Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885609 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #12150 on: August 21, 2012, 08:12:07 AM »
memorizing 84 muscles + functions.

fuck, that.
I'm taking anatomy right now too. It sucks.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #12151 on: August 21, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »
I woke up with body aches and just general malaise (but no fever, sore throat, etc). It feels very much like a cold/flu but without certain symptoms. Weird. Supposed to go hang out with my friends later goddamnit

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #12152 on: August 21, 2012, 12:01:46 PM »
No cute chicks or friends in any of my college classes. I'm all alone at lunch, I just sit there listening to Neil Young. Man next time I'm skating to 7-11 to get a slushie.
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #12153 on: August 21, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
^Wow that's massively depressing, I'm glad I don't have it that bad.

Trying to do a feeble fakie, went to boardslide and slipped out.fell on tailbone and my neck cracked 5 or so times, and now I have shooting pains and back spasms in my lower back
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12154 on: August 21, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
No cute chicks or friends in any of my college classes. I'm all alone at lunch, I just sit there listening to Neil Young. Man next time I'm skating to 7-11 to get a slushie.
It'll get better once you start meeting other people

Rik Ollie

« Reply #12155 on: August 21, 2012, 02:33:06 PM »
Working on an organic vegetable farm for 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, on a 6 month contract, pulling in $800 a month.  2 months left.....

foureyedjim

« Reply #12156 on: August 21, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote
memorizing 84 muscles + functions.

fuck, that.
[close]
I'm taking anatomy right now too. It sucks.

the sucky thing is, I'm only taking this 1st class out of 3 (anatomy AND physiology) because my damn school doesn't offer the anatomy lab
that I need for grad school so I'm forced to take it at a community college.  I might not even finish the series if I find an anatomy+lab class at another CC nearby by school (which fills up very quick).  So basically, the class I'm taking right now could just end up being a waste of my time

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #12157 on: August 21, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
Ran for the train and now my left knee hurts.  just turned 33 and am hoping my body isn't starting to give out.

Harem

« Reply #12158 on: August 22, 2012, 06:47:13 AM »
Working on an organic vegetable farm for 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, on a 6 month contract, pulling in $800 a month.  2 months left.....

So you work 240 hours a month for what? $3.33 odd an hour? Why the fuck would you agree to that?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #12159 on: August 22, 2012, 07:52:33 AM »
Damn maybe you should try listening to somebody with less sad songs when you're sitting alone haha.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12160 on: August 22, 2012, 07:56:57 AM »
Yeah, like Morrissey.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

foureyedjim

« Reply #12161 on: August 22, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »

what year into college are you?

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #12162 on: August 22, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »

i believe they call em slurpees?

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12163 on: August 22, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »
I've got lactose intolerance but still enjoy eating the odd bowl(s) of cereal.

It's not severe or anything, but I still get the bloated gut, gurgling stomach and non stop farts.

paulhartman4prez

• Rep: 22
« Reply #12164 on: August 22, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So you work 240 hours a month for what? $3.33 odd an hour? Why the fuck would you agree to that?

Yeah, that's regular. Get a job serving, or tend bar and make bank. I serve at a breakfast spot, done t 3:30 and it's always worth it.
On the side of things I'm not stoked on, my sister leaves for college tomorrow and I am pretty sure she has stolen a ton of my awesome t-shirts.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #12165 on: August 22, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »

It's not severe or anything, but I still get the bloated gut, gurgling stomach and non stop farts.

Thus directly contradicting your username. Have you tried almond milk? It's fantastic.

Rik Ollie

« Reply #12166 on: August 22, 2012, 06:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, that's regular. Get a job serving, or tend bar and make bank. I serve at a breakfast spot, done t 3:30 and it's always worth it.
On the side of things I'm not stoked on, my sister leaves for college tomorrow and I am pretty sure she has stolen a ton of my awesome t-shirts.

Despite the shit money, knowing how grow awesome food is pretty key.  Beats serving shitty food to some jerks.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #12167 on: August 22, 2012, 07:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thus directly contradicting your username. Have you tried almond milk? It's fantastic.

Almond milk is delicious, as is soy milk. make sure to get the vanilla flavored of either one though. the plain/unsweetened ones are a little weird.

Sgt.Pepper

« Reply #12168 on: August 22, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn maybe you should try listening to somebody with less sad songs when you're sitting alone haha.
I was blasting Operation Ivy and Bad Religion today. It's less depressing than listening to Neil sing "Oh Lonesome Me" while I play oregon trail on my phone.

Sgt.Pepper

« Reply #12169 on: August 22, 2012, 07:50:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's my 1st year.

foureyedjim

« Reply #12170 on: August 22, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It's my 1st year.

ah, I was pretty much the same too, everyone was trying way too hard to get to know each other and it was too weird for me so I kinda kept to myself the whole year.  If you're up for it, I suggest trying to get on your campus radio.  I thought about it my first year, but it's kinda too time consuming for my major, but I ended up making a few friends just through my initial interest.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #12171 on: August 22, 2012, 10:08:31 PM »

The best way to meet people is to get involved with something at your college.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12172 on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »
And serial rape.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12173 on: August 23, 2012, 09:34:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Almond milk is delicious, as is soy milk. make sure to get the vanilla flavored of either one though. the plain/unsweetened ones are a little weird.
Upon recommendation, I went and picked up a half gallon of vanilla almond milk and tried it this morning with cereal. While it's a little thicker than regular milk, I can certainly get used to this. Tastes delicious

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #12174 on: August 23, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Upon recommendation, I went and picked up a half gallon of vanilla almond milk and tried it this morning with cereal. While it's a little thicker than regular milk, I can certainly get used to this. Tastes delicious
Yeah, that's what I like about it - it's like a whole milk substitute. If you're into less thick stuff you might try rice milk, which is also good and has a much thinner consistency.

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
« Reply #12175 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »
my resume is not a good resume

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #12176 on: August 23, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »
Riding home drunk from the bar the other night my bike showed signs of being kinda fucked up. Not sure whats wrong with it and have been to hung over to take it to the bike shop today.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #12177 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »

Thanks Lowcard. Didn't think my pictures were that bad.

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #12178 on: August 23, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »
Cutting my fingers with sharp ass knifes at work and hearing the mexicans complain how I'm working to slow... My friends car breaking down on me after a long day at work, and then having to push it 2 miles to the gas station for the battery to be dead, which lead to more pushing. Finally got to my moms and passed out, I woke up and had to buy a 150 dollar battery because my idiot friend went out of town with his sisters car and left me with his piece of shit car. Last but not least coming home to a brand new 12 pack of code red defiled and tossed aside like some previously utilized rape victim... the horror.

I'm also not stoked on the non mystic people in the world.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #12179 on: August 24, 2012, 07:38:27 PM »
Went into Boston to visit an old friend this past Wednesday. the day started off nicely as we took her two kids to an old fort and got to explore some cool shit while catching up. Then, I called my friends who I have been working under the table with for the past 2 years, expecting to set up a good paying job for Friday (today) and was told that they weren't down to work anymore. I no longer have any source of income. I gripe for a while and get over it after the old friend told me I could rent her and her husbands basement for $50/week and she'd hook me up with a bar tending job at the restaurant she manages. I've got to move 4 hours away into the mountains. So, it's not that bad but I made cash hand over fucking fist for the past few years.

well, I wake early today to visit my uncle who is in the hospital who is dying of liver failure, septic infection, and hepatitis C complications. Driving to get a coffee at 9am, I stop at a red light. Accelerating upon the green light, my car dies in the middle of the intersection. It's never died before. Luckily some dude pulls over and helps push it to a parking lot. He's a fat Puerto Rican with jail tattoos and facial scars. While pushing he starts yelling "yo, you fucking piggies. fuck you. you ain't gonna tow my homie. we going to the parking lot, man." He then says to me "yo, man, I gotta help you. you drive a Honda. I work in pharmaceutical sales, so I gotta work all hours of the day and night. My shit breaks down all the time. Nobody helps me." I end up getting the car towed back to the house and trade the driver my last sack of cali green instead of paying cash.

After this, I walk to where my mother works and ask to borrow her car so I can kick it with my uncle in the hospital. I drive out there and chill for a few hours. He's pretty much passed out the entire time that I'm there due to the medication he is on. The nurse tells me that the infection in his shoulder is due to his having used dirty needles before he got to the hospital. It's like, "great, dude. you used to be a fucking nurse. At least use a clean syringe."

So, I head home again, and check the mail. I've got 2 overdraft notices from the bank that will cost me $70 and another from the insurance company saying that I owe $300 due to a missed $80 car insurance payment. This is aggravating because I went to the bank, for the first time in nearly a year, to set up overdraft protection which will draw from another section of my account. Apparently it wasn't set up correctly and i've got to go talk to some suits and square this shit away on Monday.

Well, I ride my bike over to Starbucks to get a coffee and take a breather. A few weeks ago, a clerk had said she recognizes me from the yoga center and started small talk. We've talked a few times since and I've told her to go to yoga on certain days, because i'm there 4-5 days during the week. She went last night and looked really good in her yoga pants and what not. So today I said "Hey, i'm happy you went to yoga last night... blah blah blah" she smiled and I brushed off the apology she made for not sticking around to chat after class. After a 2.5 hour session I was floating on yoga clouds anyways. She then tells me she went to art school and wants to start working on a spray paint project. With yoga and spray paint in the picture, I see her as a far cooler girl at this point and say "ah, we're always talking it up here. We should hang out sometime" Again, she smiles and says "I'd really like that" and upon asking, gives me her phone number. Well, she's told me her name and I don't remember it, so that's already fucking awkward. I was going to work it out with a text saying "hey, it's steven.... blah blah blah" but i didn't save the fucking number.

Strangely, none of this has brought me into a bad mood. I'm actually content. This financial shit sucks though.