Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1886170 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24000 on: January 20, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »
Had two TVs die last year. Just in the middle of watching something screen goes black and then tv won't turn on again.
Now 3rd tv has a fucking weird grid on the screen. About every inch I can see a kinda transparent line.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24001 on: January 20, 2022, 09:34:14 PM »
This is heart breaking. I frickin loved my Missy grrl. I saved her and her sister Chaco taco in 2007 or 8. They was like already over a year old. Severely abused cats. Especially Missy. She was their least favorite of the two. I can’t understand the mentality at all. Animal abusers make my chest hurt thinking about them. Both these cats are the sweetest girls. Missy was definitely my favorite. I managed to keep a roof over my head by the skin of my teeth specifically so the cats would be safe because after what I’ve witnessed I would never ever trust someone with my cats.

Missy was attached to me all the time. On my hip or on my knee purring away. Taco preference is my shoulders to purch on.

Poor Taco’s looking for her sister. Missy is in the garage in a box and it’s too cold to break ground in the yard. It breaks my heart and makes me cry a little but I’m going to have to take her to the dump tomorrow.

It makes me cry kinda a lot.

People who don’t know me know me are like wtf? I didn’t think (af) had the ability to cry and over an old cat too.

My brother and I ain’t getting along. I can see he’s staying out of range because he knows. Back in the day this would be a reason to go nuts and go homeless or to the hospital leaving a trail of broken people who been picking at me.

Picking at me he has been for about a year.

I’m not trying to teach this round of kids to act like that.

I’ve learned my lesson. I don’t do violence anymore.

I’m going to miss my cat so bad.

RIP Missy

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24002 on: January 20, 2022, 10:49:58 PM »
Stay up, Flea. My first cat was named Missy as well.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

vhsfisheye

« Reply #24003 on: January 21, 2022, 01:25:09 PM »
There’s a serious Lack of meaningful relationships in my life.

Been feeling like an extra in a movie just hanging out in the background of a conversation.

Dating apps have been dry for me too, I never know where to meet people in person now that I’ve stopped drinking

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #24004 on: January 21, 2022, 03:45:58 PM »
Expand Quote
This is heart breaking. I frickin loved my Missy grrl. I saved her and her sister Chaco taco in 2007 or 8. They was like already over a year old. Severely abused cats. Especially Missy. She was their least favorite of the two. I can’t understand the mentality at all. Animal abusers make my chest hurt thinking about them. Both these cats are the sweetest girls. Missy was definitely my favorite. I managed to keep a roof over my head by the skin of my teeth specifically so the cats would be safe because after what I’ve witnessed I would never ever trust someone with my cats.

Missy was attached to me all the time. On my hip or on my knee purring away. Taco preference is my shoulders to purch on.

Poor Taco’s looking for her sister. Missy is in the garage in a box and it’s too cold to break ground in the yard. It breaks my heart and makes me cry a little but I’m going to have to take her to the dump tomorrow.

It makes me cry kinda a lot.

People who don’t know me know me are like wtf? I didn’t think (af) had the ability to cry and over an old cat too.

My brother and I ain’t getting along. I can see he’s staying out of range because he knows. Back in the day this would be a reason to go nuts and go homeless or to the hospital leaving a trail of broken people who been picking at me.

Picking at me he has been for about a year.

I’m not trying to teach this round of kids to act like that.

I’ve learned my lesson. I don’t do violence anymore.

I’m going to miss my cat so bad.
[close]

Bro I don’t know you but I think you need help. Every post you make is disjointed and kind of odd like we’re missing something, referring to IRL friends on a first name basis and stuff. Up there with LK 130 or something. Every post reads like an alien put it through a “google Earth translate to totally normal human language speak” or something. I’m not trying to hate but it’s very… off putting and unsettling

Focus @HeavyAndExpensive . I liked you up until this post.

@Uncle Flea
Keep your spirits up. I am so sorry about your cat. I’m sure you give your entire being and more to your animals. We need more people like that.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #24005 on: January 21, 2022, 04:38:02 PM »
Hey man Fuck Off you know I’m right.

One, it’s *of.

Two, take your unsolicited expert opinion and shove it. Dude’s grieving and you go out of your way to be a judgmental dork. LK130 and Flea are way more ingrained into this forum than you are. I dunno what’s eating at you man, but I hope you heal and find happiness.

Edit: Didn’t see the other messages. Wow.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24006 on: January 21, 2022, 06:58:38 PM »
Uncle Flea is one of the most consistently brain dead slap posters. My man has about 3 brain cells to rub together. I don’t really have sympathy for idiots - they’re what holds
society behind

Shut up, you buster.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24007 on: January 21, 2022, 07:34:01 PM »
Uncle Flea is one of the most consistently brain dead slap posters. My man has about 3 brain cells to rub together. I don’t really have sympathy for idiots - they’re what holds
society behind
i will cyberbully the fuck out of you you stupid dipshit. and i wont be the only one.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #24008 on: January 21, 2022, 07:34:43 PM »
Don't you dare talk that shit about our boy

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24009 on: January 21, 2022, 08:01:18 PM »
society behind

Fuck you dude. Focus

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24010 on: January 21, 2022, 08:35:33 PM »
society behind

Weird hill to die on. Poor guy was just talking about his cat.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #24011 on: January 21, 2022, 08:37:50 PM »
society behind
That’s still more brain cells than you dawg

RIP missy <3

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #24012 on: January 21, 2022, 08:50:35 PM »
society behind

What in the absolute fuck is wrong with you? Is your life really this empty and perverted that you need to insult someone who’s grieving because his pet died? You haven’t realized that this is sick, toxic behaviour?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 657
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24013 on: January 21, 2022, 08:55:00 PM »
The kook at N. Hollywood park today.

I don't understand why dudes who were about as good as I was at my peak (not all that great), think they are something special. Fucking share the park, kick people's boards back to them, give other people props even for "basic" tricks, and no one cares about your shit hand-flip on the bank.

Even if you were something special that is still not a valid reason to be a dick. The dudes who ripped at the park gave props to other people, apologized when they got in someone's way, and were fun to share the park with... be like them not like your kooky friends.

This is a regular thing in LA. Nearly every park has a couple locals that suck the air out of the entire park, even when most of the dudes at the park are cool.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #24014 on: January 21, 2022, 09:12:34 PM »
@HeavyAndExpensive

First and foremost, who in the fuck do you think you are?

What good does it do to take a potshot at man who is lamenting the loss of an animal? As someone who is a member of both the skate community and the hardcore community, I would expect substantially better than that. Instead, you decided to go on an unhinged, ableist rant then lashed out at everyone defending uncle flea.

I thought you were a solid poster with great music taste, but this type of behavior is uncalled for, pitiful, and atrocious.

Do better. Be better. Learn some fucking compassion.

<3 Missy forever.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24015 on: January 22, 2022, 03:56:18 AM »
Instagram. Specifically been a lot of people posting generic "if you don't help me achieve my goals you're just a waste of my time" or quotes along those lines. Overuse of words like toxic etc just to describe someone who doesn't blindly agree with the person on everything.
My theory is it's been a couple of weeks since new year's and people maybe aren't achieving their goals and are trying to lash out/ find someone to blame.

dofrenzy

« Reply #24016 on: January 22, 2022, 06:50:37 AM »
Damn, that time some dick talked shit about a SLAP artist because of a lack of understanding about art and humanity.

RIP Missy.  Incredibly heavy loss Flea.  Keep reminding yourself about the good stuff man….like how you brought love and kindness into Missy’s life.  The loss you have is big, but what you had together is bigger!

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #24017 on: January 22, 2022, 09:23:55 AM »
Condolences, flea.

Not stoked: heard a ad on  I think Pandora, urging folks to get vaxed that was from one of the big 3 vax manufacturers. Had a real psa vibe. I’m triple dipped pro vax, but these companies are making record profits. Just left a bad taste.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24018 on: January 22, 2022, 01:48:37 PM »
Don’t even worry about them I don’t give a shit about their opinion.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well.

I luv you slap and I’m going to stop being so down and out

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #24019 on: January 22, 2022, 01:58:39 PM »

<3

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #24020 on: January 23, 2022, 08:01:44 AM »

You’re a good dude Flea. Wishing you the best during this tough time.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #24021 on: January 23, 2022, 01:14:58 PM »
Bless you Flea.

I started a new job a little over two weeks ago (1/10/22) as a tile setter/carpenter. Things were going really well as I was tiling the company's kitchen showroom and getting to know everyone around the office. It seems they had never had a tile setter since they created the position for me specifically, so I was feeling pretty proud of myself. Over the past two weeks I received nothing but positive feedback and got along beautifully with everyone (I even passed along a lead from my previous now-defunct company I worked for.) On Friday (1/21/22) the general manager and project manager were in the showroom when I returned from cutting a couple tiles telling me that it was the "end of the road." Apparently I wasn't moving fast enough for them and they were letting me go. Shit blindsided the fuck out of me and I was speechless. It was hella embarrassing hastily packing my tools up and leaving through the basement back door.

I broke down in the car on the drive home and felt utterly lost. Everything had been going great, I got there on time if not earlier and stayed later than I had to if necessary. I had been thinking that I could work there happily for years. I felt worthless and dejected because tiling is something I thought I was proficient and efficient at. Feeling better now and am getting a lot of job emails from my initial resume posting on recruiting sites, but Jesus it was a hugely humbling yet dehumanizing experience. Applying for unemployment now for a couple weeks until my self-esteem gets better and I can interview with other remodeling companies.

I feel for anybody going through it right now, tough times indeed.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:13:32 PM by Manny Fapuiao »
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #24022 on: January 24, 2022, 11:28:11 AM »
I quit a band yesterday that claimed to be playing hardcore in the syle of cro-mags?
Instead they recycled old songs from their old band, claiming it sounded like that.

It was alternative music at best.

I was kind of bummed and gave it a chance, but the songs got worse and they sucked.
I politely said it wasn't my cup of tea and quit the band.

Guitarist flipped out, threw his laptop over, and blocked me on every platform imaginable.

After that his sister sent a message to me saying he was hurt, an dthough I was a dick for quiting.
I only said "yeah sorry this is not for me"

Dude's 44 years old.

I mean seriously ... WTF

tacotime

« Reply #24023 on: January 24, 2022, 11:39:31 AM »

I started a new job a little over two weeks ago (1/10/22) as a tile setter/carpenter. Things were going really well as I was tiling the company's kitchen showroom and getting to know everyone around the office. It seems they had never had a tile setter since they created the position for me specifically, so I was feeling pretty proud of myself. Over the past two weeks I received nothing but positive feedback and got along beautifully with everyone (I even passed along a lead from my previous now-defunct company I worked for.) On Friday (1/21/22) the general manager and project manager were in the showroom when I returned from cutting a couple tiles telling me that it was the "end of the road." Apparently I wasn't moving fast enough for them and they were letting me go. Shit blindsided the fuck out of me and I was speechless. It was hella embarrassing hastily packing my tools up and leaving through the basement back door.

I broke down in the car on the drive home and felt utterly lost. Everything had been going great, I got there on time if not earlier and stayed later than I had to if necessary. I had been thinking that I could work there happily for years. I felt worthless and dejected because tiling is something I thought I was proficient and efficient at. Feeling better now and am getting a lot of job emails from my initial resume posting on recruiting sites, but Jesus it was a hugely humbling yet dehumanizing experience. Applying for unemployment now for a couple weeks until my self-esteem gets better and I can interview with other remodeling companies.

I feel for anybody going through it right now, tough times indeed.

Sorry that happened to you. I suspect it’s less that you should feel humbled and more that you dodged a bullet. Anyone who’s going to fire you like that, without giving you any feedback which would have helped you understand expectations and be able to modify accordingly, is small-minded and doesn’t really care about building a solid company. They’re just on an ego trip. Anyone who would use the phrase “end of the road” when firing someone has no tact, class, or creativity. Firing should never be a surprise for anyone, whether they’re new or not. That’s just plain ridiculous. To think you have someone totally figured out after two weeks is ignorant unless the person literally can’t do the job which it doesn’t sound like that was the case. To expect an employee to be a mind reader about job expectations is one of the most arrogant things a boss can do. That first two weeks is precisely the time where they should have been teaching you what they needed, not treating you like a circus act. I hope you find something better soon with decent people who see the value in hiring a good dude who wants to be a stable part of their operation. You sound articulate, competent, and genuine. Those idiots didn’t appreciate you but trust me that alone counts for a lot.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #24024 on: January 24, 2022, 03:24:17 PM »
I quit a band yesterday that claimed to be playing hardcore in the syle of cro-mags?
Instead they recycled old songs from their old band, claiming it sounded like that.

I was kind of bummed and gave it a chance, but the songs got worse and they sucked.

Guitarist flipped out, threw his laptop over, and blocked me on every platform imaginable.

After that his sister sent a message to me saying he was hurt, an dthough I was a dick for quiting.

Dude's 44 years old.

I mean seriously ... WTF

My sympathies. Been in that "yeah this aint working" situation more than I care to admit, best case is the weird slow load up of your gear while everyone ignores you, but John Joseph'ing your laptop at any age is a bad look...let alone at 44. Maybe you dodged a bullet.

Fhk

« Reply #24025 on: January 24, 2022, 03:32:36 PM »

Dude's 44 years old.

I mean seriously ... WTF
It might be the age..I'm 44 and can get pretty dramatic myself.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #24026 on: January 24, 2022, 05:32:10 PM »
tinnitus. definitely not stoked on this high powered, congested round of tinnitus. they call herpes and warts friends for life, yeah, throw tinnitus in there too. At least with herpes or warts you can find someone who has the same thing and it doesn't matter much. tinnitus is a solo jam.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 967
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24027 on: January 25, 2022, 09:39:23 AM »
I just got a call from the College. I’m starting class tomorrow at 9am. I’m not happy about it at all. No one told me I had even been excepted.

I have no computer still. The mass rehab said they was going to get me one but they didn’t even tell me I was a part of this program. They said they was working on it.

They never hit me back. I guess I’m glad the school called but it would have been nice days and days ago so I could prepare
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #24028 on: January 25, 2022, 03:24:02 PM »
WARNING: First world problem.

Friggin trying to buy a home in LA fucking sucks. Seriously put an offer $150k over asking on our dream home AND STILL GOT BEAT OUT!

What the fuck are these people offering!? Gold bars? Cocaine? Their firstborn? The blood of the innocent!?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24029 on: January 25, 2022, 03:42:01 PM »
I just got a call from the College. I’m starting class tomorrow at 9am. I’m not happy about it at all. No one told me I had even been excepted.

I have no computer still. The mass rehab said they was going to get me one but they didn’t even tell me I was a part of this program. They said they was working on it.

They never hit me back. I guess I’m glad the school called but it would have been nice days and days ago so I could prepare

hey man that is sick, very happy for you! don't worry about the computer, just go and see how it goes, get familiar. the start is the hardest part, it's ok to not be perfectly prepared. you'll get all that stuff eventually. they might get you a pc a bit faster if you can tell them that you're a student now and need one, maybe?