Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880909 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23190 on: May 05, 2021, 08:15:05 PM »
I had to shave my head because I been living with staph for like months. My hair is crazy thin now. Kinda hilarious. I'm going to get a head tattoo maybe. Most likely if there's time.
Hug your loved ones. The end is near.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #23191 on: May 06, 2021, 07:33:34 AM »
Been such a mess lately. Went to Vegas & now account overdrawn. Selling all my boards today. Whatever I don't sell on offerup will post on here later today =(

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #23192 on: May 06, 2021, 11:21:04 AM »
I had to shave my head because I been living with staph for like months. My hair is crazy thin now. Kinda hilarious. I'm going to get a head tattoo maybe. Most likely if there's time.
Hug your loved ones. The end is near.

That sucks, man. I also had staph issues recently. I hope you’re feeling better soon.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #23193 on: May 07, 2021, 09:03:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really unfortunate to hear but it's good she's able to get treatment and I'm assuming they caught it early which will really raise the likelihood of her beating it. That's what happened with my mom. Pulling for you, her and your fam. 🙏🏿
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry to hear that homie, my mom went through the exact same situation, she was always the healthiest and the one who cared most about what she ate, how much she slept, wtv. If you want to talk about it shoot me a DM.

Thanks guys. It really helps hearing how other people have dealt with this as well. Starting to get appointments scheduled, and starting to move forward, which makes both her and me feel better
(Cool Trick GIF)

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #23194 on: May 07, 2021, 08:17:47 PM »
i have several almost dead teeth from some impact i took i don't even remember, basically the whole front row 4 up and 4 down, the one in the right upper corner seems to finally come loose or something. feels pretty disgusting, a bit like way back when the milk teeth came loose. thankfully since it's pretty much dead it's not really painful. but i guess it's time to check with a dentist. thankfully i've been paying into a dental plan for a while now and it covers pretty much everything that's not purely cosmetic. so i shouldn't need to pay for a new tooth. otherwise i'd be down a few thousand easily.

Empathy for you. I’m about 10 grand deep over the last three years for implants and extractions. This latest round has fucked me up royally. It was two weeks ago and still having uncontrolled pain . Averaging 2-3 hours of sleep and basically a liquid diet. I went back just to see if anything was wrong and the periodontist said I might be grinding my teeth and I am too stressed. It is my fault it hurts so much. Fuck that. Something is wrong.
I’m literally taking three Advil every 3-4 hours 24/7. At night I have to raid some old Oxy my wife had left over from a surgery. And that barely works since it just keeps me up.
So, I am not stoked on periodontists.

Fhk

« Reply #23195 on: May 09, 2021, 02:10:47 PM »

We had a short love affair..but I don't regret a moment.
Rip my friend.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23196 on: May 09, 2021, 03:55:19 PM »
Expand Quote
i have several almost dead teeth from some impact i took i don't even remember, basically the whole front row 4 up and 4 down, the one in the right upper corner seems to finally come loose or something. feels pretty disgusting, a bit like way back when the milk teeth came loose. thankfully since it's pretty much dead it's not really painful. but i guess it's time to check with a dentist. thankfully i've been paying into a dental plan for a while now and it covers pretty much everything that's not purely cosmetic. so i shouldn't need to pay for a new tooth. otherwise i'd be down a few thousand easily.
[close]

Empathy for you. I’m about 10 grand deep over the last three years for implants and extractions. This latest round has fucked me up royally. It was two weeks ago and still having uncontrolled pain . Averaging 2-3 hours of sleep and basically a liquid diet. I went back just to see if anything was wrong and the periodontist said I might be grinding my teeth and I am too stressed. It is my fault it hurts so much. Fuck that. Something is wrong.
I’m literally taking three Advil every 3-4 hours 24/7. At night I have to raid some old Oxy my wife had left over from a surgery. And that barely works since it just keeps me up.
So, I am not stoked on periodontists.

thanks man, appreciate it. i'm a teeth grinder as well. i have abnormal temple muscles, haha. sucks you had to go through all that! bracing myself for what i'm heading for. hoping you'll find a solution to the grinding issue. my periodontist suggested i get one of these gumbraces for the night, but insisted i see my regular dentist first. basically let him clear all other issues. my wisdom teeth are so far out and i never got em pulled and he actually said now it wouldn't matter anymore, might as well leave em in unless they flare up. they wouldn't grow out any longer and any damage to my jawline is already done anyways.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #23197 on: May 10, 2021, 08:23:33 PM »
Went with friend to this random girls apartment where we just talked for like an hour before one of the girls got a call out of the blue saying that her grandma got covid, so we got 'kicked out' kinda.

Accidentally left behind my favorite hoodie that also is great sentimental value to me and now they r ghosting my friend (who was the only person that was actually in contact with any of them) and i am super bummed. I know where they live and such and i went once to try to knock on their door but no response.

Why would somebody do this its not even like any of them can wear it they're all like short women and i am tall man. It's not like a famous brand or anything and it's pretty old, not very valuable. All they would have to do is just like text me and leave it on the porch i'd go grab it, don't even need to interact with me if they think i'm some creep ro something. They seemed nice enough when we were talking. I really hope they just like went home for a couple days or something and when they come back will let me know I can come get it I really miss it.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23198 on: May 11, 2021, 10:23:38 AM »

Rip my friend.

fuck dawg. I was planning to come up to ME solely for the skipit game. faaaaaaahk
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Fhk

« Reply #23199 on: May 11, 2021, 11:28:28 AM »
Expand Quote

Rip my friend.
[close]

fuck dawg. I was planning to come up to ME solely for the skipit game. faaaaaaahk
I will build one from scratch if that's the case homey!

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #23200 on: May 12, 2021, 02:25:00 AM »
I've tested positive for the 'rona.

Fuck that.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #23201 on: May 12, 2021, 02:41:14 AM »

Fuck that.

Had that in November. Wiped out all strength gains  I fought for during 2020, took forever to get back, as well. Bulking like a pig helped.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #23202 on: May 12, 2021, 04:04:42 AM »
Expand Quote

Fuck that.
[close]

Had that in November. Wiped out all strength gains  I fought for during 2020, took forever to get back, as well. Bulking like a pig helped.

I'm afraid that will happen to me as well ... gyms open the 9th of june and I'll be looking like a marathon runner :(

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #23203 on: May 12, 2021, 05:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fuck that.
[close]

[close]

I'm afraid that will happen to me as well ... gyms open the 9th of june and I'll be looking like a marathon runner :(

Good luck, bro!

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #23204 on: May 12, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Fuck that.
[close]

[close]

Here's to a quick and healthy recovery.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23205 on: May 12, 2021, 10:49:55 AM »

Fuck that.

damn bruv. hydrate and rest as best you can. hopefully it's not too hard on you.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23206 on: May 13, 2021, 05:17:03 AM »
Expand Quote

Fuck that.
[close]

damn bruv. hydrate and rest as best you can. hopefully it's not too hard on you.

this. may your symptoms be weak and gone quickly.

was afraid i had it, but took two tests since then and must be a regular cold i caught. i was freaking out because two days before i took my test i was actually meeting a few people outside for the first time in like a year since i've seen them and was afraid i just infected them.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23207 on: May 13, 2021, 05:49:49 AM »
Slept weird and now my back’s fucked again.

Getting old sucks.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23208 on: May 13, 2021, 07:26:59 AM »
I have MRSA. I'm going to frickin die from an infection. I've cleaned everything in my stupid fucking basement to the best of my ability. I'm going to frickin die.

21 years ago I had Endo 2x and I survived. I'm clean since 02.

I can't believe this shit. Where the ffuck is housing!?!
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23209 on: May 13, 2021, 10:54:28 AM »
I have MRSA. I'm going to frickin die from an infection. I've cleaned everything in my stupid fucking basement to the best of my ability. I'm going to frickin die.

damn brother. that's brutal. I was in a community where one person lived with MRSA and she's still going strong 11 years later. She's a dirty train hopping drunk who doesn't really take care of themselves.

I don't know if it matters or is relevant, but in that same place, aside from bleach, people were killing staph with heavy heavy doses of Tea Tree oil. you probably know all this shit. I'm sorry you're dealing with this shit man. fuck.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #23210 on: May 13, 2021, 03:17:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

damn brother. that's brutal. I was in a community where one person lived with MRSA and she's still going strong 11 years later. She's a dirty train hopping drunk who doesn't really take care of themselves.

I don't know if it matters or is relevant, but in that same place, aside from bleach, people were killing staph with heavy heavy doses of Tea Tree oil. you probably know all this shit. I'm sorry you're dealing with this shit man. fuck.

My heart goes out to you, Uncle Flea. That really sucks. Get some Hibiclens cleanser for yourself and plenty of Vitamin C.

sketchyrider

« Reply #23211 on: May 14, 2021, 06:42:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My heart goes out to you, Uncle Flea. That really sucks. Get some Hibiclens cleanser for yourself and plenty of Vitamin C.

way back a friend of mine kept getting MRSA, and his sister and i got it too at one point though not as bad as him, so he must have been a carrier or something. he wasn't the cleanest guy but not filthy either.

the only thing that ended up getting rid of it was to cover your entire body in hibiclens in the shower after turning off the water, and letting it sit for several minutes, every day for a month. don't get it on your junk but everywhere else.

i'd also clean the hell out of everything that you can, including the shower. good luck.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23212 on: May 14, 2021, 08:22:46 AM »

that's horrible man. my old man caught the bug when he was in the hospital at 78 years old after heart surgery, but they managed to get him good again somehow. don't give up, you can get rid of this.

this sucks so much, how can we get you out of that basement.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #23213 on: May 14, 2021, 03:14:40 PM »
Been feeling really lonely again.
Will probably have to put down my dog next weekend. If I think about it for too long, I keep making myself cry.
Been working 10/11 hour days, so not a lot of time to do anything after work, and also it's way too much work.
Tried to go back to cognitive behavioral therapy earlier but I find it immediately intolerable.
The thin walls in my house between my neighbors and housemates have been making my blood boil.
I keep questioning my sanity. Feeling a bit paranoid and a bit low self esteem.
Don't feel very confident about my body or mind.

Just basically a lot of stress and not a lot of release.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #23214 on: May 15, 2021, 02:26:57 PM »
Got covid. On day five since the symptoms started. Cough isn’t too crazy, just here n there, no sore throat either, but my body definitely feels really achy and lethargic.

Fhk

« Reply #23215 on: May 15, 2021, 02:55:39 PM »
Been feeling really lonely again.
Will probably have to put down my dog next weekend. If I think about it for too long, I keep making myself cry.
Been working 10/11 hour days, so not a lot of time to do anything after work, and also it's way too much work.
Tried to go back to cognitive behavioral therapy earlier but I find it immediately intolerable.
The thin walls in my house between my neighbors and housemates have been making my blood boil.
I keep questioning my sanity. Feeling a bit paranoid and a bit low self esteem.
Don't feel very confident about my body or mind.

Just basically a lot of stress and not a lot of release.
I have a lot of these same feelings when I am working way to much.. is there a chance you get some time off (even 1 day) and get some skating in? Or something else that makes you..YOU? Overworked and being overwhelmed definitely go hand in hand, in my experience. I hope you and everyone else on here can get to feeling better. Keep your chins up everybody :-\

Grind King Rims

« Reply #23216 on: May 15, 2021, 03:01:52 PM »
Thanks pal. We're taking on 4 new staff this week and apparently we've been approved for 4 more after that (kind of gives you an idea of where things have been at the past couple of weeks/months). The turnover has been pretty substantial. About 3 people have left since I joined at the beginning of March, two people were on extended stress leaves, etc... The work itself is actually chill enough, I think when things calm down and I can do my regular ~8 hours a day, I'll really enjoy it. But 10/11 hours, every day, it really takes its toll.

Thanks for the kind words.

Fhk

« Reply #23217 on: May 15, 2021, 03:29:14 PM »
Thanks pal. We're taking on 4 new staff this week and apparently we've been approved for 4 more after that (kind of gives you an idea of where things have been at the past couple of weeks/months). The turnover has been pretty substantial. About 3 people have left since I joined at the beginning of March, two people were on extended stress leaves, etc... The work itself is actually chill enough, I think when things calm down and I can do my regular ~8 hours a day, I'll really enjoy it. But 10/11 hours, every day, it really takes its toll.

Thanks for the kind words.
Well it sounds like there's a glimmer of hope with the new staff coming in. I hope they are able to help you with your work load, and you can get to feeling better!  :)

doublesteveburger

« Reply #23218 on: May 15, 2021, 06:17:31 PM »
My partner’s passiveness about possibly losing her job when she’s not the one paying rent.

Also people thinking ‘partner’ means male but using ‘girlfriend’ in your 30’s is fucking silly.

Oh wait this isn’t the pet peeves thread.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #23219 on: May 15, 2021, 06:38:34 PM »
My partner’s passiveness about possibly losing her job when she’s not the one paying rent.

Also people thinking ‘partner’ means male but using ‘girlfriend’ in your 30’s is fucking silly.

Oh wait this isn’t the pet peeves thread.

ive been with with girlfriend for 13 years .. not married and have two kids .. having to say girlfriend, partner or wife is so awkward for me .. i just refer to her as her first name now even if the person has never met her
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?