Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885216 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24750 on: October 04, 2022, 02:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Dating apps are still stupid. I put in so much effort for no return. I’m so glad my libido isn’t what it used to be. It still sucks though.
[close]

what do you do to put in "effort"? I'm just curious what other dudes do/did. I met my partner on a blacked out OKCupid date almost 8 years ago.
I paid for various premium versions of apps. The one I’m currently on is OkCupid. My profile is totally fleshed out and I’ve answered a million of those questions that OkCupid uses to gauge your personality. I send out well thought out messages to dozens of women whenever I open the app. I’ve shown my profile to other people and they all have something different to critique but they also say it’s more or less good. I know that my profile is true to myself. I think the bottom line is women don’t find me physically attractive enough and that can be for any number of unsavory reasons. I know that I’m overweight, but I know I carry it well and nobody’s first description of me is fat ass. I even think I’ve got at least one physically attractive trait in that I’m a black guy with very light colored eyes. I don’t think my face is too bad either, but the lack of interest in me seems to indicate otherwise. I keep thinking that someone remotely like me in personality will eventually respond to a text if I play the numbers game, but the numbers I’m playing with are already astronomical. I will say I did manage to get a date once years ago on one of the apps. As far as I knew things were going great. We had common interests and we talked in depth for hours at a bar, but at the end of the date she told me that she didn’t think it was going to work out. She gave no reason and I didn’t pry. I imagine she just didn’t find me physically attractive. She wasn’t exactly a looker herself but that doesn’t matter. She just wasn’t interested.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #24751 on: October 04, 2022, 06:52:46 PM »
My lower back is still giving me problems a month after throwing it out. No more spasms but skating is still a complete no go.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24752 on: October 04, 2022, 08:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dating apps are still stupid. I put in so much effort for no return. I’m so glad my libido isn’t what it used to be. It still sucks though.
[close]

what do you do to put in "effort"? I'm just curious what other dudes do/did. I met my partner on a blacked out OKCupid date almost 8 years ago.
[close]
I paid for various premium versions of apps. The one I’m currently on is OkCupid. My profile is totally fleshed out and I’ve answered a million of those questions that OkCupid uses to gauge your personality. I send out well thought out messages to dozens of women whenever I open the app. I’ve shown my profile to other people and they all have something different to critique but they also say it’s more or less good. I know that my profile is true to myself. I think the bottom line is women don’t find me physically attractive enough and that can be for any number of unsavory reasons. I know that I’m overweight, but I know I carry it well and nobody’s first description of me is fat ass. I even think I’ve got at least one physically attractive trait in that I’m a black guy with very light colored eyes. I don’t think my face is too bad either, but the lack of interest in me seems to indicate otherwise. I keep thinking that someone remotely like me in personality will eventually respond to a text if I play the numbers game, but the numbers I’m playing with are already astronomical. I will say I did manage to get a date once years ago on one of the apps. As far as I knew things were going great. We had common interests and we talked in depth for hours at a bar, but at the end of the date she told me that she didn’t think it was going to work out. She gave no reason and I didn’t pry. I imagine she just didn’t find me physically attractive. She wasn’t exactly a looker herself but that doesn’t matter. She just wasn’t interested.

that's gotta be hard, my dude. I'm not trying to give unsolicited advice, but this may come off as such- when i was using OKC I didn't have a smart phone or computer, I had a google nexus wifi tablet that worked intermittently  ::) But anyways, I just told stories in my profile. Nothing too specific but like "i was walking through a neighborhood and this is something I observed, did, enjoy, etc." I just asked my lady what she remembered about my profile and she looked at me and said "you know, you want to know the truth? i looked at it a lot before we connected. I wasn't sure if you were too fond of yourself, but you seemed genuine and i wanted to find out." this is coming from a girl that modeling and going on dates all the time, someone i thought was outta my league, she's thinking i might be too confident...

also, to be frank, I went on dates with just about any girl who seemed halfway cool or interesting. shit dude, the first date i went on was with a girl that lived 2 hrs away in a different state and was fucking NUTS. Man, I get there and I'm like "word, so you surf play guitar, vegetarian etc," and she's like "yeah, i quit smoking cigarettes last week and just started doing all those things to help me stop."

Do you drink alcohol or use drugs? I was partying A LOT at that time, so it took a whole lot for me to be visibly fucked up regardless of what I was drinking/ingesting, and I'd often show up to a date with a few drinks or something in the system, which really helped me give less fucks and seem more fun. I mean, the night i met my partner, I starting browning out as we were walking home, thinking I was talking to a girl from work I'd made out with a few days before and had the same name.

and about the confidence thing, although I wasn't wicked confident, it seemed like I was and alcohol made it a whole lot easier. Not tryna say go get wasted but if you're just tryna grab some online dates, it sure made my life easier and more fun.

Edit:

Also, I tried to only kick it with girls that shared a common interest. My interests or knowledge base is limited to a handful of things, about those things I've got a lot of passion, so I stuck to what i knew. I'm not good at small talk either, so I ask a lot of questions, then clarifying or follow up questions. Anyways, I'm done. Good luck out there, my dude
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 08:51:34 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #24753 on: October 06, 2022, 08:44:40 PM »
 Don't worry, it's not something I'll go into/on about, but whatever present nuclear threat to humanity has been tripping me out to a small degree. I'm not a drop in the ocean, rather the whole ocean in a drop.  Don't 'boil the ocean'.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24754 on: October 07, 2022, 02:17:26 PM »
Back keeps going out. Been three days of just sitting on the couch all day then laying in bed and repeat. Haven't slept in four days. Think I'm getting deep vein thrombosis in my legs they're now hurting as much as my back cos I'm barely moving. Was hammering rain the whole time which was nice but today it's early morning and already hot/humid. Was seriously wanting to drink a coke for like 14 hours held out till 8am smashed it in like 5 seconds so I just get diabetes with no enjoyment lol. Posting way too fukn much too lol

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24755 on: October 07, 2022, 03:31:16 PM »
Why was bam helping these people?

These kooks are trying to use him his fame to get funds to control people like me.
This is some 80s kookery.

They are trying to be like. Look our system is so good not even Bam can escape. We know all his thoughts. Aura is MTV now HAHAHAHA.

This is so fucked. I don't even know how to link it probably.

This is not far off from reoccurring nightmares I've had in the past.

I'm mega bummed by this.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24756 on: October 07, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »
Back keeps going out. Been three days of just sitting on the couch all day then laying in bed and repeat. Haven't slept in four days. Think I'm getting deep vein thrombosis in my legs they're now hurting as much as my back cos I'm barely moving. Was hammering rain the whole time which was nice but today it's early morning and already hot/humid. Was seriously wanting to drink a coke for like 14 hours held out till 8am smashed it in like 5 seconds so I just get diabetes with no enjoyment lol. Posting way too fukn much too lol

move your legs homie, in all seriousness. thrombosis is no joke. literally three people close to me died from that/the resulting lung embolism or stroke. i'm sorry about the back. i threw mine out two weeks ago and couldn't really do shit besides work since. that said just sitting around won't make it any better i'm afraid? i don't know how serious your problem is or if you've seen a doctor, but i hope you get well soon. if you can't keep yourself upright, maybe try laying down and pretend to ride a bike in the air or something. definitely get that bloodflow going even if it's just taking a walk to the fridge every hour. comfort is your enemy here. a good tip is to never have too much food and drink around so you are forced to get up to get another cup of coffee or snack or whatever maybe just once. i tried to do this when i had to be in zoom chats all day when i studied for a short during peak pandemic, because i would be on my ass way too long otherwise and get cramps and numb feet from crossing them and all sorts of bloodflowblocking positions. yeah i'm sounding like a smart ass, but i care about you dude. i won't go into the food thing as i am a trash compactor myself, but you already know what's up.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #24757 on: October 10, 2022, 04:30:39 AM »
Not stoked on not having any time to skate lately due to real life and having a family. My own fault tho. I grew up and got married. 2 things I vowed to never do.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #24758 on: October 10, 2022, 04:35:28 AM »
ay bro its your life gotta do what you want

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24759 on: October 11, 2022, 04:06:29 AM »
Just watched the trailer for "blockbuster". Don't think I've ever been further from laughing before. Also it's a bit rich making a comedy about blockbuster closing on Netflix

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #24760 on: October 12, 2022, 10:33:48 AM »
 Y'all are real fucking weird about bald people and I'm not gonna act like it doesn't fuck with my self-esteem.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #24761 on: October 12, 2022, 10:47:14 AM »
AirPods went through the wash 😔
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24762 on: October 12, 2022, 10:54:16 AM »
Feeling a little under the weather today. Hoping I'm not actually sick and it's just some sinus issues, but I'm testing myself after I get off work. Keeping my fingers crossed.

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #24763 on: October 12, 2022, 01:29:24 PM »
gentrification

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24764 on: October 12, 2022, 09:54:26 PM »
I was having a really good session in Lynn today. I felt a little weak but I landed almost everything I tried. I was hungry. My fakie flat ground is on fire. I can do everything going pretty fast. Nollie is good lately too. I'm about to start practicing the straight 8. I haven't gotten one in my life I don't think? Not in a row.

I moved down to FNX building. There's a large Manny pad across from the wooden stage that Zared nose grinded. The brick Manny pad it's like 60 foot long maybe more. I skate it every time I go.
I'm falling short. I wait for the light to change. Run throw down at the curb. It's kinda quick feets. I pop one footer! Manny.... Slip out head smashed the ground.

People are looking too. I get up slowly and go after my board. I think I'm ok. This old man is pissed AF because it was heavy AF. He probably thought he was going to have to help me wrap my head.

No blood. Just the flash and the bells. Some blurry vision still. I got some free acid tho so I won't be sleeping tonight haha!!! I'm going out to get that switch heel I been chasing. That's the trick I can no longer do ever. Not in like 20 years and I never ever had them.

I need a helmet tho. I've hit my head 4x since 2016. Things have changed. I fold on basics sometimes. If I didn't have a hat on today I would have been split open again.

I got 7 staples in 2016. My head was open for 5 hrs and I had to drive before I was able to get help.

I think that's how I caught folliculitis. I had been skating for hrs and was soaked in sweat. I used two t shirts to wrap my head yo they was crust AF and smelled like beers upon beers and likely had venue mud on them.

Growing New stronger staff.
(A)pl(E)

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #24765 on: October 13, 2022, 01:08:22 PM »
Cold weather already has me mad depressed

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24766 on: October 13, 2022, 01:17:27 PM »
Lower back spasms, near kidney. Shit is brutal. Never had pulsating spasms before. Fuuuck
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #24767 on: October 13, 2022, 02:15:15 PM »
I just paid good money for a bad meal at a restaurant. I’ll never get that time and money back.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #24768 on: October 13, 2022, 10:09:24 PM »
Lower back spasms, near kidney. Shit is brutal. Never had pulsating spasms before. Fuuuck
Dude, tell me about it. I dealt with that shit for a month and still haven't full healed. What has really helped me out is dead hangs on pull up bars.
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24769 on: October 14, 2022, 08:13:13 AM »
Feeling neglected and ignored by the people I love and respect.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #24770 on: October 17, 2022, 11:00:27 AM »
Just when I was ready to say fuck it and terminate my lease I reread the terms and I'm pretty sure it'll cost 2.5x more than initially expected.. really hope mgmt follows up saying its not as bad it sounds.

Edit: yup 4 months rent to cancel a lease cause of the "2 free months" needing to be paid back that was given as a lease signing promo at the front

Only 7 months to ride out then.. fuck
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 11:52:00 AM by matt_2993 »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24771 on: October 20, 2022, 12:01:17 PM »
I was being a pussy earlier.

I got some I'll tricks.

Now I'm ok.

270 out is the cure
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 03:30:45 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

Bupstop

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #24772 on: October 21, 2022, 04:07:41 PM »
I have Osgood-Schlatter on my left knee. Went from skating for a few hours every other day to skating once a week for a half hour. Kind of bumming me out.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #24773 on: October 21, 2022, 08:26:04 PM »
Seinfeld finale
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

pleasent street

• Rep: -91
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24774 on: October 21, 2022, 08:39:11 PM »
I just paid good money for a bad meal at a restaurant. I’ll never get that time and money back.

that's the worst, especially when you know that with the money you spent on food at the restaurant you could have made at least 3 or 4 delicious meals at home.

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #24775 on: October 22, 2022, 01:11:55 PM »
my dog, my best friend of 14 years, passed away this morning i am so lost and crushed.

i focused the rain cruiser I would take her out on. i miss her so much already.

i dont know why im saying this to strangers on a skateboarding message board. nothing feels real today.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24776 on: October 23, 2022, 04:11:49 AM »
my dog, my best friend of 14 years, passed away this morning i am so lost and crushed.

i focused the rain cruiser I would take her out on. i miss her so much already.

i dont know why im saying this to strangers on a skateboarding message board. nothing feels real today.

oh man, that is terrible :(

rip to your friend

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #24777 on: October 23, 2022, 05:38:16 AM »
The idea that countries' gov.'s  are taking bold stands against countries gov.'s,  coupled with the fact countries have nuclear bombs to send at a moments notice.  This i'm not stoked on but I'm even less stoked that no one seems to give a fuck that they could conceivably have a bomb dropped on their heads.  Whichever country that has them obviously have the tech to send them wherever tf they want to.  Being scared of that does not make you a bad person.
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24778 on: October 23, 2022, 08:12:06 AM »
I'm sorry pals. I love you all. I hope things turn around for us.

We deserve to be happy
(A)pl(E)

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24779 on: October 25, 2022, 07:52:36 AM »
Just wasted about 2.5 hours at the county clerk’s office trying to get a title transferred and tags only to get turned away because the forms weren’t signed. I know I should have checked before, but I was under the impression that it had all been taken care of.
Fucking hate bureaucratic bullshit.