Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1884539 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24630 on: August 21, 2022, 08:52:56 AM »
Expand Quote
lmao, just toasted my studio monitors cause i accidentally hit the ac switch when trying to turn on the bass. ripskis

at least i got em used for 20 bucks

EDIT:

this actually bums me out way more than i initially thought. now i can only use headphones. it actually fucking sucks. i'm so dumb omg. the bass and ac switches are both similar types, i just hit the wrong one of both, i should have fucking looked carefully. fuck.

also i made 500 bucks less last month cause my shifts were shortened by my asshole manager and it really starts to hurt as i am dead fucking broke rn. so no way i can buy a replacement soon.
[close]

if you was local id give you some pal.

i appreciate it my friend!

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #24631 on: August 21, 2022, 09:47:12 AM »
Turns out I have way less vacation time banked than previously thought—the switch from paycom to paylocity had a glitch that tricked me into thinking I could disappear for another week
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24632 on: August 24, 2022, 05:39:02 PM »
Think I’m done skating with my newest skate friend. Dude has just become way too much. The first few sessions he was cool but now every sesh, no matter what I try he has to try it too and one up me if he can. He never can, and without fail every time he’ll either say he knew someone in his home state who had the trick on lock that im trying. Or he’ll full uncle Rico it, and say he used to have it locked when he was 16. Every single thing I do. I swear dude had to have been a pro skater at 16 the way he talks. When I do a trick he can’t do or is afraid of, he always gives unwarranted advice the whole time. Today every word that came out of his mouth was one of those three scenarios. He’s a few years older than me too so he thinks that gives him the right to be my coach or something. Skating with competitive people is fucking exhausting and reminds me why I skate alone in this state. Such an annoying skate scene. I miss AZ

thats a bummer. dude prob thinks you cool and likes the style. thats usually why i give advice. or they from marblehead. i gotta always help kids from my hometown. marblehead has an unusual amount of skate talent. i would never give advice to someone i dont like. sorry you are feeling home sick too. az is sick.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #24633 on: August 25, 2022, 09:00:27 PM »
was skating to the fucking liquor store and this car was blocking the sidewalk. went around and went over like this 1 in wide puddle that caused me to slip and my board shot out into traffic. guy ran over it and it got stuck. we linked up 2 assess the damage and it broke some plastic underneath and some water or antifreeze was leaking. it was a rental car too.

the worst part is i didnt think to take a photo of the car who was blocking the sidewalk in the heat of the moment. dude dipped out SMFH!!!!!

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24634 on: August 26, 2022, 08:57:53 AM »
Been dissociating heavily lately and can't seem to stop it. I know what's eating at me, but I can't help the situation or fix it. I'm afraid of slipping back into how I was in my early 20s with being heavily depressed, emotionally unavailable, and self-destructive.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #24635 on: August 26, 2022, 08:21:04 PM »
Been dissociating heavily lately and can't seem to stop it. I know what's eating at me, but I can't help the situation or fix it. I'm afraid of slipping back into how I was in my early 20s with being heavily depressed, emotionally unavailable, and self-destructive.

A big step in the right direction is the sheer fact that you acknowledge that you do not want to fall back into that state. And you’re a smart dude - I know that you know what’s good for you when you feel this way. It’s just a matter of wether you really want it. And by the sounds of it you really do.

Easier said than done, I know, because I’m where you are right now both mentally and emotionally. Drained. Exhausted. Over it. But this shit won’t last forever and in the course of a lifetime - this isn’t but a mere blip in our timeline.

Klaus Schwab

• Rep: 5
« Reply #24636 on: August 27, 2022, 06:41:40 AM »
I have misgivings regarding the general skepticism of the unwashed masses of the perfectly logical plan to block out the sun using a series of Brazil-sized space bubbles.  This is the only way to save the planet.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #24637 on: August 27, 2022, 06:16:55 PM »
Been dealing with some pretty gnarly back spasms after a stupidly lifting something heavy off the ground without first squatting down properly . Icy hot n Netflix this weekend

I hurt my back. My back is hurt. Spinal

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24638 on: August 27, 2022, 06:45:32 PM »
i can no longer nose manny. Hang up mannys dont count to me. I cant pop my tail land on a nose manny anymore. It hurts.
(A)pl(E)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
« Reply #24639 on: August 28, 2022, 06:18:46 AM »

So as someone already said, it's promising that you're able to identify the pattern of thoughts and feelings before it leads to actual tangible damage. That's part of maturing I suppose. Anyways, if it's something you genuinely can't influence or fix the situation then I often find it's a matter of perspective. It can make you feel helpless and impotent, or it can be liberating in its own way. If there's nothing you can do then there's no sense in applying even a calorie of your energy towards it.

Just my two cents. I definitely went through the same thing at various points in my early 30s.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #24640 on: August 29, 2022, 09:09:37 AM »
currently nursing a laundry list of injuries that, while they aren't crippling, are sure painful enough to warrant me bitching about on here

i've run out of comfortable positions to sleep, i used to have 'a side', now it's what's the least uncomfortable position for me to sleep in tonight

do CBD balms actually work?

Klaus Schwab

• Rep: 5
« Reply #24641 on: August 29, 2022, 12:21:22 PM »
Jerome Powell has informed the American people that they will “be experiencing pain”.  You mustn’t ever tell this to the people.  They should only be lied to.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24642 on: August 29, 2022, 01:19:10 PM »
Long covid effects a year later flaring up with minor wildfire smoke. Lungs feel like they're being poked with needles and filled with hot ice
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24643 on: August 29, 2022, 01:38:28 PM »
Finding out Scott Kelly of Neurosis is a massive piece of shit

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24644 on: August 29, 2022, 02:32:39 PM »
Finding out Scott Kelly of Neurosis is a massive piece of shit

yeah, that bummed me the fuck out.

also the whole wyn butler from arcade fire thing, dude sounds like a biggest douchebag on earth in his response to the allegations against him. fuck that guy.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #24645 on: August 29, 2022, 06:02:40 PM »
Been dealing with some pretty gnarly back spasms after a stupidly lifting something heavy off the ground without first squatting down properly . Icy hot n Netflix this weekend

I hurt my back. My back is hurt. Spinal

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #24646 on: August 30, 2022, 07:09:50 PM »
Peter Smolik’s RLP account literally broke my insta. His post from two days is still the first post on my feed & wont go away. This sucks

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24647 on: August 30, 2022, 07:33:44 PM »
currently nursing a laundry list of injuries that, while they aren't crippling, are sure painful enough to warrant me bitching about on here

i've run out of comfortable positions to sleep, i used to have 'a side', now it's what's the least uncomfortable position for me to sleep in tonight

do CBD balms actually work?

i didnt notice any change. im extremely broken tho. i skate everywhere because walking is so painful. sleep it the worst. i use melatonin and weed every night to crash. xanax too back in the day.

theres no balm that can help me now.

sorry you pals are in pain too
(A)pl(E)

steezenking

• Rep: 15
« Reply #24648 on: August 31, 2022, 06:49:02 AM »
impending cold weather. After a few year slump of not really being too into skating, this past summer I've been as into it as I've ever been.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24649 on: August 31, 2022, 10:07:58 AM »
Made it through the hellish interview process at a big company (sick of being poor, I was selling out as hard as I could), but between passing all the interviews (I made it through total of 10 one hour interviews and tests) and negotiating a decent salary, the team I was joining was told all hiring is frozen. Now, I have to find a team in the company that will agree to take me and has the power to hire.

My current contract ends at the start of next year and contracts aren't being renewed. There has to be a better way to reduce inflation. Why is the only solution fucking over workers? Or giving companies an excuse to fuck over workers?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

thunderskater2805

• Rep: 1
« Reply #24650 on: August 31, 2022, 12:07:37 PM »
Ate shit around 2 weeks ago and fucked my wrist. Waited a couple days then went to urgent care to get an x-ray. Got like 6 and they tell me no fracture just a sprain and I'm stoked. They set up an appointment with an orthopedic dr to check it out a week later.

Go in for the Ortho appointment today and my wrist is feeling mostly better; still hurts if I twist it wrong while holding something but figured that's just part of the sprain, in my mind they're going to look at it and tell me that it's fine and can skate in a couple days...first thing we go and take 3 x-rays and then come back and look at it and press on the sore parts. Then decide to take a couple more...my heart sinks. I've broken bones before and every time they send me back in its been because something was broken and needed another angle...Sure enough I've chipped a piece off one of the bones and now I'm supposed to stay off my board for 4 weeks and keep a brace on it.

I am glad I don't need a fucking cast but I had already made plans to go skate this weekend and now I'm bummed.

I know I can still skate with a bum wrist but knowing my luck I'll just land on my bad wrist and make it worse...

Edit: It's my dominant hand too so the brace is just annoying in general, can't get my hand around my steering wheel properly and shit

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #24651 on: August 31, 2022, 12:15:17 PM »
Ate shit around 2 weeks ago and fucked my wrist. Waited a couple days then went to urgent care to get an x-ray. Got like 6 and they tell me no fracture just a sprain and I'm stoked. They set up an appointment with an orthopedic dr to check it out a week later.

Go in for the Ortho appointment today and my wrist is feeling mostly better; still hurts if I twist it wrong while holding something but figured that's just part of the sprain, in my mind they're going to look at it and tell me that it's fine and can skate in a couple days...first thing we go and take 3 x-rays and then come back and look at it and press on the sore parts. Then decide to take a couple more...my heart sinks. I've broken bones before and every time they send me back in its been because something was broken and needed another angle...Sure enough I've chipped a piece off one of the bones and now I'm supposed to stay off my board for 4 weeks and keep a brace on it.

I am glad I don't need a fucking cast but I had already made plans to go skate this weekend and now I'm bummed.

I know I can still skate with a bum wrist but knowing my luck I'll just land on my bad wrist and make it worse...

Edit: It's my dominant hand too so the brace is just annoying in general, can't get my hand around my steering wheel properly and shit

you got lucky as hell dude. try something new in those four weeks and enjoy yourself

aiden

« Reply #24652 on: August 31, 2022, 12:30:41 PM »
georgia weather baby!!! yesterday it was pouring rain and today it feels like it's 100° out. shit sucks

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
« Reply #24653 on: August 31, 2022, 01:07:02 PM »
Got laid off today along with 1000+ other people from my company.

Adding to the face that my dog died last week, I'm also not stoked on the fact that I'm a walking fucking country song.

somefucker

« Reply #24654 on: September 01, 2022, 10:08:39 PM »
Went to Whitehall park in Philly today, a local skatepark I've been to dozens of times before.

I do some of my regular tricks (in this scenario a bs 360, back tail, fakie bigflip in a line), and when I go to the side of the park many others line up at to hit obstacles, some dude I didn't initially recognize looks at me and says "Are you fuckin with me?" Thinking he was joking. The dude full on pushes me and starts to raise his voice - I legitimately upset him. After talking briefly, he tells me I did three of the tricks he had been trying since he got there. I apologized as I truly was just in my own world, skating, not really watching specifically what tricks others were doing. This guy really wanted to fight me and thats when I realize and say "Hey, you had a problem with my friend a year ago right?"

Context: last yr a friend of mine and I were skating a communal spot in a parking lot with some well loved boxes/ledges someone brought from home it seems. This guy felt as though he was 'the guy' of that spot and when my friend put a hole (with his wheel) in the box trying a trick (there were other holes in the box already), this guy went full kook aggro and told my friend to go to home depot to get a new piece of wood. Also pushing him, instigating a physical altercation that my friend and I decided it would be best to not engage in since this dude was obv kooking himself harder every time he opened his mouth.

When I mentioned this, the dude goes "we should have just started with that" or "you should have said that first" so i'm thinking he recognized me as soon as I pulled up, and was waiting to say some shit.

Just super whack, I skated after this 'confrontation' and he proceeded to shit talk and sit on the bench, not skating for the remainder of the time he was there and eventually left about ten minutes later - no bs 360, back tail, or fakie bigflip.

What makes people act like this? Just made the park tense for everyone else and it took a min to get everyone else rolling again. I feel bad for him and hope he fights those demons. Or maybe he's just another tough guy park hero whos feelings I hurt.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24655 on: September 02, 2022, 01:59:38 AM »

Take care of your shit. Had this same thing happen to me only it took about 10 months before someone finally figured out I'd broken something then took another year and a half to "heal". Still kinda fucked now 12 years later. I can't help that the doctors fucked me but I do wish I'd been more careful with letting my wrist get better properly.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24656 on: September 02, 2022, 09:53:18 PM »
The old man seems to of aged twenty years in one week. He was kinda cool for a dad now he watches all bullshit normy stuff and does the dad thing of mispronouncing every actors name and getting movie titles wrong. So I was watching the good fellows........etc

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #24657 on: September 02, 2022, 10:16:48 PM »
I had a fun summer, but I can't stand the cold.  Got probably a month and a half left to do shit outside without having to layer up heavy.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24658 on: September 03, 2022, 08:37:41 AM »
I haven't fucked for idk how long. I'm becoming an old fart who does nothing but skate and plays music. This is no life for a flea.
(A)pl(E)

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #24659 on: September 03, 2022, 11:26:17 AM »
i get no they/thems i feel you bro