Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1886410 times)

Salsa Verde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22290 on: May 24, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »
I live two blocks from the beach in Southern California and it is a fucking ZOO down here right now because of the holiday weekend even though the “stay at home” orders are still in place. I hate sheeple sometimes. I sure as fuck am not going to go drive inland to hang out some of these morons neighborhoods.

I’ve NEVER been about that “locals only” vibe even though I’ve grown up at the beach and surfed and skated here my whole life. It’s just right now with a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC going on, now is not the time and this is not the place. Please stay in your neighborhoods for now and please feel welcome back when we get back to a little more normality.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22291 on: May 24, 2020, 02:51:24 PM »
Got a job at Chucky Cheese and I just fuckin Chucky Cheesed in the suit.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #22292 on: May 24, 2020, 03:02:28 PM »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #22293 on: May 24, 2020, 03:35:19 PM »
Nyc is still technically on lockdown. My girlfriend and I live with another couple and if I have to hear about the process of sourdough bread any longer I am going to go to the subway and lick the seats.

This made me laugh, thank you.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1397
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22294 on: May 24, 2020, 04:13:23 PM »
I live two blocks from the beach in Southern California and it is a fucking ZOO down here right now because of the holiday weekend even though the “stay at home” orders are still in place. I hate sheeple sometimes. I sure as fuck am not going to go drive inland to hang out some of these morons neighborhoods.

I’ve NEVER been about that “locals only” vibe even though I’ve grown up at the beach and surfed and skated here my whole life. It’s just right now with a WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC going on, now is not the time and this is not the place. Please stay in your neighborhoods for now and please feel welcome back when we get back to a little more normality.

yeah, homie, i live up way north and the county i'm in apparently has had checkpoints at the 4 main ways into the county, turning away out of state plates for the holiday weekend. Apparently people have been going up to Oregon and Nevada to "go out to eat." Fuckin ridicuclous
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #22295 on: May 24, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
broke my phone weeks ago. breaking your phone in a pandemic is kinda like faking your own death and watching no one show up to your funeral. i never knew how small my world was and the fact that it will grow smaller has me contemplating drastic shit. if i wasn't such a coward i'd check out. i can't find my place in this world
even the steven

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #22296 on: May 24, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »
broke my phone weeks ago. breaking your phone in a pandemic is kinda like faking your own death and watching no one show up to your funeral. i never knew how small my world was and the fact that it will grow smaller has me contemplating drastic shit. if i wasn't such a coward i'd check out. i can't find my place in this world

Suicide is never the answer, now that you know no one actually cares about you it's your duty to stay alive specifically to spite them.

The way I see it if having a phone is the only reason people communicated with me I must not be that nice to communicate with so I'm doing them a favor by not contacting them. Sometimes staying out of peoples way is a good thing.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22297 on: May 24, 2020, 08:49:00 PM »
I went to my aunt's house today. To have a look see.

There was a picture of me on sitting on the table next to the couch she died on.
She had asked me not to come around for a while.

That was like 2002
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22298 on: May 24, 2020, 09:02:32 PM »
i'm sorry man.

i know it's hard rn but the pandemic will end eventually and things will maybe become (a different) normal again and your world will grow again, too. that's what i hope for you. i know the feeling and am short of freaking out myself but i'm rooting for you.

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #22299 on: May 24, 2020, 09:24:17 PM »
Chase Elliot Pitting before Overtime has my rattled rn especially after being spun out by Busch last week
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #22300 on: May 25, 2020, 12:08:08 AM »
i'm sorry man.

Expand Quote
[close]

i know it's hard rn but the pandemic will end eventually and things will maybe become (a different) normal again and your world will grow again, too. that's what i hope for you. i know the feeling and am short of freaking out myself but i'm rooting for you.

I'd like to apologize for my previous post. i really don't want to not be around to enjoy life but for some reason i am randomly overcome with anxiety about dying alone and it's mixed in with intrusive thoughts that aren't positive. i've had it my whole life and thought it was just how i am..

i'm aware me saying i can't find my place in this world comes off as very mellow dramatic but in my life i have never fit in any group of people. which is weird to me because all of the groups of people that are into the same things i am are supposed to be sort of a place for outcasts and different people.

i remain hopeful, which is big for me as i have let the aforementioned negative thoughts dictate nearly every aspect of my life since childhood but even before this pandemic i was living like you all are forced to right now. i've just been in self imposed isolation because i feel like a bother and can't reach out and it seems really no one cares aside from my father who i constantly worry is going to die out of the blue.

sorry my post is so wordy and a downer, i must stress that i'm not a pity sponge, i know it fixes nothing and we all have problems and there are much worse things to have to deal with than my plight. i just don't seem to be able to handle the kinds of things people can normally handle and i admire every human i meet or learn about who can handle what life throws at them and it makes me feel worse for even indulging in my sorrow.
even the steven

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22301 on: May 25, 2020, 01:22:39 AM »
there's no need to apologize.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #22302 on: May 25, 2020, 03:38:38 AM »
i'm aware me saying i can't find my place in this world comes off as very mellow dramatic but in my life i have never fit in any group of people. which is weird to me because all of the groups of people that are into the same things i am are supposed to be sort of a place for outcasts and different people.

Thing is those 'groups of people' are mental constructions really consisting in a bunch of other individuals who have their own struggles and are just troubled as you are, or the next guy is. I think before one looks for acceptance in others, they first have to accept themselves with their own quirks (that's where those who have the hardest time doing so usually resort to some archetype of a persona as opposed to being their true character), and then realize everyone is also a flawed person on their own path. Time off social activities is actually good for you because it allows you to refocus on yourself and remember who you are and what you really aspire to do, if you can still remember how to listen to yourself despite all the distractions in this world. I don't think human relationships in general can really be appreciated and understood until one comes to peace with their own functioning and boundaries, otherwise you'll just spend that time basically projecting too much and having too many expectations regarding others and only ever feel frustration without grasping its true nature (making it easy for one to feel like life has something personal against them).

Also the frustration will always be there because as much as one can work on understanding themselves and how individuals work in general, they'll always be confronted to, or reminded of their own boundaries time and time again because that's human nature to let imagination develop and see how far they can impact reality with it till someone else pulls the plug. One just can't expect the world to mold around their humble person, but on the other hand that humble person already has its free space and the more you focus on understanding the possibilities there as opposed to trying to push the walls, the more sense you'll make about social interactions in general and realize that for instance, dying alone should be far less of a source of anguish than, say, wasting one's life away and declining action in fear that things might go south, because that's when they really stop being a positive contribution to this world, and doing things more actually constructive than following man-made cardboard ideals such as finding one special soulmate to appear sharing an existence with, or big groups of friends to look good amidst of. You can follow those ideals obviously but you can't really go anywhere if you don't understand them nor the game first, and the best place to start there might be from yourself.

(Sorry if too abstract)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:47:03 AM by silhouette »

Shiek

• Rep: -68
« Reply #22303 on: May 25, 2020, 04:21:02 AM »
that's a really good post

Dracula

• Rep: -20
« Reply #22304 on: May 25, 2020, 05:14:03 AM »
I filmed a manual pad session yesterday

WPG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #22305 on: May 25, 2020, 10:25:34 AM »
I filmed a manual pad session yesterday

Nothing ruins a day of filming quicker than a manny pad
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Saint Coke

« Reply #22306 on: May 26, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »
Had to let a good friend of mine go. I'm not safe to be around, I told her that I can't explain it. She got very blank and was like "oh ok" then I told her to please forget me, and to not contact me.

I might be coming off crazy but it seems everyone I love, I end up hurting more than most. I try to keep my distance away from everybody I suppose.

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #22307 on: May 26, 2020, 09:03:40 AM »
Had to let a good friend of mine go. I'm not safe to be around, I told her that I can't explain it. She got very blank and was like "oh ok" then I told her to please forget me, and to not contact me.

I might be coming off crazy but it seems everyone I love, I end up hurting more than most. I try to keep my distance away from everybody I suppose.

I felt I had to do this kinda thing too and kinda regret it. Getting to know someone for real is hard so try to value the people who know you best.

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #22308 on: May 26, 2020, 01:50:22 PM »
Got a new physical therapist for my possible nerve injured foot but after 2 really good sessions they found out they don’t accept my insurance.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #22309 on: May 26, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Saw the Minneapolis vid of the cop murdering that dude in front of a crowd. It's been a couple hours but I still feel weird.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #22310 on: May 26, 2020, 02:29:53 PM »
Saw the Minneapolis vid of the cop murdering that dude in front of a crowd. It's been a couple hours but I still feel weird.

Holy fuck that is the most horrific straight up lynching of a person I have ever seen. The guy had a smug look on his face while he literally knee choked the guy to death in front of a crowd. That coward needs to be taken care of, seriously.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22311 on: May 26, 2020, 08:44:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Holy fuck that is the most horrific straight up lynching of a person I have ever seen. The guy had a smug look on his face while he literally knee choked the guy to death in front of a crowd. That coward needs to be taken care of, seriously.
Saw that on the news. He was literally telling the cop to give him air. It just shows how some cops think they are above the law. Sad thing is, he'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• evensteven
« Reply #22312 on: May 27, 2020, 01:18:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thing is those 'groups of people' are mental constructions really consisting in a bunch of other individuals who have their own struggles and are just troubled as you are, or the next guy is. I think before one looks for acceptance in others, they first have to accept themselves with their own quirks (that's where those who have the hardest time doing so usually resort to some archetype of a persona as opposed to being their true character), and then realize everyone is also a flawed person on their own path. Time off social activities is actually good for you because it allows you to refocus on yourself and remember who you are and what you really aspire to do, if you can still remember how to listen to yourself despite all the distractions in this world. I don't think human relationships in general can really be appreciated and understood until one comes to peace with their own functioning and boundaries, otherwise you'll just spend that time basically projecting too much and having too many expectations regarding others and only ever feel frustration without grasping its true nature (making it easy for one to feel like life has something personal against them).

Also the frustration will always be there because as much as one can work on understanding themselves and how individuals work in general, they'll always be confronted to, or reminded of their own boundaries time and time again because that's human nature to let imagination develop and see how far they can impact reality with it till someone else pulls the plug. One just can't expect the world to mold around their humble person, but on the other hand that humble person already has its free space and the more you focus on understanding the possibilities there as opposed to trying to push the walls, the more sense you'll make about social interactions in general and realize that for instance, dying alone should be far less of a source of anguish than, say, wasting one's life away and declining action in fear that things might go south, because that's when they really stop being a positive contribution to this world, and doing things more actually constructive than following man-made cardboard ideals such as finding one special soulmate to appear sharing an existence with, or big groups of friends to look good amidst of. You can follow those ideals obviously but you can't really go anywhere if you don't understand them nor the game first, and the best place to start there might be from yourself.

(Sorry if too abstract)

Sorry for the delay in my response i just wanted to give myself time to give you a proper response and to digest what you said.

i went through what you mentioned up until 4 years ago when my last relationship ended. i used to blindly look for acceptance in groups of people pretty much my entire life. it was back in December of 2018 when i lost my job over a really stupid reason so i hit a downward spiral. i started taking mushrooms every day in order to sort out issues with myself and get to the "meat" of each problem or hang up. i can say i have made immense progress and finally know myself more than ever and have become okay with parts of myself i have struggled with. so i feel i am ready to come out of my shell so to speak since my entire life i have been a loner and my only main company has been my father. he is great and i love him a lot but he also would drink and his personality would alter drastically. long story short he had a very tough life and so often after work i would watch him lament in a sort of mystified psychotic state which would progress the more he drank. it left me with all sorts of issues that i am just now confronting and i am at a place in my life where i need a social circle. i am okay with myself but since i am alone it makes me fee like a loser and like why is it so hard to just make one friend to go skate or make music with?

so i have never really ever had social activities to take time off of. i do not mean to sound dismissive at all. i really consider the point of what you are saying and i am the kind of person who will not do something for the wrong reasons. i feel i was that way before but now i just want to make some good memories and connections that i can look back on. i now use that frustration to motivate myself to keep doing the things i love.  i do not expect the world to mold around me, i for sure can say that as i used to act that way it is just that i have a very malignant intrusive voice which isnt audible but is always there to put me down, i already had really bad issues with self esteem and depression since i was a kid but having my father tear into me and preach to me and watching him wish for death left me with a very fucked up internal dialogue that i am trying to undo. it's very hard because positivity is a new concept for me. being alone i have to fight against the thinking, it's a mental battle.

it's very hard to undo a lot of bad programming my upbringing left me with and while i;m willing to admit i do seek acceptance from people, i can now at least say i am doing it with good intention and not because i think the will like me because we are into the same music or movies etc....i need good conversations and good times. i have a clear idea of what it is that drives me but if i am left alone with myself i fear i won't grow.

what you say is of great value to me so thank you, it's always good to self check but i feel i have overdone that my entire life and was so unsure of a person that i never proceeded in any direction and my world view  grew narrow and i had become jaded but through a lot of work i have lifted my view from the ground and have just now begun to see the clouds. i mentally checked out of life when i was about 12 as an act of subconscious self preservation and through mindfulness and psychedelics i have just become aware of that. i thought my depressive doubfutful internal dialogue was just how i was and so i let it run the show.

thanks again man, though it's abstract i get what you mean. i can understand abstract concepts more easily than linear concepts
even the steven

animalflesh

« Reply #22313 on: May 27, 2020, 06:42:23 AM »
Just started financing a new car

Signed the lease to our new place

Got all our new furniture delivered

Got laid of yesterday at 10:30 AM

Gimme some juice y’all I need good vibes to not snap right now

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22314 on: May 27, 2020, 08:14:38 AM »
Just started financing a new car

Signed the lease to our new place

Got all our new furniture delivered

Got laid of yesterday at 10:30 AM

Gimme some juice y’all I need good vibes to not snap right now
Damn. Juice sent.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #22315 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51:51 AM »
Going to a neurologist. Still can’t skate  :'(

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #22316 on: May 27, 2020, 09:09:36 AM »
Sorry for the delay in my response i just wanted to give myself time to give you a proper response and to digest what you said.

i went through what you mentioned up until 4 years ago when my last relationship ended. i used to blindly look for acceptance in groups of people pretty much my entire life. it was back in December of 2018 when i lost my job over a really stupid reason so i hit a downward spiral. i started taking mushrooms every day in order to sort out issues with myself and get to the "meat" of each problem or hang up. i can say i have made immense progress and finally know myself more than ever and have become okay with parts of myself i have struggled with. so i feel i am ready to come out of my shell so to speak since my entire life i have been a loner and my only main company has been my father. he is great and i love him a lot but he also would drink and his personality would alter drastically. long story short he had a very tough life and so often after work i would watch him lament in a sort of mystified psychotic state which would progress the more he drank. it left me with all sorts of issues that i am just now confronting and i am at a place in my life where i need a social circle. i am okay with myself but since i am alone it makes me fee like a loser and like why is it so hard to just make one friend to go skate or make music with?

so i have never really ever had social activities to take time off of. i do not mean to sound dismissive at all. i really consider the point of what you are saying and i am the kind of person who will not do something for the wrong reasons. i feel i was that way before but now i just want to make some good memories and connections that i can look back on. i now use that frustration to motivate myself to keep doing the things i love.  i do not expect the world to mold around me, i for sure can say that as i used to act that way it is just that i have a very malignant intrusive voice which isnt audible but is always there to put me down, i already had really bad issues with self esteem and depression since i was a kid but having my father tear into me and preach to me and watching him wish for death left me with a very fucked up internal dialogue that i am trying to undo. it's very hard because positivity is a new concept for me. being alone i have to fight against the thinking, it's a mental battle.

it's very hard to undo a lot of bad programming my upbringing left me with and while i;m willing to admit i do seek acceptance from people, i can now at least say i am doing it with good intention and not because i think the will like me because we are into the same music or movies etc....i need good conversations and good times. i have a clear idea of what it is that drives me but if i am left alone with myself i fear i won't grow.

what you say is of great value to me so thank you, it's always good to self check but i feel i have overdone that my entire life and was so unsure of a person that i never proceeded in any direction and my world view  grew narrow and i had become jaded but through a lot of work i have lifted my view from the ground and have just now begun to see the clouds. i mentally checked out of life when i was about 12 as an act of subconscious self preservation and through mindfulness and psychedelics i have just become aware of that. i thought my depressive doubfutful internal dialogue was just how i was and so i let it run the show.

thanks again man, though it's abstract i get what you mean. i can understand abstract concepts more easily than linear concepts

I appreciate your bravery of sharing more about your person on here - that's not always easy to do.

I think in general, successfully breaking away from the influence of your environment growing up all the while retaining some basic lessons from the experience that you yourself want to apply as to not repeat mistakes you've witnessed or endured is quite an early challenge in life that sort of defines the turning of a person into the ideal of an adult - except of course practically, the situation is never ideal nor all either black or white, like I was saying individuals all have their history and struggles and that's including parents and relatives. There's this (literally) childlike way of keeping idolizing a select few persons in life at the cost of never really expanding past their scope (to varying degrees), and then there's stepping back (if not running away, for better efficiency) from the small picture, to realize that because you grew up around those people as default references and feeling certain ways doesn't make them especially reliable focal points and maybe you’re just attached to familiarity (which is natural).

Everyone lives in a bubble that they sometimes work on expanding in order to get closer to a more coherent comprehension of existence (including interpersonal relationships) or sometimes don't, and thus everyone falls somewhere of their own on the spectrum of cognitive progression and environmental adaptation, resulting in their life 'choices' and condition at a given time. That's everybody all the time including when it comes to substance use, be it your dad drinking, you taking mushrooms or me smoking weed all day, in the end we're only talking individual human beings trying to cope with digesting a world that's impossible to fully comprehend unless one essentially becomes selfless by giving up on the credibility of their first person point of view as an effort to try keeping seeing new perspectives. You didn't have the tools to understand what was happening to your father figure as a younger version of yourself but what you've earned from the subsequent struggles are clues to help you put yourself in his shoes and resolve that trauma, but it sounds like you've already done so to quite an extent. Your current ability to look back on the situation and analyze it is a strength you've earned from your battle, not a scar.

That is to say, everyone you'll meet is also in the process of undoing their own bad programming to varying degrees of advancement and success, so you shouldn't feel like you're an exception. Particularly troubled childhoods can be an especially tough battle, but in reality someone with one on the more normal side of the spectrum (due to odds) would develop a different type of identity crisis too and despite aspiring to some kind of artificial harmony, society is just the sum of all the individuals' personalities clashing (which is sometimes easy - and made easy - to forget).

I think the key is to realize that your condition doesn't have to define yourself. Roots only exist for you to grow somewhere else, not for you to remain there staring them down. The pain from every new battle you overcome is really just you evolving (maybe more brutally than some people with a flatter curve of experiences). In general, the worst one can do is pity their own condition as by definition that's time spent not retouching it.

Now I can empathize with your struggle when it comes to finding ways of growing without sincere interaction with other people, one indeed needs hits and misses with 'mirror images' to get a grasp of their own boundaries like I was saying, but I think unless you live in a big city where you're bound to regularly catch a few meaningful connections out of one more gazillion of sterile ones I think such occasions are just rare. Which in turn gives them all their preciousness, and significance when eventually the relationship is over but at least you now have access to a new frequency of personal wisdom. I find that if you take the hits as something that makes you grow as opposed to just pain signals then they stop hurting - maybe it’s just the way I've found to cope, but I really don't feel half bad about it.

Somehow I'm getting the idea that leaving to somewhere completely foreign would do you good - sometimes one has to physically move away from their position just like they have to mentally. If you live in a small town or suburbs, it's definitely easy to feel isolated but you’re also running in circles. You sound like you have very little holding you back wherever you are geographically right now, maybe you should consider using that as a reason to live more as opposed to an inspiration to live less. Whatever it is that you'd ideally like to do yourself in life, I’m sure there are plenty of people less intelligent than you who're already doing it, so in reality whatever holds you back is in your head and the more you'll realize that, the more you'll naturally tame those voices because you'll just know where you stand better than them.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 807
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #22317 on: May 27, 2020, 06:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Saw that on the news. He was literally telling the cop to give him air. It just shows how some cops think they are above the law. Sad thing is, he'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist.
It's a horrifying video to watch. WTF is the culture like in the Minneapolis PD that these cops could calmly watch a man beg for air and then pass out and die. After all of the recent scrutiny the department has come under, nothing has changed.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Saint Coke

« Reply #22318 on: May 27, 2020, 07:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
It's a horrifying video to watch. WTF is the culture like in the Minneapolis PD that these cops could calmly watch a man beg for air and then pass out and die. After all of the recent scrutiny the department has come under, nothing has changed.
I've only been there once, I live about 6 hours away.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #22319 on: May 27, 2020, 09:21:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
I've only been there once, I live about 6 hours away.
I seriously felt sick to my stomach after watching that. Wtf is this world coming to.