Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880806 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24420 on: May 11, 2022, 09:27:53 AM »
Just got let go at my job. I've only experienced being somewhat comfortable financially for the last three months. Now it's done and I'm stressing. Was nice to see the other side of things at least for a bit.

I'm sorry to hear that, man. I'm on a 1 year contract at this job and its been good. As renewal time comes up I've been hearing about the bosses "friend" trying to get in. It's some shady, shady shit and tbh, more than anything, I'm hurt.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24421 on: May 11, 2022, 09:47:11 AM »
Just gonna dump a bit of a rant here because I don't know how to make it work in the houses thread. So rich assholes keep buying all the houses for investments. They have no interest in the community or area apart from it directly being good for them to make money.  They complain about trucks etc going near their houses (even tho they always have, it's kinda how roads work) so they change the roads so no heavy vehicles can go in certain areas. (Now they just go past other houses but whatever. Fuck those people right...) But now that means there's basically no public transport either. What do they care tho they've probably never even been in a bus. There's also public schools but no one near the school goes to them. And everyone who does now lives far away and with no public transport now has to drive. Now in suburbs there's actual fucking two hour traffic every morning because everyone has to be able to somehow get their kids into the suburb then to the school then back out again to where ever they work. And these rich asshole now complain about that like the whole mess isn't their fucking fault.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24422 on: May 11, 2022, 08:05:00 PM »

RIP to my Sweet little boy.

Hatori Honzo-booba   

Everyone who ever seen this cat had their heart smashed.

He had hundreds of friends because of my last punk house and my skateboarding habit.

Missy and him are beefing rn in cat heaven
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24423 on: May 11, 2022, 09:06:41 PM »
rest easy honzo :(

what a gorgeous cat. the yawn pic is awesome.

so sorry for your loss

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #24424 on: May 11, 2022, 09:06:49 PM »
My condolences and best thoughts @Uncle Flea you probably did the best thing, my mom used to have a cat that hit a vegetative state once due to developing metritis induced by cheap generic medication the cat was on (which I can't believe is even legal, especially scary that I assume its use is widespread); eventually recovered mobility and then went on to live for fifteen more years (!) but in exchange was constantly sick and I could tell every minute of those years was basically miserable. Since it wasn't my pet there wasn't much of a say I could have until finally my mom took it to the vet one last time, cat was 19 at that point, especially the last couple of years had been looking really bad, you probably saved your friend a lot of misery. The memories will live on forever and so I hope you can easily personally move on. In a way your old buddy isn't gone, just chilling with mine someplace else within the cosmos.

somefucker

« Reply #24425 on: May 12, 2022, 04:02:45 AM »
so sorry flea

it really is losing a family member, not just a pet or an animal

hope they're w their favorite toys in their favorite places in kitty heaven :)

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #24426 on: May 12, 2022, 06:12:31 AM »
…surrounded by chubby mice with sprained ankles.
RIP Hanzo

Condolences to you, flea. Better days ahead. 

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #24427 on: May 12, 2022, 08:15:54 AM »
so sorry to hear about your loss @Uncle Flea but glad to know that your boy is not suffering anymore

hmmmokay

« Reply #24428 on: May 12, 2022, 09:33:47 AM »
Sorry for your loss Flea, been through many pet deaths in my life and they never get easier, but I hope your mind is a bit more at ease now. Stay up Pal.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #24429 on: May 12, 2022, 10:55:23 AM »
A Louis ck Shane Gillis thread

I understand that a lot of people still hate Louis, but what's so bad about Gillis anymore?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24430 on: May 12, 2022, 12:08:19 PM »
Crazy cocid going around my community rn. I feel like this post Omicron variant is far gnarlier. Seeing folks knocked on their ass like Delta again. I've been in very close proximity and hope these masks are working...
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24431 on: May 13, 2022, 09:55:36 AM »
RIP Fred Ward
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #24432 on: May 13, 2022, 10:27:16 AM »
damn, that's a bummer. tremors was dope RIP

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #24433 on: May 14, 2022, 07:33:19 PM »
I'm hanging out at a one of those food truck spots in Portland.

I'm listening to some guy yell at his friend about how he is an awesome streamer and how his friends are like Elon Musk and just have that special tech guru quality. And, his friend is fucking eating it up.

"I'm only in Oregon for a day. If I streamed that I was coming there be'd tons of people saying, 'Hey, lets hang out,' 'Hey want to get together,' and stuff, you know?"

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #24434 on: May 14, 2022, 07:53:08 PM »
I'm hanging out at a one of those food truck spots in Portland.

I'm listening to some guy yell at his friend about how he is an awesome streamer and how his friends are like Elon Musk and just have that special tech guru quality. And, his friend is fucking eating it up.

"I'm only in Oregon for a day. If I streamed that I was coming there be'd tons of people saying, 'Hey, lets hang out,' 'Hey want to get together,' and stuff, you know?"

Walk over and say “Hey man, sorry to interrupt but I’m a big fan. I couldn’t believe how many marshmallows you fit in your ass during the other nights’ stream. Did that one ever come back out?”

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #24435 on: May 15, 2022, 01:42:57 AM »
Just got the time to read what you’re going through @Uncle Flea .

You seem like a genuine nice guy that’s been going through a lot of shit. Just wanted to say I feel you.

I can’t even imagine what’s going to be like when my dog passes away. She is so stubborn but she made me re-evaluate a lot of things we humans do.
The most important thing is she doesn’t know what’s gonna be next you know, that taught me to always seize the day, but on a level humans couldn’t.

I dunno about your living situation but my suggestion is to live with even just one nice and close pal for at least a while. Someone that can keep you up without judging you.
Also might be worth try and get counseling.

Sorry if it seems like I’m telling you what to do, also sorry if you already did the above (I’m not/I wasn’t on here that much).
Just an honest suggestion from a rando that could make your life a little bit better.

All the best dude.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #24436 on: May 16, 2022, 09:47:31 PM »
The power is out and my kid is low key freaking out because it’s dark and then some idiot down the block starts blowing off fireworks so then my dog flips out and has a panic attack, pukes her entire dinner on the carpet and I’m laying here comforting a giant kid and a pit bull and all I want to do is play elden ring and drink. Fuck tonight.

nevrwasben

« Reply #24437 on: May 16, 2022, 11:23:11 PM »
The power is out and my kid is low key freaking out because it’s dark and then some idiot down the block starts blowing off fireworks so then my dog flips out and has a panic attack, pukes her entire dinner on the carpet and I’m laying here comforting a giant kid and a pit bull and all I want to do is play elden ring and drink. Fuck tonight.
Only replying to @Bunk Moreland, sorry to anyone else’s BS.
Be strong in these times so that your little one learns/knows how to deal with BS.
You got this, sorry you gotta deal with it; apologies if I sound preachy.
Just drunk and hoping you appreciate some commiseration even if I’m not going through the exact same same thing…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24438 on: May 18, 2022, 06:17:17 AM »
Pretty sure I'm cursed and can never wear a white/light colour shirt. Whenever I'd wear a white shirt I'd be guaranteed to fall and get one of those little blood scrapes on my hand or inside my elbow and eventually have hundreds of little bloods dots on the side of my shirt.
So I just went years without wearing a white shirt. Got a new light grey jumper not expensive or anything but first light shirt in forever within an hour of putting it on flipped a burger while cooking and it splatter oil on it, The sriracha bottle decided to do a split stream and squirt red sauce on it and my mug had a crack in it and dripped coffee down it.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24439 on: May 18, 2022, 09:51:37 AM »
Just got the time to read what you’re going through @Uncle Flea .

You seem like a genuine nice guy that’s been going through a lot of shit. Just wanted to say I feel you.

I can’t even imagine what’s going to be like when my dog passes away. She is so stubborn but she made me re-evaluate a lot of things we humans do.
The most important thing is she doesn’t know what’s gonna be next you know, that taught me to always seize the day, but on a level humans couldn’t.

I dunno about your living situation but my suggestion is to live with even just one nice and close pal for at least a while. Someone that can keep you up without judging you.
Also might be worth try and get counseling.

Sorry if it seems like I’m telling you what to do, also sorry if you already did the above (I’m not/I wasn’t on here that much).
Just an honest suggestion from a rando that could make your life a little bit better.

All the best dude.

Thanks pal. I appreciate you
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24440 on: May 21, 2022, 11:07:52 PM »
I’m having crazy trouble sleeping. I keep thinking about this Red Bull contest shit. I can’t believe that people believe that it’s ok to be like nah you can’t enter this contest. Go to the trans corner over there and rot where no one can see you succeed.

That statement I just typed made me wanna cry for a second. This shit is violence. I know they think it’ll be cool but it’s not. I have no idea what fairytale they are thinking about.

The people who think this way are nearsighted af.

You can’t just wish human beings away like that.

Violence leads to more and more.

Violence is wrong af and I fear for the future.

I try resist my urges to do violence when I’m hot and am losing control of my actions. You can do it too.

Some people have zero problems with it and stay cool through it all tho. Don’t let those people control you.

You might end up walking down the street next to someone holding a torch screaming Jews won’t replace us or running up in capital or whatever.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 11:23:25 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #24441 on: May 23, 2022, 12:48:40 AM »
Broke my elbow
Cocteau Twins

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24442 on: May 23, 2022, 01:26:17 AM »
Broke my elbow

goddamn, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24443 on: May 23, 2022, 01:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Broke my elbow
[close]

goddamn, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Get well soon!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #24444 on: May 23, 2022, 05:04:53 AM »
so fucking annoyed that its almost june. i need to get my fucking shit together. blehhhhhh

Broke my elbow

that sucks dude. here's to a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 05:18:55 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #24445 on: May 23, 2022, 06:05:49 AM »
Woke up on the weekend with a bout of Vertigo out of nowhere, still feeling it today, especially in the morning and evening in bed.

Had it for a few days 6 months ago or so... only lasted a short spell then resolved by itself, hoping this does the same, skating with it isn't much fun.

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #24446 on: May 23, 2022, 06:34:58 AM »
Boss talks to me like I'm a child, he talks to the other apprentice completely fucking normal. I brought it up once and they laughed. Fucking asshole.
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

somefucker

« Reply #24447 on: May 23, 2022, 10:12:57 AM »
my planter needs more lag bolts and probably a cross brace or two, the soil expanded a ton/got heavy with water forcing the frame apart.

Broke my elbow

heal up soon!!!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24448 on: May 23, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »
Boss talks to me like I'm a child, he talks to the other apprentice completely fucking normal. I brought it up once and they laughed. Fucking asshole.

fuck those guys

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24449 on: May 23, 2022, 12:36:37 PM »
Fuken advertising. Specifically any commercials on tv. There's even a show on Aus tv called gruen and it's a massive circle jerk of dickheads that work in advertising patting each other on the back and bragging about how clever they are. You fuckwits literally ruin every tv show or movie that gets played on public tv. (Yes I know the ads technically pay for it)