Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880890 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22620 on: September 15, 2020, 07:46:48 PM »
Fucking fortnite. I'm sorry your great aunt passed.

@Lurper hope your hand turns out ok. That's great you didn't get billed.

I'm a disabled vet with all his care entrusted to the VA 100% so that's who gets my bill.

I'm ghosting family in Georgia that are immigrants who decided that talking shit is more important than being family.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22621 on: September 15, 2020, 08:28:40 PM »
When he tries to ollie a dog in this at around 4:35. >:(

http://youtu.be/JCKkQSrWcTI

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22622 on: September 16, 2020, 05:07:34 AM »
I can barely breathe

I'm going to frickin die.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #22623 on: September 16, 2020, 07:58:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Ghosting...either dating, friendship, or family... ghosting is some morbid shit. Can't have ghosts without dead people.
[close]

Deeper words have never been spoken.

I thought it would be cheaper to buy a blank front door and do all the hinges, locking mechanisms, trimming and what not on my own. $800 later, I’ve got a door that looks like a beaver with a cleft palate chipped away on it. Makes for a good story though.
lol there’s a reason those guys make good money

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #22624 on: September 20, 2020, 01:22:13 PM »
no forums
mArLeY

chpsk8

• Rep: -3
« Reply #22625 on: September 20, 2020, 09:07:56 PM »
The world is coming to an end.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22626 on: September 20, 2020, 09:15:56 PM »
The world is coming to an end.

Everyone and their mother has said that for eternity.

Every generation wants to believe that the time they are living in, is some how special or worse than ever before.

It ain’t. Read a fucking history book. There’s no plagues or world wars, just idiots with cameras on their phones screaming and crying.

Don’t believe the hype.

I think we can manage... unless you literally think the sky is falling.

If so, seek help immediately.

Get over yourselves. This world has been around much longer and will continue to go on with, or without you.

Sorry, ya ain’t that important. None of us are.

Shut the fuck up and skate.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #22627 on: September 20, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »
how much a of lazy procrastinating unmotivated turd ive become

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22628 on: September 20, 2020, 09:22:19 PM »
how much a of lazy procrastinating unmotivated turd ive become

Again, join the club buster.     

Pick your ass up and go do what you want to do, if that's what you actually want to do...

Otherwise keep whining on slap I guess.

I've been there trust me, and it sure as hell aint going to get you where you want to go...

Go out and do what the fuck you wanna do man, while you still can.

Disclaimer: All advice truly meant in good faith.         
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:05:12 AM by os89 »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22629 on: September 21, 2020, 04:35:32 AM »
I don't want my nephews going to real school yet.

We're still frickin negative!!!

Home schooling was going ok
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #22630 on: September 21, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »
@Banned from the room It’s ridiculous how people push this. While I understand social needs and how bad it’s been for disadvantaged students losing a year is better than risking the student and family’s lives.

To add on, signed up to be notified for the Lance Bones Brigade reissue (Planned to hang one and skate another). But they sold out heartbreakingly fast.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:24:13 PM by mynameisnotjeff »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #22631 on: September 21, 2020, 09:31:27 AM »
Loc $tar + Day Tripper
mArLeY

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22632 on: September 21, 2020, 06:17:49 PM »
brawl at work with a customer, cops and all. fuckin asshole. i didn't admit to shit. wasn't worth it. the other customers got my back and said it was fine. i feel like trash. dude threatened my coworker. got involved in a fight.

have to stop working at that bar. management doesnt greenlight any security guys and most coworkers are to scared to actuallly get the bully customers out. meanwhile im turning more and more into a goon/halfassed doorsman.the bar is actually lowkey as fuck but we have lots of rich cokehead customers that like to come in to flaunt wealth and treat everyone, even the other customers, like shit.

fuck all these people. used to love working there but shit isn't the same anymore.

it's about fucking time to change and stop doing these trash jobs and get real again.

sry for the long ass rambling post, but it was necessary.

boogs

« Reply #22633 on: September 21, 2020, 07:03:19 PM »
brawl at work with a customer, cops and all. fuckin asshole. i didn't admit to shit. wasn't worth it. the other customers got my back and said it was fine. i feel like trash. dude threatened my coworker. got involved in a fight.

have to stop working at that bar. management doesnt greenlight any security guys and most coworkers are to scared to actuallly get the bully customers out. meanwhile im turning more and more into a goon/halfassed doorsman.the bar is actually lowkey as fuck but we have lots of rich cokehead customers that like to come in to flaunt wealth and treat everyone, even the other customers, like shit.

fuck all these people. used to love working there but shit isn't the same anymore.

it's about fucking time to change and stop doing these trash jobs and get real again.

Shalom

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22634 on: September 21, 2020, 07:31:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Shalom

shalom to you as well my dude

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #22635 on: September 21, 2020, 07:34:06 PM »
I’m still bumming on RBG and being away from my family for the high holy days. Shalom.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #22636 on: September 21, 2020, 08:00:54 PM »

Hell yeah, getting it out of your system is necessary! We support you Frank. I'm happy you're having this reckoning about your destructive work environment. Of course it doesn't make financial survival any easier - but having worked in destructive service jobs for far too long as well, I always love to see someone fight for moving on. Especially when that someone is a shalomie ;D You got this! Fuck all that. I'm sorry it was such a shit day.

Freelance, all the best to you being away from family during a holy time. Hopefully technology and video calls can mitigate the pain of distance. Pandemic world sucks :-[

All the best to the shalomies!

Hombreezy

« Reply #22637 on: September 22, 2020, 09:57:51 AM »
Bought a new deck like 4 days ago. Was the best, most responsive deck I’ve had in awhile. Only had 3 or 4 flatground/ledge sessions before it snapped on a flat ground tre this morning. Drove to my local shop for a new board, only to find they changed their hours a week ago and werent open for another hour and a half. There’s another better shop but it’s super far away. I had nothing going today so I made the drive anyway. As soon as I got there I realized I left my wallet at home. Waste of gas, waste of time, no board to skate. Things could always be worse but an annoying start to the day

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #22638 on: September 22, 2020, 11:34:08 AM »
Found out today my $999 Cult BMX is actually a pretty cheap rust filled deathtrap.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #22639 on: September 22, 2020, 12:19:09 PM »
People driving like maniacs since lockdown. People are mad on the roads. Chill brah, it's driving

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #22640 on: September 22, 2020, 11:27:00 PM »
Just learned that my wife's family cabin in Trinity County was vaporized by the recent jumbo sized fire complex that ate up a bunch of northern California. Never got to take the two littles to "camp" up there.
That is all.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22641 on: September 23, 2020, 09:58:31 PM »
The US election. And the US in general.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #22642 on: September 23, 2020, 10:26:07 PM »
Found out today my $999 Cult BMX is actually a pretty cheap rust filled deathtrap.

??? are the welds shit? or did they cheap out on the material? i would like to see some pictures if possible. $999 seems like a lot to drop on a bicycle, let alone a bmx. i love my 80's rigid frame specialized that i inherited. i dont get down on the bicycle, i just use it to ride around town to get to /school/spots/the skatepark when im drinking so i dont have to drink and drive. yeah i know, biking under the influence is a thing and carries the same punishment as a dui but i know my limitations and i would much rather crash on a bike while hammered(happens quite frequently tbh) than crash a car while hammered. sorry for the rant, this is wrong thread for it.

back to the subject, im not stoked on where i currently am in life. although, i have a goal and i am working towards it, i cant help but feel that i am not making any progress. the pandemic certainly doesnt help, either. is anyone here in university, majoring in a STEM subject? more specifically, older students that got a taste for what the real world is like and are now back in school?

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #22643 on: September 25, 2020, 06:36:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

??? are the welds shit? or did they cheap out on the material? i would like to see some pictures if possible. $999 seems like a lot to drop on a bicycle, let alone a bmx. i love my 80's rigid frame specialized that i inherited. i dont get down on the bicycle, i just use it to ride around town to get to /school/spots/the skatepark when im drinking so i dont have to drink and drive. yeah i know, biking under the influence is a thing and carries the same punishment as a dui but i know my limitations and i would much rather crash on a bike while hammered(happens quite frequently tbh) than crash a car while hammered. sorry for the rant, this is wrong thread for it.

I know nothing about bikes but the way he explained was that once the crankset was taken out it was covered in rust, the bearings were all rusted and some part that broke within the cranks should go a couple of years and not 6-8 months.

The old mechanic dude said it was clearly a case of a cheap build sold for a high price.
Overall not very good, I'll probably try and sell it.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #22645 on: September 26, 2020, 10:07:28 AM »
In february i ate it bombing this hill and fucked up my palms. Now any time i barely even put my hand down that whole chunk of skin just falls off like paper mache.

earlier this week this crack i roll over every day no issues just exploded into a hole and pitched me so hard i scraped both my palms pretty bad again.

finally healed a bit and got too cocky and i was fucking around with my friends' ripstik and tried to manual it and slipped out so back to square 1 :/

fuck road rash these things take forever to heal to 100%, don't really stop you from skating, but for like the next month if u put ur hands down at all ur scabs/young skin just get ripped off and u have to start all over from square 1, showering sucks, doing the dishes sucks, etc. I need new hobbies man its like either i skate or just waste time watching tv and think about skating, i need to just stay off and let it heal for real.

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22646 on: September 26, 2020, 01:08:37 PM »
In february i ate it bombing this hill and fucked up my palms. Now any time i barely even put my hand down that whole chunk of skin just falls off like paper mache.

earlier this week this crack i roll over every day no issues just exploded into a hole and pitched me so hard i scraped both my palms pretty bad again.

finally healed a bit and got too cocky and i was fucking around with my friends' ripstik and tried to manual it and slipped out so back to square 1 :/

fuck road rash these things take forever to heal to 100%, don't really stop you from skating, but for like the next month if u put ur hands down at all ur scabs/young skin just get ripped off and u have to start all over from square 1, showering sucks, doing the dishes sucks, etc. I need new hobbies man its like either i skate or just waste time watching tv and think about skating, i need to just stay off and let it heal for real.

Wear some mickey mouse white gloves, go back out and skate.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22647 on: September 26, 2020, 01:31:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

or do the golf glove like mj.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #22648 on: September 26, 2020, 03:54:21 PM »
Haven't been properly stood up in a long time. Pretty whack feeling.

Glad to see I'm handling it better than in the past though.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22649 on: September 27, 2020, 09:49:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

or do the golf glove like mj.

Man, I’ve always wanted, like seriously all of his jackets as a kid. Pretty sure I’m close to the same size and weight as he was too. God damn it. I wanna be all sparkly and shit.

Unless you meant Michael Jordan. Basically the same shit. Always wanted most of his shoes as a kid. Ain’t anywhere near his size though.