Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880752 times)

OldCandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23040 on: February 17, 2021, 08:18:25 PM »
Hey @Noble Experiment I had a similar situation here. It was really getting me down when my country was in complete lockdown but I was an essential worker. It was okay for me to leave the house and 5km radius to go to work all week, Mon-Fri, but as soon as 5 o'clock Friday came around, I had to go straight home? It really started to get to me.

If you're like me, you might have gotten stuck in a rut of browsing youtube and instagram without even really enjoying it. The key is finding something that gives you a bit of joy and making the time for that.

I've really gotten into a bit of exploring. Just going for walks and cycles down roads that I haven't been before. It's not always exciting, but it's something new. I also picked up a new instrument and that's been really fun. I've been playing guitar for almost half my life, so it kind of became joyless, but with a new instrument I can really concentrate and lose myself in it. I found a new book too.

Hopefully you can find something that you get a little kick out of, or something to focus on more than just screens. Really I wouldn't be doing any of this shit if not for COVID because I would much rather be going to get drunk with my friends, but the world is your oyster and you can spend your time how you chose.
whats with writing like this

toronto weather, grey and cold - which is still skatable but oftentimes the smallest amount of wind will suck the pop the heat right out of you. We also dont have a spring, its more of a slushy winter - water/slush gets onto your shoes somehow even though you take extra care to push/step on the dry spots, then gets on your board, grip is ruined and your wife is cheating on you.

why dont i go to a indoors/underground parking. im a kid dont have a car/money we do have a mediocre indoors that is extremely overpriced (think 35-25 cad for a crowded 2hr visit - closed because of covid anyways). undergrounds are all flatground cant find no bumpers etc.
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23041 on: February 17, 2021, 10:18:04 PM »
Nothing major, but I had a cool/cute match on Bumble. She sent a message and I let it expire. She was a bit cooler than most and I just didn't get around to responding in time.

That 24 hour limit is dumb. Seems reasonable for high school and college kids, but anyone with a job and has to work late, that limit is dumb. There should be a grown up mode on this shit.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23042 on: February 19, 2021, 06:22:11 PM »
I missed the natas bags.

Ssd was last midnight not the midnight coming up.

Idiot!!!
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #23043 on: February 20, 2021, 09:18:56 PM »
Very trivial, but I'm super annoyed with the new "Volume should be turned down" update on iPhone. It throttles your volume after a certain amount of time and forcibly lowers it to barely a whisper, which is obnoxious as fuck for someone who listens to podcasts at work

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23044 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:34 PM »
Very trivial, but I'm super annoyed with the new "Volume should be turned down" update on iPhone. It throttles your volume after a certain amount of time and forcibly lowers it to barely a whisper, which is obnoxious as fuck for someone who listens to podcasts at work

As someone with tinnitus... Yeah the iphone fucking with your volume settings sucks ... But the forever ringing that comes from shit being too loud for too long is terrible.

Buy some fancy noise cancelling headphones.

(I've had this shit for about 4 months now and it came from a single month of listening to shit too loud to drown out some construction work). I miss being able to hear silence.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #23045 on: February 20, 2021, 10:10:08 PM »

As someone with tinnitus... Yeah the iphone fucking with your volume settings sucks ... But the forever ringing that comes from shit being too loud for too long is terrible.

Buy some fancy noise cancelling headphones.

(I've had this shit for about 4 months now and it came from a single month of listening to shit too loud to drown out some construction work). I miss being able to hear silence.

I have noise canceling 3M headphones for my day job, but i also work part time at a restaurant and listen to podcasts on one ear bud while i work in the kitchen. That's when it annoys me because they're already not terribly loud

Rohn_mob_joore

• Rep: -24
« Reply #23046 on: February 21, 2021, 10:11:41 PM »
Nothing major, but I had a cool/cute match on Bumble. She sent a message and I let it expire. She was a bit cooler than most and I just didn't get around to responding in time.

That 24 hour limit is dumb. Seems reasonable for high school and college kids, but anyone with a job and has to work late, that limit is dumb. There should be a grown up mode on this shit.

I found Hinge to be the best app, I got way more matches and success on it than bumble or tinder. A lot of girls on tinder my age seem like they’re just on it for the validation of getting likes or promoting their instagrams

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23047 on: February 22, 2021, 12:15:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I found Hinge to be the best app, I got way more matches and success on it than bumble or tinder. A lot of girls on tinder my age seem like they’re just on it for the validation of getting likes or promoting their instagrams

When I was using Hinge, it would only show me the most unattractive women imaginable. And I’m not only into thots or hoes or whatever, these were chicks you’d only ever see once in a blue moon in real life and think “Jesus fucking Christ what even is that.” Hinge seemed like some sort of prank or experiment gone wrong. Tinder is very thot heavy, Bumble has the relatable cute chicks.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23048 on: February 22, 2021, 12:57:13 PM »
Had to order new pants because I am too fat for the old ones.  :'(
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #23049 on: February 22, 2021, 11:36:32 PM »
my fucking iphone se seems to be slowly dying.
the fucking thing is only a little over 4 years old,
fucking big tech corps expect me to buy a damn
new mobile phone every couple of years or what?

last week some skategirl asked me to film her flat
trick and i whipped out my iphone se and she was
like "wow, that is cool that is vintage!" - yeah right.
a fucking Nokia 3310  is vintage and longer lasting.

Wallienollie

• Rep: -2
« Reply #23050 on: February 23, 2021, 09:16:46 AM »
snow snow snow snow snow i just want to fucking slappy!! every fucking time it starts drying it snows again, done with this shit.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23051 on: February 23, 2021, 01:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

When I was using Hinge, it would only show me the most unattractive women imaginable. And I’m not only into thots or hoes or whatever, these were chicks you’d only ever see once in a blue moon in real life and think “Jesus fucking Christ what even is that.” Hinge seemed like some sort of prank or experiment gone wrong. Tinder is very thot heavy, Bumble has the relatable cute chicks.
Not that I'm getting any matches, but I find your summation of these apps to be accurate. I can't help but feel scummy though when I find a high percentage of women to be unattractive to the point that I don't want to date them. For one, beggars can't be choosers. For two, it makes me face how shallow I am head on.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ghettygreensili

• Rep: -9
« Reply #23052 on: February 23, 2021, 02:07:51 PM »
My roommates been lying about paying bills. My internet's gone out and I can't get his part of the gas/electricity bill. Dude owes the landlord $1400 and spends his money on beer. He's drinking about a 30 case a day, can't clean worth a damn, and god forbid he takes a shower. Asshole had the fucking gall to be bragging about how he stood up for his boss "delivering dominos pizza" because he didn't want to work until 4AM. Go fuck yourself dude, you're not even man enough to hold down a job.
Frontside grind blind on the government

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: 11
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #23053 on: February 23, 2021, 03:23:38 PM »
When he gets blackout drunk piss on his bed then preferably on him. Dude sounds like a bum.
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23054 on: February 24, 2021, 11:54:18 AM »
My best friend started drinking heavily again and most likely stopped his depression meds.

He called me blackout drunk at 3am this morning telling me to come party with him. I wake up at 5 for work so I was fucking pissed. It’s almost 3pm on the east coast right now and he just texted me that he had just woken up and does not remember the last 24 hours. He had 5 empty wine bottles in the living room and woke up fully dressed.

I’ve seen this happen to him a bunch over the years and i’m seriously over it. I want to help him but he doesn’t want help. He keeps saying he’s fine and that he’s about to start therapy, which he never does in the end.

Shit’s bumming me out

Massivebellend

• Rep: -14
« Reply #23055 on: February 24, 2021, 02:13:57 PM »
3 month old daughter never fucking sleeping unless she’s on my wife/chilling on the boob + our 3 year old daughter never sleeping/consistently waking up throughout the night = no one sleeping, groggy life and no will to do anything but exist in a grey existence

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23056 on: February 24, 2021, 11:31:04 PM »
my fucking iphone se seems to be slowly dying.

this smartphone is fully repairable and as sustainable as you can buy one i guess:

https://www.fairphone.com/en/

you can even upgrade parts like the camera and other stuff.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23057 on: February 26, 2021, 01:30:00 PM »
i don't know what's up with this but police activity has been through the roof in my neighborhood. they raided a house across the street a few days ago and every night there's police hold ups right in front of my house. blaring sirens constantly. i feel like i live in some sort of hood. except i guess there's not even a lot of police presence in an actual hood.

also hearing my dumbass neighbor scream at his gf every morning through the kitchen walls sucks. i still think the dude beats her up, but i can't really prove it and worst of all she seems like she's kinda complicit in his behavior. i'm not sure if i'm overstepping boundaries if i called the cops on him when i hear him going full aggro again. they were here once and she apparently shushed them away.

also i'm fucking broke and need to come up with something in the next two weeks lol. just packing boxes at ups would do for now. it's some money at least.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23058 on: February 26, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »
If they're just yelling at each other, I'd say, talk to your neighbor next time the dude isn't around and see if she is alright or wants you to call the cops next time things heat up.

Yeah, some people are locked into gnarly relationships where it seems like both people are abusing each other. Shit sucks.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:26:35 AM by TheLurper »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23059 on: February 26, 2021, 10:02:55 PM »
If they're just yelling at each other, I'd say, talk to your neighbor next time the dude isn't around and see if she is alright or wants you to call the cops next time things heat up.

Yeah, some people are locked into gnarly relationships, where it seems like both people are abusing each other. Shit sucks.

man, i haven't seen her in months. it almost makes me think she is somewhat homelocked. and i'm basically on don't talk to me terms with the guy due to another thing, actually there's potential for violence if we meet next time. i basically said to him he should stay the fuck away from me. dude stood in front of the house taunting me to come out and fight him. i gotta deal with this without ringing at their place somehow. i thought of maybe putting up an awareness flyer about domestic violence in the hallway could signal support? at the same time, i don't want to be dragged into their shit. i know they've been living together for years, they lived in a different apartment together for years prior to moving into our house.

they are so loud you can hear the guy scream shit like "you damn cunt, do x/y or it's fucking on!" from outside. next time i see the dude living under them i want to ask him if he hears that shit, too.

i was oblivious to the fights cuz of my sleeping schedule at the time but then my roommate told me about it and after i had to be up when he is up i heard it, too. i don't want to call the cops on them for nothing if she is somewhat complicit due to them being used to their super toxic relationship. since i haven't seen her in ages, i can't tell if she has visible signs of abuse, and even then, some scumbags beat their women tactically, not in the face so no one sees it immediately, and this dude is putting up a friendly facade so hard while being an obvious tyrant at home that i would guess he'd operate like that.

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #23060 on: March 01, 2021, 06:42:01 PM »
Hoping to buy a mountain bike, but pickings are slim trending toward grim. Shops I inquired with the second week of February that told me “check back, we have more coming” have less now than they did then.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #23061 on: March 02, 2021, 02:11:22 PM »
my birthday is on the leap year. feb 29th......whenever it dosent exsit i celebrate on the 28th which feels weird but less weird then celebrating on march 1st.....3 out of 4 years my birthday does not feel real

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #23062 on: March 02, 2021, 02:56:58 PM »
3 month old daughter never fucking sleeping unless she’s on my wife/chilling on the boob + our 3 year old daughter never sleeping/consistently waking up throughout the night = no one sleeping, groggy life and no will to do anything but exist in a grey existence
I feel you man. Had the exact same situation last year during quarantine, finicky newborn not sleeping, 2 year old not wanting to sleep in her own bed, both my wife and I working from home. We were at each others throats. It really does suck the motivation to do anything right out of you.

Get hungry on it!

YungJugg

• Rep: 225
« Reply #23063 on: March 02, 2021, 04:10:31 PM »
been having some pretty gnarly pains few days after a quick and mellow shoulder dislocation. gonna have to call someone up tomorrow, shit is lame. just had to get an mri on my ankle, waiting on results.

on top of that I fucked up my ulnar nerve a lil while ago, currently it functions at half of my good one.

shit comes in threes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:17:15 PM by YungJugg »

Neil

• Rep: 13
« Reply #23064 on: March 02, 2021, 09:29:13 PM »
Piling onto new baby talk.

New baby is a total joy. But she seems to have 3 modes: <2 hour naps, breastfeeding, and crying. The house is full of junk that we'll use for 6 months max. This is taking a serious toll on the lady's mental health.

On top of that, anyone covering your ass at your job for parental leave is non existent. I'm lucky I have a job that is computer/remote based but I'm working in the middle of the night to keep up and keeping an ear out for a crying baby and trying to not lose my shit in the middle of the day. I hope things get better.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23065 on: March 04, 2021, 04:24:57 AM »
The weirdest thing happened to me today, I was at Aldi waiting in line and the people in front of me were taking ages and then as it was my turn I was saying something to the check out person and then it was just hectic tunnel vision and I was like jerking around trying to stand up straight and I fell over and smoked my knees and I rolled the shit out of one of my ankles. I think I hit my head or something, too
That’s never happened to me before it sucked
It was really embarrassing and a bit scary

Not a seizure or anything I think I fainted?
listen to cosmic psychos

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 318
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #23066 on: March 04, 2021, 04:40:59 AM »
Damn Matty. Wish I could offer an explanation. The only time something like that happened to me is when I smoked too much weed and blacked out and woke up seconds later on the ground.

Sounds scary as fuck.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #23067 on: March 04, 2021, 09:01:32 AM »
Damn matty, go to a doctor for real.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23068 on: March 04, 2021, 11:25:36 AM »
The weirdest thing happened to me today, I was at Aldi waiting in line and the people in front of me were taking ages and then as it was my turn I was saying something to the check out person and then it was just hectic tunnel vision and I was like jerking around trying to stand up straight and I fell over and smoked my knees and I rolled the shit out of one of my ankles. I think I hit my head or something, too

How old are you, and what kind of medical issues do you have?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #23069 on: March 04, 2021, 11:41:24 AM »

you got insurance? I don't know what it's like in AU. you probably do. You might be able to get an EEG or and EKG, not sure which, to see if there is anything going on in your brain that is worth noting

I've fainted a few times, vasovagal response. First happened when I was a little kid, out of nowhere. It's happened when I got too high on weed a couple and wasn't breathing enough as well as when I've had to have blood drawn. It also happened during a panic attack. Tunnel vision, collapse, hit head etc. When it's happened to me, I've may have been mildly dehydrated from too much alcohol the night/days prior, my blood sugar has been low to the point where if I eat a snack I'm feeling much better.

Damn, hope you're alright brother
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind