Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880703 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22680 on: October 06, 2020, 03:35:00 PM »
I just broke my leg. Nothing serious fortunatelly, but cast sucks.

fucked, hope you heal up fast.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #22681 on: October 07, 2020, 08:36:11 PM »
I have been sore for the past three days, so took a covid test today. But I just remembered I got bit by a tick two years ago and looked up that the symptoms of Lyme disease and found out it can be dormant for a couple years. I'm gonna set up a doctor appointment in the morning, but I'm almost positive I have it just cus I remember getting a bulls eye rash right after and apparently that's a tell tale sign

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #22682 on: October 08, 2020, 06:40:05 AM »
Drank something called a Bang! Last night and now my heart hurts.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #22683 on: October 08, 2020, 06:55:15 AM »
Drank something called a Bang! Last night and now my heart hurts.

That shit is like the american version of WILD TIGER hahaha

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #22684 on: October 08, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »
When several years ago Taco Bell took away Baja sauce and replaced it with disgusting spicy ranch.

Not cool bro. I called the customer service hotline immediately and left a lengthy complaint.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #22685 on: October 08, 2020, 06:26:22 PM »
I am struggling with a college class, the instructor is a twat. Fuck.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #22686 on: October 08, 2020, 06:29:46 PM »
I think I'm developing arthritis or something in my left middle finger from playing the guitar.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22687 on: October 09, 2020, 02:30:34 AM »
I think I'm developing arthritis or something in my left middle finger from playing the guitar.

damn, hope it's not arthritis but only temporary. as someone with overall fucked up hands that plays guitar and bass i know how frustrating that is.

yesterday i replaced our bassist at our rehearsal and i overextended my left hand which made it basically seize up. had to massage and stretch it because it was like instanumb, kinda fucked.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22688 on: October 09, 2020, 06:09:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn, hope it's not arthritis but only temporary. as someone with overall fucked up hands that plays guitar and bass i know how frustrating that is.

yesterday i replaced our bassist at our rehearsal and i overextended my left hand which made it basically seize up. had to massage and stretch it because it was like instanumb, kinda fucked.

Sorry to hear about your hands, I'm kind of saying arthritis out of my ass but one knuckle in particular has been starting to hurt around the bottom joint for a bit now, increasingly, the pain is only sharp when I use it though so I've been spacing out the guitar sessions, but it comes back quickly. Kind of feels like it's cartilage-related. I probably just need to switch my game up and learn new ways to play, I'm self-taught so there has to be some incorrect technique somewhere for me to get to that point (I know it's not the strength of my grip on the neck, I've also been playing the bass for a long time so I'm used to this type of stuff).

Side note but I had one friend in particular who was really talented in everything he was doing, skating, guitar, martial arts, even fishing/cooking and eventually had to quit every single passion of his out of the blue due to health complications in his hands, over ten years ago, that was due to a rare virus though but the idea itself has been freaking me out ever since.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22689 on: October 09, 2020, 07:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sorry to hear about your hands, I'm kind of saying arthritis out of my ass but one knuckle in particular has been starting to hurt around the bottom joint for a bit now, increasingly, the pain is only sharp when I use it though so I've been spacing out the guitar sessions, but it comes back quickly. Kind of feels like it's cartilage-related. I probably just need to switch my game up and learn new ways to play, I'm self-taught so there has to be some incorrect technique somewhere for me to get to that point (I know it's not the strength of my grip on the neck, I've also been playing the bass for a long time so I'm used to this type of stuff).

Side note but I had one friend in particular who was really talented in everything he was doing, skating, guitar, martial arts, even fishing/cooking and eventually had to quit every single passion of his out of the blue due to health complications in his hands, over ten years ago, that was due to a rare virus though but the idea itself has been freaking me out ever since.

yeah man, that sucks, kinda hard to imagine a malfunctioning hand can make you stop all these things.

i have a homie who is missing one hand and he is constantly playing super demanding videogames, i have no idea how he even does it.

Hombreezy

« Reply #22690 on: October 09, 2020, 02:31:23 PM »
Can’t remember the last time I played skate against someone and they didn’t cheat. I gave my friend like 3 extra letters today and still beat him. I usually don’t mind giving someone an extra letter if they’re not paying attention to the score and I don’t really like jock type confrontation anyway so I never say anything. But jeez how do you miss like 9 tricks and still think you have letters left? My friend eventually starting getting a few letters on me long after I’d technically beat him, it was sooo hard to hold my tongue and not be a jock. Even people who were watching our game were puzzled how this dude had so many attempts. Pay attention to your skate score people, it’s not hard.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 02:49:05 PM by Hombreezy »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22691 on: October 09, 2020, 07:43:13 PM »
https://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/man-held-in-beating-in-salem-park/article_8a3ec7ad-d0b5-5ce7-8013-13657d534430.html

My homie Moe is in the hospital.

I stopped hanging out with him except in jail. It killed me saying that to him.

I'm sorry dude but we can't hang out on the streets your too fucking drunk all the time. Your too violent. Every time you drink you hit someone. You push me to violence all the time. I don't want to slap box drunk in the park. I want to get this money and go get high ride my skateboard man.

That was like almost 20 years ago.

Moe had a Hensley King Size when we met. We went and smoked cigarettes. We was like 8 or so.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #22692 on: October 10, 2020, 05:39:57 AM »
It’s ok man. I love you.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #22693 on: October 10, 2020, 06:29:09 AM »
Can’t remember the last time I played skate against someone and they didn’t cheat. I gave my friend like 3 extra letters today and still beat him. I usually don’t mind giving someone an extra letter if they’re not paying attention to the score and I don’t really like jock type confrontation anyway so I never say anything. But jeez how do you miss like 9 tricks and still think you have letters left? My friend eventually starting getting a few letters on me long after I’d technically beat him, it was sooo hard to hold my tongue and not be a jock. Even people who were watching our game were puzzled how this dude had so many attempts. Pay attention to your skate score people, it’s not hard.
😂 shut up.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #22694 on: October 11, 2020, 04:31:26 AM »
My strained quad just healed so went for a short skate today and jammed my wrist falling forward after hanging up on a small block.

Sometimes I have my doubts whether skating is really worth it. The answer is usually 'yes' but I like having my joints and limbs in tact so I can still do other stuff with my body.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #22695 on: October 11, 2020, 08:38:52 PM »
I've had an awful week. All of it related to the simple fact that I don't put myself first when I need to because I'm worried about how others will treat me.

But I've always felt that if I really do put myself first when I need to, that everything will work out. When I don't follow my instincts and do the right thing for myself when I need to, that's when problems occur.

@Banned from the room sucks what you're going through, all the best.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22696 on: October 12, 2020, 06:40:24 AM »
Fuck this rain.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22697 on: October 12, 2020, 07:41:20 AM »
I got my absentee ballot.

I feel like a frickin sell out. I know that ticking these boxes is completely frickin pointless.

By ticking these boxes I hope to quiet the ignorant people I love. They were very upset when I said Nah I will not..

Now I got to spend the day reading up on these liars.

I do not believe in the system. There's nothing anyone can say or do to change my mind
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #22698 on: October 13, 2020, 04:29:35 AM »
I got my absentee ballot.

I feel like a frickin sell out. I know that ticking these boxes is completely frickin pointless.

By ticking these boxes I hope to quiet the ignorant people I love. They were very upset when I said Nah I will not..

Now I got to spend the day reading up on these liars.

I do not believe in the system. There's nothing anyone can say or do to change my mind
If voting changed anything it would be illegal.

That being said, I just requested mine and I’m really bummed.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #22699 on: October 15, 2020, 03:29:10 AM »
I just got fired. I was expecting it, since I work in the event industry, and all the companies are struggling due to Covid, but still, this sucks and my savings are almost depleted since the pandemic hit.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #22700 on: October 15, 2020, 09:30:14 AM »
I started playing bass and guitar this year, so I could have a hobby outside of skateboarding. Now I'm showing symptoms of carpal tunnel and tendonitis.

Now neither hobby is enjoyable without the hassle of constantly worrying about injuries.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #22701 on: October 17, 2020, 04:37:32 AM »

Im not stoked on snow, and its snowing right now. Fuck me, it's gonna be a long winter.  >:(

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #22702 on: October 17, 2020, 06:06:13 AM »
Something happened to my back yesterday. It hasn’t hurt this bad in like two years. I had just clocked in at work and got in a car and when I stepped out of the car, my back just got severe pain and I ended up leaving work two hours later.
My back used to frequently get hurt in the lower area but this is the mid back. It is hurting so fucking bad I’m gonna have to go to the Er today.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:44:16 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22703 on: October 17, 2020, 07:41:31 AM »
^

get it checked for sure! you don't want to run around with a disc prolapse.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #22704 on: October 17, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »
Going to work on a few hours of sleep after drinking all night with my friends.
It’s my last shift before my weekend, so you already know it’s going to be the longest shift ever.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22705 on: October 17, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »
I started playing bass and guitar this year, so I could have a hobby outside of skateboarding. Now I'm showing symptoms of carpal tunnel and tendonitis.

Now neither hobby is enjoyable without the hassle of constantly worrying about injuries.

I was just mentioning something similar on the previous page, joints are still a little painful but overall feeling a lot better now that I've been switching up technique and loosening up my grip a little more. Also breaking down practice in several smaller sessions seems to help.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #22706 on: October 17, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was just mentioning something similar on the previous page, joints are still a little painful but overall feeling a lot better now that I've been switching up technique and loosening up my grip a little more. Also breaking down practice in several smaller sessions seems to help.

Proper form is important.
I started young but my hands used to cramp and lock up before I started paying attention to technique.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22707 on: October 19, 2020, 05:23:29 AM »
Had a seizure in bed last night.  I'm epileptic and medicated. 

I woke up during it and felt like I was paralyzed.  At least I was somewhere safe.  People say the worst places to have one are driving or in a bathroom or kitchen.  Driving- duh.  The other two b/c anywhere you fall there is something hard to hit your head on.  I even peed myself a little (That's common).

Today, I just feel so out of it and am scared to take a shower (b/c of fall risk).  My body also really sore, like I just a tough day skating.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22708 on: October 19, 2020, 05:33:56 AM »

I woke up during it and felt like I was paralyzed.  At least I was somewhere safe.  People say the worst places to have one are driving or in a bathroom or kitchen.  Driving- duh.  The other two b/c anywhere you fall there is something hard to hit your head on.  I even peed myself a little (That's common).

Today, I just feel so out of it and am scared to take a shower (b/c of fall risk).  My body also really sore, like I just a tough day skating.

terryfying man, hope you stay seizure free for as long as possible.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22709 on: October 19, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

terryfying man, hope you stay seizure free for as long as possible.
I really hope you never get another seizure.

My hedge clippers caught me in my left hand. Just a couple one inch cuts that could have been worse. Typical Monday shit.