Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1775049 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24450 on: May 16, 2022, 09:47:31 PM »
The power is out and my kid is low key freaking out because itís dark and then some idiot down the block starts blowing off fireworks so then my dog flips out and has a panic attack, pukes her entire dinner on the carpet and Iím laying here comforting a giant kid and a pit bull and all I want to do is play elden ring and drink. Fuck tonight.

nevrwasben

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
  • Iím Buff Rick!!!
« Reply #24451 on: May 16, 2022, 11:23:11 PM »
The power is out and my kid is low key freaking out because itís dark and then some idiot down the block starts blowing off fireworks so then my dog flips out and has a panic attack, pukes her entire dinner on the carpet and Iím laying here comforting a giant kid and a pit bull and all I want to do is play elden ring and drink. Fuck tonight.
Only replying to @Bunk Moreland, sorry to anyone elseís BS.
Be strong in these times so that your little one learns/knows how to deal with BS.
You got this, sorry you gotta deal with it; apologies if I sound preachy.
Just drunk and hoping you appreciate some commiseration even if Iím not going through the exact same same thingÖ

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #24452 on: May 18, 2022, 06:17:17 AM »
Pretty sure I'm cursed and can never wear a white/light colour shirt. Whenever I'd wear a white shirt I'd be guaranteed to fall and get one of those little blood scrapes on my hand or inside my elbow and eventually have hundreds of little bloods dots on the side of my shirt.
So I just went years without wearing a white shirt. Got a new light grey jumper not expensive or anything but first light shirt in forever within an hour of putting it on flipped a burger while cooking and it splatter oil on it, The sriracha bottle decided to do a split stream and squirt red sauce on it and my mug had a crack in it and dripped coffee down it.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24453 on: May 18, 2022, 09:51:37 AM »
Just got the time to read what youíre going through @Uncle Flea .

You seem like a genuine nice guy thatís been going through a lot of shit. Just wanted to say I feel you.

I canít even imagine whatís going to be like when my dog passes away. She is so stubborn but she made me re-evaluate a lot of things we humans do.
The most important thing is she doesnít know whatís gonna be next you know, that taught me to always seize the day, but on a level humans couldnít.

I dunno about your living situation but my suggestion is to live with even just one nice and close pal for at least a while. Someone that can keep you up without judging you.
Also might be worth try and get counseling.

Sorry if it seems like Iím telling you what to do, also sorry if you already did the above (Iím not/I wasnít on here that much).
Just an honest suggestion from a rando that could make your life a little bit better.

All the best dude.

Thanks pal. I appreciate you
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24454 on: May 21, 2022, 11:07:52 PM »
I’m having crazy trouble sleeping. I keep thinking about this Red Bull contest shit. I can’t believe that people believe that it’s ok to be like nah you can’t enter this contest. Go to the trans corner over there and rot where no one can see you succeed.

That statement I just typed made me wanna cry for a second. This shit is violence. I know they think it’ll be cool but it’s not. I have no idea what fairytale they are thinking about.

The people who think this way are nearsighted af.

You can’t just wish human beings away like that.

Violence leads to more and more.

Violence is wrong af and I fear for the future.

I try resist my urges to do violence when I’m hot and am losing control of my actions. You can do it too.

Some people have zero problems with it and stay cool through it all tho. Don’t let those people control you.

You might end up walking down the street next to someone holding a torch screaming Jews won’t replace us or running up in capital or whatever.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 11:23:25 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 46
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #24455 on: May 23, 2022, 12:48:40 AM »
Broke my elbow
Cocteau Twins

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24456 on: May 23, 2022, 01:26:17 AM »
Broke my elbow

goddamn, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #24457 on: May 23, 2022, 01:42:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Broke my elbow
[close]

goddamn, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Get well soon!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Rep: 52
« Reply #24458 on: May 23, 2022, 05:04:53 AM »
so fucking annoyed that its almost june. i need to get my fucking shit together. blehhhhhh

Broke my elbow

that sucks dude. here's to a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 05:18:55 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Skatebeard

• Rep: 80
« Reply #24459 on: May 23, 2022, 06:05:49 AM »
Woke up on the weekend with a bout of Vertigo out of nowhere, still feeling it today, especially in the morning and evening in bed.

Had it for a few days 6 months ago or so... only lasted a short spell then resolved by itself, hoping this does the same, skating with it isn't much fun.

T4T

• Rep: 7
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #24460 on: May 23, 2022, 06:34:58 AM »
Boss talks to me like I'm a child, he talks to the other apprentice completely fucking normal. I brought it up once and they laughed. Fucking asshole.
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

somefucker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • Quim Cardonavirus
« Reply #24461 on: May 23, 2022, 10:12:57 AM »
my planter needs more lag bolts and probably a cross brace or two, the soil expanded a ton/got heavy with water forcing the frame apart.

Broke my elbow

heal up soon!!!
oh my god iím not fucking racist iím not homophobic iím not transphobic

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24462 on: May 23, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »
Boss talks to me like I'm a child, he talks to the other apprentice completely fucking normal. I brought it up once and they laughed. Fucking asshole.

fuck those guys

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24463 on: May 23, 2022, 12:36:37 PM »
Fuken advertising. Specifically any commercials on tv. There's even a show on Aus tv called gruen and it's a massive circle jerk of dickheads that work in advertising patting each other on the back and bragging about how clever they are. You fuckwits literally ruin every tv show or movie that gets played on public tv. (Yes I know the ads technically pay for it)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 415
« Reply #24464 on: May 23, 2022, 12:36:47 PM »
Broke my elbow

Bummer.

Does that mean you have a full arm cast? How do they fix that?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 46
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #24465 on: May 23, 2022, 03:28:28 PM »
Thanks everyone
Cocteau Twins

MorningSesh

• Rep: 52
« Reply #24466 on: May 23, 2022, 09:18:33 PM »
Not the end of the world but I came home from work to a gnarly ant infestation right in front of my room window. I had some ant bait out by the window already and put some more but until it starts to kill them off this situation is pretty shit because theyíre all over and im flicking these fuckers off my bed and pillow now when im just trying to get some sleep.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
« Reply #24467 on: May 24, 2022, 06:15:10 AM »
- No one to skate with. I moved to a new town  2 years ago. I'm not very talkative. The kids here only smoke weed and do drugs on the park. And they're too good. I'm the straight edge, jacked old guy. Not really fitting in. And it sucks ...

- Scans to track my GF's cancer are coming up. The "4 year scans". Very important because a lot of girls relapse around this time. It's unbearable. I don't smoke, do drugs or drink to numb the pain. It's harsh reality day in day out .. a lot to bear.

- also cancer related. My gf and I haven't been intimate in 4 years. Since the cancer, her body changed drastically, which is very normal. It's horrible what she's been through. But she doesn't feel comfortable with her looks. Because it's a gynaecological cancer she 's in her menopause which causes weight gain, holding up fluids etc. Like I said a lot has changed and I feel terrible that my libido took a major dive and "passion" does not get awakened anymore. I feel like an absolute jerk about it, but I can't help it. I still love her and I would never cheat on her either. It's not the easiest topic to talk about and it's always the elephant in the room. That's for sure ...

- Bought a house that we renovated completely, we were hoping the roof would hold up a few years. Boom a storm hit and  we have to pay 38000 euros on top of what the insurance gave us.  I don't have 38000 euros laying around.

- Next year, also because of the cancer, we're going to try to have a baby through a surrogate mother. This also going to be very expensive and I don't really know what to do ... I have a good job that pays well. but not THAT well. :(

Lots to stress about and it sucks.

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24468 on: May 24, 2022, 09:59:10 PM »
Tomorrow would be the 36 birthday of a girl I really cared for. She lost her life to suicide on january 2022 after a later development of schizophrenia. She was a rad chick. Hope it's peaceful, homegirl.

Tell ya people ya love em
stay high, lay low

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24469 on: May 24, 2022, 11:43:37 PM »
- No one to skate with. I moved to a new town  2 years ago. I'm not very talkative. The kids here only smoke weed and do drugs on the park. And they're too good. I'm the straight edge, jacked old guy. Not really fitting in. And it sucks ...

- Scans to track my GF's cancer are coming up. The "4 year scans". Very important because a lot of girls relapse around this time. It's unbearable. I don't smoke, do drugs or drink to numb the pain. It's harsh reality day in day out .. a lot to bear.

- also cancer related. My gf and I haven't been intimate in 4 years. Since the cancer, her body changed drastically, which is very normal. It's horrible what she's been through. But she doesn't feel comfortable with her looks. Because it's a gynaecological cancer she 's in her menopause which causes weight gain, holding up fluids etc. Like I said a lot has changed and I feel terrible that my libido took a major dive and "passion" does not get awakened anymore. I feel like an absolute jerk about it, but I can't help it. I still love her and I would never cheat on her either. It's not the easiest topic to talk about and it's always the elephant in the room. That's for sure ...

- Bought a house that we renovated completely, we were hoping the roof would hold up a few years. Boom a storm hit and  we have to pay 38000 euros on top of what the insurance gave us.  I don't have 38000 euros laying around.

- Next year, also because of the cancer, we're going to try to have a baby through a surrogate mother. This also going to be very expensive and I don't really know what to do ... I have a good job that pays well. but not THAT well. :(

Lots to stress about and it sucks.

Damn dude. Sending positive vibes
(A)pl(E)

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24470 on: June 01, 2022, 04:01:39 PM »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #24471 on: June 01, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »
Passed out at the blood donation site today.  Had to do a tour/class for my immunohematology class, and I gave blood for extra points.  Felt fine for a while, then i got nauseous out of nowhere.  Next thing I know I was on the ground opening my eyes. 

Not a serious issue or anything, just a really weird feeling
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24472 on: June 01, 2022, 11:57:39 PM »
If anyone else had braces... that fucking metal bar behind my teeth popped off today. This will be a 100 to 500 dollar cost according to the internet.

I just got to Vancouver, so I will either have to pay completely out of pocket or drive down to Seattle.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24473 on: June 03, 2022, 09:05:20 PM »
We built this city on mumble rap
(A)pl(E)

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24474 on: June 04, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »
If anyone else had braces... that fucking metal bar behind my teeth popped off today. This will be a 100 to 500 dollar cost according to the internet.

I just got to Vancouver, so I will either have to pay completely out of pocket or drive down to Seattle.

That happened to me and I just took the thing out. Braces fucked my teeth up more than they were before. Said I had a cross bite, which is fairly indicative of anxiety and teeth grinding. Years later I started getting massage work done on my jaw/skull and my cross bite is gone more than with braces.

Good luck
stay high, lay low

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -99
« Reply #24475 on: June 04, 2022, 11:01:01 AM »
Flatspoted my wheela today. Its been a while, and the flatspot is so big my teeth almost hurt when I skate, but I fucking hate new wheels. Might have to just STFU and skate it out.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24476 on: June 04, 2022, 01:58:36 PM »
Bought a home during the pandemic, negotiated an amazing fucking interest rate (less than 1%) and the project is delayed, which means I might need to renegotiate my mortgage.

Not fucking stoked at all.

I'm not sure why nothing is run well in Quebec, but at least the government was able to pass their anti-English law to rally up the rural-Franco-phone base.

Also, maybe someone can explain this to me, why does the Quebec victimhood often stop at the Franco-phone colonizers? If we are super worried about injustice and protecting culture, why aren't the French recognized for their brutality? Why aren't we passing laws forcing everyone to speak native languages not Euro-colonizer languages?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbmGhS84WM

life is a hell ride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24477 on: June 04, 2022, 02:55:35 PM »
all police
Just trotting out insults form your playground days. Truly the last refuge of the no nothing.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24478 on: June 06, 2022, 06:06:24 AM »
John Oliver fucking sucks. Yeah I know if you don't like him just don't watch him and for the most part I don't but every now and then I'll give it another try because he used to be good and am almost always annoyed. Hes always so preachy about what people should do but is so disconnected from the actual population. Plus never consistent one week teachers are God's on earth next week they're all villains. Let's see this nerd try deal with a school of teenagers. People shouldn't complain of homeless people set up in their yards and shit on their property. Guaranteed if a homeless person got anywhere near the building he lives in he'd call the cops.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
« Reply #24479 on: June 06, 2022, 10:27:23 AM »
coffee has been giving me heartburn lately. it is getting really annoying because I don't want to stop drinking it