Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880805 times)

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #21330 on: October 12, 2019, 02:42:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My next door neighbor decorated his door, and around his door for Halloween. I live in a building with halls, not like an outdoor entrance apartment complex. Anyway, he hung this stupid ass murder clown from the planter hook, and my kid is absolutely terrified of the thing. I knocked on his door to explain the situation and ask if he'd take it down, but he wasn't home, so I asked the office manager to ask him. She called me back an hour later saying that he basically told me to get fucked and to come talk to him in person, that he shouldn't have to change his decorations and we can use other exits... So It's been 3 days, I've gone over there 3 different times and he never comes to the door. I've tried talking to my kid about how it isn't real, there's nothing to be afraid of, etc, but he's still freaked out by it and won't walk that way. We now have to walk all the way around to the other end of the building, exit, walk to the other side to the car. I'm kind of over it, but my kid keeps asking if I could ask him to take it down. All the other shit is fine, but the dumb fucking clown is the problem. I fucking loathe having neighbors.
[close]

From one father to another, sounds like there is some light vandalism in your future
[close]

They will merely be "pranks" ;)
[close]
Trust me, he lives next to the garbage chute, I thought about just yanking it down and shoving it in there. There's cameras all over though. It should be noted that in a building with 30 unites, he is the ONLY one that's decorated in the hallway. He won't answer his door. His lights are on inside, I can see movement. I left him a really polite note this afternoon asking to do us a favor as neighbors and take down the clown. He left a note on our door basically telling us to get fucked, Halloween is his favorite holiday, nobody has ever complained, and that we should use this as a teaching moment for our kid... I lost it. I rang his doorbell a dozen times. He didn't answer. I left a note letting him know that the next time he's getting stoned on his balcony, which is every night, I'll notify the management since it's a non-smoking building, and he can use that as a teaching moment on how to be a good neighbor. Fucking prick.

Hahaha Bet hes going to be bummed when he gets that note. Seems like he could just switch it out for something a little more kid friendly and everyone could be happy.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21331 on: October 12, 2019, 05:07:01 AM »
Been pretty depressed ever since my 29th birthday last week and today I was put on paid administrative leave.

I hope you are starting to feel better.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21332 on: October 12, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Cockroaches
[close]

fucken cockroaches man, I feel you on this one. Always catch you off guard and just have that gross feel to them if they do happen to crawl over your foot or something

the worst

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #21333 on: October 13, 2019, 03:11:18 PM »
Expand Quote
98 degrees today. I live in a $3000/month 3rd floor apartment that faces west with no AC. I work nights and sleep during the day. I kinda of want to die right now.
[close]

No AC and that much rent? How, why? Can't you put in a window unit? If it falls on someone's head, it's their owwwwnn fault. It has to just be busted right?

Damn that sounds like LA or SF. But I’m ready for the winter weather to come it’s been hot as fuck in Florida this year

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21334 on: October 13, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
Haven't seen GAY post online past few days

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #21335 on: October 14, 2019, 05:41:25 AM »
I've dedicated almost the entirety of 2019 to trying to buy a house and I'm at the point of giving up, or at least taking an extended break. If I go after a house that's priced low I get beat by cash investments no matter how high over asking I go. If I go after a house toward the top of my budget, I find items that need to be fixed that I wouldn't be able to afford. The latter just happened this week on a house where my offer got accepted but I had to back out and I'm feeling pretty disheartened by it.

On a less severe but still discouraging note, I've been working on making a solo record for the past few years but always end up taking extended breaks because of drastic life events getting in the way. This year I've managed to get pretty far considering how busy I am, and just the other day the harddrive on the computer I was using crashed. Luckily I have a new computer, but it crashed as I was preparing to transfer files and progress, so it is very likely that I'll have to start from scratch for like the 5th time.

I think we're from the same general area, and yeah, buying your first house totally sucks right now. I was in the same position two years ago and we looked for months with much of the same results. Everything in our budget needed like at least 20k worth of repairs. Some of the houses straight up needed to be bulldozed. Anything worth it got scooped up by flippers with cash offers. The only reason we got our house is because the selling agent was a fucking lunatic. Our house belonged to an old lady who died and her brother was in charge of selling it, but really couldn't do much because he lived quite a ways away. Anyway, we made our offer at asking price then the selling agent tells our agent that she had 10 offers, including ours, multiple for cash, but chose ours because our realtor had been in the business for 20+ years. It was total luck that we got it. 

Hang in there and hopefully you'll find something. The market is fucking ridiculous right now but who knows when it will tank and homes will be affordable again. I know people who bought houses similar to mine back in like 08-09 for under 100k and sold them recently for 50-60k more than they paid and it makes me so jealous. Just keep your credit high and save whatever you can because you're going to need it.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #21336 on: October 14, 2019, 06:32:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I've dedicated almost the entirety of 2019 to trying to buy a house and I'm at the point of giving up, or at least taking an extended break. If I go after a house that's priced low I get beat by cash investments no matter how high over asking I go. If I go after a house toward the top of my budget, I find items that need to be fixed that I wouldn't be able to afford. The latter just happened this week on a house where my offer got accepted but I had to back out and I'm feeling pretty disheartened by it.

On a less severe but still discouraging note, I've been working on making a solo record for the past few years but always end up taking extended breaks because of drastic life events getting in the way. This year I've managed to get pretty far considering how busy I am, and just the other day the harddrive on the computer I was using crashed. Luckily I have a new computer, but it crashed as I was preparing to transfer files and progress, so it is very likely that I'll have to start from scratch for like the 5th time.
[close]

I think we're from the same general area, and yeah, buying your first house totally sucks right now. I was in the same position two years ago and we looked for months with much of the same results. Everything in our budget needed like at least 20k worth of repairs. Some of the houses straight up needed to be bulldozed. Anything worth it got scooped up by flippers with cash offers. The only reason we got our house is because the selling agent was a fucking lunatic. Our house belonged to an old lady who died and her brother was in charge of selling it, but really couldn't do much because he lived quite a ways away. Anyway, we made our offer at asking price then the selling agent tells our agent that she had 10 offers, including ours, multiple for cash, but chose ours because our realtor had been in the business for 20+ years. It was total luck that we got it. 

Hang in there and hopefully you'll find something. The market is fucking ridiculous right now but who knows when it will tank and homes will be affordable again. I know people who bought houses similar to mine back in like 08-09 for under 100k and sold them recently for 50-60k more than they paid and it makes me so jealous. Just keep your credit high and save whatever you can because you're going to need it.

Buying a house sucks. I just bought in April, we actually had to settle for one that needs a little work but is livable as is for now. Our old landlord called us and told us she wasn't renewing our lease cause she wanted to sell. Pretty much at the worst time. My wife was in her last semester of a 5 year doctoral program, not working. We had just had a conversation about staying in that rental one more year while we save some more money to buy.

We basically got that call and got it all done in 45 days. House market where we are wasn't too bad, but to be in the area my wife wanted to be for the kids to be in decent schools was slim. We would set up showings with our buy and he would call us a day or two before to let us know it was under contract. We basically had to go see houses the day they started showing. That's what we did for the one we bought, we were the first people to see it once it was made available to show. Put an offer in before we left it. My wife loves the house, location, school district for the kids. I am pretty "meh" on it, maybe cause I am the one that will have to do most of the work.  Maybe cause I think for $300k we could have gotten something in a little better shape, but time wasn't on our side.

Hang in there, the right one will pop up. If there is nothing forcing you to leave your current situation, like we had, I would stick it out and wait for the right one to fall in your lap.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #21337 on: October 14, 2019, 06:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Buying a house sucks. I just bought in April, we actually had to settle for one that needs a little work but is livable as is for now. Our old landlord called us and told us she wasn't renewing our lease cause she wanted to sell. Pretty much at the worst time. My wife was in her last semester of a 5 year doctoral program, not working. We had just had a conversation about staying in that rental one more year while we save some more money to buy.

We basically got that call and got it all done in 45 days. House market where we are wasn't too bad, but to be in the area my wife wanted to be for the kids to be in decent schools was slim. We would set up showings with our buy and he would call us a day or two before to let us know it was under contract. We basically had to go see houses the day they started showing. That's what we did for the one we bought, we were the first people to see it once it was made available to show. Put an offer in before we left it. My wife loves the house, location, school district for the kids. I am pretty "meh" on it, maybe cause I am the one that will have to do most of the work.  Maybe cause I think for $300k we could have gotten something in a little better shape, but time wasn't on our side.

Hang in there, the right one will pop up. If there is nothing forcing you to leave your current situation, like we had, I would stick it out and wait for the right one to fall in your lap.

Damn, you guys need to relocate to Southwest Michigan haha. I paid just under $150 for a 3 bedroom with a medium/large pole barn sitting on an acre that only needed slight updating. There are lots of options in the 80k-150k range that are completely livable around these parts.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #21338 on: October 14, 2019, 07:11:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn, you guys need to relocate to Southwest Michigan haha. I paid just under $150 for a 3 bedroom with a medium/large pole barn sitting on an acre that only needed slight updating. There are lots of options in the 80k-150k range that are completely livable around these parts.

If we wanted to move farther outside the city (currently 30 miles north of Detroit), there would be more fairly priced options to choose from. Neither me or my wife are really in a position to change jobs and we need both of our incomes if we want to have a house. She does hair, so she could get a job anywhere, but it takes a solid year or two to build a clientele and actually start making money. Plus, with that kind of job, you want to be in a populated area where people spend money on their hair. I work at a university and they're paying for my MBA, so I want to stay at least long enough to finish that and hopefully from there I'll be able to score jobs that will pay me enough to support both of us if we wanted to move and she could afford to not have a steady income for a while.

We could've stayed renting, but our mortgage is only a little over $100 more than rent was, so it made sense to buy when we had the chance. It's not the ideal situation, but we're working with what we've got. 

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #21339 on: October 14, 2019, 12:49:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If we wanted to move farther outside the city (currently 30 miles north of Detroit), there would be more fairly priced options to choose from. Neither me or my wife are really in a position to change jobs and we need both of our incomes if we want to have a house. She does hair, so she could get a job anywhere, but it takes a solid year or two to build a clientele and actually start making money. Plus, with that kind of job, you want to be in a populated area where people spend money on their hair. I work at a university and they're paying for my MBA, so I want to stay at least long enough to finish that and hopefully from there I'll be able to score jobs that will pay me enough to support both of us if we wanted to move and she could afford to not have a steady income for a while.

We could've stayed renting, but our mortgage is only a little over $100 more than rent was, so it made sense to buy when we had the chance. It's not the ideal situation, but we're working with what we've got.

Im at the tail end of buying this house just outside of Seattle and I feel you guys on this. Its been a nightmare and our current rental is fucked. We’ve lived without heat in the master and all this other fucked up shit for 4 years. We’re gunna have to break our lease and potentially go to small claims with our landlord. Im just hoping we get it. The house appraised at the right number and we got them to replace the roof before we move in so all thats left is the background check. Its a old house but theres no water damage or anything particularly bad and its sitting on a 1/4 acre fenced in lot so the dogs will be stoked. After the dust settles i’ll finally be able to go to school to become a vet assistant then do that while I figure out what I want my long term career to be. Good luck to you all!

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21340 on: October 14, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »
Long winded life stories of randoms HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

dear god, I was at my local park to warm up and get some shit done I have had some issues on my ankle but that's another story entirely anyways I'm doing some exercises for ankles and shit the entire time I have this supposed bmxer whose well known and Adam 22's boy. I don't know I finally looked up who Adam 22  was and I don't care.

anyway this guy on a bmx JUST WOULD NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP anytime he'd ask me something or stop I'd say something to question his validity he had an excuse, I'm not one to call people out on everything and I get an embellished story every now and then if it was somewhat true but had something really ridiculous thrown in there I'd concede oh that's great or NO way?! but the entirety of this interaction he unloaded his bike rode around and bitched and dropped names the entire time.

Now mind you I had been there a good 3 hours and this dude would not shut the fuck up. Finally I had had enough and just told him in a screaming fit to shut up, shut the fuck up you are so full of shit!

I try not to let my anger get the best of me and it has been building up and one thing I hate I HATE is a liar and a fatmouth there's no reason to lie to kick it, we get it you might know some people who cares?!  I don't we aren't going to drop to our knees and suck your dick?  so just fuck off with that shit.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 02:34:41 PM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #21341 on: October 14, 2019, 03:08:25 PM »
Everyone tailgating all the time and the road rage it gives me.  I give up now.  Go ahead and tail gate me.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #21342 on: October 14, 2019, 03:20:12 PM »
My next door neighbor decorated his door, and around his door for Halloween. I live in a building with halls, not like an outdoor entrance apartment complex. Anyway, he hung this stupid ass murder clown from the planter hook, and my kid is absolutely terrified of the thing. I knocked on his door to explain the situation and ask if he'd take it down, but he wasn't home, so I asked the office manager to ask him. She called me back an hour later saying that he basically told me to get fucked and to come talk to him in person, that he shouldn't have to change his decorations and we can use other exits... So It's been 3 days, I've gone over there 3 different times and he never comes to the door. I've tried talking to my kid about how it isn't real, there's nothing to be afraid of, etc, but he's still freaked out by it and won't walk that way. We now have to walk all the way around to the other end of the building, exit, walk to the other side to the car. I'm kind of over it, but my kid keeps asking if I could ask him to take it down. All the other shit is fine, but the dumb fucking clown is the problem. I fucking loathe having neighbors.

pay a a few kids from the local to steal it. Tell them to grab it and run when other neighbors are looking.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21343 on: October 14, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »
Everyone tailgating all the time and the road rage it gives me.  I give up now.  Go ahead and tail gate me.
My friend asked me why the steering wheel was bent in 8:00 position.

Turns out bending your steering wheel is pretty easy to do when in a road rage moment. My exgf use to nag at me quite often and instead of raging at her, I’ve done the same many many times.
Dueces Bitch's

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #21344 on: October 14, 2019, 04:50:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Turns out bending your steering wheel is pretty easy to do when in a road rage moment. My exgf use to nag at me quite often and instead of raging at her, I’ve done the same many many times.

omg!  bent steering wheel!, (i think road rage ages us unfortunately. I have to take a chill pill and just accept.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21345 on: October 14, 2019, 07:48:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

omg!  bent steering wheel!, (i think road rage ages us unfortunately. I have to take a chill pill and just accept.)
I don’t drive anymore because I’m too aggro and I can’t help when someone drives to mimicking pedals, I miss it but don’t miss it anymore.
Dueces Bitch's

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #21346 on: October 14, 2019, 07:59:02 PM »
Neighbor update: He didn't take it down. I called him and asshole and moved on with my life. He told the manager I've been harassing him, throwing garbage on his door. I haven't been. There's cameras. They checked. I called him an asshole again. The manager and the neighbor wanted us to sit down to talk, but I declined. Told her it's a waste of time, and I don't care enough. He's just an asshole and that's it, what more is there to say? Not going to try to change him.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #21347 on: October 14, 2019, 08:13:52 PM »
Neighbor update: He didn't take it down. I called him and asshole and moved on with my life. He told the manager I've been harassing him, throwing garbage on his door. I haven't been. There's cameras. They checked. I called him an asshole again. The manager and the neighbor wanted us to sit down to talk, but I declined. Told her it's a waste of time, and I don't care enough. He's just an asshole and that's it, what more is there to say? Not going to try to change him.
You can’t change him and good for you for standing up to him and the manger . He’ll get his soon . Karmas a bitch and he’s sad little Fucker for being mean to kids .

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #21348 on: October 15, 2019, 09:25:40 PM »
technology is such a pain in the ass. I was trying to transfer some videos from my phone to my computer and i can drag them from my phone to a folder but theres no thumbnail and when you click the clips nothing plays, driving me insane cause i dont wanna lose the half the years worth of videos.....dont know if the files are too big or my computers too old, slowly killing me

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #21349 on: October 16, 2019, 03:42:58 AM »
Sitting at work in a Risk Mangement workshop, bored out of my mind. The thing I'm not stoked about is that I should be grateful for the opportunity, especially since I had to struggle like a motherfucker for this. 

Oh, wait. Now a girl is complaining about some comedian joking about "disadvantaged social groups"...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 03:47:57 AM by iKobrakai »

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21350 on: October 16, 2019, 05:36:03 AM »
technology is such a pain in the ass. I was trying to transfer some videos from my phone to my computer and i can drag them from my phone to a folder but theres no thumbnail and when you click the clips nothing plays, driving me insane cause i dont wanna lose the half the years worth of videos.....dont know if the files are too big or my computers too old, slowly killing me

Have you figured it out yet? What kind of phone/what’s your pc operating system?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #21351 on: October 16, 2019, 06:28:00 AM »
This screams Apple to PC or Android to Mac issues. Or just a straight iphone issue.

One of the best things about paying $1200 for an iPhone is the inability to drag and drop media and files and have them not be accessible. Dont have earbuds? Time for a dongle. If you do have a dongle but it doesnt fit, You can get A DOUBLE DONGLE.

But hotdamn peep that phone artwork

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:37:42 AM by Jehoshaphat Augustus »
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #21352 on: October 16, 2019, 06:29:36 AM »
getting colder, got used to Texas weather now that im back in the midwest and im already bundled up before its even really cold

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21353 on: October 16, 2019, 06:39:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This screams Apple to PC or Android to Mac issues. Or just a straight iphone issue.

One of the best things about paying $1200 for an iPhone is the inability to drag and drop media and files and have them not be accessible. Dont have earbuds? Time for a dongle. If you do have a dongle but it doesnt fit. You can get A DOUBLE DONGLE.

But hotdamn peep that phone artwork

I've never had an issue iPhone to Mac or PC. I do a phone clip dump every few months. At work I use PC and at home Mac. If I need to clear some storage to film something after work I'll dump here and usually put it to an external drive I take home to get it on my Mac. If I have to transfers files at home I just drag and drop from the phone files as if it were a drive.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #21354 on: October 16, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
the amount of micromanaging that goes on at my work. now we have an online system with timers and timekeeping sheets where we have to track every second of everything we do. I must spend as much time clicking buttons on the screen as I do actually working. I'm sure this is all productivity/efficiency stuff and it really makes you feel like a robot.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21355 on: October 16, 2019, 01:32:05 PM »
the amount of micromanaging that goes on at my work. now we have an online system with timers and timekeeping sheets where we have to track every second of everything we do. I must spend as much time clicking buttons on the screen as I do actually working. I'm sure this is all productivity/efficiency stuff and it really makes you feel like a robot.

Office Space style break down in your future?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21356 on: October 16, 2019, 01:52:33 PM »
Yeah that’d bug the shit out of me, I cannot handle that micromanaging scrutiny.

I’m thankful for the people who have been patient with me and hiring me as a caretaker/orderly at an old people’s home.

I use to do hospice care but I got attached in seeing a client as an elder and a extension of my family. It was definitely rough seeing her wither away into a shell of a human being.
Dueces Bitch's

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #21357 on: October 16, 2019, 05:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Office Space style break down in your future?

possibly.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #21358 on: October 16, 2019, 09:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you figured it out yet? What kind of phone/what’s your pc operating system?

spent like 2 hours yesterday downloading programs that apparently fix the issue, nothing worked. The audio works on the clips but visually you see nothing. It makes no sense because theres clips that have worked and clips that havent which were filmed on the same day, same size, same phone etc Im completely lost.

Its an Iphone8 and my computer is old as fuck but still never had this problem before... microsoft windows 10, its such a headache

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #21359 on: October 16, 2019, 10:01:34 PM »

Dude my company is starting a signout sheet for 10s and out bathroom breaks are included, im pretty bummed on it