you, but not the greatest at stopping transmission and we're far enough into this now that a lot of people are out of date or nearing the end of the efficacy window on their shots without realizing it. This is why masking and properly isolating is so imperative right now.

In a sense we're incredibly lucky because the increased transmissibility has come with a lower incidence of severe disease. All the more reason to get it right this time, because next variant we might not be so lucky.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23938 on: January 08, 2022, 02:18:03 AM »
Lost my wallet in the snow. I was working doing snow removal. It's a hard hit. My ID my bank card my food stamps card my receipts for my amp head and my receipt with my tattoo money was in there.

Photos $60 .

The wallet was one of a kind. I made it out of old patch pants and have had it for like 20 years.

I feel like shit. I an really going to feel those missing cards this weekend. I'm going to frickin bed. That was a hard hit and I'm frickin starving. I don't have the energy for this.

I have one hope that it fell in the work garage. I'm going to check tomorrow. Maybe some customer will pick it up and do the right thing. Doubt it because the address on the front is old. There's my new one taped to the back of the id but idk.

Frickin sucks.

Flea, you are one of the best posters on the slap massage boards. It sucks to lose your wallet. Keep your head up.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23939 on: January 08, 2022, 02:40:33 AM »
Expand Quote

Photos $60 .

Frickin sucks.
[close]

Flea, you are one of the best posters on the slap massage boards. It sucks to lose your wallet. Keep your head up.

Thanks
(A)pl(E)