Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880700 times)

Fhk

Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23100 on: March 20, 2021, 09:58:17 AM »
Fuck this thread breaks my heart. Sent some DM's I hope to hear back from you fellas that are wading in the shit right now..keep your fucking head held high homies.

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #23101 on: March 20, 2021, 08:28:15 PM »
Finding out people are shittalking and still holding a grudge years later.....shits sad... some people just dont and wont ever change....trying to stay positive and move forward

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23102 on: March 21, 2021, 04:10:49 AM »
wow. I'm pretty bummed out and got nowhere else to talk about this but I just found out an old friend who I once loved very much killed herself just under 2 months ago. We hadn't talked in a few years but around late April '20 she started texting me some intense shit about planning to commit suicide. I was in the midst of a very, very dark mental health crisis myself and ended up spending a few days trying to talk her down via text across the country while I was losing my shit. Eventually, I had to call the cops for a welfare check and all that. We didn't talk again for a few months, but then summer came and she was sending me photos of her doing really well and enjoying life. I went east in early autumn and we planned to hang for an afternoon but a lot of trauma related stuff came up for me and I cancelled our plans. Part of me really wanted to get together because we had been pretty intimate in a non-sexual way- like we connected on a soul level- but I didn't want to open the door and end up getting overwhelmed trying to help an old friend who was at their wits end. I'm an emotional guy and I'm a giver/helper who has always put others needs before mine, and in this case, I had decided to look out for myself. She seemed well and in recovery, you know? well, early January, I got a text from her saying "sending love. hope you are well." Again, I wasn't willing/able to open the door and couldn't reply. I've thought about it pretty regularly, how crappy it was that I hadn't replied. So today, I decided to shoot her a line, explaining why I hadn't responded and that if she'd like to connect, I'm able and willing. I started getting these messages "you are blocked from sending originating messages to this number," which I found weird because you're generally not told when you're blocked. so, since SLAP is the only social media I use, I searched her name on duckduckgo to see if I could glimpse her FB, and her obituary came up. She "died unexpectedly" on Jan 20, 2021. goddamnit.

Tiff, you are a beautiful soul. I used to go to the burrito shop on Fridays only because I wanted to talk with you. I'll never forget the time we went to Providence in your shitty little gold car and you pointed at the Sierra Club sticker on the back window and said "I'm a philanthropist." that time, right after you broke up with that kid Mike who, for 2 years I had hoped you would dump and go out with me, when we went camping and had that weird, awkward make out, is totally the most awkward experience I had with a woman in my adult life and it's great. I hope the teachings, the lotus seed mala, the metta mantra helped you find some ease, no matter how temporary. May you rest happy and peacefully. May you have found ease. Maybe wherever you're at, you've got vegan food and kittens. All my love, sister. All my love.

Sometimes life is profoundly sad, mate
listen to cosmic psychos

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #23103 on: March 21, 2021, 10:02:38 AM »
Expand Quote
wow. I'm pretty bummed out and got nowhere else to talk about this but I just found out an old friend who I once loved very much killed herself just under 2 months ago. We hadn't talked in a few years but around late April '20 she started texting me some intense shit about planning to commit suicide. I was in the midst of a very, very dark mental health crisis myself and ended up spending a few days trying to talk her down via text across the country while I was losing my shit. Eventually, I had to call the cops for a welfare check and all that. We didn't talk again for a few months, but then summer came and she was sending me photos of her doing really well and enjoying life. I went east in early autumn and we planned to hang for an afternoon but a lot of trauma related stuff came up for me and I cancelled our plans. Part of me really wanted to get together because we had been pretty intimate in a non-sexual way- like we connected on a soul level- but I didn't want to open the door and end up getting overwhelmed trying to help an old friend who was at their wits end. I'm an emotional guy and I'm a giver/helper who has always put others needs before mine, and in this case, I had decided to look out for myself. She seemed well and in recovery, you know? well, early January, I got a text from her saying "sending love. hope you are well." Again, I wasn't willing/able to open the door and couldn't reply. I've thought about it pretty regularly, how crappy it was that I hadn't replied. So today, I decided to shoot her a line, explaining why I hadn't responded and that if she'd like to connect, I'm able and willing. I started getting these messages "you are blocked from sending originating messages to this number," which I found weird because you're generally not told when you're blocked. so, since SLAP is the only social media I use, I searched her name on duckduckgo to see if I could glimpse her FB, and her obituary came up. She "died unexpectedly" on Jan 20, 2021. goddamnit.

Tiff, you are a beautiful soul. I used to go to the burrito shop on Fridays only because I wanted to talk with you. I'll never forget the time we went to Providence in your shitty little gold car and you pointed at the Sierra Club sticker on the back window and said "I'm a philanthropist." that time, right after you broke up with that kid Mike who, for 2 years I had hoped you would dump and go out with me, when we went camping and had that weird, awkward make out, is totally the most awkward experience I had with a woman in my adult life and it's great. I hope the teachings, the lotus seed mala, the metta mantra helped you find some ease, no matter how temporary. May you rest happy and peacefully. May you have found ease. Maybe wherever you're at, you've got vegan food and kittens. All my love, sister. All my love.
[close]

@IusedToSkateMore I'm so sorry <3

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23104 on: March 21, 2021, 11:00:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

@IusedToSkateMore I'm so sorry <3
@matty_c @funeral_tuxedo

thanks for the love, friends. have a good one for y'all selves
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #23105 on: March 21, 2021, 11:07:47 AM »
I focused my deck for the first time in 20 years this morning. Where I live you can't skate outside for 4-5 months, and the weather has just became nice enough to skate. Every time I start it seems it is one interruption after another..it's maddening.
Idc about the deck, it's the fact that I couldn't control my anger/frustration. I thought I grew out of that nonsense.

sketchyrider

« Reply #23106 on: March 22, 2021, 11:41:43 AM »
had a little anxiety flare up yesterday that messed up what should have been a perfect surf session. not the end of the world and i can work on it, just sucks to miss out on something fun over basically nothing.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23107 on: March 22, 2021, 04:10:27 PM »
My back gave out again, second time in 8 days. This time I was just picking up an empty laundry basket.

I’m tired of this shit.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23108 on: March 23, 2021, 04:06:47 PM »
The shootings in Atlanta. And the unrelenting feeling that people will go back to not giving a shit about Asian people once the outrage dies down.

My mom passed last year and I find solace that she doesn't have to see or worry about me living in this fucked up country right now.

I think as an Asian american, traditionally you are expected to let insults and aggressions roll off your back and to work hard. I think decades of that has made us look submissive and weak. I hope our communities can learn from the fight of black people and other minorities in america to form a stronger bond and stand up for injustice. Trying to remain hopeful.

Thanks for posting this. Condolences on your mom's passing. Keep fighting the good fight. I'm sorry a large portion of our country is so hateful towards anyone non-white.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
listen to cosmic psychos

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23110 on: March 30, 2021, 09:03:20 AM »
Expand Quote
The shootings in Atlanta. And the unrelenting feeling that people will go back to not giving a shit about Asian people once the outrage dies down.

My mom passed last year and I find solace that she doesn't have to see or worry about me living in this fucked up country right now.

I think as an Asian american, traditionally you are expected to let insults and aggressions roll off your back and to work hard. I think decades of that has made us look submissive and weak. I hope our communities can learn from the fight of black people and other minorities in america to form a stronger bond and stand up for injustice. Trying to remain hopeful.
[close]

Thanks for posting this. Condolences on your mom's passing. Keep fighting the good fight. I'm sorry a large portion of our country is so hateful towards anyone non-white.
Thank you for the condolences. The way I think of it, you can't change the fact that people will have prejudice but you can work towards solidarity with those who are suffering.

coneklr

« Reply #23111 on: March 30, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »
Another round of layoffs coming at work

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #23112 on: March 31, 2021, 03:52:24 PM »
My girlfriend and I of almost 4 years now are breaking up and she's moving out. Work is really stressful for me and she's been unemployed because of covid and I know between that is a big reason our relationship has fallen apart. I'm really bummed out and while we are civil and I still very much care about her it's the right thing to do to move on. I'm just really not taking it well. Not even sure why I'm sharing this here just kind of needed to write it down and this felt like the right place to do it.

went through one of these about 4 years ago. a blow to my whole life that i couldnt explain. lean on your friends and family and it will help a ton. if you find yourself with piles of cocaine or weeks sitting alone drinking, maybe even consider a therapist. but for me, after 4 years, ive come to peace with it and finally back to normal life. rooting for you man. send a DM if you ever want to chat. i feel your pain.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #23113 on: April 01, 2021, 10:55:45 AM »
@coldbrew I just saw your post. Sounds like you've been so invested in your relationship you need some time to register and accept the fact that your life is changing, but just from how you're admitting that the break up is the right move to make already, I feel like you won't struggle for too long. I want to make a silly parallel with skate video editing - you may want to think of right now as placing a marker on your life's timeline as an indicator on the right frame in between two parts. Embrace the positives of single life again for as long as you please, fully focus on yourself now that you can and then, only when you'll have enough clips you can set the next marker. This kind of break-up is brutal and so being disoriented for a while is normal but the sooner you move on from that past life and start anew mentally, the quicker you'll feel comfortable in your shoes again.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #23114 on: April 01, 2021, 11:04:24 AM »
Not stoked on that new thrasher vid with Keith and gonz or that boneless video.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:56:34 PM by Youoverthere »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23115 on: April 03, 2021, 12:25:44 AM »
I haven't received my 2nd and 3rd stimulus payments. According to the IRS Get My Payment tool, my money went to some bank account that I don't possess and I never had. It makes no sense because my first payment was direct deposited into my actual checking account. Why would things have changed since then? Upon further research apparently this is a common problem. Still, the IRS doesn't have any way to contact it regarding the issue that I know of and so there's just bunch of angry broke assholes like me complaining about it online.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #23116 on: April 03, 2021, 01:59:10 PM »
DMX was big for me when this came out.
https://youtu.be/UHRs2VkBbf4

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #23117 on: April 03, 2021, 02:00:58 PM »
Sometimes the wall fights back...

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23118 on: April 03, 2021, 03:55:00 PM »
Tried to bring the kids to the newish local.

I had to lay down the law a few times because someone else's kids is not being watched. I got my eyes open. My kids aren't going to use the bowl as a slide. They know not to do that but they will follow other kids into the bowl apparently. Now that's taken care of.

Some old kook yelled for another old kook to Hang on to my kid. She DEFINITELY does NOT want a late 20s early 30s skater to "HANG ON TO HER MAN" because HE can't finish a nose manny.

Shit happens. You do don't intentionally hold on to my kid. So lucky that not so Teen-wolf was not listening to stupid trucker hat man.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23119 on: April 03, 2021, 11:47:56 PM »
I have to relearn kickflips on my new setup that I have been running for two weeks now. It‘s 1/8“ narrower and a bit more tapered and that seems to suffice to make them harder. I can do them but they are less consistent and often sketchy, rockety, mobbed atrocities I am not proud of. I hope thats temporary and I‘ll soon get them back nicer.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #23120 on: April 04, 2021, 12:02:04 AM »
Having a bird shit on my head in the midst of a session.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #23121 on: April 04, 2021, 08:33:37 AM »
Joe Hammeke had a heart attack.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23122 on: April 06, 2021, 08:45:26 AM »
I need a street skating partner. I'm so sick of doing this alone all the time. I'm very sick of the park
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23123 on: April 06, 2021, 02:39:24 PM »
Fucking property managers are scum.

Why in the fuck do they bother lying about the sound proofing in a building? Do they like listening to complaints? I asked these motherfuckers 50 times, "Will I hear TVs or conversation through the walls?" "Oh, no. This is a concrete building. You won't hear anything."

But, as soon as I get my shit into the apartment, "Oh, yea, sound carries through the pipes." "If you get more furniture that'll deaden the sound." "You're neighbors aren't making noise." (I like the last one the best like some jedi mind trick where I'm going to believe my annoying neighbor isn't making noise every morning at 6:00AM.

I know a few PALS are from Vancouver... does anyone know what consequences I will face if just bail on my (month to month) lease and/or leave but don't inform the property managers that I'm leaving? I'm a PR up here and I'm pretty close to getting my passport, so I can't fuck around too much, but fuck these people. (I don't need them as a reference, I just want to keep my credit report clean and avoid getting noticed by the Canadian police for any reason.)

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #23124 on: April 06, 2021, 09:22:41 PM »
I need a street skating partner. I'm so sick of doing this alone all the time. I'm very sick of the park

I'll holler at you when I get to MA in June if you wanna go push around Boston. I've been dreaming about skating around town again. Nightime June/July Boston sessions are some of my favorite things ever
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #23125 on: April 06, 2021, 09:34:08 PM »
i got a new deck i posted in the setup thread.. the trucks were PERFECT, wheels were 3-4 months old...

and my fucking dumb ass left it at a convenience store, outside a busy ass train startion (living in a big city in China) realized it the next afternoon before a session.. ran back to the store and the lady working told me she didn't see it..

long story short left a good setup out in public, forgot to take it and someone came up on it..

i did have a new pair of trucks, wheels and some bearing i threw on my old board - so im at least grateful this happened to my now versus times where loosing up a board was a major financial setback
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #23126 on: April 07, 2021, 05:06:19 AM »
My wife got me a Dane1 for our anniversary but I also got two new Reuter egg shapes and I like the egg shapes way more and skate substantially better on the longer wheelbase.

She’s bummed because she doesn’t think I like my anniversary gift, which sucks because I love the Dane1, but having a set up just click for me is really rare.

So whenever I skate with my wife, I have to skate and get used to the short wheelbase on the Dane1, and skate poorly comparatively speaking.

Then when I’m with my homies, I skate the Reuter, get used to the wheelbase and skate better than I ever have.

I know it’s a really privileged problem to complain about and I’m sorry, I just needed to say it. 
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23127 on: April 07, 2021, 09:20:34 AM »
They shut everything down again in Quebec City where I live, and brought back the 8pm curfew after a small spike. They said it’d be for 10 days, I expect no less than 3 months.

My BJJ gym was opened a total of 6 days before having to close again, all my friends in the restaurant business were out of work after 6 days and everyone’s morale is very low. Nobody trusts our premier anymore. Vaccinations are going super slowly and aren’t opened to everyone yet.

I live alone and haven’t seen any of my friends since at least September... I’m so over this shit.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #23128 on: April 07, 2021, 11:06:26 AM »
They shut everything down again in Quebec City where I live, and brought back the 8pm curfew after a small spike. They said it’d be for 10 days, I expect no less than 3 months.

My BJJ gym was opened a total of 6 days before having to close again, all my friends in the restaurant business were out of work after 6 days and everyone’s morale is very low. Nobody trusts our premier anymore. Vaccinations are going super slowly and aren’t opened to everyone yet.

I live alone and haven’t seen any of my friends since at least September... I’m so over this shit.

That sucks. Quebec seems to really be struggling with the pandemic.

Hopefully, the vaccines come out quickly... can you still roll around the Quebec City park? That park is super fun (better than any MTL park).

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23129 on: April 07, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That sucks. Quebec seems to really be struggling with the pandemic.

Hopefully, the vaccines come out quickly... can you still roll around the Quebec City park? That park is super fun (better than any MTL park).

Numbers-wise it really isn’t as bad as it was, during most of the pandemic the problem was MTL, however we just had a spike here in QC because one jerkoff conspiracy-theorist anti-mask gym owner decided not to follow the rules. Now due to his idiocy, everyone’s paying because of him. The new spike is directly linked to him and his gym. Restaurants and other gyms weren’t the problem.

Vaccines are going to take forever, everything takes forever here, it feels like Soviet Russia sometimes. They’re going by age group, I’m 32, and if it goes the way it’s been going, I’m going to have my first dose late May most likely.

I haven’t been to the skate plaza yet, but I’ve heard from friends that some people have been kicked out  by cops because the law right now is 8 people max for outdoor activities which is just ridiculous for such a big park. Don’t know about fines though.

What pisses me off is that our Premier is no longer listening to his health experts, they say and recommend something, fully acknowleding thst peoples’ mental health is going down the tubes, he does something much stricter, just because. People are going nuts here. Who would have thought a failed businesman would make for a shitty leader ?