Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880739 times)

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23160 on: April 27, 2021, 08:58:31 AM »
I went on a date with this gorgeous girl with an amazing personality and she had jokes.
Whole thing went great, like exceptionally great, then I fumbled and made this awkward joke that I regretted in the moment.
We set up a tentative second date this week then she cancelled because that joke apparently touched on some personal stuff (she didn't elaborate but wasn't being unreasonable about it either).
I fucked up so bad and I hate myself for it.
I haven't had this much self loathing in a long time. Pretty much since the last time I did this.
I've been off cigarettes for a long time now but I'm about to go buy a pack.

Just yelling into the void here.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

sketchyrider

« Reply #23161 on: April 27, 2021, 09:36:55 AM »
I went on a date with this gorgeous girl with an amazing personality and she had jokes.
Whole thing went great, like exceptionally great, then I fumbled and made this awkward joke that I regretted in the moment.
We set up a tentative second date this week then she cancelled because that joke apparently touched on some personal stuff (she didn't elaborate but wasn't being unreasonable about it either).
I fucked up so bad and I hate myself for it.
I haven't had this much self loathing in a long time. Pretty much since the last time I did this.
I've been off cigarettes for a long time now but I'm about to go buy a pack.

Just yelling into the void here.

if you're gonna make jokes, some aren't gonna land, and some will offend. you could avoid humor altogether or keep it to polite dad jokes, but that doesn't seem like a great way to live.

either this girl was gonna get upset at something later on, or you crossed the line without meaning to say something hurtful. neither sounds like something worth beating yourself up over. if you really think you said something wrong, make a note of it and move on. living in the past is the worst thing you can do.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23162 on: April 27, 2021, 10:01:53 AM »
if you're gonna make jokes, some aren't gonna land, and some will offend. you could avoid humor altogether or keep it to polite dad jokes, but that doesn't seem like a great way to live.

either this girl was gonna get upset at something later on, or you crossed the line without meaning to say something hurtful. neither sounds like something worth beating yourself up over. if you really think you said something wrong, make a note of it and move on. living in the past is the worst thing you can do.

I mean, you're right, I'm just really bad at moving on. Especially when it was my fault.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #23163 on: April 27, 2021, 10:13:21 AM »
Where to start?

-Depression
-My wife's grandmother (93) took a bad fall two days ago and couldnt get up for 24 hours until my wife showed up to do her usual of taking care of her and cleaning her place and stuff. She refuses to go into a home, but may have to now.
-My body image issues.
-Learning to skate mini ramp at my advanced age (44)
-Boredom with my job
ok thanks

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #23164 on: April 27, 2021, 10:19:19 AM »
Had a bad session, slammed my board on the ground and severely chipped my nose and tail. The deck was around a month in but still had some life and I should have controlled my temper; I'm a grown ass man dammit. Left the deck at the park for someone who could have gotten more life out of it had I not tossed my board.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #23165 on: April 27, 2021, 12:21:28 PM »
Our lockdown has been extended to at least May 7th.
8pm curfew, can’t see anyone etc...

Real fed up with this shit.

We got a pass - 930 pm as of Monday. What part of poutine land are you from @theboognish?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23166 on: April 27, 2021, 12:44:57 PM »
My sister-in-law is an anti-vaxxer, or at least her parents are and they have deeply influenced her. She and my brother have a baby that they aren't vaccinating. They've had almost divorce level arguments about it and it looks like she won. She is from Orange County so at least this kind of behavior is expected.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #23167 on: April 27, 2021, 06:51:55 PM »
Where to start?

-Depression
-My wife's grandmother (93) took a bad fall two days ago and couldnt get up for 24 hours until my wife showed up to do her usual of taking care of her and cleaning her place and stuff. She refuses to go into a home, but may have to now.
-My body image issues.
-Learning to skate mini ramp at my advanced age (44)
-Boredom with my job

Damn, that's gotta be a heart-breaking situation to find a parent in.

I just switched jobs and I'm still mostly bored out of my mind, if that helps with that one, hah.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #23168 on: April 28, 2021, 06:53:06 AM »
My father in law's mother passed after a fall and my wife's niece was they one that found her. I hope she can recover from her fall. I worked in a nursing home for two years, and a lot of the new admissions were elderly that had fallen but were able to leave once they had recovered.

tacotime

« Reply #23169 on: April 28, 2021, 11:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean, you're right, I'm just really bad at moving on. Especially when it was my fault.

I hope in time you won’t keep beating yourself up and thinking of this as your fault. I know how easy it is to feel that way but from what you’ve said here, my feeling is that it’s likely better it ended sooner rather than later. I’m just one girl writing this to you and I know you’re not feeling great right now, but I hope you’ll hear me out.

I don’t know what your joke was but I can’t imagine it was anything so terrible that you should be written off for one comment. Everyone is going to say something, do something, at one point or another that isn’t going to come across the way they hoped. Including the girl who you’re thinking of as such a prize.

If she can’t realize that enough to cut you some slack after having an otherwise good time with you, it may be she’s not such a prize after all. I’m not trying to be nasty, just honest. When it comes down to it, everyone needs someone who is going to be on their team despite their mistakes. To see them for who they really are. You deserve someone who is going to do that for you. If she can’t, it doesn’t matter how good she looks on paper so to speak, or when she looks in the mirror. There’s someone better out there for you.

I think sensitivity is a good thing, but it can be taken too far. If she can’t use that joke as an opportunity to learn and grow with you, to help you understand her better, from my perspective she’s not ready to uphold her part of a real relationship. Which I get the sense you’re hoping to find because of how this situation threw you for a loop.

Give things some time, you’ll find it, and with someone who isn’t looking for some unrealistic perfection. Take care man.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23170 on: April 28, 2021, 12:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I hope in time you won’t keep beating yourself up and thinking of this as your fault. I know how easy it is to feel that way but from what you’ve said here, my feeling is that it’s likely better it ended sooner rather than later. I’m just one girl writing this to you and I know you’re not feeling great right now, but I hope you’ll hear me out.

I don’t know what your joke was but I can’t imagine it was anything so terrible that you should be written off for one comment. Everyone is going to say something, do something, at one point or another that isn’t going to come across the way they hoped. Including the girl who you’re thinking of as such a prize.

If she can’t realize that enough to cut you some slack after having an otherwise good time with you, it may be she’s not such a prize after all. I’m not trying to be nasty, just honest. When it comes down to it, everyone needs someone who is going to be on their team despite their mistakes. To see them for who they really are. You deserve someone who is going to do that for you. If she can’t, it doesn’t matter how good she looks on paper so to speak, or when she looks in the mirror. There’s someone better out there for you.

I think sensitivity is a good thing, but it can be taken too far. If she can’t use that joke as an opportunity to learn and grow with you, to help you understand her better, from my perspective she’s not ready to uphold her part of a real relationship. Which I get the sense you’re hoping to find because of how this situation threw you for a loop.

Give things some time, you’ll find it, and with someone who isn’t looking for some unrealistic perfection. Take care man.

Thank you, I needed to hear that.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #23171 on: April 29, 2021, 01:41:34 AM »
Was feeling vulnerable and horny after being sick all week and ended up hooking up with my ex, who I don't feel very sexually attracted to anymore. We live together. Time to move I think.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #23172 on: April 29, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
I seem to no longer be able to communicate with my gal of 10 years. Everything I say is spun into something angrier, meaner, etc., than was intended. Or, best case, she just stares at her phone praying I shut up.

She still does super nice things for me, but every day the divide grows larger and the conversations become shorter. It feels like just a matter of time before an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind moment occurs.

How's the chicken?

Fine.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #23173 on: April 29, 2021, 04:28:52 PM »
Ive got a big weekend of skating with the boys lined up but it’s been raining like crazy and fucking everything up. Also, I have kidney stones and it’s fucking awful and the rain won’t matter at all if I can’t pass this fucking Boulder in my body. I fucking hate working in the rain, but because my hours got cut I don’t really have a choice but to work in the rain and through these stones.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #23174 on: May 03, 2021, 08:35:27 AM »
Mental health all fucked up.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #23175 on: May 03, 2021, 08:53:45 AM »

I feel you dude. We're all here for you. Stay up.
ok thanks

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #23176 on: May 03, 2021, 11:45:40 PM »
blown acl, mcl, meniscus. surgery next week, really not looking forward to months of physical therapy.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #23177 on: May 04, 2021, 12:18:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel you dude. We're all here for you. Stay up.

Thanks, bro!

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #23178 on: May 04, 2021, 12:44:28 AM »
Just found out I have a herniated disc. It's not too major I don't think, I can walk ok but everything feels awkward. No lifting or skating for a while, and I can't see my physio until mid june.

sketchyrider

« Reply #23179 on: May 04, 2021, 08:29:09 AM »
my cat dribbles piss on my stuff. tried literally everything to stop it from expensive food to expensive tests at the vet. going to have to get her re-homed since i can't deal with that for another 10+ years. kinda anti-climactic, will def never own pets again, except maybe fish or something.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23180 on: May 04, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
I just looked at a car. The owner is firm on 5 grand.

Super bummed. I got 4 total.  I really want a k series motor. I've never had one but I've worked on a ton. I hope it's still there in July or I can find another one.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #23181 on: May 04, 2021, 11:21:46 AM »
In grad school currently and my internship supervisor got arrested for molesting a kid. This dude was a professor at my school, head of the social work grad program at one point, PhD, intelligent and dedicated. Dude had all of my respect and when I saw the news in the paper I was mind blown and part of me is still thinking this has to be a misunderstanding or there's an angle to it. They got text messages the dude and the kid discussing the accused behavior so there's receipts and it really bummed me out. Killed my whole week.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #23182 on: May 04, 2021, 11:30:17 AM »
Just learned my mom has breast cancer. Luckily they caught it early, but she's the one in the family that has always seemed to have her health shit in check. Eating right, taking good care of herself. It's fucking with my that she's sick like that. Not that I could ever be happy about it, but it luckily came at a time that we have a bit more flexibility to deal with it. I've got downtime between undergrad and grad school, and she's an art teacher, so she's off in the summer. I'm happy that I'll hopefully be able to help her by driving her around and taking care of her if she's got a lot going on.

/anonymous slap rant. Life has been so up and down lately it's crazy.
(Cool Trick GIF)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23183 on: May 04, 2021, 12:13:59 PM »

Super bummed. I got 4 total.  I really want a k series motor. I've never had one but I've worked on a ton. I hope it's still there in July or I can find another one.

I seen a 03 SI hatch with 150k for 3.5 a few weeks ago. Kicking myself for not taking it but I want a van more than another civic

In grad school currently and my internship supervisor got arrested for molesting a kid. This dude was a professor at my school, head of the social work grad program at one point, PhD, intelligent and dedicated. Dude had all of my respect and when I saw the news in the paper I was mind blown and part of me is still thinking this has to be a misunderstanding or there's an angle to it. They got text messages the dude and the kid discussing the accused behavior so there's receipts and it really bummed me out. Killed my whole week.

Damn bruv. You were really stoked on the program too, sharing PMA with me when I needed it. That's a real drag and unfortunately predators and scum bags infiltrate everywhere. I reckon a lot more counselors/therapists are predators (who may have their own trauma, that we cannot use as an excuse for their actions) than we realize. We need to be the good ones and stay vigilant for the field and our clients.

Hiller at my DM if you wanna debrief/process
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23184 on: May 04, 2021, 12:51:32 PM »
i have several almost dead teeth from some impact i took i don't even remember, basically the whole front row 4 up and 4 down, the one in the right upper corner seems to finally come loose or something. feels pretty disgusting, a bit like way back when the milk teeth came loose. thankfully since it's pretty much dead it's not really painful. but i guess it's time to check with a dentist. thankfully i've been paying into a dental plan for a while now and it covers pretty much everything that's not purely cosmetic. so i shouldn't need to pay for a new tooth. otherwise i'd be down a few thousand easily.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23185 on: May 04, 2021, 02:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I seen a 03 SI hatch with 150k for 3.5 a few weeks ago. Kicking myself for not taking it but I want a van more than another civic

Expand Quote
[close]

Damn bruv. You were really stoked on the program too, sharing PMA with me when I needed it. That's a real drag and unfortunately predators and scum bags infiltrate everywhere. I reckon a lot more counselors/therapists are predators (who may have their own trauma, that we cannot use as an excuse for their actions) than we realize. We need to be the good ones and stay vigilant for the field and our clients.

They're so popular in mass still. I keep seeing automatics in my range. I guess I could do a conversion. Kinda a pain.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #23186 on: May 04, 2021, 02:45:11 PM »
I know this is minuscule to A LOT that's going on in this thread, but still, it's something I'm not stoked on — was finally able to cop the Sam Hitz Larb Ball deck as they sold out everywhere quick and UPS lost it.

EDIT: Was delivered to the wrong apartment complex, the person who got it was super honest and dropped it off.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 03:21:10 PM by TastyBurrito »

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23187 on: May 04, 2021, 02:50:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They're so popular in mass still. I keep seeing automatics in my range. I guess I could do a conversion. Kinda a pain.

The one I saw was stick. Wouldn't buy the auto. I got 96 stock LX, 135k, 5spd stashed in MA. It ain't running rn and its got the wheel well cancer, but I can't jink it. Getting harder and harder to find.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #23188 on: May 05, 2021, 03:54:46 AM »
Just learned my mom has breast cancer. Luckily they caught it early, but she's the one in the family that has always seemed to have her health shit in check. Eating right, taking good care of herself. It's fucking with my that she's sick like that. Not that I could ever be happy about it, but it luckily came at a time that we have a bit more flexibility to deal with it. I've got downtime between undergrad and grad school, and she's an art teacher, so she's off in the summer. I'm happy that I'll hopefully be able to help her by driving her around and taking care of her if she's got a lot going on.

Really unfortunate to hear but it's good she's able to get treatment and I'm assuming they caught it early which will really raise the likelihood of her beating it. That's what happened with my mom. Pulling for you, her and your fam. 🙏🏿

blown acl, mcl, meniscus. surgery next week, really not looking forward to months of physical therapy.

Had my second ACL reconstruction last summer myself and you really have to learn to appreciate the down time. It can be tough but just be as productive as possible without exerting yourself.

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I appreciate it man. It raised so many questions for me. Were there more victims of this dude? Was he himself molested? Was the goal of his whole career to abuse kids? How is this just getting exposed now? I'll be alright but it was just really unsettling. Just gotta forget about the dude entirely. It's above me at this point so I'm washing my hands of it. It's like finding out your minister was a hitman or the mailman being a drug lord. Just some really unforseen shit.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:05:12 AM by Kanye Omari West »

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #23189 on: May 05, 2021, 07:56:19 AM »

Sorry to hear that homie, my mom went through the exact same situation, she was always the healthiest and the one who cared most about what she ate, how much she slept, wtv. If you want to talk about it shoot me a DM.