Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1780382 times)

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24600 on: July 30, 2022, 01:10:41 AM »
I'm on day 3 of an all boost/ensure diet. I have pretty crazy metabolism so trying to get enough calories to not lose weight is a real bitch.

Got all my teeth ripped out on Wednesday. 4 hours in the chair, basically nonstop yanking and cutting. I apparently have long roots which made things even more gnarly but I didn't feel much and the pain hasn't been a problem. The issue is the swelling.

I have to wait for everything to heal up before they place the rest of the implants and bridges which will be a few months from now, so until then I have temporary dentures and the swelling is still so bad I can barely get them down onto the implants. Im going to try icing it down a little bit today and see what happens, hopefully tomorrow I can get them in without pain or anything and can try to eat something.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 388
« Reply #24601 on: July 30, 2022, 01:25:19 AM »
I'm on day 3 of an all boost/ensure diet. I have pretty crazy metabolism so trying to get enough calories to not lose weight is a real bitch.

Got all my teeth ripped out on Wednesday. 4 hours in the chair, basically nonstop yanking and cutting. I apparently have long roots which made things even more gnarly but I didn't feel much and the pain hasn't been a problem. The issue is the swelling.

I have to wait for everything to heal up before they place the rest of the implants and bridges which will be a few months from now, so until then I have temporary dentures and the swelling is still so bad I can barely get them down onto the implants. Im going to try icing it down a little bit today and see what happens, hopefully tomorrow I can get them in without pain or anything and can try to eat something.
Fuck can see myself being in this position in the future. Every  other tooth I have is chipped and grinded down. Can you try anything like that gel stuff they give babies when their teeth are coming in? As far as just drinking stuff to keep on weight can you go like coffee, chocolate milk etc it's not healthy but it's gotta be mostly fat salt and sugar. Don't know how it would go with you all cut up but what about ice cream. It's cold so might help with pain then again just fat and sugar so might help with the weight

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24602 on: July 30, 2022, 01:47:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fuck can see myself being in this position in the future. Every  other tooth I have is chipped and grinded down. Can you try anything like that gel stuff they give babies when their teeth are coming in? As far as just drinking stuff to keep on weight can you go like coffee, chocolate milk etc it's not healthy but it's gotta be mostly fat salt and sugar. Don't know how it would go with you all cut up but what about ice cream. It's cold so might help with pain then again just fat and sugar so might help with the weight

no milk ice cream. my dentist said something like it's not good for the healing process because bacteria loves residue from milk products that gunks up wounds or that's how i understood it. and i guess sugar isn't that good either, think it's inflammatory. water ice cubes should be good.

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24603 on: July 30, 2022, 04:06:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Get it done sooner than later. The longer you wait, the less options youll have. I do have orajel but Im not really having pain so really it's just the swelling thats fucking me up. Its definitely getting better but at this point I'm not even sure if they fit so I'm hoping to be able to at least put them in tomorrow and start working on learning how to speak and eat with them in.

Certain boost/ensure formulas are exactly what you're thinking of.. mostly fat and sugar with a bunch of added vitamins and whatnot. They're actually pretty decent tasting too but I made the mistake of getting a case of just one flavor and then compounded that mistake by making said flavor "creamy strawberry."

I'm trying not to do ice cream or candy or anything like that because Im paranoid about getting one of the suture sites infected. Theres basically like 20 holes cut into my gums and stitched up right now. I would take a pic so you can see what I'm working with here but it's actually pretty fucking gnarly and gross to look at. The boost is only 8oz so I can just kinda tilt my head back and pour it past everything and straight down my throat. Then I rinse with saltwater immediately after that and put gauze over everything for the next few minutes

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24604 on: July 30, 2022, 08:26:04 AM »
Iím probably going to have to remove my big toe nail again.
So not fun.

Iíve figured out a good way to do it without fucking up my ability to skate.

You get the toenail clippers and you start cutting the nail back.

I cut it back till it hurts too much to go further.
Comeback like 2 days later cut some more. Repeat till the nail is just like 3 plys long.

Then you just it grows back regs.

My fungus always comes back. Itís my kick flip toe.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
« Reply #24605 on: July 31, 2022, 01:50:10 AM »
I just drove for two days across country with my gf to visit her family for the week.  Got here last night, started feeling shitty, tested positive.  The mild (knock on wood) symptoms are nothing compared to the indescribable guilt I feel about ruining a vacation that several people have been waiting a year for. 

Iím in Ontario too which I think has strict isolation rules.  Theyíre all still sleeping, I sent a group message to let them know.  Iím really dreading how miserable the next hours/days/weeks are going to be.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #24606 on: July 31, 2022, 06:14:08 AM »
I just drove for two days across country with my gf to visit her family for the week.  Got here last night, started feeling shitty, tested positive.  The mild (knock on wood) symptoms are nothing compared to the indescribable guilt I feel about ruining a vacation that several people have been waiting a year for. 

Iím in Ontario too which I think has strict isolation rules.  Theyíre all still sleeping, I sent a group message to let them know.  Iím really dreading how miserable the next hours/days/weeks are going to be.

It speaks for you that you feel guilty but honestly itĎs not your fault. I hope your symptoms will stay mild.

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Buttfart Rapedick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24607 on: July 31, 2022, 10:02:51 AM »

Don't feel guilty, this variant is a real fucking prick. Its knocked almost 15% of my department out in the last week and a half.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24608 on: August 01, 2022, 02:57:38 AM »
Ran a mile and a half yesterday and skated a parking lot a bit today.  Noticed some soreness/stiffness in my left ankle when I got home.  Can't tell if it's overuse, or if I rolled it kickflipping off a curb.  I just hope it doesn't linger like ankles tend to do.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24609 on: August 01, 2022, 10:27:25 AM »

Iím over this kook.

Duane sucks.

(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24610 on: August 01, 2022, 10:28:43 AM »
wow, a new low, and we were deep underground already

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 452
« Reply #24611 on: August 01, 2022, 08:05:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't feel guilty, this variant is a real fucking prick. Its knocked almost 15% of my department out in the last week and a half.

I'm going to have to get tested. I took the ferry to Victoria last weekend and my stomach has been a little upset for the past couple days. I felt feverish for a day and had a headache as well. Worried it might be covid :(

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

matt_2993

• Rep: 59
« Reply #24612 on: August 04, 2022, 09:29:59 AM »
Man I had the most fucked fear of heights nightmare last night.  I can't even describe the shit in a way that would make sense but the fear inside was just next level.  On the good side though I at least didn't fall to my death like I've done a hundred times in other dreams, I'll take that

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24613 on: August 04, 2022, 06:48:22 PM »
Iím really worried about this shit.

This is like an old nightmare.

https://youtu.be/KF2Wkd8IIw8
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• Rep: 59
« Reply #24614 on: August 05, 2022, 08:33:59 AM »
Got a 4 day camping trip planned for next weekend at a site that's 6 hour drive away + hour boat travel to get to and the damn park still can't confirm if the site will be open or closed due to floods earlier this year. What the fuck man

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24615 on: August 05, 2022, 08:53:01 PM »
I focused a board tonight. I really wanted to keep that one. Thatís why I skated it for months and months. It was a blessed board I I threw it away.  I kept a piece. I swore Iíd not keep pieces of skateboarding stuff but I get insane anxiety about parting with it.
(A)pl(E)