Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885751 times)

ImportantGuy

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #18870 on: November 12, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
You know what they say : never meet your hero's cock.

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #18871 on: November 12, 2017, 08:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Louis C.K.
[close]
...yes

Heard the rumors for years, but desperately wanted them to be untrue.
[close]
His statement regarding the situtation seemed very honest, heartfelt and intelligent. I was actually proud of him for it. Usually they just deny, deny, deny. It makes us think about the gross power dynamics related to money, fame and admiration.

Wha?!   I'm sure his appology was heartfelt.  He's a psycho.   He says in his long winded apology that the women complied out of "admiration"    The fact is  it was work related, he was the biggest star on the set and the womens jobs were therefore in possible jepordy.  His apology shows he dosen't understand the position he put these women  in or won't admit to it.   The bar is set so low that you are "proud" which is kind of american. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:47:59 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ImportantGuy

« Reply #18872 on: November 12, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Louis C.K.
[close]
...yes

Heard the rumors for years, but desperately wanted them to be untrue.
[close]
His statement regarding the situtation seemed very honest, heartfelt and intelligent. I was actually proud of him for it. Usually they just deny, deny, deny. It makes us think about the gross power dynamics related to money, fame and admiration.
[close]

Wha?!   I'm sure his appology was heartfelt.  He's a psycho.   He says in his long winded apology that the women complied out of "admiration"    The fact is  it was work related, he was the biggest star on the set and the womens jobs were therefore on the line.  His apology shows he dosen't understand what he did wrong or won't admit to it.   The bar is set so low that you are "proud" which is kind of american.
Proud was the wrong word. I guess I just liked that he was honest about the fact that none of these women would ever sit there and look at his dick if his status wasn't what it was. He recognized that he used that power to make these things happen. It just felt genuine.

You're right, I'm not proud of Louis C.K.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:57:57 PM by ImportantGuy »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18873 on: November 12, 2017, 09:13:27 PM »
[quote author=Important guy he was honest about the fact that none of these women would ever sit there and look at his dick if his status wasn't what it was.

Its all in the wording.  He paints it like "they agreed to watch me masturbate cause you know -Im a big deal" But again, the reality is that the women complaining were in a work situation.  If he's the big money draw whats UNSAID is, "you better shudup and be a good little slut or else you'll lose that shiddy apt your paying to much for cause who knows you might get canned"  Imagine knowing you've got THAT power over someone (not rock star power but I can get you fired power) and then pulling your dick out and jerking off in front of their victimized ass. If you do that to a human your 'taking the steez,  over seas' imo.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:19:30 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

ImportantGuy

« Reply #18874 on: November 12, 2017, 09:28:22 PM »
I'm all thinked out here man... This recent epidemic of sexual harassment allegations is definitely headfucking me. I just make sure nobody's watching when I jerk off.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:50:30 AM by ImportantGuy »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18875 on: November 13, 2017, 04:37:49 AM »
I'm all thinked out here man... This recent epidemic of sexual harassment allegations is definitely headfucking me. I just make sure nobody's watching when I jerk off.
  I think you can and should jerk off with people watching as long as the person who's permission you've asked, doesn't have there livelyhood hanging in the balance.   Thanks for giving my spiel some thought.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:39:30 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #18876 on: November 13, 2017, 07:10:28 AM »
When it rains it pours.

Can't even watch news now without another sexual assault etc scandel brewing
Gentleman ninja warlock

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18877 on: November 13, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »
spray painting and im high as fuck
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ImportantGuy

« Reply #18878 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:23 PM »
I'm not stoked on the Vans anti-Nazi thread. Brainy wankery fucking bullshit. Forgetting the point.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18879 on: November 14, 2017, 11:07:36 AM »
People that ask for a ride somewhere then ask you to wait a few mins when you pick them up.

Or they say they have one stop and that turns into multiple spots.

Fuck this, I'm leaving homie stranded in town. Call a fuckin cab

*Should been in the pet peeves thread
Gentleman ninja warlock

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #18880 on: November 14, 2017, 11:31:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  I think you can and should jerk off with people watching as long as the person who's permission you've asked, doesn't have there livelyhood hanging in the balance.   Thanks for giving my spiel some thought.

Wasn't this over ten years ago? So not in a setting where Louis CK was their boss? I realize this is nitpicking a bit and it doesn't take away from how depraved it is, but the power dynamic wasn't as pronounced as it would have been further on in his career. As Laura Silverman's story shows, not all of these cases were exploitative or criminal (at least she didn't think so, but interestingly, some people have told her she should).

What I'm getting at is that he is an exhibitionist, a compulsive masturbator. We've all seen or heard of people like that, I'm sure. In a way, he is condemned more for it because he is famous - there are very few people to whom he is not a person of interest/power/influence. He cannot realistically escape that power dynamic very easily. Again, that doesn't mean he was any less culpable for exploiting his position.

But he may not have fully realized that at the time. Hence, I might be even more bummed about his (& his manager's) efforts to pressure people into silence. That clearly is knowing, intentional, purposeful abuse of power.

This article is pretty telling, I thought: http://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/opinion/sunday/louis-ck-harassment.html
This is a thing for many women, in many industries, apparently. I don't think I fully realized that before.

It will take time, and it may be wishful thinking, but I think it will result in his best material. As well as more awareness and change in all of this, of course.

I know what you're saying man. This episode in the metoo-saga just shows how complex it can be. Is Sarah Silverman complicit? How about other powerhouses? Then there are also women who think he did nothing wrong, just that he is a dirty guy. Can't just mansplain that away either.

ImportantGuy

« Reply #18881 on: November 14, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »
^
"It will take time, and it may be wishful thinking, but I think it will result in his best material."

So true. I also agree about him not being able to escape the power dynamics that will often help enable abuse. The dude is a wealthy celebrity and can easily convince women to comply. I'm sure he's intelligent and self-aware enough to know he was causing pain.

It's important to remember everyone suffers.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:48:48 AM by ImportantGuy »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18882 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wasn't this over ten years ago? So not in a setting where Louis CK was their boss? I realize this is nitpicking a bit and it doesn't take away from how depraved it is, but the power dynamic wasn't as pronounced as it would have been further on in his career. As Laura Silverman's story shows, not all of these cases were exploitative or criminal (at least she didn't think so, but interestingly, some people have told her she should).

What I'm getting at is that he is an exhibitionist, a compulsive masturbator. We've all seen or heard of people like that, I'm sure. In a way, he is condemned more for it because he is famous - there are very few people to whom he is not a person of interest/power/influence. He cannot realistically escape that power dynamic very easily. Again, that doesn't mean he was any less culpable for exploiting his position.

But he may not have fully realized that at the time. Hence, I might be even more bummed about his (& his manager's) efforts to pressure people into silence. That clearly is knowing, intentional, purposeful abuse of power.

This article is pretty telling, I thought: http://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/opinion/sunday/louis-ck-harassment.html
This is a thing for many women, in many industries, apparently. I don't think I fully realized that before.

It will take time, and it may be wishful thinking, but I think it will result in his best material. As well as more awareness and change in all of this, of course.

Expand Quote
[close]

I know what you're saying man. This episode in the metoo-saga just shows how complex it can be. Is Sarah Silverman complicit? How about other powerhouses? Then there are also women who think he did nothing wrong, just that he is a dirty guy. Can't just mansplain that away either.
   Notice the women who are complaining are comedians too in the same industry.  I never insinuated Louis ck was anyone's boss.  But the fact is louie ck can get you fucking fired or blackballed in the comedy industry.  He's (was) a huge money draw.   The women complaining are not chicks he met at whole foods who he can't ruin.   (thinkin caps people PLEASE)    edit i think your weakest point was "there are also women who think he did nothing wrong" - I wouldn't try to 'mansplain' that 'away'.  Theres billions or millions of women in the world.  They think lots of different shit.  You're being somewhat sympathetic for  louis ck which seems in this situation, kind of american (2 americans in the thread).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:29:13 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

excitableboy

« Reply #18883 on: November 14, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »
My question was whether Louis was that much of a powerhouse back then, if at all. For a long time he was a fairly obscure comic, with material that didn't really hit the mainstream. Far from able to curtail people's careers.

As for the weakest point, I just noted that these cases of abuse are perceived by many (men and women) to be unabusive - who feel it is infantilising to women to consider it as such. I don't agree, but it's relevant to the broader point I was making about it being complex.

This is me with my thinking cap on. Sorry if it's not up to your standards.

Edit: I'm trying to keep up with your edits here (your brain is amazing!). Wasn't aware sympathy for perverts was an American thing, but if you say so. I'm not American though.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:33:47 PM by excitableboy »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18884 on: November 14, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »
My question was whether Louis was that much of a powerhouse back then, if at all. For a long time he was a fairly obscure comic, with material that didn't really hit the mainstream. Far from able to curtail people's careers.

As for the weakest point, I just noted that these cases of abuse are perceived by many (men and women) to be unabusive - who feel it is infantilising to women to consider it as such. I don't agree, but it's relevant to the broader point I was making about it being complex.

This is me with my thinking cap on. Sorry if it's not up to your standards.
   Hmm  10years ago he wasn't huge?  If he wasn't big at that point than I'm wrong as fuck.  Sorry. (edit I'm gonna check about that tho, just for personal interest.)

excitableboy

« Reply #18885 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »
Again, I never claimed he wasn't huge. I merely asked the question.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #18886 on: November 14, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »
I'm sure he's intelligent and self-aware enough to know he was causing pain.

How does this make it any better? If anything, this makes his actions even worse.

People are still coming out with accusations and you're most concerned with how this is going to influence his next stand-up special? Y'all are fucked up...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18887 on: November 14, 2017, 12:47:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How does this make it any better? If anything, this makes his actions even worse.

People are still coming out with accusations and you're most concerned with how this is going to influence his next stand-up special? Y'all are fucked up...
Just to be fair to buddy I think he meant it as a point angainst CK , not in a way to defend him (I don't want to be assumptuous tho.)  But yah I was surprised to hear someone even  mention his comeback at this point. I know people on here are quick to be calling other people 'captin save a hoe' but I think expressing concern about CK and talking about his comeback is 'male-centric' at this point in the situation.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:53:27 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

excitableboy

« Reply #18888 on: November 14, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Just to be fair to buddy I think he meant it as a point angainst CK , not in a way to defend him (I don't want to be assumptuous tho.)  But yah I was surprised to hear someone even  mention his comeback at this point. I know people on here are quick to be calling other people 'captin save a hoe' but I think expressing concern about CK and talking about his comeback is 'male-centric' at this point in the situation.

I see what you mean. I guess anticipating ever laughing about these things is rather unbecoming, indeed. Personally, i think it came from a 'comedy-fan-centric' place, more so than a 'male-centric' place, though. Or, did it...? I suppose I am pretty fucked up in regretting the loss of a great comic. I read somewhere that to derive any joy from his work now is to be complicit in his behavior. I'm afraid I'd still laugh at much of his stuff, and fail to see that as an endorsement of his appalling behavior.

shark tits

« Reply #18889 on: November 14, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I see what you mean. I guess anticipating ever laughing about these things is rather unbecoming, indeed. Personally, i think it came from a 'comedy-fan-centric' place, more so than a 'male-centric' place, though. Or, did it...? I suppose I am pretty fucked up in regretting the loss of a great comic. I read somewhere that to derive any joy from his work now is to be complicit in his behavior. I'm afraid I'd still laugh at much of his stuff, and fail to see that as an endorsement of his appalling behavior.
i think that's a little excessive.
anyone can write an opinion but it's just that.
anyone can laugh about anything they want.
there you go, you're absolved of guilt by reading that last sentence.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18890 on: November 14, 2017, 01:23:21 PM »
Pro skaters do the same shit. Every fucking industry does.

I'm not saying it's right, definitely goes both fuckin ways.

Humans are most often fucked in the head.

Men and women...

Haven't y'all watched Grey's anatomy?
Gentleman ninja warlock

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18891 on: November 14, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »
  For me this calls for some lois ck watching.  I know that # one, I'll laugh cause he tends to be funny #2 It will be too ineresting to hear his topics in light of the allegations.  So his stuff now will have much more dimention for my kind of entertainment.  I love character study tho.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18892 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:41 PM »
  For me this calls for some lois ck watching.  I know that # one, I'll laugh cause he tends to be funny #2 It will be too ineresting to hear his topics in light of the allegations.  So his stuff now will have much more dimention for my kind of entertainment.  I love character study tho.

CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18893 on: November 14, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »
  ^hmmm.   Bit confessional perhaps?  (edit just to clarify I would not watch any new stuff if he was to put any out tho, wouldn't give him a click)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:34:21 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

ImportantGuy

« Reply #18894 on: November 14, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All I'm saying is that Louis suffers too. We all do. It's universal and wide-ranging. This takes nothing away from the women he's abused over the years.
I also happen to think comedy can be a great form of social-commentary. If Louis could turn his situation around and use this for future material, it could not only be funny, but insightful.
I really don't see how any of this is male-centric.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:35:26 PM by ImportantGuy »

ImportantGuy

« Reply #18895 on: November 14, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »

Men and women...

This

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18896 on: November 14, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »
  We all suffer is true but haven't heard you mention the womxn (people love that spelling)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:40:20 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

ImportantGuy

« Reply #18897 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »
  We all suffer is true but haven't heard you mention the womxn (people love that spelling)
Alright man, this one goes out to all the women.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18898 on: November 14, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Alright man, this one goes out to all the women.
big joke

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18899 on: November 14, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote

Men and women...

[close]
This
This?   that was a turd of a post, it wasn't a  'this'