Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885992 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23730 on: November 06, 2021, 07:58:37 AM »
All the cumtown EPs got taken off YouTube.
Those boys could really riff.

quackquack

• Rep: -406
« Reply #23731 on: November 06, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »
I bought the wife a kitchen aid to make bread dough but now she has developed a passion for baking marvellous cakes, muffins and such. All good but I am on a diet not trying to eat any of that sweet stuff.  :'(

Oof, I'm in a similar boat in that my gal works at a bakery. Nothing makes you feel like more of an asshole then getting mad at someone for bringing you a croissant.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23732 on: November 06, 2021, 10:28:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I bought the wife a kitchen aid to make bread dough but now she has developed a passion for baking marvellous cakes, muffins and such. All good but I am on a diet not trying to eat any of that sweet stuff.  :'(
[close]

Oof, I'm in a similar boat in that my gal works at a bakery. Nothing makes you feel like more of an asshole then getting mad at someone for bringing you a croissant.

I feel you bro. I lost my beer gut thanks to my diet so when she tries to make me eat that sweet stuff I just ask her if she wants overweight me back which usually does the trick.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23733 on: November 06, 2021, 10:50:02 AM »
If you do skate with him, it might convince him that you're not on the same level and he might get embarrassed and not try and suggest it any more. That's happened to me before when longboard acquaintances want to tag along

My first year of college.  I went school out of state and didn't know too many people.  I was really into finding spots.  I waxed up a couple ledges and curbs. This weird emo rollerblading guy from my dorm wanted to skate with me, I said, "Sure."  It was lame to say the least.  Not the same.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #23734 on: November 06, 2021, 12:03:09 PM »
Just read about what happened at ASTRO WORLD last night. Huge fucking tragedy. 9 dead so far, hundreds injured.Hope the families of those killed and the people injured sue ticketmaster into oblivion. Also fuck Travis Scott for not stopping the concert. Real scumbag shit

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23735 on: November 07, 2021, 01:35:28 AM »
Double layered not stoked.

1:Just saw new sls course and it fucking sucks. They keep making these shit parks where it's completely mirrored. I know it's so it's equal for everybody but they had it equal for a decade and they didn't just design half a park and then mirror it. Then they act like it's a great thing they leave the parks there.
 If I put in that much effort to get a park in my hometown and I just got essentially a big set of stairs and some random things mirrored instead of a good design I'd be pretty bummed.

2:why do I even give a shit. Before covid I probably saw maybe 6 comps over 20 years now I've watched every sls X Games dew tour Olympics Tampa whatever. I can't make it thru more than 15 mins trying to watch any other sports. Skateboarding has become for me what cricket is to old guys.

Fhk

« Reply #23736 on: November 07, 2021, 05:28:07 PM »
Just read about what happened at ASTRO WORLD last night. Huge fucking tragedy. 9 dead so far, hundreds injured.Hope the families of those killed and the people injured sue ticketmaster into oblivion. Also fuck Travis Scott for not stopping the concert. Real scumbag shit
Absolutely terrible. That dude is a fucking piece of shit. His half ass fake apology was disgusting.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #23737 on: November 07, 2021, 05:40:51 PM »
today

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23738 on: November 07, 2021, 05:56:15 PM »
my best bud might be seriously ill. they found cancerous cells. it seems they found it early though. he's getting a total screening next week. his doc says he thinks this is so early it's probably harmless, but i'm scared for him nonetheless.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23739 on: November 07, 2021, 05:59:31 PM »
i hope he gets well and fast. sending good wishes

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23740 on: November 07, 2021, 06:29:37 PM »
I made the mistake of checking out the beautiful women thread again and gave myself a serious sad.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #23741 on: November 07, 2021, 07:34:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Absolutely terrible. That dude is a fucking piece of shit. His half ass fake apology was disgusting.
It definitely wasn’t an apology. I’m sure his legal team advised him not to apologize because that would imply responsibility. 

I know someone who went to the show and fucked his leg up badly. In addition to 8 dead, there’s a 10yo in critical condition. Fuck this dude. It sucks we let him pose as a skater for his SB Dunk.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23742 on: November 07, 2021, 08:00:04 PM »
i hope he gets well and fast. sending good wishes

thank you.

and i hope tomorrow will be a day for you to be stoked on.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #23743 on: November 08, 2021, 10:39:55 AM »
school shooting threat in 2nd block today, was in a code red forever and now im just fuckin shook up for the rest of the day

my hypervigilance always kicks in during these things, whether it be drills or a serious threat such as today, and it takes forever to come back down

just glad it didnt become reality.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23744 on: November 09, 2021, 02:02:24 AM »
Legit just melted myself in the shower. Hot water heater was 35+ years old and died so I got a new one. Usually I'd turn on the shower wait a bit then get in and it would still be mostly running cold.
Forgot about the new heater so after waiting a bit got in and instantly burned my ear neck shoulder arm. Also I'm very dumb because I did the same thing like two days ago so now I'm burned on where I already burned.
If I reach peak level dumbness and do it again I'll probably have to go to hospital haha.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #23745 on: November 09, 2021, 06:00:41 AM »
For the first time in my life, I’m not looking forward to winter.

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #23746 on: November 10, 2021, 06:03:41 AM »

I had the same realization the other day. Something about it just seems extra daunting this year.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23747 on: November 10, 2021, 06:19:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had the same realization the other day. Something about it just seems extra daunting this year.

I assume you guys are doing full gnarly snow etc. Never even really seen snow. Don't know how people do it.
We're about to have a summer that will be like 125 with full thick smoke/no oxygen. Your car and non air-conditioned rooms can get to 140+.  Very not stoked.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #23748 on: November 10, 2021, 06:32:35 AM »
Just snapped my Reuter egg my wife got me for my birthday and I go back to El Paso on Monday. Silver lining I’m skating with a pal who lives out there so that’s rad.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #23749 on: November 10, 2021, 10:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I assume you guys are doing full gnarly snow etc. Never even really seen snow. Don't know how people do it.
We're about to have a summer that will be like 125 with full thick smoke/no oxygen. Your car and non air-conditioned rooms can get to 140+.  Very not stoked.

Jesus, that summer sounds way more brutal than winter. In winter its only cold if you go outside, and unless you have to be out there for long periods of time, its not terrible. The worst part is just being couped up, looking out at grey skys and dead trees for months. I'll take freezing temps over heavy snow, but even snow doesn't seem as bad as 120-140 degree heat. Do you just sit around and melt all summer?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23750 on: November 10, 2021, 10:52:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Jesus, that summer sounds way more brutal than winter. In winter its only cold if you go outside, and unless you have to be out there for long periods of time, its not terrible. The worst part is just being couped up, looking out at grey skys and dead trees for months. I'll take freezing temps over heavy snow, but even snow doesn't seem as bad as 120-140 degree heat. Do you just sit around and melt all summer?
It's funny a few years ago it would only be a few days that were like 120+ now that's the average for a few weeks. And the fires would only be really bad every 3-6 years so you could usually breath and even still go skate if you were really keen. It's kind of the same as you with the cold tho it's only bad if you go outside for a long time.
Good air con goes a long way. my bedrooms on the side of the house that's in the sun from sunrise to sunset so it's basically a no go area for the summer.
Last year legit nearly died because there was a power out while I was sleeping and when I woke up it was like being in an oven. Got heatstroke or something passed out on the garage floor where it's cold, woke up like 8 hours later, felt shit for like the whole next week. Then found out from a neighbour the fire department evacuated my street because the fires were really close but I slept thru it haha

I guess at least being hot is cheaper. Don't need special clothes or anything

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23751 on: November 10, 2021, 06:04:26 PM »
squirrel menu downgraded to peanuts from health food store walnuts

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #23752 on: November 11, 2021, 05:36:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It definitely wasn’t an apology. I’m sure his legal team advised him not to apologize because that would imply responsibility. 

I know someone who went to the show and fucked his leg up badly. In addition to 8 dead, there’s a 10yo in critical condition. Fuck this dude. It sucks we let him pose as a skater for his SB Dunk.

He was never even on my radar before but the more I learn about this guy, the more I figure out what a real p.o.s. he is. Hope he's forced to go away and never come back.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23753 on: November 12, 2021, 07:08:44 AM »
Daylight savings + work is kicking my ass these days . I get to work and it’s dark, I get home and it’s dark. Since Sunday, I’ve seen maybe 10 mins of sunlight. Add a huge work week to that, and I’m fucking exhausted. I get off early today, but it’s dark and we’re supposed to be getting an inch of rain, plus it’s cold as fuck.

I have no energy and no motivation to do anything but chill. This is the second jiu-jitsu training session I’ve cancelled this week, something I absolutely love as some of you may know.

Fuck daylight savings.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #23754 on: November 13, 2021, 09:39:12 AM »
I'm feeling down and out.

I can't skate.  I'm having trouble going outside.

I have an interview for a condo coming up in the next like 2 months I know they are going to deny me.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #23755 on: November 14, 2021, 04:31:52 AM »
An ex called me out of the blue, she then talked about how my dog had died, and said they we're sorry and that they'd drawn a picture of my dog (which was very weird). Then they sorta spiraled down into yelling at me about how they "still loved me but didn't care about me anymore". The whole thing just left a bad fucking taste in my mouth. Dunno what else to say but what a crazy bitch lmao

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #23756 on: November 15, 2021, 11:09:39 AM »
Getting ghosted by this girl I had a date with. The thing is that it went so fucking well, I don't understand. She was so cool, I am bummed.
Feeling unlovable right now, I know I am projecting but I'll be better in a few days anyways
check my music

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #23757 on: November 15, 2021, 06:00:50 PM »
Getting ghosted by this girl I had a date with. The thing is that it went so fucking well, I don't understand. She was so cool, I am bummed.
Feeling unlovable right now, I know I am projecting but I'll be better in a few days anyways

Nah, don't feel that way. Maybe something came up. Or maybe she's just not the chick for you. You'll bounce back.

I'm not stoked that the stress from school has me feeling like I've got lock jaw.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #23758 on: November 15, 2021, 06:59:07 PM »
A girl I knew in high school shot herself a couple of weeks ago. Another from high school was shot by her boyfriend tonight she is in critical condition and the coward killed himself. I hope she pulls through.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #23759 on: November 16, 2021, 12:10:15 AM »
I'm feeling down and out.

I can't skate.  I'm having trouble going outside.

I have an interview for a condo coming up in the next like 2 months I know they are going to deny me.

It will work out. Things always do.

@matty_c

How often do you see these types of beasts?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/16/australia/megaspider-australia-venom-intl-hnk/index.html
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate