Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1882930 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23280 on: June 04, 2021, 12:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im not stoked on caffeine addiction. during lockdown I got into the habit of drinking pots of coffee per day and now if I don't drink enough coffee I have a throbbing headache. and by enough coffee it seems like at least 32oz. which is ruining my stomach and now its blazing hot outside
[close]

here's what i did to get rid of my caffeinism: stop making pots of coffee. just do single servings. it tastes better and chances are you don't actually crave coffee that much if you are too lazy to pour yourself a single fresh cup. you probably just drink a lot because you keep making pots and have it at hand. of course you can't just stop, but try to brew half a pot at first maybe. cut down gradually. i went from liters a day to two cups and sometimes i have a third but i don't crave it as much anymore, i just found a different way to consume it. caffeinism sucks because it just fucks you up. headaches lead to more coffee which leads to more headaches in the long run and a bad temper. i will promise it will be good for your blood pressure, too. also drink a glass of water with every cup of coffee you have. if you're stomach is full and you are well hydrated you might not crave a drink at all as much and the hydration will help a bit with the headaches. 

if you have some sort of cheap coffee machine and you live alone, throw that thing out and get a 2-4 cup pour over brewer.
it's big enough to make you a small pot and perfect for one bigger cup. it would be good if you got a decent grinder and whole beans as well. make up for loss in quantity with quality. really good coffee generally is much more satisfying than random grounds that produce some sort of anonymous coffee type product.

i also substituted every second cup of coffee i'd drink with a tea i enjoy instead. others already suggested that. you can get some caffeine from many teas, but if you want to save up for coffee just drink a caffeine free herbal tea. overall i'd say a good goal would be to not go over a liter or three big cups or 5 small cups a day. i think that's basically in the range of what is considered ok to consume without worrying about long term health issues or caffeinism issues.

the worst thing for me apart from headaches were that i was shaking like i had parkinson when my caffeine levels dropped. i would wake up and need a coffee so bad that i would have tremors until after i drank the first cup. that was totally gone after i broke my habit of drinking coffee constantly at any time of day.
[close]

I actually have all the fancy coffee stuff like aeropress and Chemex and a hario grinder and pour over cone and whatnot, but during lockdown I didn't want to bother with getting fancy beans. I just bought cheap coffee from trader joes and brewed it in this Mr. Coffee I have for when my parents visit. then I just started overdoing it and it kind of spiraled out of control. now I'm drinking like 2 bag of TJ coffee per week... good advice though. but I actually think id prefer to just cut out coffee entirely for the summer.
[close]

ah shit, i see. yeah, i've been there, too. hiatus/detox is never a bad thing. good luck!

people probably laughing about caffeine addiction but that shit just sucks, you just feel like shit constantly unless you drink it constantly, too. pretty easy habit to kick if you are determined but not a good one to have.
[close]

Caffeine addiction definitely sucks. i drink a cup or two of coffee every morning (more before i started working from home) but there are days if i run out or just for some reason don't drink a cup i get a really bad headache mid day and have to drink even more caffeine than normal to get rid of it.

Drinking a cup of coffee or a soda before bed to get rid of head ache just to be up longer is never fun.

word, i used to do this. since the caffeine wouldn't help me stay up anyway but dull the headache and also that caffeine cliff used to be a point where i could maybe sleep. shit fucking sucks and then you get all kinds of shitty other sleeping habits on top.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #23281 on: June 05, 2021, 08:05:32 PM »
When I want to cut back on coffee I substitute it for coco or cacao. Or I take an adaptogen called Rhodiola Rosea. If I drink anymore than 1 cup of coffee with it I get shaky and anxious so that helps me not go overboard. There's plently of 'cleaner' alternatives like yerba mate and green tea, but making a decent cup of coco or cacao is more enjoyable. I love filling my house with the smell of cinnamon and cardamom.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #23282 on: June 05, 2021, 09:05:14 PM »
Fireworks. Every night. It wasn’t like this last year. My dog is losing her shit. So bad, she puked every night since Memorial Day because of how worked up she gets. I’ve tried CBD, Benadryl, ear muffs, thunder shirt, the crate, fucking rocking her to sleep (60lb pit bull), meditation music, nature sounds…nothing works. She has a vet appointment Monday, I don’t want to sedate her every night for the next month but what the fuck I don’t know what else to do.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23283 on: June 06, 2021, 07:23:45 PM »
Flat spotted a set of pig wheels after my second session

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #23284 on: June 06, 2021, 08:45:45 PM »
Fireworks. Every night. It wasn’t like this last year. My dog is losing her shit. So bad, she puked every night since Memorial Day because of how worked up she gets. I’ve tried CBD, Benadryl, ear muffs, thunder shirt, the crate, fucking rocking her to sleep (60lb pit bull), meditation music, nature sounds…nothing works. She has a vet appointment Monday, I don’t want to sedate her every night for the next month but what the fuck I don’t know what else to do.

Effing sucks, duder. Fireworks, loud vehicles, butt rock.  Arsehats think they’re in a Kid Rock video or some shit around here. Luckily, current dogs aren’t scared, but I used to have the sweetest little basset that would get terrified.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #23285 on: June 09, 2021, 07:01:11 AM »
Was skating home in Brooklyn Saturday night a little stoned/drunk from hanging in the sun/pool all day. Had just picked up takeout burritos and a bottle of wine. Was on the home stretch and got tossed Garrett Hill-style by a pebble in the middle of traffic. No hands to catch myself so totally ate it with my body after trying to run it out a few steps.

Road rash everywhere, gnarliest hip bruise I've ever had, plus a sprained/overextended right foot. There's a salsa stain on the street, but somehow the food and wine made it.

Flew right in front of a cyclist who exclaimed in real time "Oh noooo...."

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23286 on: June 09, 2021, 07:41:29 AM »
Zero motivation.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #23287 on: June 09, 2021, 07:49:57 AM »
Was skating home in Brooklyn Saturday night a little stoned/drunk from hanging in the sun/pool all day. Had just picked up takeout burritos and a bottle of wine. Was on the home stretch and got tossed Garrett Hill-style by a pebble in the middle of traffic. No hands to catch myself so totally ate it with my body after trying to run it out a few steps.

Road rash everywhere, gnarliest hip bruise I've ever had, plus a sprained/overextended right foot. There's a salsa stain on the street, but somehow the food and wine made it.

Flew right in front of a cyclist who exclaimed in real time "Oh noooo...."

Oh no indeed. Sorry bro, hope that shit heals up quick.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #23288 on: June 11, 2021, 05:43:01 PM »
I had arguably the grossest fucking day ever and I’m still pissed of about it.

As some of y’all know I drive a pump truck and suction out septic tanks and portapotties for a living. At the end of my route yesterday, my tank had reached capacity, around 1300 gallons of sludge. So at about 0530 this morning I went to the waste water treatment plant to empty out my truck. I hooked up to the suction unit and pressurized my tank. About 30 seconds into unloading and my discharge port gets clogged. This means I had to unclog. Not necessarily the biggest deal. I’ve done it before and it just takes a while.

I’m being safe, and staying clean. Then, out of fucking nowhere the discharge port becomes unclogged and because I had to unclog it I’m not hooked up to the suction unit.

I got fucking baptized in a mixture of septic sludge and portapotty waste. Thankfully it only hit me from chest down, getting my body and my legs.

I then had to clean up the massive mess that had resulted from the dislodging of a fucking towel and a pair of boxers people had wiped their ass with and shit their pants in. (Someone decided to throw their shit rag and poopy drawers into the bowl of a portapotty and during the week I pumped it out.)

After cleaning it up I had to get hosed off to the point where I wasn’t brown and blue and wouldn’t track all of this shit into my truck. Then I had to drive back to the shop about five minutes away and get some more clothes. Normally, I pack a change of clothes for events like this and have a third set for after my post work shower. Today I had neither because my dumbass left my backpack at home.

I got back to the shop and my boss was smoking so I told him what happened. Thankfully we had some extra dickies shorts and work shirts laying around that were in my size. So I showered and changed over and went back to my truck. I had to deep clean the inside of my cab because it was filthy as shit and I was freshly clean(ish).

About 45 minutes later I felt comfortable enough with getting inside the cab and starting my route.

This is super fucking lame because my route usually starts at five and ends at five then I drive back to the shop to shower and go home. Today was the worst possible scenario because I had an incredibly heavy day. The dude that shares my zone called out so I had to run my normal route, then get his shit too. A normal heavy day for me is 60 or so stops, but today I had 94 (with an additional 15 or so because a lot of them have multiple toilets onsite).

I didn’t get started on my route until like 830 and just got home. Thankfully they pulled some stops from me and gave them to the weekend crew coming in tomorrow.

I wanted to go to no comply after I got off and buy myself a new deck because I needed some retail therapy, but I got off to late and they were closed.

Tl/dr: I got covered in human shit, worked 14 hours, then wasn’t able to buy a new skateboard.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

star puppy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #23289 on: June 11, 2021, 06:02:26 PM »
death
.. i dream of Marley.. - Candy

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23290 on: June 11, 2021, 07:39:55 PM »
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23291 on: June 11, 2021, 08:36:43 PM »
Far out Freelancevagrant that’s loose as I am sorry to hear that happened, absolute cunt of a situation particularly about the skateboard after everything, spewing
listen to cosmic psychos

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #23292 on: June 11, 2021, 08:45:04 PM »
Far out Freelancevagrant that’s loose as I am sorry to hear that happened, absolute cunt of a situation particularly about the skateboard after everything, spewing
That was a gnarly read. I had a buddy fall into Hong Kong harbor from a cherry picker while he was painting the hull of the ship and somehow your story sounds worse.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #23293 on: June 11, 2021, 11:32:33 PM »

As some of y’all know I drive a pump truck and suction out septic tanks and portapotties for a living. At the end of my route yesterday, my tank had reached capacity, around 1300 gallons of sludge. So at about 0530 this morning I went to the waste water treatment plant to empty out my truck. I hooked up to the suction unit and pressurized my tank. About 30 seconds into unloading and my discharge port gets clogged. This means I had to unclog. Not necessarily the biggest deal. I’ve done it before and it just takes a while.

I’m being safe, and staying clean. Then, out of fucking nowhere the discharge port becomes unclogged and because I had to unclog it I’m not hooked up to the suction unit.

I got fucking baptized in a mixture of septic sludge and portapotty waste. Thankfully it only hit me from chest down, getting my body and my legs.

I then had to clean up the massive mess that had resulted from the dislodging of a fucking towel and a pair of boxers people had wiped their ass with and shit their pants in. (Someone decided to throw their shit rag and poopy drawers into the bowl of a portapotty and during the week I pumped it out.)

After cleaning it up I had to get hosed off to the point where I wasn’t brown and blue and wouldn’t track all of this shit into my truck. Then I had to drive back to the shop about five minutes away and get some more clothes. Normally, I pack a change of clothes for events like this and have a third set for after my post work shower. Today I had neither because my dumbass left my backpack at home.

I got back to the shop and my boss was smoking so I told him what happened. Thankfully we had some extra dickies shorts and work shirts laying around that were in my size. So I showered and changed over and went back to my truck. I had to deep clean the inside of my cab because it was filthy as shit and I was freshly clean(ish).

About 45 minutes later I felt comfortable enough with getting inside the cab and starting my route.

This is super fucking lame because my route usually starts at five and ends at five then I drive back to the shop to shower and go home. Today was the worst possible scenario because I had an incredibly heavy day. The dude that shares my zone called out so I had to run my normal route, then get his shit too. A normal heavy day for me is 60 or so stops, but today I had 94 (with an additional 15 or so because a lot of them have multiple toilets onsite).

I didn’t get started on my route until like 830 and just got home. Thankfully they pulled some stops from me and gave them to the weekend crew coming in tomorrow.

I wanted to go to no comply after I got off and buy myself a new deck because I needed some retail therapy, but I got off to late and they were closed.

Tl/dr: I got covered in human shit, worked 14 hours, then wasn’t able to buy a new skateboard.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23294 on: June 12, 2021, 02:57:25 AM »

goddam

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23295 on: June 12, 2021, 05:27:07 AM »
I hate the chime my washing machine makes when it’s done with a load.  It goes on and on and on for like 15 minutes.  Just when you think it’s going to stop, “please…. No…… it can’t….. there….there’s no way it’s going to keep going…” another stanza fires up and you’re back to the opera.  Who thought that was a good idea?

If I don’t feel like changing over a load of laundry I don’t think I should be subjected to psychological torture like a Guantanamo Bay detainee.

Thanks for reading.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #23296 on: June 12, 2021, 06:57:20 AM »

Does the blue water neutralize all the dangers?

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #23297 on: June 12, 2021, 09:59:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Does the blue water neutralize all the dangers?
It breaks down almost everything it comes into contact with. But at a certain point, when there’s more poop and pee then there was originally blue water, it’s no longer effective.

But some of the septic solution and the overwhelming majority of the tank is filled with the blue chemical, so it will always come out blue. It’s only in some units where it has turned from blue to green, then eventually a really dark brown.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Slap’s Too Sensitive

• Rep: -5
« Reply #23298 on: June 15, 2021, 10:08:16 PM »
Not stoked on all my friends dying from fentanyl, and my parents probably won’t be stoked if they break down my door and I’m dead from an overdose after not returning their calls for a few days. I’m super close to knowingly putting enough to kill me in a future plunger, I guess I’m not stoked on life I’m general. It’ll be the path of least resistance as far as I’m concerned, I’ll pretty much just go to sleep and stop breathing. I have a “an hero” kit in my night stand, which contains a few grams of straight fentanyl & ten 2mg Xanax pills. I’m so lonely in this world, I share my life with no one. Not a single friend, not a love interest in sight, the only thing keeping me somewhat together is my mom’s broken heart over my potentially selfish act, but I feel like I’d be doing her a favor and she can finally stop worrying about me in my absence. Anyone share similar feelings?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #23299 on: June 15, 2021, 10:26:08 PM »
Not stoked on all my friends dying from fentanyl, and my parents probably won’t be stoked if they break down my door and I’m dead from an overdose after not returning their calls for a few days. I’m super close to knowingly putting enough to kill me in a future plunger, I guess I’m not stoked on life I’m general. It’ll be the path of least resistance as far as I’m concerned, I’ll pretty much just go to sleep and stop breathing. I have a “an hero” kit in my night stand, which contains a few grams of straight fentanyl & ten 2mg Xanax pills. I’m so lonely in this world, I share my life with no one. Not a single friend, not a love interest in sight, the only thing keeping me somewhat together is my mom’s broken heart over my potentially selfish act, but I feel like I’d be doing her a favor and she can finally stop worrying about me in my absence. Anyone share similar feelings?

8 years sober after opiate addiction.

I'll be straight with you:

I felt the same way and still do feel like I'm a waste of space. That feeling will probably not go away even if you get your shit together. However, you'll find meaning in other, minute, things. Slight self improvement, even if minor, like quitting smoking, will give you some drive.

Are you not tired of being fucking useless? Don't want to grab life by the balls and get your share? You can always resort back to dope, it will always be there. Also, when I was a fiend, I had no friends either, but what do you expect when you hang around junkies, thieves and dealers?

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Try to do something, go to a AA/NA/CA if you can. 12 steps is not for everyone but helped me. Otherwise, check for options. At least try something and better things will come.

Again, you can always return to where ever you are now. And you are far more in control of your life than you think you are.

Good luck.

Slap’s Too Sensitive

• Rep: -5
« Reply #23300 on: June 15, 2021, 10:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I felt the same way and still do feel like I'm a waste of space. That feeling will probably not go away even if you get your shit together. However, you'll find meaning in other, minute, things. Slight self improvement, even if minor, like quitting smoking, will give you some drive.

Are you not tired of being fucking useless? Don't want to grab life by the balls and get your share? You can always resort back to dope, it will always be there. Also, when I was a fiend, I had no friends either, but what do you expect when you hang around junkies, thieves and dealers?

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Try to do something, go to a AA/NA/CA if you can. 12 steps is not for everyone but helped me. Otherwise, check for options. At least try something and better things will come.

Again, you can always return to where ever you are now. And you are far more in control of your life than you think you are.

Good luck.

On the surface it looks like I have everything going for me. I own two successful businesses, I live in an expensive apartment filled with equally expensive stuff, I drive a luxury vehicle, and physically I always look put together. Recently I had over two years of sobriety from NA & HA, but it does nothing for my loneliness. My problem isn’t really using, it has more to do with simply not wanting to live. I flipped a coin when I woke up and said that I’d use the night stand kill kit if it hit tails, but it landed heads up. Either way I’m going to die alone and miserable, so why prolong the inevitable when I get zero joy from living?

Tell me, what do you derive joy from?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #23301 on: June 15, 2021, 11:05:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Good luck.
[close]

On the surface it looks like I have everything going for me. I own two successful businesses, I live in an expensive apartment filled with equally expensive stuff, I drive a luxury vehicle, and physically I always look put together. Recently I had over two years of sobriety from NA & HA, but it does nothing for my loneliness. My problem isn’t really using, it has more to do with simply not wanting to live. I flipped a coin when I woke up and said that I’d use the night stand kill kit if it hit tails, but it landed heads up. Either way I’m going to die alone and miserable, so why prolong the inevitable when I get zero joy from living?

Kudos, bro.

I assumed that you were still active when you mentioned that you had dope laying around.

Judging by your name, I'll tell it like (I think) it is.

I don't really derive joy as much as refuel the tank to go for another day. Most of my days are 4/10 and I don't expect that to change. Neither do I see good things in the future. Just like you, I don't get any significant lust for life by owning pricy garbage, so you can forget about that, you'll find no solution there.

Life don't owe you shit, even if you fight through. There is no happy ending, there are no guarantees. There is only one big "fuck you" and dumb, blind luck.

My thing is that I stopped demanding and expecting shit... most of the time. Happiness is not the end goal anymore. Find something, only you know what it will be.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #23302 on: June 16, 2021, 10:36:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Good luck.
[close]

don't take the kill kit. i am 100% sure this will be devastating to your mother as well. if you really care about her, your friends and employees more than about yourself, than you can't take the kill kit.

i'm so sorry you lost your friends to fent. i lost a good deal of friends, too and no matter how long ago it was, it will always hurt forever and everytime i think about them, i can't help but to suddenly feel very alone and lost. you have every reason to be depressed despite having a career and all that.

i don't know if you have a history with therapy. you seem very sure about being uncurably depressed and isolated. maybe you tried therapy or rehab already several times. all i know is you reached out on here to tell us how you feel and that tells me you actually don't want to do it.

please don't let a coin decide your fate. even though you don't enjoy your worldly successes, these things mean you are capable and important to and probably loved by a great deal of people, even if unbeknownst to you. you have agency.

in my new job as a nurse/household nanny this morning i had to help a dude who after a severe bout with ms is only able to move his head without spasms take a shit by basically pulling out turd chunks out of his rectum so there was room to perform an enema. this mans life to me is hell. if i tell about what i had to do to him most people would say wow, that job sucks. no man, this mans life fucking sucks. the act is way more fucked for him than for me. but that man is a fucking trooper. he's not going as long as his brain still works. his daily score on an ikobrakai pts per day scale is probably a -3000/10. and i have a few more clients like this where i think man, i don't think i could live like this. they are all in great pain, but they manage to find ways or a headspace to still somehow enjoy life. i think that's crazy and beautiful but also sad of course, and i can't imagine having fun like this. these people are total badasses at life imo. but killing yourself to free up space or to not be a burden.  it doesn't work. even if you hate yourself: if you kill yourself, you will damage everyone you love forever. unlike my patients, you have tons of agency to change your fate for a better outcome, please remember that. if you have love for only one person, like your mom, please please please don't kill yourself.

and i know you have love for someone or something because if you already wouldn't give a fuck, your posts wouldn't exist.

if you are not in the right mind to look for a professional rn i'm sure the community can help you out via the outreach thread. please consider posting there if you actually wish to talk to a counselor or even get straight into therapy and are just too in too deep to establish contact.

i seriously wish you all the strength to overcome this black hole and find something or someone in life that will bring you joy, laughter, tears, sweat, and all the hormons that make life a trip but are too rare all the time sometimes, but it might take a while and you know it. which is why i urge you to please not flip the coin before going to bed and to please disassemble your kill kit bro.

at some point in the last five years, i decided i will never kill myself, no matter how deep in depression i'm in. of course who knows if that's still true in ten years, right? but i made the decision and sticked to it so far. and according to my og long term plan i'd have to be dead by now. and nowadays i'm very happy about hot having killed myself yet and even the worst times where it was only me and my anxiety and sadness, were now, in hindsight of course, kind of good and needed to heal up on some of the issues why i wanted to not live so badly. even though it seems dumb, just making a decision for myself to live despite my life being shitty set me on a path to take agency and look for options. and i still have phases of intense anxiety and depression and it's terrible always. but i am nowadays confident that they won't wreck me anymore. i need to work through them and it sucks and sometimes i want to die again. but i eliminated this option to open up all sorts of other options, that in turn motivate me to the point where i can have more and lengthier phases of being stable. i kind of mindtricked my way into this a bit, and this won't work for everyone, but it helped me a lot. a lot more than most of the shitty psychologists or therapists i've seen. so i guess nowadays i take joy from making my own decisions after realizing that a part of my mental health problems stems from being in situations with zero autonomy. the more i just decide to do stuff, the more i get that feedback that some sort of control on my life is possible. so i try to create this feedback loop. this won't cure you i know, it's just a general tactic/viewpoint that helps me a lot to get through dark times.

i know this post is a ramble of sorts, i'm very tired, but i mean everything what i said 100% when i say don't kill yourself.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23303 on: June 17, 2021, 08:34:31 AM »
Turns out my blown out back was caused by a pinched nerve due to my hips being offset. My doctor prescribed Lyrica about 10 days ago for the nerve pain and holy shit, this is the worst thing I’ve ever put in my body. I refuse to take opioids because if I can be honest, I know I’d probably end up liking them too much and that’s not a game I want to play. Doc said it could take a week to feel the effects, I felt that shit after my first pill.

In the week I took it (actually 5 and a half days), I gained almost 10 lbs of water weight, my face looks fat and swollen, my brain feels next to useless and I feel drunk when I take it. Not 2-3 beers kinda buzzed, we’re talking half a 40 of gin kinda drunk. No way I can drive on this. The time I was on it, I was averaging about 10 hours of sleep a night + 2-3 naps during the day, which made me very groggy and zombie-like…. And that was just from a baby dose (2x25mg). I’ve heard people say it made them feel fat and stupid, this is 100% accurate for me.

Nerve pain does subside somewhat when I do take it,  however when it wears off the pain comes back worse than it was initially… and this is not even after one fucking week !!! Truth is the pain is very minute compared to the side effects and a lot more tolerable. I was doing good without it and will continue as I did. The cons outweigh the pros tenfold.

I have a month’s supply and I’m about to throw it out, I refuse to put that shit in my body. If it takes a few months to get better from physical therapy, I don’t care, I don’t want these damn pills.

Maybe I’m sensitive to pills because I never, ever take them for pain other than the occasional extra-strength Tylenol or Naproxen for inflammation. Other than that, I never take pills. I have a bunch of old prescriptions from past injuries in my drawer which I never went to get.

Anyone else have experience with Lyrica?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 12:26:32 PM by TheBoognish »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #23304 on: June 17, 2021, 09:32:24 AM »
I'd like to echo everything Frank said. Don't do it.

I lost my younger brother to heroin addiction three years ago. He battled addiction for about 8 years, had bouts of sobriety but ultimately lost the fight. For a while, I felt that relief of not having to worry about him, but my views changed a lot after I my daughter was born about two years ago. I'm not trying to imply that my opinions carry more weight because I'm a parent, just trying to share my perspective, as I feel more what must be like for my parents to lose a son. My daughter is just shy of two and hasn't had any chance to make the kinds of mistakes we make in adolescence and adulthood, but there's a feeling of love and nurture I have now that I didn't have before. My parents when through hell with my brother when he was alive. They spent insane amounts of money, money I had no idea they even had, just keeping him alive. At a point, that angered me a bit; that they kept draining their retirement for him when he wasn't doing anything for himself. I was ready to cut him off so many times, but they never gave up. I feel like I've come to understand it more now, because losing my daughter would create unrepairable damage to my heart. I honestly can't think of anything more painful than to lose a child.

This isn't to discount your pain at all, but ending your life only solves it for you. It will absolutely crush your mother, your family, and the people around you, and not just for a short time until they muster up the strength to keep going, but it will be loss they will mourn forever. I just took a fishing trip with my dad and there were many moments where my mind wondered back to the years where it was my dad, my brother and I on the same trip. I could still hear his voice, play out scenerios that would've been happening (he complained a lot in the boat, not much of a fisherman), and had to really hold back the tears a few times. My family isn't emotional at all, we've barely spoken about his death since the few months after it happened, and it's because we're all still hurting. It never stops.

Bottom line, please don't do it. There's tons of people in your same situation and who feel hopeless, but there's people who really do care if you reach out. It's ok to be ashamed, but it's not ok to give up. Like Frank said, you are an able person and you can get yourself out of this. 

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #23305 on: June 18, 2021, 09:54:04 AM »
Jesus, I came here to say I’m at a Toyota dealer waiting for my car, I need to poop, but I wore shorts and don’t want them to touch the floor. My problems are nothing. Don’t kill yourself.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23306 on: June 19, 2021, 08:47:28 AM »
My 2 year old, American made, expensive piece of junk guitar doesn't work. Both $300 Chinese guitars I own work totally fine. Very frustrated.

teabag

• Rep: -2
« Reply #23307 on: June 19, 2021, 09:19:59 PM »
have you tried cutting into the neck?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #23308 on: June 20, 2021, 10:30:13 AM »
Apparently my theme for 2021 is I can’t be at 100% for more than like two weeks before some injury or health related issue arises.
Went into 2021 with a fresh broken collarbone, once that was feeling ok and I started skating again a couple weeks later I get COVID so I was out for a bit with that, and after that ended a couple weeks later I got some sort of weird cold/inflamed tonsil which is what I’m currently dealing with, so I’ve just been feeling shitty and weak recently because of that.
Just once this year I’d like to skate and live life for longer than two weeks without being sidelined by something.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23309 on: June 20, 2021, 03:38:30 PM »
have you tried cutting into the neck?

Neck is perfect. The issue is electronic and I know nothing about that stuff.