Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880818 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23130 on: April 07, 2021, 12:17:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They shut everything down again in Quebec City where I live, and brought back the 8pm curfew after a small spike. They said it’d be for 10 days, I expect no less than 3 months.

My BJJ gym was opened a total of 6 days before having to close again, all my friends in the restaurant business were out of work after 6 days and everyone’s morale is very low. Nobody trusts our premier anymore. Vaccinations are going super slowly and aren’t opened to everyone yet.

I live alone and haven’t seen any of my friends since at least September... I’m so over this shit.
[close]

That sucks. Quebec seems to really be struggling with the pandemic.

Hopefully, the vaccines come out quickly... can you still roll around the Quebec City park? That park is super fun (better than any MTL park).
[close]

Numbers-wise it really isn’t as bad as it was, during most of the pandemic the problem was MTL, however we just had a spike here in QC because one jerkoff conspiracy-theorist anti-mask gym owner decided not to follow the rules. Now due to his idiocy, everyone’s paying because of him. The new spike is directly linked to him and his gym. Restaurants and other gyms weren’t the problem.

Vaccines are going to take forever, everything takes forever here, it feels like Soviet Russia sometimes. They’re going by age group, I’m 32, and if it goes the way it’s been going, I’m going to have my first dose late May most likely.

I haven’t been to the skate plaza yet, but I’ve heard from friends that some people have been kicked out  by cops because the law right now is 8 people max for outdoor activities which is just ridiculous for such a big park. Don’t know about fines though.

What pisses me off is that our Premier is no longer listening to his health experts, they say and recommend something, fully acknowleding thst peoples’ mental health is going down the tubes, he does something much stricter, just because. People are going nuts here. Who would have thought a failed businesman would make for a shitty leader ?

Yea, not being able to skate the park is insane. I mean as long as everyone isn't right on top of each other before they start their run, who cares?

Well, at least he and his government found the problem of less people speaking French inside their homes (even though the number of people outside their homes speaking French hasn't changed). I'm not sure I'm coming back to QC, but the outrage over what I speak inside my house is a good push out of the province.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23131 on: April 07, 2021, 05:20:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I need a street skating partner. I'm so sick of doing this alone all the time. I'm very sick of the park
[close]

I'll holler at you when I get to MA in June if you wanna go push around Boston. I've been dreaming about skating around town again. Nightime June/July Boston sessions are some of my favorite things ever

Hell yeah let's go
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #23132 on: April 09, 2021, 07:10:25 AM »
@silhouette @skate_bored I've somewhat avoided this thread for my own mental health reasons so I'm a bit late to respond but I really really appreciate the kind words. I start to feel like I'm getting myself together and I'm doing what I should be doing, eating healthy, skating, staying sober, etc... then one day I fuck up again because I get bummed out and that turns into days on days of being in a slump. I'm trying but the shit fucking sucks and it's hard to not fall into those days and weeks of just being a fucking pile over this shit. Thank you though, I'll keep trying.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #23133 on: April 09, 2021, 08:22:39 AM »
I've been unemployed since November but I don't qualify for stimulus since I made a bunch of money last year.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #23134 on: April 09, 2021, 09:53:15 AM »
@coldbrew I feel what you're going through be it with avoiding the thread or the inconsistent lifestyle. Like I was saying, already being this self-critical of your situation and of what's good and bad for you, you can only keep going further up the right path, when the worst reaction you really should avoid would be obsessing over your demons and spiraling down. Come to think of it, that's just a waste of your time that could be spent doing positive things and a matter of moving on emotionally, there's no point in remaining fixated over a person that might have existed in the past but no longer really does but in your imagination, which is easier to realize when you stop to look purely at facts. At least in my situation it was easy to take that purgatorial step given how my break-up happened in extreme circumstances, but still after years of enduring abuse I used to completely dismiss as abuse until I looked back on them. Like, it takes a few steps back from the bullshit to realize the extent of it and then you just know you don't want to go back. And then just the idea of reflecting over that relationship again starts fading.

I know that shit can get to your head, I also used to go through brighter and darker phases for a while after that break-up where I'd either live a healthy lifestyle and skate my ass off or sit at home, overthink shit and pile out to an extent, but being aware of what was either positive or detrimental to me never allowed me to slip too hard so I always insisted on embracing the positives of single life instead, focusing on just myself for the first time in too long and it really did me good. It actually took a while for me to finally get over that ex in particular despite this mindset because she would try and keep things ambiguous for some time (getting in the way of my thought process) until I had to tell her to really just drop it. But as human beings, we're also wired to always imagine and ponder an infinity of 'what if's'. What if it were my communication that wasn't good enough, what if that would have happened instead of this, etc., etc. but that's really just time spent in dreamland, which can be for as long as you like as long as 1/ you stay firmly rooted in reality and 2/ you can enjoy the unnecessary self-torture. Your mature approach to your situation is impressive, just look at it as you finally being in full control of yourself again, fuck mental projections, do what you like and skate your ass off. You'll naturally meet cooler people later and so the sooner you'll move onto that later the better.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:01:19 AM by silhouette »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #23135 on: April 09, 2021, 11:11:09 AM »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #23136 on: April 13, 2021, 07:02:49 AM »
arclight cinema being closed down :/

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23137 on: April 13, 2021, 12:45:42 PM »
So I'm a librarian and I found out a school in my district is closing down. Since that librarian has seniority over me there is a chance I will be out of a job and she takes my position.

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #23138 on: April 14, 2021, 08:14:18 AM »
some asshole rummager through my car last night - found stickers half way up the street. Salavaged those...lol

Didnt steal anything - nothing really to steal. But sucks anyhow

Thats what you get when you forget to lock your car doors!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #23139 on: April 14, 2021, 08:19:43 AM »
How is it I’m getting less sleep on my four day weekend than I do on nights where I actually have work?? I’m on the last day of my four day weekend and out of all the days I’ve only gotten decent sleep on one of the days. Every other day I’ve only gotten like three or four hours of sleep.

Brguy

« Reply #23140 on: April 14, 2021, 11:10:16 AM »
Having to take a shit while halfway through a meal, that bums me out.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23141 on: April 14, 2021, 05:24:46 PM »
So I'm a librarian and I found out a school in my district is closing down. Since that librarian has seniority over me there is a chance I will be out of a job and she takes my position.

Sorry to hear that is a possibility. Things could work out still though. Keep your head up.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23142 on: April 17, 2021, 07:21:28 AM »
I went back to that flatbar spot and despite 100 attempts could not manage to slide and pop out. Plus my kickflips still suck on the "new" set-up.  >:(
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #23143 on: April 17, 2021, 08:49:38 AM »
I seem to be having recurring staph infections. I’ve barely left the house, my hygiene practices are extremely consistent, I’m not an IV drug user, I have no immune complications, no diabetes, I don’t fucking get it. I guess I may be a carrier now, but I had surgery a few years back and I wasn’t back then.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23144 on: April 17, 2021, 10:11:34 AM »
I went back to that flatbar spot and despite 100 attempts could not manage to slide and pop out. Plus my kickflips still suck on the "new" set-up.  >:(

OK it gets worse: I could not let it sit and returned to the spot this evening. I managed to roll away from three sketchy board slides but kept on trying to get a clean one. Then this dude with a beer can walks up and asks if he can try. Dude with jeans, sneakers, regular bloke but nothing hinted at skating. He tried once and almost fell, told me he was a bit drunk. Then we kept going one try each, and after three or four tries the dude starts hauling ass and slides the hole flatbar, comes off super clean. Then he did that again.

Tl;dr: This dude was quite drunk, but skated way better than me.  :'(
why come?

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #23145 on: April 17, 2021, 10:23:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

OK it gets worse: I could not let it sit and returned to the spot this evening. I managed to roll away from three sketchy board slides but kept on trying to get a clean one. Then this dude with a beer can walks up and asks if he can try. Dude with jeans, sneakers, regular bloke but nothing hinted at skating. He tried once and almost fell, told me he was a bit drunk. Then we kept going one try each, and after three or four tries the dude starts hauling ass and slides the hole flatbar, comes off super clean. Then he did that again.

Lol i would be kinda stoked if a random drunk dude started skating with me and he ripped

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23146 on: April 17, 2021, 10:31:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Lol i would be kinda stoked if a random drunk dude started skating with me and he ripped

Yeah that's the cool part about it. The dude was super stoked and cheered me on. But it was kinda embarassing too because he shouted really loud and everybody turned around obviously. No way I could concentrate and land the trick in that circumstances lol. It was fun tho for sure.

Edit, after a half hour he said he had to go and left, just to enter the house right next to the spot and opened the top floor window and continued cheering me on hella loud  ;D
why come?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23147 on: April 17, 2021, 12:26:18 PM »
my homie broke his wrist today trying a wallie bs 50 that i feel like i made him try past the point and now i feel a bit guilty. i was filming and he was so close, but already exhausted, i was going "come on, a few more, you got this" he already did the trick but as always it wouldn't happen on film.

EDIT: poor dude needs to get surgery on monday, pulverized parts of his wrist. on the plus side, he told me he learned to roll spliffs one handed last night.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 03:56:54 AM by Frank »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23148 on: April 18, 2021, 03:38:01 PM »
Watch this local dude kick out kids and an old grandma from the park yesterday. Shit was a huge bummer.

He yelled at some little kids who was just pushing around on their skateboards and scooters (the kids left immediately after this); he yelled at some lady who was actually picking up a piece of trash in the park; he yelled at some grandma and her grand-daughter who just wanted to push around a couple times on her scooter. None of the kids/old people were causing significant problems and the park could have been shared with them.

The park was relatively empty and it was pretty mellow. It was a huge bummer. I felt like I should have spoken up, but standing up to a hyper-active local and his friends isn't a fun way to start a session.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23149 on: April 18, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »
I fucking hate thieves, ask me for something in your most charming way possible.  I'll even let you feign interest iy hobby, but don't ask me for something like give me that etc....... Fuck outta here get a job you goober.
Dueces Bitch's

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #23150 on: April 20, 2021, 02:14:12 PM »
I got an awesome job offer.  Filled out all the paper work, had a start date set, had to take a drug screen.  I tested positive for a prescrption drug I rarely take and no longer have the script or bottle for.  I called every pharmacy and hospital I've been to in the past few years.  No one has it in my records.  Might be no dice on the job.  The worst thing is I have worked around the Fed gov't most of my career and this is the first time I've ever had to take a drug screen.   

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23151 on: April 21, 2021, 12:12:13 AM »
I seem to be having recurring staph infections. I’ve barely left the house, my hygiene practices are extremely consistent, I’m not an IV drug user, I have no immune complications, no diabetes, I don’t fucking get it. I guess I may be a carrier now, but I had surgery a few years back and I wasn’t back then.

Man do you skate this one park or spot all the time
No bullshit myself and maybe six other people all got staph from slamming at paddo back in the day

Edit

I was just thinking about this so what happened was I got on the trips when I was a bairn and I was climbing back into my apartment and I thought the window was open but it wasn’t and the glass got my arm real good and I wigged out and let go and fell but cause I was mad relaxed I was all good walked it off but I had this mad wound and I fell on it a week later right by the ledge and it got all dirty and they almost cut it off in the end I had to stay there for a while my shit was all swollen

No cap I don’t remember the climb but I absolutely still remember the glass breaking, splintering into my forearm and me saying fuck like it was another person and I just remember falling backwards looking up and my good hand clawing at air
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:19:12 AM by matty_c »
listen to cosmic psychos

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23152 on: April 21, 2021, 06:43:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No bullshit myself and maybe six other people all got staph from slamming at paddo back in the day

Edit

I was just thinking about this so what happened was I got on the trips when I was a bairn and I was climbing back into my apartment and I thought the window was open but it wasn’t and the glass got my arm real good and I wigged out and let go and fell but cause I was mad relaxed I was all good walked it off but I had this mad wound and I fell on it a week later right by the ledge and it got all dirty and they almost cut it off in the end I had to stay there for a while my shit was all swollen

No cap I don’t remember the climb but I absolutely still remember the glass breaking, splintering into my forearm and me saying fuck like it was another person and I just remember falling backwards looking up and my good hand clawing at air

That’s fucking wild! I suppose it could be from skating the park, although I’m usually only there alone and early in the morning. I’ve also been taking it reaaaally easy because hospitals here are fucked right now, so I’m not even really taking slams. I dunno. My girlfriend said it was probably because I was cut up and sweaty all the time, but I’ve spent most of my life cut up and sweaty and I‘ve been fine until now. I’m just going to finish the antibiotics, deep clean my place and hope for the best hahaha.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23153 on: April 21, 2021, 08:24:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Edit

Years ago I was living with a couple cute girls in a dorm room at UTC, they had left for a week but were like hey I know you don't got a place to go yto so stay here. I'm like aight fuck it I'll be here part of my weird safety routine I keep a window especially up high open sometimes or cracked open so if I lock myself out I can have back entrance. So as I stayed over at a homies house came back home I'm like shit...... banged on neighbors door for a bit like hey I locked myself out can I use your balcony?  Here I am hungover as shit mad headache and spidermaning it up the side of this fourth floor reached out and swung my legs and flopped inside it was rough. There was a time or two where I thought I was going to slip out and wilson myself and flip backwards.
Dueces Bitch's

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23154 on: April 21, 2021, 09:12:02 AM »
Our lockdown has been extended to at least May 7th.
8pm curfew, can’t see anyone etc...

Real fed up with this shit.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23155 on: April 21, 2021, 12:31:35 PM »
Our lockdown has been extended to at least May 7th.
8pm curfew, can’t see anyone etc...

Real fed up with this shit.

On a similar note, I took the bus to park yesterday... on every fucking bus there is at least one asshole who isn't wearing their fucking mask.

Tired of the people who don't take this shit seriously and don't have any consideration for my health.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23156 on: April 21, 2021, 07:34:59 PM »
Whatever.

So I hit up 4 famous youtube skate people via Instagram out of boredom.

I just said hello.

No response yet.

I need a car of my own to work on. Its all I think about for a person upgrade rn.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #23157 on: April 21, 2021, 07:36:05 PM »
I got an awesome job offer.  Filled out all the paper work, had a start date set, had to take a drug screen.  I tested positive for a prescrption drug I rarely take and no longer have the script or bottle for.  I called every pharmacy and hospital I've been to in the past few years.  No one has it in my records.  Might be no dice on the job.  The worst thing is I have worked around the Fed gov't most of my career and this is the first time I've ever had to take a drug screen.
What about the physician that actually wrote the Rx? They should have that in your medical file.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #23158 on: April 21, 2021, 08:20:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Edit

[close]

That’s fucking wild! I suppose it could be from skating the park, although I’m usually only there alone and early in the morning. I’ve also been taking it reaaaally easy because hospitals here are fucked right now, so I’m not even really taking slams. I dunno. My girlfriend said it was probably because I was cut up and sweaty all the time, but I’ve spent most of my life cut up and sweaty and I‘ve been fine until now. I’m just going to finish the antibiotics, deep clean my place and hope for the best hahaha.
I have one of these and I would hit the spot with a bleach solution to kill off the plague out of desperation if that's what it takes. Don't forget eye protection and don't wear anything you don't want bleached.

https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/bleach.html

Also, google map and see if there is anything gnarly nearby that could have a crazy runoff of bacterial water draining nearby your spot.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23159 on: April 22, 2021, 06:28:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Edit

[close]

[close]
I have one of these and I would hit the spot with a bleach solution to kill off the plague out of desperation if that's what it takes. Don't forget eye protection and don't wear anything you don't want bleached.

https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/bleach.html

Also, google map and see if there is anything gnarly nearby that could have a crazy runoff of bacterial water draining nearby your spot.

Damn dude, this is a really solid idea. Thank you.