Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885162 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19530 on: April 03, 2018, 10:34:32 PM »
Just came home. Tough day. Very tough day.

Tumor was bigger than expected and rubbed off on the nearby glands. Bad news.
Chance of becoming parents git even smaller. Bad news.

Chemotherapy will start on the 16th of april.

A tough few weeks/months ahead.

Lifting weights and skateboarding is all Imhave. All my friends love hours away from me. Bad news.

F*ck this. Sorry for cursing.
Don't forget music. Most important of all though, is to keep her from dwelling on it too much. Just focus on the treatment path.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #19531 on: April 03, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »
Asada and shrimp burrito.  Staple in the last bite.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #19532 on: April 04, 2018, 06:39:34 AM »
Actually been coming back to this thread to see if there's any updates from DR. Strange how we form a soft spot for complete strangers. Still, that's unfortunate DR and I hope you and your lady pull through this.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19533 on: April 04, 2018, 07:26:49 AM »
Positive vibrations to you and your girl, distant dude !

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #19534 on: April 04, 2018, 07:55:18 AM »
Yeah I'm hoping for the best for you both. It's great you're being so supportive of her.

Youtube shooting :/

This is insane:
twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/981515726652616705

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #19535 on: April 04, 2018, 12:31:05 PM »
Snappy 360 flips and sick pump sent to DR. Wish you guys the best.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #19536 on: April 04, 2018, 02:27:46 PM »
Damn DR, that fucking suck! I dont read this thread that often so I didnt knew about it, but I'm sending you some positive vibes to you and your girl. You'll pull throught this together, think positive!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #19537 on: April 04, 2018, 05:51:13 PM »
Sending positive vibes, Slap is here for support

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

calvinsdream

« Reply #19538 on: April 04, 2018, 06:01:54 PM »
Asada and shrimp burrito.  Staple in the last bite.

You deserve that for eating a shrimp burrito my dude

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #19539 on: April 05, 2018, 04:08:11 AM »
Hit the ditch in my truck during a snowstorm and nearly broke my fuckin neck.

I can hardly fuckin move my upper body

Not stoked

Oh and my truck is fucked, but I guess that's why I pay insurance
Gentleman ninja warlock

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #19540 on: April 06, 2018, 07:16:58 AM »
this was my backyard this morning. where the fuck is spring?

Spaghetti Croc69

• Rep: -10
« Reply #19541 on: April 06, 2018, 07:24:12 AM »
I feel ya dude. Im in Wy and its still snowing as well..  :'(

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19542 on: April 06, 2018, 07:44:20 AM »
Yeah we got a good 6-7 inches in about 2 hours, that's when I was on the highway and hit the ditch, couldn't see a fuckin thing.

I'm over winter
Gentleman ninja warlock

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19543 on: April 06, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
amazing backyard btw

ciaran

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19544 on: April 06, 2018, 05:56:57 PM »
Just came home. Tough day. Very tough day.

Tumor was bigger than expected and rubbed off on the nearby glands. Bad news.
Chance of becoming parents git even smaller. Bad news.

Chemotherapy will start on the 16th of april.

A tough few weeks/months ahead.

Lifting weights and skateboarding is all Imhave. All my friends love hours away from me. Bad news.

F*ck this. Sorry for cursing.

Really sorry to read this.

Stay strong, for her and for you. 
There will be days when it all feels like everything will come crashing down and the universe hates you.  That will pass.  You will get through it.

Keep busy, keep trying to stay active (both of you), get her out and about as much as possible, get friends over to see her as much as possible.  Don't let it grind you down.  PMA's go a long way to help beat cancer.  Best of luck.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #19545 on: April 06, 2018, 08:54:22 PM »
I had to use a sock to wipe my ass today at a public restroom and they were some new crispy Hanes joints man fuck

ungzilla

« Reply #19546 on: April 07, 2018, 08:33:39 PM »
at least you didn't pay for them

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #19547 on: April 08, 2018, 06:36:40 PM »
moving sux! that is all

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #19548 on: April 09, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »
Haven't skated aside from transportation in over a week, and still won't be able to until tomorrow night. In addition, Chicago just got hit by its final wintry kick in the teeth from mother nature.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

shark tits

« Reply #19549 on: April 09, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »
rope burn on my dick.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19550 on: April 09, 2018, 05:26:27 PM »
rope burn on my dick.

i fucking hate when that happens

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #19551 on: April 11, 2018, 03:00:09 AM »
Girlfriend has had her first operation.
Ovaries were removed.

Hurt like hell as they apparently blow up your stomach and work in there with robots. But it went well..

Next Tuesday: first chemotherapy session...

We're just getting started...

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19552 on: April 11, 2018, 09:15:48 AM »
We're all pulling for you guys, Distant Rumours.

I'm not stoked on the meeting I just had. The lead designer in our office is leaving for a new job and I'm sort of the next in command from him. There's a project he would've been assigned to but I offered to take over since he's leaving. I know the client because she's worked all over the university, but I've never actually worked on anything with her and that was enough for her to pretty much write me off as less capable of working on her fucking project. She didn't say those words, but pretty much said that she's nervous now because I'm on the project and not the other dude, even though she's heard some of her most respected colleges speak very highly of me and the work I do. I sort of sarcastically said something like "we'll, I know I've got some big shoes to fill, but I hope I can provide what you need". What she needs is fucking copy edits.

To top it all off, we talked for a while about where the other designer is going and whats going to happen to with his job here and she said something like "JB can't handle this roll, so are they going to find someone else to replace you or just hire a new designer." This bitch has never worked with me, but knows I can't handle a fucking title with the word "Manager" in it. He's not a manager, he doesn't go to management meetings. He just has the experience to tell me and the other designer if what were doing is the best it can be. Other than that, we work on projects of the same level. 

I'm sure she had no idea she was even being rude, but I'm not happy that someone can low key disrespect me like that.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19553 on: April 11, 2018, 09:58:18 AM »
If she does it again wonder aloud if you're in the right job and everyone's assholes will slam shut at the idea of being out two designers at the same time.

Or I guess you could even do it now. Ask whoever is between you and her if there's an issue (in a "is there going to be a fuckin problem?" way) and it'll probably be dealt with by end of business.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19554 on: April 11, 2018, 10:18:59 AM »
We're all pulling for you guys, Distant Rumours.

I'm not stoked on the meeting I just had. The lead designer in our office is leaving for a new job and I'm sort of the next in command from him. There's a project he would've been assigned to but I offered to take over since he's leaving. I know the client because she's worked all over the university, but I've never actually worked on anything with her and that was enough for her to pretty much write me off as less capable of working on her fucking project. She didn't say those words, but pretty much said that she's nervous now because I'm on the project and not the other dude, even though she's heard some of her most respected colleges speak very highly of me and the work I do. I sort of sarcastically said something like "we'll, I know I've got some big shoes to fill, but I hope I can provide what you need". What she needs is fucking copy edits.

To top it all off, we talked for a while about where the other designer is going and whats going to happen to with his job here and she said something like "JB can't handle this roll, so are they going to find someone else to replace you or just hire a new designer." This bitch has never worked with me, but knows I can't handle a fucking title with the word "Manager" in it. He's not a manager, he doesn't go to management meetings. He just has the experience to tell me and the other designer if what were doing is the best it can be. Other than that, we work on projects of the same level. 

I'm sure she had no idea she was even being rude, but I'm not happy that someone can low key disrespect me like that.

That's some straight up bitch shit. Call her bluff asap.
Gentleman ninja warlock

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19555 on: April 11, 2018, 10:47:51 AM »
If she does it again wonder aloud if you're in the right job and everyone's assholes will slam shut at the idea of being out two designers at the same time.

Or I guess you could even do it now. Ask whoever is between you and her if there's an issue (in a "is there going to be a fuckin problem?" way) and it'll probably be dealt with by end of business.

my boss is off making africa a better place until next tuesday and thats when this project needs to be done by. nothing i can do until then.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19556 on: April 11, 2018, 10:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

my boss is off making africa a better place until next tuesday and thats when this project needs to be done by. nothing i can do until then.

Then hopefully she drowns in her own shit in a way that you can fix later and then treat her like a person forever.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19557 on: April 11, 2018, 11:04:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Then hopefully she drowns in her own shit in a way that you can fix later and then treat her like a person forever.

Now I'm wondering if she has a personal issue with me because of something I said about her to a coworker a few years ago. She was like 15 months pregnant and everyone around the office was pretty shocked that she hadn't left for maternity leave yet. People would talk about it and I said in a light, harmless manner that she was the most pregnant I'd ever seen anyone, privately to one of my coworkers, and that coworker told a bunch of people because they thought it was funny and it could've made it back the the lady I made the comment about. I wasn't being funny. I literally meant what I said, but I had no intention of that getting around to that many people. I'm not an asshole and I know you don't say something like that to someone face.

Fucking work, man. This is why I don't want try to make friends with people here.

ungzilla

« Reply #19558 on: April 11, 2018, 11:22:12 AM »
that super pregnant bitch

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19559 on: April 11, 2018, 11:43:50 AM »
15 months pregnant??? Is she an alien?
Gentleman ninja warlock