Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880708 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23070 on: March 04, 2021, 01:06:19 PM »
I used to pass out for a couple seconds a lot when I was younger, if I would stand up too fast.

I just kinda grew out of it, I still don't know what the deal was.

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23071 on: March 04, 2021, 03:07:54 PM »
You know I actually was real fucking high yesterday
Maybe that was it? Now that I think about it I have had mad headspins from standing up before but nothing that actually made me fall over. I am at work but just chilling today I think I will go to the doctors this arvo or tomorrow cause I still feel a bit light headed but nothing like yesterday

I don’t think I have any health issues but I probably smoke and drink too much
listen to cosmic psychos

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #23072 on: March 04, 2021, 03:14:09 PM »
look after yourself big dawg

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #23073 on: March 05, 2021, 09:37:53 AM »
Fucked up my ankle tendons and ligaments in late December. Really hurts to flick, yet I feel nothing wrong with ollies. Just started PT today hope it’s not too late.

Don’t take your kickflips for granted.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 10:02:39 AM by YungJugg »

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #23074 on: March 07, 2021, 09:33:37 AM »
 I was hit by by a freight train while out for a walk a little under a month ago. It was midday and I was sober, but I had my headphones in and was walking with my back to the train.
 I was walking on the path directly to the left of the tracks, but must have cut to the right at the exact moment the train passed me. A complete fuck-up on my behalf.
 Ended up with two fractures in my spinal column, needed my head stapled shut in two places, and generally just fucked my entire right side up.

I seem to be healing quickly, but skating is out of the question for the foreseeable future.
 I'm a goddamn idiot.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #23075 on: March 07, 2021, 10:10:22 AM »
Wow, that's really heavy, but I wouldn't beat yourself up pal, that could happen to anyone. Any time you feel bad about it, try and just be thankful you're alive and count your blessings. Heal up quick pal <3

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23076 on: March 07, 2021, 10:03:18 PM »
That is really heavy I hope you start feeling better soon mate
Also, go buy some lottery tickets
listen to cosmic psychos

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #23077 on: March 08, 2021, 10:46:07 PM »
Had to meet up with my mom earlier to drop off to her some tax documents. Within the first thirty seconds of seeing her she berated me for looking more “fat and plump” since the last time I saw her (I’ve been injured since December so I haven’t been skating or being active much at all, so some weight gain is inevitable. I don’t think I’ve gained that much weight at all honestly, just a bit, but still, can’t say that comment still didn’t sting a bit), then she started giving me shit for not getting promoted at my job yet and still not being a supervisor there, and then she started giving me shit for still being a “skate bum” at the age of 30 and not focusing on trying to start a family or having kids yet. Needless to say I gave her the tax documents and got the hell outta there and booked it home.
And she wonders why I never call her and why I only try to see her in person a few times a year....

Grind King Rims

« Reply #23078 on: March 09, 2021, 11:54:48 AM »
That sucks, my mom does that too sometimes. More-so to my sister than me, but it sucks to see. I don't know you or your mom dukes, but I have to imagine it's coming from a place of care, that she thinks you're capable of a lot and wants you to exceed for your own sake, etc etc.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23079 on: March 14, 2021, 07:31:41 PM »
Just realized I might have to start thinking about hanging up my board for a while and focus on rehabbing my back and working my flexibility.

I just blew my back out again skating flatground. I know I’ll be fucked for at least a week or two if not more. I have a physical job, so working is going to suck, and I don’t even know if I’ll be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning.

These days skating is such a huge gamble for me, I just keep blowing my back out almost everytime I skate. It’s gotten to the point where I hurt myself fucking around on flatground without even falling. Worst part is when I don’t get hurt, I ain’t landing shit.... I’m getting tired of it.

I was a good skater for a long time but lately struggle to land the most basic of tricks, it’s as if all my muscle memory and balance have gone in the last year or so. I have never taken a break from skating (besides a month here and there in the winter), yet it feels like I haven’t skated in years.

Almost 23 years of skating is really starting to take its toll on my body, I’m seriously bummed.

sketchyrider

« Reply #23080 on: March 15, 2021, 05:54:03 AM »
Just realized I might have to start thinking about hanging up my board for a while and focus on rehabbing my back and working my flexibility.

I just blew my back out again skating flatground. I know I’ll be fucked for at least a week or two if not more. I have a physical job, so working is going to suck, and I don’t even know if I’ll be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning.

These days skating is such a huge gamble for me, I just keep blowing my back out almost everytime I skate. It’s gotten to the point where I hurt myself fucking around on flatground without even falling. Worst part is when I don’t get hurt, I ain’t landing shit.... I’m getting tired of it.

I was a good skater for a long time but lately struggle to land the most basic of tricks, it’s as if all my muscle memory and balance have gone in the last year or so. I have never taken a break from skating (besides a month here and there in the winter), yet it feels like I haven’t skated in years.

Almost 23 years of skating is really starting to take its toll on my body, I’m seriously bummed.

sorry to hear that you are hurting, hope you find some relief soon.

maybe it is time for a little break? any time someone talks about taking a break from skating, its always framed in a negative light. "wish i never stopped!" etc. but nobody ever thinks about how maybe the break is what brought you back and made it so special. after all, its just dicking around on a piece of wood. its the meaning we get from it that actually matters.

just going off what you're saying, sounds like you're already not skating how you want anyway, so you might as well actually hang it up for a bit and at least recover. might give yourself a chance to heal so you can skate how you want. or, even if your body is too thrashed even after time off, maybe you'll see it with fresh eyes and slappy nose slides will put a smile on your face. rather than a "why can't i do X anymore" mentality.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23081 on: March 15, 2021, 07:43:47 AM »
I got these red bumps on my face only in the mask area.  It's not acne and I normally have very clear skin.  I change my mask several times a week.  My local grocery has a big box of them by the door for free so I grab a few every time I go.  I've been using a super gentle face wash and even tried this face mask my wife has that is aloe and cucumber.  This is only in the mask area, so it looks redicoulus.         

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23082 on: March 15, 2021, 11:39:14 AM »
wow. I'm pretty bummed out and got nowhere else to talk about this but I just found out an old friend who I once loved very much killed herself just under 2 months ago. We hadn't talked in a few years but around late April '20 she started texting me some intense shit about planning to commit suicide. I was in the midst of a very, very dark mental health crisis myself and ended up spending a few days trying to talk her down via text across the country while I was losing my shit. Eventually, I had to call the cops for a welfare check and all that. We didn't talk again for a few months, but then summer came and she was sending me photos of her doing really well and enjoying life. I went east in early autumn and we planned to hang for an afternoon but a lot of trauma related stuff came up for me and I cancelled our plans. Part of me really wanted to get together because we had been pretty intimate in a non-sexual way- like we connected on a soul level- but I didn't want to open the door and end up getting overwhelmed trying to help an old friend who was at their wits end. I'm an emotional guy and I'm a giver/helper who has always put others needs before mine, and in this case, I had decided to look out for myself. She seemed well and in recovery, you know? well, early January, I got a text from her saying "sending love. hope you are well." Again, I wasn't willing/able to open the door and couldn't reply. I've thought about it pretty regularly, how crappy it was that I hadn't replied. So today, I decided to shoot her a line, explaining why I hadn't responded and that if she'd like to connect, I'm able and willing. I started getting these messages "you are blocked from sending originating messages to this number," which I found weird because you're generally not told when you're blocked. so, since SLAP is the only social media I use, I searched her name on duckduckgo to see if I could glimpse her FB, and her obituary came up. She "died unexpectedly" on Jan 20, 2021. goddamnit.

Tiff, you are a beautiful soul. I used to go to the burrito shop on Fridays only because I wanted to talk with you. I'll never forget the time we went to Providence in your shitty little gold car and you pointed at the Sierra Club sticker on the back window and said "I'm a philanthropist." that time, right after you broke up with that kid Mike who, for 2 years I had hoped you would dump and go out with me, when we went camping and had that weird, awkward make out, is totally the most awkward experience I had with a woman in my adult life and it's great. I hope the teachings, the lotus seed mala, the metta mantra helped you find some ease, no matter how temporary. May you rest happy and peacefully. May you have found ease. Maybe wherever you're at, you've got vegan food and kittens. All my love, sister. All my love.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:11:42 PM by IusedToSkateMore »
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Hombreezy

« Reply #23083 on: March 15, 2021, 04:19:56 PM »
wow. I'm pretty bummed out and got nowhere else to talk about this but I just found out an old friend who I once loved very much killed herself just under 2 months ago. We hadn't talked in a few years but around late April '20 she started texting me some intense shit about planning to commit suicide. I was in the midst of a very, very dark mental health crisis myself and ended up spending a few days trying to talk her down via text across the country while I was losing my shit. Eventually, I had to call the cops for a welfare check and all that. We didn't talk again for a few months, but then summer came and she was sending me photos of her doing really well and enjoying life. I went east in early autumn and we planned to hang for an afternoon but a lot of trauma related stuff came up for me and I cancelled our plans. Part of me really wanted to get together because we had been pretty intimate in a non-sexual way- like we connected on a soul level- but I didn't want to open the door and end up getting overwhelmed trying to help an old friend who was at their wits end. I'm an emotional guy and I'm a giver/helper who has always put others needs before mine, and in this case, I had decided to look out for myself. She seemed well and in recovery, you know? well, early January, I got a text from her saying "sending love. hope you are well." Again, I wasn't willing/able to open the door and couldn't reply. I've thought about it pretty regularly, how crappy it was that I hadn't replied. So today, I decided to shoot her a line, explaining why I hadn't responded and that if she'd like to connect, I'm able and willing. I started getting these messages "you are blocked from sending originating messages to this number," which I found weird because you're generally not told when you're blocked. so, since SLAP is the only social media I use, I searched her name on duckduckgo to see if I could glimpse her FB, and her obituary came up. She "died unexpectedly" on Jan 20, 2021. goddamnit.

Tiff, you are a beautiful soul. I used to go to the burrito shop on Fridays only because I wanted to talk with you. I'll never forget the time we went to Providence in your shitty little gold car and you pointed at the Sierra Club sticker on the back window and said "I'm a philanthropist." that time, right after you broke up with that kid Mike who, for 2 years I had hoped you would dump and go out with me, when we went camping and had that weird, awkward make out, is totally the most awkward experience I had with a woman in my adult life and it's great. I hope the teachings, the lotus seed mala, the metta mantra helped you find some ease, no matter how temporary. May you rest happy and peacefully. May you have found ease. Maybe wherever you're at, you've got vegan food and kittens. All my love, sister. All my love.
Really sorry for your loss and all the complex emotions you’re feeling. Make sure you take the time to properly grieve. Hope you get some better news soon pal.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #23084 on: March 15, 2021, 11:51:44 PM »
I was looking around for shoes on the largest website for skate shit in Sweden only to realise that all my favorite brands are either dead or on life support.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #23085 on: March 16, 2021, 01:38:56 PM »
Trying to figure out college shit in the age of Covid. Only need a couple credits to finish my associates and moved before I finished. Trying to get everything sorted with a new school through phone/email/zoom has been a nightmare.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23086 on: March 18, 2021, 06:28:04 AM »
I need shalomies to send positive vibes my way.

My nieces future hangs in the balance.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #23087 on: March 18, 2021, 07:18:51 AM »
Work fucking sucks.

My boss has delusions of grandeur and is constantly complaining about every single one of our competitors ripping him off... meanwhile, my current project is to rip-off a small start-up brand's ideas because he thinks he can do their idea better.

What a joke.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23088 on: March 18, 2021, 08:26:45 AM »
The shootings in Atlanta. And the unrelenting feeling that people will go back to not giving a shit about Asian people once the outrage dies down.

My mom passed last year and I find solace that she doesn't have to see or worry about me living in this fucked up country right now.

I think as an Asian american, traditionally you are expected to let insults and aggressions roll off your back and to work hard. I think decades of that has made us look submissive and weak. I hope our communities can learn from the fight of black people and other minorities in america to form a stronger bond and stand up for injustice. Trying to remain hopeful.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23089 on: March 18, 2021, 01:20:19 PM »

(((PMA)))
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #23090 on: March 18, 2021, 01:22:49 PM »

Sending good vibes to you and your niece <<<<<<<+++++>>>>>>>

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23091 on: March 18, 2021, 07:32:10 PM »

sending it as if i was nigel

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #23092 on: March 19, 2021, 03:22:39 PM »
manager at work trying to stiff me on a payrise cause i have a work car and work phone....that are used primarily for work....a work car is more a burden than a perk to me

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #23093 on: March 19, 2021, 03:24:39 PM »
My girlfriend and I of almost 4 years now are breaking up and she's moving out. Work is really stressful for me and she's been unemployed because of covid and I know between that is a big reason our relationship has fallen apart. I'm really bummed out and while we are civil and I still very much care about her it's the right thing to do to move on. I'm just really not taking it well. Not even sure why I'm sharing this here just kind of needed to write it down and this felt like the right place to do it.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23094 on: March 19, 2021, 06:48:39 PM »
I just skated like 3 miles from the hospital to my house mostly up hill on V2s crying my eyes out. I had a ptsd trip.

My heart is so smashed it feels like glass underneath my ribcage. I can't even write why I cry so hard.

Once this is settled I'm getting into the tattoo chair asap. I need to feel a needle under my skin.

I should get justice lifting her blindfold making a disgusted face at me and my lived ones burning upon the scales she is tipping with her finger tip.

a bald fucking eagle in a judges wig holding handcuffs a gavel and noose attached to and ripping my rotten heart out from my chest

Fuck the system is rigged to the wealthy. There's no justice.

I have no idea why this is happening.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #23095 on: March 20, 2021, 02:47:58 AM »
Earlier this week there were riots for two days in a certain part of my city after the police straight up killed a sixteen-year-old (and injured an eighteen-year-old) by shooting out the tires during the basic car chase, causing the car to flip over. Then things escalated to the point of stolen trucks (unsuccessfully) trying to ram into three hundred cops gradually deployed from all over the region. People have been going crazy in the comments on the local paper's web pages due to the official version completely leaving the original gunshots out of the story (it literally says 'the police was just about to abandon the chase when the car they were after suddenly hit something and flipped over'), and yesterday's edition went as far as declaring the death of the kid 'in an road accident' with tons of fucked up comments from people actually rejoicing like he was a bad apple. So many that I feel like every other person I see on the street now is on that level of reasoning, able to chant around the passing of a child and I even had to hang up on my own mother because when I brought it up she started giving me racist shit (generally she's a toxic person) like she forgot who she was talking to for a second. That's also right after filming the police became illegal (and the demonstrations against that mostly repressed and silenced) and generally under a rain of new restrictive laws that's really making it so obvious democracy in my country is dead as shit, while everyone is being distracted by non stop media flashes around coronavirus. 6pm curfew we've had for months now is also starting to feel mad oppressive with the days getting longer again. Fucked up times.

Also economy in my field has been insanely dire to the point where I'm basically finding myself working non stop not even certain whether or not I'll be getting paid, and these days I'm getting not just clients but even co-workers ghosting, which has never happened before the crisis. As though the mere idea of long term projects and relationships is becoming more of an abstraction in people's minds. Myself I'm strong but I'm also seeing this shit really start affecting people's mental health around me, so everyone make sure to watch out not to be slipping.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 02:57:55 AM by silhouette »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23096 on: March 20, 2021, 03:43:44 AM »
^

damn. the whole scenario sounds fucked up. whenever cops over here fuck up and kill someone by accident they always lie as well.

i noticed the ghosting thing around me. i definetly did that as well out of sheer tiredness of the situation. it also seems like all phone calls go on forever nowadays but are more rare than ever. people just seem mad tired of it all. all this shit has made me feel weird whenever i get to have a hug every few weeks. just being close to even friends in person seems weird.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #23097 on: March 20, 2021, 04:22:54 AM »
^

damn. the whole scenario sounds fucked up. whenever cops over here fuck up and kill someone by accident they always lie as well.

i noticed the ghosting thing around me. i definetly did that as well out of sheer tiredness of the situation. it also seems like all phone calls go on forever nowadays but are more rare than ever. people just seem mad tired of it all. all this shit has made me feel weird whenever i get to have a hug every few weeks. just being close to even friends in person seems weird.

This really resonates with how I perceive things as well. If anything I feel like it's more important than ever to be there for people right now, even if not in terms of quantity then at least in quality, every other person I'm crossing paths with right now I suspect to possibly be low-key in this kind of distress. Which also makes me feel guilty of hanging up on my mother but really her words were a no go, I'm just in this weird situation where I'm the kid who's going to have to sit her down for a talk.

I think it's interesting how now that the traditional system in place apparently can't be trusted any more (or as much) with the economy having become completely uncertain in most fields (except a few niche ones that are supposedly killing it), it's as though some weird form of survival instinct kicked in with people giving up on expecting any safety from society, and sheltering themselves in and from their direct community. What's a bit scary is I know of a few who I know are going through tough times mentally right now, and will also ghost everyone like they won't accept people reaching out. Then you run into them in person by chance and they pretend nothing weird is happening. Now the main reason why people even go out is to shop (if they don't do it from home out of boredom) which I'm sure is a godsend to some particular markets.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:19:56 AM by silhouette »

sweet son of a bitch

• Rep: 62
« Reply #23098 on: March 20, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
My girlfriend and I of almost 4 years now are breaking up and she's moving out. Work is really stressful for me and she's been unemployed because of covid and I know between that is a big reason our relationship has fallen apart. I'm really bummed out and while we are civil and I still very much care about her it's the right thing to do to move on. I'm just really not taking it well. Not even sure why I'm sharing this here just kind of needed to write it down and this felt like the right place to do it.
I would say it’s better to let it out then fester inside . I’ve finally found a therapist & I’ve got decades of stuffed emotions. I’m sure there someone you can relate more then me . My girlfriend broke up with me only after a year because of covid .

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #23099 on: March 20, 2021, 09:41:58 AM »
After waiting for 8 months I'm finally getting ankle surgery to reattach my ligaments and tendon. It took so much effort and fighting with my doctors and insurance providers and I'm just exhausted from it. Now that I'm finally scheduled for surgery this Thursday I can really unpack my anxieties about being immobile for 2-3 weeks and not really being able to work on my feet until June and unemployment is running out.