Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1882217 times)

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23610 on: September 20, 2021, 03:20:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I inaugurated a new deck and it‘s good but always on new set ups my flip game is of. Not stoked as this always sets back my progress for a few weeks until I can take up where I was before the deck change. How do you deal with this?
[close]
What’s the issue?
Board too stiff? Too grippy? Weird shape?
New decks can be a bit tricky sometimes, especially when you’re learning or re-learning to skate.
You can try to bend the deck a little decrease the stiffness and you can sand down the griptape but if the shape is weird you just got to plow through it man.
[close]

Cheers bro, I wondered if it might be the stiffness… It would be interesting to hear from those who ride the same decks/shapes back to back if they have that issue or not.
I ride pretty much the same shape or something very similar everytime and I love setting up new boards.
Any issues are usually caused by shapes, so try to figure out what you like and try to stick to that.
Just remember that lenght and wheelbase make much more difference than width…

Welcome to the madness.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23611 on: September 20, 2021, 05:20:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I inaugurated a new deck and it‘s good but always on new set ups my flip game is of. Not stoked as this always sets back my progress for a few weeks until I can take up where I was before the deck change. How do you deal with this?
[close]
What’s the issue?
Board too stiff? Too grippy? Weird shape?
New decks can be a bit tricky sometimes, especially when you’re learning or re-learning to skate.
You can try to bend the deck a little decrease the stiffness and you can sand down the griptape but if the shape is weird you just got to plow through it man.
[close]

Cheers bro, I wondered if it might be the stiffness… It would be interesting to hear from those who ride the same decks/shapes back to back if they have that issue or not.
[close]
I ride pretty much the same shape or something very similar everytime and I love setting up new boards.
Any issues are usually caused by shapes, so try to figure out what you like and try to stick to that.
Just remember that lenght and wheelbase make much more difference than width…

Welcome to the madness.

Thanks. My first deck when I came back was a Real Full 8.5, which I loved. I guess I‘ll try to find something similar once I am finished with the current Muska, which I purchased entirely for nostalgic reasons  ;)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #23612 on: September 20, 2021, 12:47:50 PM »
Pretty sure there’s an undercover cop that “skates” my local every weekday lately. It makes sense. This summer there was a fuckload of fights, people driving over the grass, people getting jumped, some dude got shot, fools selling hard drugs and flashing fake guns. Almost all of that shit stems from the parking lots next to the park. It’s been one the main hangouts for druggy teens for decades now. Every couple years they ramp up police presence in the lots for a few months and that deters the tomfoolery until a new generation of degenerates grows up and discovers the lots.
This dude says he’s been skating since the 80s but has never learned to push or ride in to banks or anything. He spends the majority of his time trying to get in with the stoner skaters and little kids. Acting as cop like as possible.

LUGR

• Rep: 46
« Reply #23613 on: September 20, 2021, 07:16:18 PM »
Pretty sure there’s an undercover cop that “skates” my local every weekday lately. It makes sense. This summer there was a fuckload of fights, people driving over the grass, people getting jumped, some dude got shot, fools selling hard drugs and flashing fake guns. Almost all of that shit stems from the parking lots next to the park. It’s been one the main hangouts for druggy teens for decades now. Every couple years they ramp up police presence in the lots for a few months and that deters the tomfoolery until a new generation of degenerates grows up and discovers the lots.
This dude says he’s been skating since the 80s but has never learned to push or ride in to banks or anything. He spends the majority of his time trying to get in with the stoner skaters and little kids. Acting as cop like as possible.
Or a pedo.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #23614 on: September 21, 2021, 07:01:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Or a pedo.
Actually he does seem more pedo than cop now that you mention it. But there’s no way this guy is here to skate
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 07:10:26 AM by willphansbiggestfan »

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23615 on: September 21, 2021, 07:51:09 AM »
My 5 year olds teacher asked me to help him come up with name suggestions for a tortoise incubation hut that his class at school has ‘adopted’ to learn about animals and environmental issues.

My wife won’t let me recommend ‘The Crack House’.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23616 on: September 21, 2021, 07:52:47 AM »
I have two weeks of holidays and it's perfect skate weather (the sun is out but it's not too hot) but yesterday I bruised my heel and now I can't skate.  :'(
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #23617 on: September 21, 2021, 08:24:42 AM »
I focused my fresh board at the park because I hate rollerskaters and scooterers. They kept getting in my way and I snapped. Started yelling at bunch of fucking cunt ass idiots. Honestly if I didn’t sublimate this hatred I’d probably be a racist. I truly hate their existence. And then I FaceTimed my sister to rant about how much I hate these idiots but I forgot that she fucking rollerskates too. So now I think she think I hate her too which is really isolating for her because she recently came out and my family is pretty lame so I kinda felt like an ally but I’m doing it wrong.
wait is this a joke

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23618 on: September 21, 2021, 12:38:10 PM »
Fucking drove 6 hours to go to work today and ended up being a complete fucking waste of time. No one was prepared for our meeting so we sat around staring at each other for a very painful hour and half.

Not sure why I have to come to the office three days a week when it is just a waste of gas, time, and energy. Fuck this job.

Also, my co-workers seem confused on how their fucking masks work. I mean don't even fucking put it on if you can't cover your damn nose.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23619 on: September 21, 2021, 03:41:45 PM »
RIP Richard H Kirk.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #23620 on: September 22, 2021, 12:03:00 AM »
See all these fuckwits, deadset 80% of em are just deadbeats that bought some workwear and wanted to start some shit

Fucking horrified to see this shit, this is fucked
Nobody wants it to be mandatory but there’s no way shits gonna get built if everyone’s sick with covid

https://streamable.com/fh3ahp

listen to cosmic psychos

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #23621 on: September 22, 2021, 01:25:51 AM »
See all these fuckwits, deadset 80% of em are just deadbeats that bought some workwear and wanted to start some shit

Fucking horrified to see this shit, this is fucked
Nobody wants it to be mandatory but there’s no way shits gonna get built if everyone’s sick with covid

https://streamable.com/fh3ahp

I don't think there's been a protest in Australia in the last 25 years where it's not just 80% dickheads who want to start some shit.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #23622 on: September 22, 2021, 05:00:47 AM »
I finally found my dream job about 7 months ago. Everything was going so good. I used to cheese hard driving there and always get there mega early because I loved it so much. It changed my life. The money was also so good. I was buying my son stuff left and right. I mean I always have but I would have tons of money left over for myself. I was even saving which I’ve never done in my life.

Got a phone call a few days ago and was told I was let go because of covid and the lockdown that looks like it’s gonna go on for a long time here. Like many places across the world.

I’m devastated to say the least. Crushed.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #23623 on: September 22, 2021, 05:20:30 AM »
I finally found my dream job about 7 months ago. Everything was going so good. I used to cheese hard driving there and always get there mega early because I loved it so much. It changed my life. The money was also so good. I was buying my son stuff left and right. I mean I always have but I would have tons of money left over for myself. I was even saving which I’ve never done in my life.

Got a phone call a few days ago and was told I was let go because of covid and the lockdown that looks like it’s gonna go on for a long time here. Like many places across the world.

I’m devastated to say the least. Crushed.

Fuck that’s brutal man, I’m sorry.

What industry are you in? Update your resume and get back on that horse
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #23624 on: September 22, 2021, 09:34:06 AM »
raining for days. i wanna sk8 these new obstacles

numagik

• Rep: 35
« Reply #23625 on: September 22, 2021, 10:37:37 AM »
im so shit at job interviews

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #23626 on: September 22, 2021, 11:08:57 AM »
Fucking paywalls for news articles. Nothing like writing a research paper and getting blocked out of a valuable source of information.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #23627 on: September 22, 2021, 11:49:21 AM »
Fucking paywalls for news articles. Nothing like writing a research paper and getting blocked out of a valuable source of information.

You can use archive.org to get around that for a lot of stuff, put the address into the WBM and look at the snapshot:
https://archive.org/

For some sites you can also just hit refresh, and then hit the X to stop it from reloading, right after the article text loads but just before the paywall block comes up. Doesn’t work for everything, and might have to do it a few times to get the timing right, but that’s usually what I do for the NYTimes.

Libgen.rs is a really good resource for accessing free copies of academic writings/articles too

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23628 on: September 22, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You can use archive.org to get around that for a lot of stuff, put the address into the WBM and look at the snapshot:
https://archive.org/

For some sites you can also just hit refresh, and then hit the X to stop it from reloading, right after the article text loads but just before the paywall block comes up. Doesn’t work for everything, and might have to do it a few times to get the timing right, but that’s usually what I do for the NYTimes.

Libgen.rs is a really good resource for accessing free copies of academic writings/articles too

I pulled my wife's laptop out, as she didn't have history on the sites I needed, and was able to screenshot the article I needed, but that archive thing worked too. Thanks! I'll definitely use that in the future. 

backone

• Rep: 8
« Reply #23629 on: September 23, 2021, 02:41:59 AM »
I've got Achilles tendinitis/tendinopathy. If I skate, pushing really hurts for the first 10 minutes then eases off a fair bit but will hurt more the next day. Resting it doesn't help much. The most compelling rehab regime I've found is the Alfredson Protocol which involves doing 180 reps of heel drops on a stair every day. It's meant to hurt, and you are supposed to push through the pain. 12 weeks of this, apparently.... I'm on like day 3 of these exercises. I don't know whether I should keep skating lightly or if this is hindering the recovery. Sucks balls

sketchyrider

« Reply #23630 on: September 23, 2021, 08:29:06 AM »
i feel like complaining about having adhd in here so i guess i will. forget school and work, its hard to pay attention to stuff that sucks normal people in like movies and video games.

the good news is the pills work, bad news is you have to deal with a controlled substance, and its not like its a great feeling when you're on them.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23631 on: September 23, 2021, 04:31:33 PM »
I'm having a breakdown

I can't breathe. The pain under my ribcage that I been call attention to for 10 years is overwhelming me. I swear I got cancer but the Drs think I'm insane. They believe it's an old skating injury and say they see nothing but there's a surface mark now.
It's like a tiny wart that has roots in my lungs.

The mechanic I dropped my car off called me for help. This wasn't a bad thing because I'm trying to flex my skills. I am a mechanic I just got no lift and no tools.

The coil over jumped out of the strut and the clip bent. He said that the manufacturers is at fault but I'm like 4 months away from delivery date. Also I'm pretty sure ECS is skater owned and operated. I'm going to sent the photo of the coilover that fucked up but I'm like 99% I'm buying one.

He doesn't wanna do the bushings. I almost cried. I can do frickin coilovers!!

I prey that after I pay the 4 hrs I will get the question.

Hey can I call you to work for me sometime?

The album I'm co producer/engineer on is stalling out. It seems I'm the only one who gives a shit.

This album is going to be an instant classic and the primary writer's moving to fla.

We need to finish this.

I can't breathe. I'm broke af. My car sucks. I'm supposed to start training on Monday and I don't wanna be a drug counselor at all.

Im scared of the future
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #23632 on: September 23, 2021, 06:25:51 PM »
met the worst son of a bitch ive ever met this evening. be well flea

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23633 on: September 23, 2021, 06:31:48 PM »
met the worst son of a bitch ive ever met this evening. be well flea

TnxU2
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #23634 on: September 23, 2021, 08:20:31 PM »
Took some classes this semester to get out of the house, and stupidly took Organic Chem 2.  Shit is like learning an alien language.  I took Organic Chem 1 several years ago so I don’t remember the basics and I don’t  have any clue what I’m doing. 

School was shut down for a few weeks due to the hurricane, almost 2 weeks without power, everyone displaced, etc, so now the class is more condensed and there is no way in hell I can get caught up.  I can either drop and lose a bunch of money, but maintain my sanity for the next few months, or stay in, keep my financial aid, but risk failing after driving myself crazy trying to decipher this stuff
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23635 on: September 24, 2021, 04:11:24 AM »
The good niece had this boyfriend, cunt was a loser sounds asshole but he couldn’t even skate but full tried to, but that’s nothing to do with me

She rang me in tears cunt full cheated on her and laughed about it

Don’t wanna be that guy but it’s legit as to scare fuck out of him, right?

She told me he owes her 400 and he took her card and spent another 200 on the pokies
He told her he’ll pay her wed when he gets paid
I told her no chance, taking her round tomorrow cunt lives with his parents I’m just gonna take it off his parents and humiliate the cunt
listen to cosmic psychos

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23636 on: September 24, 2021, 04:12:54 AM »
Would it be legit to post that here cause I was gonna film it and put it in the group chat with the boys but we all mates here let me know
listen to cosmic psychos

backone

• Rep: 8
« Reply #23637 on: September 24, 2021, 04:30:18 AM »
I for one would love to see that

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #23638 on: September 24, 2021, 01:44:53 PM »
I just lost out on a part-time job opportunity today that would've lifted me right out of debt and would've been a big help to bring me the savings I need for a mortgage. An additional $10K I needed, gone.

And I lost it because I'm not fully vaccinated yet. They needed proof of a double vaccination right away.

And I didn't get fully vaccinated yet due to recent heart health/blood pressure issues, and also honestly, because my estranged wife (who now wants to divorce me partly because she thinks I'm poor) didn't want me to get vaccinated. She thought it would affect my sperm. She didn't think it was safe. She didn't get vaccinated. And I succumbed to that peer pressure, that fear.

The position won't budge for me. I got in touch with the higher-ups about it today, and the manager (who likes me) actually got upset with me for contacting them. The position will go to someone else and who knows if that opportunity will ever arise again.

Aside from developing my main career path, 2021 has been the absolute worst year on record.

But there's no point in chewing up my own sanity, wondering what could've been. I need to make do with what I have, look for new opportunities, and stay positive. 

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23639 on: September 24, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »
Took some classes this semester to get out of the house, and stupidly took Organic Chem 2.  Shit is like learning an alien language.  I took Organic Chem 1 several years ago so I don’t remember the basics and I don’t  have any clue what I’m doing. 

School was shut down for a few weeks due to the hurricane, almost 2 weeks without power, everyone displaced, etc, so now the class is more condensed and there is no way in hell I can get caught up.  I can either drop and lose a bunch of money, but maintain my sanity for the next few months, or stay in, keep my financial aid, but risk failing after driving myself crazy trying to decipher this stuff

Get a tutor and bust ass.