Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880785 times)

Doctor Handsome

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #6450 on: November 30, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
CD player in my car quit working. Just in time for the season where AM/FM plays nothing but christmas tunes. Bah humbug!

At least your stereo didn't get stolen a month ago. I leave my window down regardless of how cold it is just so it's not completely silent in my car.

Upgrayedd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6451 on: November 30, 2009, 11:28:56 PM »
lost a bet. shaving my beard.  :'(

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #6452 on: December 01, 2009, 02:30:11 AM »
Someone's trying to argue with me that Big Bang Theory is a better tv show than Clone High.

Everyone at my local thinks two and a half men is a better show than Seinfeld. If there was a clocktower next to the park I would have climbed it with a high powered rifle slung over my shoulder.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #6453 on: December 01, 2009, 02:34:51 PM »
Rolled my ankle skating a rail in a parking garage yesterday due to rain....this morning i wake up and the sun is burning bright. :'(

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #6454 on: December 01, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »
paper and a really important spanish placement test tomorrow, 3 final papers on monday, 3 final papers on tuesday.

WWD4D?

« Reply #6455 on: December 01, 2009, 08:57:56 PM »
Working on a group presentation that's due tomorrow and so far the only people that have done any work in the group at all are me and this dude named Josh, and there's a total of 6 people in the group; I was talking to Josh and we decided that if no one emails us anything by the time its 10 PM we're just gonna have to do their portion of the work for them. They'll get no credit, but still that's a lot of work.
Oh yeah, and I also have a 9 page research paper due by Friday that I haven't even started on yet. I'm thinking of just starting on it the day before. I've bullshitted my way through some pretty long papers before; it usually doesn't take longer than 4 or 5 hours total.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6456 on: December 01, 2009, 09:19:08 PM »
lost a bet. shaving my beard.  :'(

dont! your friends are not better than the beard! not stoked on the beard loss and also being sick for more than a week. also called the doctor yesterday and didnt get an appointment till thursday.

ArizonaGreenTea

« Reply #6457 on: December 01, 2009, 10:54:52 PM »
Every little skate rat in my town turning into some chimney-smoking, drug fiending, faux hippy idiot.

I swear-to-god the first rip of marijuana smoke turned all these kids into little Jim Morrison wannabes. Every conversation I hear at the park starts with "...Dude just look at the fucking sunset man, we need some LSD" or "Dude I just want to go out to the desert and trip man."...and then they fucking run up to me when a cop car rolls by, asking me to hold on to their cig packs so they don't get busted.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #6458 on: December 02, 2009, 12:02:39 AM »
Every little skate rat in my town turning into some chimney-smoking, drug fiending, faux hippy idiot.

I swear-to-god the first rip of marijuana smoke turned all these kids into little Jim Morrison wannabes. Every conversation I hear at the park starts with "...Dude just look at the fucking sunset man, we need some LSD" or "Dude I just want to go out to the desert and trip man."...and then they fucking run up to me when a cop car rolls by, asking me to hold on to their cig packs so they don't get busted.

yeah that shit is lame.  kids thinking that they are "cool" just because they are doing drugs.  i do drugs sometimes for fun but it's not something i want the whole world to know about.  and i don't ever feel cool for doing them, i actually feel kind of the opposite, like what else i could be doing.  i'd rather spend my money taking a chick out or something, but i don't even really know how an older dude finds a decent chick.  this one girl gave me her number at a bar and i didn't even ask for it, she wouldn't leave me alone.  she was pretty busted, not bad, but i don't ever like to lower my standards.  she told me to call it so she would have mine.  i got home 30 minutes later and she was asking me to come over (she had a boyfriend too).  i just said i was going to bed.  she called again today.  fuck it.  i'd rather jack off than fuck a second rate ho. 

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #6459 on: December 02, 2009, 12:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
CD player in my car quit working. Just in time for the season where AM/FM plays nothing but christmas tunes. Bah humbug!
[close]

At least your stereo didn't get stolen a month ago. I leave my window down regardless of how cold it is just so it's not completely silent in my car.
i drive a 97 toyota corrolla which didn't even come with a tape player, so getting one of these isn't even a possibility.

instead of listen to the horrible music and holiday season sale commercials they play on the radio, i bought one of these and hook it up to my mp3 player. not loud at all, and when i drive on the freeway, i can barely hear it, but i can't drive long distances in silence.

not the same exact ones, but same concept.

either that, or just listen to your mp3 player with one headphone in.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6460 on: December 02, 2009, 12:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i drive a 97 toyota corrolla which didn't even come with a tape player, so getting one of these isn't even a possibility.

instead of listen to the horrible music and holiday season sale commercials they play on the radio, i bought one of these and hook it up to my mp3 player. not loud at all, and when i drive on the freeway, i can barely hear it, but i can't drive long distances in silence.

Dude...just get an FM transmitter.  Then listen to your iPod through the radio.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #6461 on: December 02, 2009, 01:16:14 AM »
pretty over school right now, even though i only have a week left and some finals to wrap up.  no motivation fuck student life over it
I wanna say 'stfu' but Its 4:15am and I have class in less than 4 hours so sleeping is out of the question and I side with you 100%

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6462 on: December 02, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »
My roommate took the TV out of the living room and put it in his room. Really cool.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #6463 on: December 02, 2009, 03:32:02 PM »
looked at the weather report a few days ago and it said 55 and sunny for the next week, so i didnt even bother to check it since then. then woke up today to 6 inches of snow. also have a midterm, a essay, and a group presentation due on friday and am already fully checked out of school. things could always be worse, but definitely not stoked...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #6464 on: December 02, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Dude...just get an FM transmitter.  Then listen to your iPod through the radio.
holy shit i never knew such a thing existed. i'm on it, thanks a lot.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #6465 on: December 03, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »
My phone had a system error and I had to get a new one from AT&T shipped to my house. It came yesterday and the UPS dude left it out in the rain ALL DAY.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #6466 on: December 03, 2009, 09:51:50 AM »
exam start next Thursday, I'm fucked.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #6467 on: December 03, 2009, 12:01:04 PM »
moved back to my hometown. not stoked on no girls, no skating, no jobs and no fun.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

alrightythen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #6468 on: December 03, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »

Dear Slappers

I think my following post should be in a different thread, 'things i feel disgusted just talking about", but it doesn't seem to exist.

I have a hard time seeing how people can think different from me. you know how when someone mentions something and suddenly you see it everywhere. it happened to me. TWINTIPPERS and their stupid rituals. i really enthusiastic 'friend' of mine told me how super cool and awesome this new camera was. i thought okay cool cameras - i can talk about this. And then he showed me this really aweful XTREME person cam.
"you can strap it to your helmet and poles and it films you in the air -blablabla" it was so fucking hideous i was about to smack him.

and why does everyone who rode those stupid twins love jamaica so much? they be reppin those national colors and bob gnarly all day.

had to get that off my back
sorry for the rant

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #6469 on: December 03, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I like it
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #6470 on: December 03, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #6471 on: December 03, 2009, 06:56:07 PM »
Some Fucker is acusing me of Hitting a kid at the place I volunteer.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #6472 on: December 03, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »
exam start next Thursday, I'm fucked.

Yup. Pretty much have to echo Brandon's sentiments here, I'm just really fucking over school right now. I'm going to be up all night writing this goddamn shitty paper and then it'll be right on to the next one and studying for those fucking things next week.

For the first time since I came to university I have a decently long Christmas break though, 3 weeks, should be good to unwind. Hopefully I'll have a better work ethic next semester (no I won't).

oldcasual

• Rep: 24
  • feed your head
« Reply #6473 on: December 03, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
i've had ringworm for the last month and it's starting to get really bad, i've been putting fingernail polish on it and showering/changing more than usual and it seems to be getting worse. I gotta go to the doc asap
'how can we hate or love or judge in this sea-swarm world of atoms, all one one all'

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #6474 on: December 03, 2009, 09:53:27 PM »
people
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:48:45 PM by drunk »
formerly toonie

odp

« Reply #6475 on: December 03, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
something is fucked up with my cars heating system. It might be the thermostat, the radiator, or there might be a leak in one of the radiator hoses. Motherfucking temp gauge gets wicked high when i'm not driving over 60mph on the freeway, however when i'm clipping along it's all set due to what i'd imagine is the wind cooling things down. So i've gotta have my homie check it out sunday, hopefully won't cost me too much.

My muffler is rotted through also, goddamn thing sounds hispanic and it's a civic to boot.

today was dope ass day though, a beautiful thing, so this shit's really not that un stoke worthy.

Hobo.Joe

• Rep: 14
« Reply #6476 on: December 03, 2009, 10:12:46 PM »
something is fucked up with my cars heating system. It might be the thermostat, the radiator, or there might be a leak in one of the radiator hoses. Motherfucking temp gauge gets wicked high when i'm not driving over 60mph on the freeway, however when i'm clipping along it's all set due to what i'd imagine is the wind cooling things down. So i've gotta have my homie check it out sunday, hopefully won't cost me too much.

Same shit happened to my last car over the summer. Pretty much if i wasn't on 195 or 140, the temperature was ridiculous, and it ended up shitting the bed in September. According to one of my buddies it was a wicked easy fix, but i really wanted a truck and it was a pretty good excuse for me to buy one.

odp

« Reply #6477 on: December 03, 2009, 10:15:08 PM »
haha, i was on 95 and 140 when shit went down today.... i don't want a new car so hopefully it's an easy deal

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #6478 on: December 04, 2009, 12:15:29 AM »
i've had ringworm for the last month and it's starting to get really bad, i've been putting fingernail polish on it and showering/changing more than usual and it seems to be getting worse. I gotta go to the doc asap

you gotta use this ointment called lamisil.
i was on the wrestling team at my highschool for a couple years and i've had my fair share of ringworm... use three times a day and shit should be gone within a couple weeks from the sounds of how bad it is

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #6479 on: December 04, 2009, 05:51:39 AM »
cant fucking sleep