Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1883932 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #25050 on: March 23, 2023, 07:39:48 PM »
I had a huge assignment worth like 50% of my grade due Monday night at midnight.  I sent it to my professor around 6:30 monday evening.  I get an angry email from her today saying that she just got it and I'm going to lose a bunch of points off of my final grade.  The email says that I sent it to her today at 2:30 this afternoon with no record of me sending it Monday night.

I somehow convinced her that I actually did send it Monday by emailing her a screenshot showing the file was last modified Monday, but I'm sure I still look like a sketchy liar.  Im using outlook exchange.  WTF happened with the email and how do I prove I sent it on time?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #25051 on: March 23, 2023, 08:21:43 PM »
I had a huge assignment worth like 50% of my grade due Monday night at midnight.  I sent it to my professor around 6:30 monday evening.  I get an angry email from her today saying that she just got it and I'm going to lose a bunch of points off of my final grade.  The email says that I sent it to her today at 2:30 this afternoon with no record of me sending it Monday night.

I somehow convinced her that I actually did send it Monday by emailing her a screenshot showing the file was last modified Monday, but I'm sure I still look like a sketchy liar.  Im using outlook exchange.  WTF happened with the email and how do I prove I sent it on time?

Your sent emails folder should have a time stamped record. You should always turn on notifications for when the email arrives at destination and when it is opened for important thangs.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #25052 on: March 23, 2023, 08:51:10 PM »
It doesn’t.  The time stamp says I sent it today at 2:30 when I was on camera in a zoom meeting.  I sent it Monday night.  I checked my sent folder right after I sent it.  Now there is no record of that. 

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

sle_epy

• Rep: -94
« Reply #25053 on: March 24, 2023, 03:38:26 AM »
I keep waking up with weird sore spots (right ass cheek has been sore for days because I've been pushing differently) and the injuries I'm aware of accruing keep being bizarre (stretched my ulnar nerve during a slam last week). I know most of it is age (late 30s) and trying to get better after having started way late in life but it sucks. Does everyone else's body hurt and they just don't talk about it much? I'm the only chick in my crew, and the only one I know who eats shit on a regular basis so I dunno who to compare with. Getting old is super lame. You'd think being physically active would be enough, I know it's not but you'd think it would be. I've been trying to work out etc but I find it all exhausting. I just want to skate.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
« Reply #25054 on: March 24, 2023, 01:56:36 PM »
I keep waking up with weird sore spots (right ass cheek has been sore for days because I've been pushing differently) and the injuries I'm aware of accruing keep being bizarre (stretched my ulnar nerve during a slam last week). I know most of it is age (late 30s) and trying to get better after having started way late in life but it sucks. Does everyone else's body hurt and they just don't talk about it much? I'm the only chick in my crew, and the only one I know who eats shit on a regular basis so I dunno who to compare with. Getting old is super lame. You'd think being physically active would be enough, I know it's not but you'd think it would be. I've been trying to work out etc but I find it all exhausting. I just want to skate.

I didn't start really feeling old until I was 37 and it happened super fast. You definitely have to make an effort or it just gets worse. I'm pretty active but even little things like smoking too many cigs or not eating fruit/veg for a few days will affect me now so I try to eat better, limit my smoking as much as I can, actually take vitamins and exercise, and get enough sleep. Definitely makes a difference.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #25055 on: March 25, 2023, 11:43:35 AM »
Smashed my face into a wall trying to help my ex after she got too turnt. First bloody nose in my whole life and of course on Monday I'm supposed to go back into my office for the first time in 3 years. What the fuck.

Is a broken nose vs bruised nose an obvious difference? Some swelling going on and it hurts but nothing too terrible, like I can actually kinda squeeze my nose without it reaching unbearable pain by any means. Hope that's a good sign of just bruising

And now it turns out my ex actually broke her ankle.. 5 days before we're supposed to roadtrip and move her across the country
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 06:52:22 PM by matt_2993 »

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25056 on: March 29, 2023, 07:34:34 PM »
Having diarrhea sucks

boogs

« Reply #25057 on: March 29, 2023, 08:42:22 PM »

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -440
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25058 on: March 30, 2023, 08:21:17 AM »
Having diarrhea sucks

False, rhea poops are more satisfying than most poops. Especially when you’re like farting it out? Amazing

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #25059 on: April 03, 2023, 04:26:41 PM »
I had my uncle call me at work today asking for a plus one to my wedding. I told him that I couldn't cuz of the venue and we are already tight on our budget. He drunkenly told me he will pay but I told him no but wouldn't listen. I told him that if I see the person there I will be really pissed and will kick them out.

roll_dog

« Reply #25060 on: April 07, 2023, 03:23:48 PM »
Vertigo kicked back in. Dealt with it around new year's but I thought it had gone away. Tilted my head the wrong way at work, instantly turned hot sweaty nauseous and dizzy. Had to go home, everyone was understanding but Fridays are quiet and it's a good day to get caught up.

I read that vertigo comes back within a year in half of people who experience it. I hope this isn't a lifelong thing I will be dealing with, it's a downer.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #25061 on: April 08, 2023, 05:28:57 PM »
My boards missing. I feel like the biggest idiot. I got one last place to check but im pretty sure someone just stuck their hand in the window and bounced with it. Hope they ate total shit on my wobble truck front truck and my loose ass nuts in the back. Mad play bothe ends. Fool.

The bearings and wheels are the hardest part to deal with. I got those ceramics in 2016. Fastest shit ive ever had in my life. 58mm ogs are hard to score. I feel like really badly rn. I never loose boards. Ever. Thats like attached to me 24/7.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #25062 on: April 09, 2023, 05:54:11 AM »
My boards missing. I feel like the biggest idiot. I got one last place to check but im pretty sure someone just stuck their hand in the window and bounced with it. Hope they ate total shit on my wobble truck front truck and my loose ass nuts in the back. Mad play bothe ends. Fool.

The bearings and wheels are the hardest part to deal with. I got those ceramics in 2016. Fastest shit ive ever had in my life. 58mm ogs are hard to score. I feel like really badly rn. I never loose boards. Ever. Thats like attached to me 24/7.

that sucks so much, happened to me as well once when i went out with my board drinking. hoping for you it might still be at that place you have to check out. i also lost a few setups for other reasons(fell into a river lol). it hurts a lot everytime.

live, laugh, love

« Reply #25063 on: April 09, 2023, 07:12:09 AM »
Vertigo kicked back in. Dealt with it around new year's but I thought it had gone away. Tilted my head the wrong way at work, instantly turned hot sweaty nauseous and dizzy. Had to go home, everyone was understanding but Fridays are quiet and it's a good day to get caught up.

I read that vertigo comes back within a year in half of people who experience it. I hope this isn't a lifelong thing I will be dealing with, it's a downer.

Hey I just wanted to share what helped me when I was dealing with vertigo. It took a few times to finally get rid of it permanently, but it always stopped the spinning each time I used this exercise. I hope this helps.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #25064 on: April 10, 2023, 12:42:17 PM »
This place isn't as positive as we all make it out to be. More often than not, this place makes me want to kill myself. I think this will be my last post. Bye.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25065 on: April 10, 2023, 08:12:04 PM »
This place isn't as positive as we all make it out to be. More often than not, this place makes me want to kill myself. I think this will be my last post. Bye.

Damn yo. Plz dont. Im sorry.
(A)pl(E)

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
« Reply #25066 on: April 11, 2023, 07:24:44 AM »
A new guy moved in to my apartment complex a couple of months ago. He is pretty strange. Seems to be angrily muttering to himself every time I see him. A week ago he came home from work and slammed the gate to the backyard so hard that it broke lock. We have designated parking spaces and his park is ahead of mine. He's been parking within inches of my car every day, pretty much parking me in. Seems pretty aggressive but I don't know why he would do it. I wrote a note asking him to please give me more room when he parks and I left it on his windscreen last night. I hope he just accepts it and doesn't try turn this into a parking war.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25067 on: April 11, 2023, 07:26:38 AM »
A new guy moved in to my apartment complex a couple of months ago. He is pretty strange. Seems to be angrily muttering to himself every time I see him. A week ago he came home from work and slammed the gate to the backyard so hard that it broke lock. We have designated parking spaces and his park is ahead of mine. He's been parking within inches of my car every day, pretty much parking me in. Seems pretty aggressive but I don't know why he would do it. I wrote a note asking him to please give me more room when he parks and I left it on his windscreen last night. I hope he just accepts it and doesn't try turn this into a parking war.

muttering to yourself is a sign of having no one to vent to. try speaking with them calmly and rationally.
(A)pl(E)

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #25068 on: April 11, 2023, 08:07:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey I just wanted to share what helped me when I was dealing with vertigo. It took a few times to finally get rid of it permanently, but it always stopped the spinning each time I used this exercise. I hope this helps.

Co-sign this. My mom was having episodes of vertigo and a few times doing this technique have seemed to solve / really help. It definitely took a few treatments.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #25069 on: April 11, 2023, 09:30:01 PM »
im 35 and been here for years, but im bummed that we dont have a weekly nine club thread.

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #25070 on: April 13, 2023, 02:09:48 PM »
Had to yell at a student to get it through his thick skull he cannot eat rabbit poop in the school yard as a quick snack
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
« Reply #25071 on: April 13, 2023, 03:41:28 PM »
I had a vivid dream last night that (despite having never met him and I have no idea what he looks like) feedmeseymour came into my restaurant and I knew it was him. He was a late 30s something pale balding redhead, and I dropped his food off to him.

I am not stoked that I cannot message him and tell him this... Dreams are fucking weird.

roll_dog

« Reply #25072 on: April 13, 2023, 06:46:54 PM »
Thanks for you guys that shared the epley maneuver, it helped today.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #25073 on: April 13, 2023, 06:54:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn yo. Plz dont. Im sorry.

More positivity and fun is sorely needed here.  Most topics aren’t serious enough for the level of personal attacks thrown around.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #25074 on: April 17, 2023, 06:35:14 AM »
My dad was fighting lungfibrosis for a few years and as you might know that disease is deadly...
Basically it turns your lungs into stone and slowly you'll suffocate or you'll be posioning yourself with CO.

He was walking around with an oxygen tank already but 2 weeks ago his body was done and he was rushed to the ER.
He was already on the list for a lungtransplant but that could take months. The fact of the matter is that it would probbaly be too late in the end ...

Fortunately he was put up higher on the "rush" list and last thursday we were called with the message saying they had found a donor.

He had his transplant that very night but since then he's doing really bad. He can't talk, he's not himself, he loses weight and he can't cough up the flems.

Today they intubated him and they're going to do it that way.

I never had the "best" relationship with my dad, he was always very hard on me even though I was avery goo dkid, had awesome grades and ended up with a masters degree.

He never liked my skating, never liked the music I played etc.

That being said I respected him because he was a 'man's man". He could fix anything: Cars, the roof, plumbing .. .literally anything.

The last few years have been very very rough: My girlfriend"s cancer, not being able to have children anymore, my dad's illness, uncles who both have cancer, not being able to have intercourse with my girl anymore etc.

I'm praying something good will happen soon ... because it's ALOT to carry all of this by myself :(

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #25075 on: April 17, 2023, 06:51:07 AM »
My dad was fighting lungfibrosis for a few years and as you might know that disease is deadly...
Basically it turns your lungs into stone and slowly you'll suffocate or you'll be posioning yourself with CO.

He was walking around with an oxygen tank already but 2 weeks ago his body was done and he was rushed to the ER.
He was already on the list for a lungtransplant but that could take months. The fact of the matter is that it would probbaly be too late in the end ...

Fortunately he was put up higher on the "rush" list and last thursday we were called with the message saying they had found a donor.

He had his transplant that very night but since then he's doing really bad. He can't talk, he's not himself, he loses weight and he can't cough up the flems.

Today they intubated him and they're going to do it that way.

I never had the "best" relationship with my dad, he was always very hard on me even though I was avery goo dkid, had awesome grades and ended up with a masters degree.

He never liked my skating, never liked the music I played etc.

That being said I respected him because he was a 'man's man". He could fix anything: Cars, the roof, plumbing .. .literally anything.

The last few years have been very very rough: My girlfriend"s cancer, not being able to have children anymore, my dad's illness, uncles who both have cancer, not being able to have intercourse with my girl anymore etc.

I'm praying something good will happen soon ... because it's ALOT to carry all of this by myself :(

Good luck dude

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #25076 on: April 17, 2023, 11:47:44 PM »
I'm still close with my ex and I really don't like her current partner. I used to live their new partner years ago and they're a chronic liar, aswell as being really insincere and rude until they want or need something from people. My ex is also really gullible/trusting of people and I can just imagine him telling her all these stories filled with elaborate lies and details of things that never happened. Makes my blood boil.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #25077 on: April 19, 2023, 07:25:13 AM »
My partner, or ex, or whatever the fuck she is now called me and woke me up at 4:30 am just vomitting profusely on the phone. Gave me a panic attack out of worry then she kept saying "you're going to hate me in the morning" and said she filed a police report agaisnt me even though I didn't do shit other than look for her last weekend and call and text a lot looking for answers. You can't just ghost your kids father and then try to keep the kids from him without any explanation and expect me to be chill about it and just let it happen. Haven't been able to sleep since the call and it's 7:22 am.

Got court this morning at 9 am for a mischief charge on top of everything. Also have two gross huge stress cyst zits one in corner of my nose and one like a cm away from it by my lip. Plus I have hemorrhoids in addition to all that other lovely stuff. So yeah everything just going awesome as usual. Been a while since I dumped deatails of my pathetic joke of a life in here. At least I've remained sober this week.

Fuck this shit. It's been a miserable last 2 weeks and things just keep getting worse.

greasy_cankles

• Rep: 0
« Reply #25078 on: April 19, 2023, 10:04:09 PM »
Something I’m not stoked on is when it’s near closing at like target or the grocery store and they only have the self check outs open and you only have like 1 thing but everyone ahead of you has a boat load of stuff and not the slightest clue how to use them. It’s like watching paint dry

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #25079 on: April 20, 2023, 01:03:58 AM »
Flew with a friend back to LA to their new place but she has a broken ankle and has been using an ankle scooter. Upon landing, the scooter showed up missing hardware so the wheels were just dangling only connected by the break cord.  Fucking delta couldn't offer anything to help us get this resolved in the immediate moment. Had to hobble onto a shuttle just to get to the Uber area and my god is the world unforgiving for a fresh broken ankle

Can't wait for the customer service war from here.