Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880867 times)

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #22800 on: November 16, 2020, 06:35:47 AM »
Covid has all the gyms closed here and I haven’t done BJJ in over 2 months.

I’ve been drinking beer, eating like shit and haven’t done much other than the odd skate session here and there.

It’s getting cold and it rains a lot these days so hiking and skating are starting to suck. Got a sore hip so running sucks extra hard.

Stepped on a scale last night and it read 217.8... heaviest I’ve ever been. I’m usually around 195. Talk about a kick in the ass.

I need to eat better and start moving again, ASAP. I want to lose 25-30 lbs before BJJ starts again.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #22801 on: November 16, 2020, 07:15:58 AM »
I can only sleep for two hours at a time right now. This happens periodically sometimes for months on end which is why I have a lot of trouble keeping commitments. It's a big reason i've never had a stable job or completed study. I've lived on government handouts and the occasional payment for art related stuff for years and it's torturing my sense of self worth. I've tried everything but there is no consistent solution it seems. Somehow I used to have a wide network of friends, mainly through playing gigs, but I had to cut that out because once again I just can't promise that i'll be around when needed. What a mess.
Why cant you sleep? Is it nightmares or something. Serious question

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #22802 on: November 16, 2020, 07:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
I can only sleep for two hours at a time right now. This happens periodically sometimes for months on end which is why I have a lot of trouble keeping commitments. It's a big reason i've never had a stable job or completed study. I've lived on government handouts and the occasional payment for art related stuff for years and it's torturing my sense of self worth. I've tried everything but there is no consistent solution it seems. Somehow I used to have a wide network of friends, mainly through playing gigs, but I had to cut that out because once again I just can't promise that i'll be around when needed. What a mess.
[close]

At this point I don't know. I do have nightmares but not regularly. I snap out of it for long periods too where I think i'm well again but it always creeps back. I've tried everything from paying attention to sleep to hygiene to pharmaceuticals but have never managed to stabalize it. At this point i've accepted i'll never really lead a relatively normal life.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #22803 on: November 16, 2020, 09:00:36 AM »
Is it because you get super anxious over the fact that you’re just not gonna sleep well, and that in turn causes you to not sleep well? Cuz I dealt with that shit for a while, among a few other mental related shit as well, for a handful of years when I was younger, and there was even a year straight where I just slept like 0-3 hours a day, shit sucked. If it’s because you get anxious about not sleeping well which causes you to not sleep well then just know that shit can be a super vicious cycle, and the only to get around that would be to change the way you look think and approach dealing with sleep, which could probably take some time to do.
Even now in my 30s I can sleep better but I’m still pretty shitty at it, 4-5 hours a night, especially if my stupid ass decides to stay up late on a work night, but sometimes I can get 6 or 7, especially if I go to bed early (which is rare these days) and also don’t have too much on my mind to keep me up; after 6-7 hours tho I’m usually good to go for the day. I should note even if I get 6-7 hours I’m still waking up a few times throughout the night here and there, rarely do I get 6 or 7 hours straight through. Never could hit that mystical 8 hours of sleep; even if I stay up for like a whole day straight and finally go to bed I still just max out at 6-7 hours of sleep before I’m up.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22804 on: November 16, 2020, 10:05:39 AM »
In desperate time's one does have to resort to employment in sketchy environment's, so I deliver car parts for a reputable warehouse however some of the people I deliver to are straight up dipshits of the highest caliber.

Brought out an axle to this country fuck and when you get there you inform the person like hey I have your part need some help yada yada. So as I'm helping this guy get his part out the truck bed a dip shit notices a Biden signs in the bed as a layer to protect the truck bed from too deep of scratches, he makes off handed comments his buddies are laughing, I'm like yeah whatever dude I'm not going to get in to this.  So they keep heckling me and I made a valid observation.

Ahemmm I asked these guy's a good question, who's side were you on in Rocky 4 Russian's or America? They said America and Rocky's side I'm like that's good for now but why is it that your lord and master is basically gobbling Putin's dick? Seems to me like your president is a GOD-DAMNED TRAITOR I don't like you pinko commies!!!

Well at first my joking questions seemed to get something through to them,  but I think they didn't like being called a pinko commie, as I'm leaving now someone is coming over with a pistol I reached in my truck and had mine first like dude it doesn't have to come down to this, and the older guy talked down the young man with the pistol nodded and proceeded to tear ass out of there, and I recommend that anyone who had to go to work and with redneck's you're still going to have to deal with these fragile pussies.
Dueces Bitch's

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22805 on: November 16, 2020, 10:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
UK and Europe footage. Sorry. I've been over a few times and all of the trips were bad experiences with Barcelona being the worst trip I've ever been on, so I hate to see footage from there. UK footage is especially grey and crusty. I'm actually commenting in here instead of the Tom Knox thread because I don't want to bring any negativity in there, but I couldn't even sit through that part. I turned it off after 3 minutes, then went back and tried again, and still turned it off after about another minute. This skating just does not appeal to me at all, and a huge part of that is the locale. It looks gross - not like anywhere I'd ever want to go. So it doesn't get me hyped because I don't want images of dreary ass England in my head.

Anyway, rant over. NB# shoes look like garbage too so that wasn't helping the part.
[close]

hahahaha, you really do just come off as a bitter old dickhead in all your posts. 40 year old who interned at the berrics, who hates most new things, and wears gum soled etnies.

god if i'm anywhere near as bitter as you posting on the internet in my 40's, i'd give permission to anyone to off me.

You said all China footage sucks. I don't see the difference between that and what he said except that he went into more detail about why he doesn't like Europe footage.

Yu Dum

« Reply #22806 on: November 16, 2020, 12:31:33 PM »
Fuckin' heartburn. I've been dealing with this shit since I tried to go to bed last night. Haven't slept because of it. Still have 3.5 hours left of my shift. As soon as I get home, I'm going the fuck to bed.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #22807 on: November 16, 2020, 03:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

At this point I don't know. I do have nightmares but not regularly. I snap out of it for long periods too where I think i'm well again but it always creeps back. I've tried everything from paying attention to sleep to hygiene to pharmaceuticals but have never managed to stabalize it. At this point i've accepted i'll never really lead a relatively normal life.
Man thats fucked up and must be not good for the sesh. I know this is basic but have you tried smoking a joint after being exhausted all day, then ejac once before trying to pass out? Like those three things plus a nyquil sleep tea or something. Because even if it comes in phases or months you dont want it to get worse during the worst phase of that cycle. During the best months when it doesnt happen at all or way less what have you been doing differently? In terms of diet, activity, stress factors and etc. I hope you can get it sorted out

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #22808 on: November 16, 2020, 03:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
UK and Europe footage. Sorry. I've been over a few times and all of the trips were bad experiences with Barcelona being the worst trip I've ever been on, so I hate to see footage from there. UK footage is especially grey and crusty. I'm actually commenting in here instead of the Tom Knox thread because I don't want to bring any negativity in there, but I couldn't even sit through that part. I turned it off after 3 minutes, then went back and tried again, and still turned it off after about another minute. This skating just does not appeal to me at all, and a huge part of that is the locale. It looks gross - not like anywhere I'd ever want to go. So it doesn't get me hyped because I don't want images of dreary ass England in my head.

Anyway, rant over. NB# shoes look like garbage too so that wasn't helping the part.
[close]

hahahaha, you really do just come off as a bitter old dickhead in all your posts. 40 year old who interned at the berrics, who hates most new things, and wears gum soled etnies.

god if i'm anywhere near as bitter as you posting on the internet in my 40's, i'd give permission to anyone to off me.
[close]

You said all China footage sucks. I don't see the difference between that and what he said except that he went into more detail about why he doesn't like Europe footage.
The happy medium videos were filmed in red dirt so he doesnt like seeing crisp city spots from "those" people, it shakes his world view

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #22809 on: November 16, 2020, 09:27:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Man thats fucked up and must be not good for the sesh. I know this is basic but have you tried smoking a joint after being exhausted all day, then ejac once before trying to pass out? Like those three things plus a nyquil sleep tea or something. Because even if it comes in phases or months you dont want it to get worse during the worst phase of that cycle. During the best months when it doesnt happen at all or way less what have you been doing differently? In terms of diet, activity, stress factors and etc. I hope you can get it sorted out

Yeah it's mad difficult. It sucks having to dial back skating and restrict myself to simple flatground sessions but i'll take what I can get. I've always been healthy as far as diet and exercise goes too. Just booked some sessions with my old therapist to try and uncover some psychological triggers so hopefully I can chip away at this. Thanks for reading, I just put stuff out here to vent and don't really expect anyone to read or reply. Big ups.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22810 on: November 17, 2020, 06:37:53 AM »
Injured again.  Pinched a nerve in my back getting warmed up.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Brguy

« Reply #22811 on: November 18, 2020, 12:17:48 PM »
Whiskey dick, I wish I knew my dick cannot handle the same amount of alcohol as the rest of my body.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #22812 on: November 18, 2020, 06:25:22 PM »
Bands using the absolute worst shirts and hoodies for their merch. Been trying to support since there are no live shows, but I feel like I've thrown away a couple hundred bucks this year on unwearable garbage.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #22813 on: November 20, 2020, 10:33:30 AM »
I don't even understand 2020. 2021 is going to be insane
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 01:21:26 PM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #22814 on: November 20, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
Damn, that’s fucked dude!! Good thing y’all caught it before things went any further. I hope you avoid jail while dealing with this scumbag.

animalflesh

« Reply #22815 on: November 20, 2020, 06:59:21 PM »
Feeling burnt out, I feel like I’ve had a lot of success this year but I’m just burnt dude

Can’t even get motivated to skate? Had some injuries get re hurt this year... but at this point I’m good to go

I’m just having a hard time heating it up

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #22816 on: November 21, 2020, 05:03:11 AM »
I’ve had tonsillitis for the last few days on top of an infected tooth.
Shit sucks and I’ve been working my ass off at work hoping I could possibly sweat out some bad Infection tonsil shit/detox it lol.
With my phone flashlight I can see the swelling and some puss in my throat.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #22817 on: November 21, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »
I’ve had tonsillitis for the last few days on top of an infected tooth.
Shit sucks and I’ve been working my ass off at work hoping I could possibly sweat out some bad Infection tonsil shit/detox it lol.
With my phone flashlight I can see the swelling and some puss in my throat.

Go to the doc holmes!

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #22818 on: November 23, 2020, 08:12:26 AM »
my little brother got to choose any board he wanted online and he chose a pizza deck  :'(

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #22819 on: November 23, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »
a guy we skate with was murdered last week.  i didnt know him very well, but he was a great guy and a lot of my friends were really close with him.  really stand up guy, real grown up job, had his shit together, friendliest dude on the session, and a total ripper.  was 28 and had his whole life ahead of him.  his girlfriend's brother stabbed him when he tried to remove him from their home.  very tragic and shocking situation. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22820 on: November 23, 2020, 11:02:10 PM »
a guy we skate with was murdered last week.  i didnt know him very well, but he was a great guy and a lot of my friends were really close with him.  really stand up guy, real grown up job, had his shit together, friendliest dude on the session, and a total ripper.  was 28 and had his whole life ahead of him.  his girlfriend's brother stabbed him when he tried to remove him from their home.  very tragic and shocking situation.

goddamn.

sorry for your and your friends loss. 

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #22821 on: November 24, 2020, 04:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah it's mad difficult. It sucks having to dial back skating and restrict myself to simple flatground sessions but i'll take what I can get. I've always been healthy as far as diet and exercise goes too. Just booked some sessions with my old therapist to try and uncover some psychological triggers so hopefully I can chip away at this. Thanks for reading, I just put stuff out here to vent and don't really expect anyone to read or reply. Big ups.
No problem homie i hope you been sleeping well fr

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #22822 on: November 25, 2020, 11:49:20 AM »
I somehow misplaced a medicine bottle with like 5gs of pot in it in my room somewhere.

I have another med bottle mostly full, so it's not the end of the world, but it's driving me crazy cause I feel like I've looked everywhere.

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #22823 on: November 25, 2020, 12:17:50 PM »
i got covid and lost all my shifts and now there is a curfew in effect. cant pick up shifts cause none of my co fuckers have money.thank you for letting me vent.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22824 on: November 25, 2020, 02:11:22 PM »
today was quite a day.

prelude: my wife is not a plant mom and has created quite a nice collection of not so rare plants. last two months have been a big learning curve for her, since a lot of plants are finicky.

she started following a local FB group with auctions for rarer plants and decided to pursue one on Sunday. she got outbid in the last minute and was pretty disappointment. a few minutes later she got a DM from a different seller selling an even bigger plant of the same kind for a bit more money.

we have a covid limitation that we may not leave our municipality (other than for some exceptions) and she paid up front and the seller sent the plant via mail on Monday.

what we forgot about is that over the weekend the online black friday deals started and due to covid a lot of shops can offer online shopping only. this meant that the national post company was swamped like never ever before (like magnitudes more orders).

we expected the package on Tuesday, but nothing happened. the temperatures outside are freezing right now and the plant is very picky about temperature. so as we didn't get any package or a note that we could not be reached, we went to the main post warehouse in the country (5 mins drive away) and they explained that they don't know where the package is because they are literally drowning in packages. we explain the urgency and leave, wife being pissed that the plant is going to die

so the Wednesday to remember begins. we both work from home, but today we didn't get anything done. here's why.

we never had our surnames on the apartment building doorbell and all packages reached us just fine. but to be extra sure, I put our names there the day before. the online package following tool indicated that it hadn't moved an inch. wife was fuming at this point, so I went to check the warehouse again myself.

same story as the day before, I create a bigger sense of urgency and they promise that the package will be delivered today. we are now counting house the plant spent in the freezing temperatures to our dismay.

a few hours later the packed is labeled as not delivered because we could not be reached. I see that some douchebag took down our surnames from the doorbell and of course we could not be reached. wife pissed even more. go to warehouse again, they say that the package is now driving around in the delivery van.

I get his number, call tell him to coma again. he does not come for 45mins, I call again and go to find him. I finally get the package. The flower was packaged expertly, so without a pot and earth. we don't have any at home for that specific plant. to the store I go.

so the potting process is pretty complex for a delicate plant and the whole ordeal was finished later in the afternoon, with both me and my wife drained. kudos to postal workers, they really did come though.

now we wait and see if the plant makes it. what a day

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22825 on: November 26, 2020, 12:24:21 AM »
i got covid and lost all my shifts and now there is a curfew in effect. cant pick up shifts cause none of my co fuckers have money.thank you for letting me vent.

i know that too well bro, stay up. it's unfortunate, i'm pretty much jobless until we open up again, and before it was a hassle to get shifts for me as well. i lost one of my two jobs and am on hold with the other until business resumes, but of course i don't get paid. basically living on credit now. might have to start working at a grocery store through december and hopefully get a new real job coming in january or february with better pay. i can maybe stretch my non existent funds for a month.

plus side is covid made me handle my money much better.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #22826 on: November 26, 2020, 05:31:25 PM »
My best friend of the last 15 years has found a new girlfriend, and is madly in love. Thing is, I haven't seen him since mid-August. No phone call, a few texts here and there which he takes forever to answer, but other than that, nothing. He's changed apartment, but hasn't told me where it is. None of our mutual friends have had any news from him.

I'm bummed, because this dude is like my brother and he's never been like this before.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #22827 on: November 26, 2020, 09:34:23 PM »
Wood shortage fucking up the lil money I was making from “work”. Cold weather and covid messing up my ability to work on new projects that would also be making me money. Guess it could be worse but being unproductive especially around the holidays make me very stir crazy 

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #22828 on: November 27, 2020, 09:42:42 AM »
Just trying to buy an standard abduction and classic OG AWS graphic tees in size lrg in black is turning out to be such an endeavor. Cmon AWS. Any of you Pals know where I can find them online?
I went to Forbidden Planet in NYC to get gifts for my Nephews and Brother in law as well as a comic book for myself and an anti masker got in my face. A "badass" literally tried to fight me in a comic book/toy store. I'm bummed I didn't just say fuck it and grab a plastic light saber and say "go for it, tough guy". I got in some decent zingers but, y'know, l'esprit de l'escalier.
I fractured my ankle in August doing the dumbest trick ever and the ER missed the fracture in their Xray analysis and I aggravated it for months until I finally got a doctor to get me an ultrasound order and its a bad fracture and torn ligaments and torn tendon. I need surgery to reattach the tendon but I can't get it until January. The recovery looks like I'll be skating in may hopefully. I have a rad PT but I also might need surgery on my knee and stomach. I'm sober and I have to take pain management medication and it fucks with my head sometimes. Also I'm a freelance laborer so I can't work for awhile and two of my jobs are really understanding about it but another one of them just sent me a really shitty text.
I'm trying to go on dates and move on from my break up on New Years but my ex is the best and we spoke on the phone yesterday and I guess I'm still in love.
I spoke to my fam up in Boston yesterday. I've got some Blue Lives Matter Trumpers in my bloodline and it's just like I love you but I have to speak to you as if you were a child.
Whatever. I'm gonna do positive affirmations with this ASMR video <3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwgRiIeButs&t=643s

Grind King Rims

« Reply #22829 on: November 27, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
Feel like I'm always being made apologize over something. Feel like the only times that I let myself relax and be myself, I'm made to feel like there's something wrong with me. I really make an effort to be positive and agreeable with the people in my life but I always end up feeling like I'm either not being true to myself or I end up putting someone off.

Lately I'm thankful that I can express myself on a semi-anonymous message board about the skateboarding industry.