Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880950 times)

Andmoreagain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 51
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23760 on: November 15, 2021, 06:59:07 PM »
A girl I knew in high school shot herself a couple of weeks ago. Another from high school was shot by her boyfriend tonight she is in critical condition and the coward killed himself. I hope she pulls through.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1537
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #23761 on: November 16, 2021, 12:10:15 AM »
I'm feeling down and out.

I can't skate.  I'm having trouble going outside.

I have an interview for a condo coming up in the next like 2 months I know they are going to deny me.

It will work out. Things always do.

@matty_c

How often do you see these types of beasts?
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/16/australia/megaspider-australia-venom-intl-hnk/index.html
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

letsdancebro

• Rep: -5
« Reply #23762 on: November 16, 2021, 07:40:17 AM »
this site. its over controlled, it used to be fun to talk to people on slap. idk if its m.od preference or paid for, i know alot stuff is paid for on here but medical influence? just said not gettin it no anti crazy shit, deleted the comment too, wateva

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #23763 on: November 16, 2021, 07:56:42 AM »
Expand Quote

I have an interview for a condo coming up in the next like 2 months I know they are going to deny me.
[close]

@matty_c

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/16/australia/megaspider-australia-venom-intl-hnk/index.html

Obviously I'm not Matty c but I live kinda where those spiders are supposed to be common and I've only seen about five in my entire life. Probably about half that size or less and I've worked outside most my life and done a lot of landscaping etc.
The Australia has dangerous animals thing is very overblown. The only animal that will attack you is some dickheads Pitbull. America has all the same dangerous animals but also moose, elk, mountain lions, wolves, coyotes, vipers, anacondas and fucking bears.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #23764 on: November 16, 2021, 09:21:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

@matty_c

[close]

Obviously I'm not Matty c but I live kinda where those spiders are supposed to be common and I've only seen about five in my entire life. Probably about half that size or less and I've worked outside most my life and done a lot of landscaping etc.
The Australia has dangerous animals thing is very overblown. The only animal that will attack you is some dickheads Pitbull. America has all the same dangerous animals but also moose, elk, mountain lions, wolves, coyotes, vipers, anacondas and fucking bears.

Realistically, how dangerous are kangaroos? Those things look like they want to tear you apart.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23765 on: November 16, 2021, 09:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

@matty_c

[close]

[close]

Realistically, how dangerous are kangaroos? Those things look like they want to tear you apart.

Potentially very dangerous but realistically nothing bad ever really happens.  If you're an idiot and go around bothering them then yeah youre likely to get fucked up otherwise they generally want nothing to do with people and will run away before you even get close. Maybe comparable to a deer or something. Does it feel cornered or think youre a threat to it's young etc.
I used to ride my bicycle to work along this river at sunrise and you literally couldn't see shit. You had to just look at the front wheel because the sun would be so intense anyway there's this grass area I'd cut across and I stupidly rode straight into the middle of a group of like 30 kangaroos. I didn't even see them at first but just them hopping I thought was an earthquake. One was hopping next to me and it's back was the same height as my bike I stopped and within like half a second it was 50m away turned 180 and came charging straight back at me. I couldn't do shit I just stood there on my bike watching it flying towards me when it got like 2 feet away it turned 90degress and was a dot in the horizon within about 4 seconds.

Anyway you don't have to be scared of them just pay attention. Also they could just run you over a hundred times worse than they could kick you.
Oh and hitting one while driving is absolutely fucked.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23766 on: November 16, 2021, 04:15:12 PM »
Trying to find an apartment that allows pets is fucking brutal.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #23767 on: November 16, 2021, 04:33:20 PM »
no bunt epi this week

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23768 on: November 16, 2021, 10:05:36 PM »
Long week for sure... and I almost killed some rural junkie a minute ago.

I parked and started gathering up all my shit to bring inside the house. This dude pops up out of nowhere and crosses right in front of my car. I thought to myself, "Where the fuck did he come from? Where is going at this hour?" He goes around to the passenger door and grabs the handle. I throw the car into reverse and hit the gas.

He looses his grip on the door and now he isn't sure what to do. He just stands there looking at me. I toss it into drive and get the fuck out of there. I'm assuming he just mistook me for his dealer, but I wasn't sticking around to find out.

Extra annoying, the parking spot was right in front of where I'm staying for the night, so I had to park around the block and walk back. This is my second to last night in this town and I will hopefully, never ever ever come back.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #23769 on: November 17, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »
weather the last 2 days. i dont even feel like bagwrapping the board and going to this underground just to get kicked out in 15 mins. hopefully tomorrow is a sk8 day. and the opera. shits annoying

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #23770 on: November 18, 2021, 07:54:21 AM »
Julius Jones is set to be executed today at 4:00 pm, central standard time. Waiting and hoping for the white governor of Oklahoma to save an innocent man’s life is gut wrenching.

Here is a link from NPR with more information in regards to the case and updates as the hour grows nearer. As well as some quotes from the innocence project in regards to how his trial played out.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/18/1056753071/activists-call-on-oklahoma-governor-to-stop-julius-jones-execution

https://innocenceproject.org/julius-jones-death-row-oklahoma-what-to-know/

The impact of racial bias in Julius’ Jones’ case:

1. Mr. Howell, a white man, was killed in a predominantly white neighborhood. Immediately, then District Attorney Bob Macy characterized the crime as an act of violence committed by Black men, fueled by drugs. This narrative was perpetuated by media coverage.

2. The officer who arrested Mr. Jones called him the n-word and dared him to run, then implied he would shoot him if he did.

3. Eleven out of the 12 jurors at Mr. Jones’ trial were white, and one juror referred to Mr. Jones by the n-word, and suggested that he be taken out behind the courthouse and shot.

4. One-third of District Attorney Macy’s death penalty convictions have been overturned due to prosecutorial misconduct. Many of those whose convictions were vacated are Black people. To date, 10 people sentenced to death in murder cases in Oklahoma have been exonerated.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Donatello

• Rep: 2
« Reply #23771 on: November 18, 2021, 08:29:05 AM »
Trying to find an apartment that allows pets is fucking brutal.
I feel you on this. Can either live in the fucking boondocks with a pet or live downtown where everything is banned.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #23772 on: November 18, 2021, 09:41:22 AM »
the scene probably lost the vegan restaurant that was kind enough to host hardcore shows because an asshole was moshing into the drywall and putting holes through it, and proceeded to try and scrap with the promoters of the show when they kicked him out because of it. a hole then somehow appeared in the floor from moshing and the restaurant had to shut the show down early.

big bummer, was a really good venue for a really good scene...

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Kattes

• Rep: 2
« Reply #23773 on: November 18, 2021, 10:53:23 AM »
I can't go out until I get an overall average of at least 90.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23774 on: November 19, 2021, 11:34:48 PM »
I used to be 6'6 (well like 6 foot 5.9) now I'm just a smidge over 6'4. When I was 6'6 I would of much prefered to be a bit shorter but not by having fucked up discs in my neck and back.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #23775 on: November 20, 2021, 10:04:39 AM »
Work is fucked. My coworkers in my unit are all blaming my immediate supervisor for things that are out of her control. Like going way above her with it too. I don’t want any part of it. It’s not fair to her to not have the chance to defend herself, and I have to work with these other people, so I’m just staying out of it. I’m new to this agency but I’ve been working in the field longer than most of them, and I’ve never seen a group of adults talk about things “not being fair” before. I have 6 more months and I can try to transfer to a different unit, just going to keep my head down until then.

Also, I’m just tired. The time change, the holidays, traffic, work. It’s all adding up. I have no outlets right now, and what usually happens I end up going on a bender for a few weeks. Hasn’t happened yet and I’m hoping this skate session we’ve got scheduled helps. The post skate burrito and beer is what I look forward to the most these days.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23776 on: November 20, 2021, 10:17:38 AM »
Work is fucked. My coworkers in my unit are all blaming my immediate supervisor for things that are out of her control. Like going way above her with it too. I don’t want any part of it. It’s not fair to her to not have the chance to defend herself, and I have to work with these other people, so I’m just staying out of it. I’m new to this agency but I’ve been working in the field longer than most of them, and I’ve never seen a group of adults talk about things “not being fair” before. I have 6 more months and I can try to transfer to a different unit, just going to keep my head down until then.

Also, I’m just tired. The time change, the holidays, traffic, work. It’s all adding up. I have no outlets right now, and what usually happens I end up going on a bender for a few weeks. Hasn’t happened yet and I’m hoping this skate session we’ve got scheduled helps. The post skate burrito and beer is what I look forward to the most these days.

rooting for you buck. seems like you're the only level headed person in that unit. hope you can hold out without that bender!

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #23777 on: November 21, 2021, 07:36:24 AM »
Tried to nicely teach a young kid at the park etiquette -  to watch for others first (not to snake) - and their mom went postal on me to not talk to their kid and let them skate.

Kid went without looking first and got t-boned. Now the mom is yelling at everyone about watching for her kid

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #23778 on: November 22, 2021, 03:09:41 PM »
Trying to buy my brother an Xbox series x online is damn near impossible. My best bet is going to the mall on Black Friday and fighting everyone off
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:13:55 AM by willphansbiggestfan »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23779 on: November 23, 2021, 12:37:45 PM »
^Quality brother right here. I usually get mine some Nikes and call it a day.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #23780 on: November 23, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
Trying to buy my brother an Xbox series x online is damn near impossible. My best bet is going to the mall on Black Friday and fighting everyone off

May the force be with you. There’s so many things going against anyone trying to get the new, next gen consoles:

1) Chip shortage and slowed production and therefore there’s fewer units in each delivery

2) Resellers are botting every drop so they can slang em for double the cost. And knowing there’s a chip shortage, they’re charging over $1k because they know the units aren’t there.

Good luck, my friend. I’m rooting for you.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23781 on: November 24, 2021, 02:31:54 PM »
Trying to get my credit score up because I'm trying to move. The only thing I can do right now is pay off my car. The thing is they say that shit would actually lower my score because it would shorten my credit history. What do they want me to do, take on debt?(of course they do) Fuck that. I don't owe anybody anything and my credit card debt is below a third of my limit, but I can't seem to crack 700. Credit scores are bullshit. I wanna live in a cash world.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #23782 on: November 25, 2021, 01:34:47 AM »
Found a lump in my nutsack the other day.
Could be nothing, could be something.
On my way to dr now.

e: most likely nothing, some trapped tallow most likely. Ultrasound it to make sure.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 02:58:48 AM by whale »

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23783 on: November 25, 2021, 09:19:43 AM »
I’m one of the first aid people at my job.

I don’t know what’s going on today, but since 7am:

A forklift driver broke his ankle

A guy got his thumb stuck in a machine, luckily it’s only broken

Another guy cut himself with a box cutter because he wasn’t wearing his saftey gloves. Because gloves are mandatory for handling anything that can cut, dude won’t be getting unemoyment insurance since he didn’t follow rules.

And some girl fainted for no reason.

It’s only noon, can this fucking day end ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:48:49 AM by TheBoognish »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23784 on: November 28, 2021, 07:42:47 PM »
@L33Tg33k Good luck. Credit scores are dumb. I'm waiting for a single late payment to fall off my credit score. Shit happened 5 years ago (I simply forgot I owed the bank 25 dollars) and it is still fucking up my score.

@whale good luck dude. Hopefully, the ultra sound confirms it is nothing.

My shit is relatively small, but it is haunting me. I was doing some shit the other day and on camera someone asked me some question about skateboarding. It was a question that doesn't make sense and I should have said, "Dude, I don't fucking know." Instead, caving to the pressure to say something, I gave the stupidest fucking answer that makes me look like I a complete dipshit.

Almost as bad as the time I was on a skate trip and I was filmed walking around with toilet paper sticking out of my pants.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #23785 on: November 28, 2021, 08:08:05 PM »
Idk where to talk about this since I don’t have family and I don’t want to unload it on friends, so I’ll just post it here.

My health has been bumming me out, I’ve had constant issues for the past year and a half but doctors don’t know what’s wrong, or don’t even try to assess my health.

I’m constantly fatigued, lymph nodes in my neck are always swollen, heart palpitations, constant throat pain, dull pain in my abdomen, constant need to go to the toilet (both 1&2), loss of appetite, nausea, panic attacks, zero motivation or emotions. I just feel like I’m dying and I’ve gone to the doctors multiple times but they just prescribe me throat medicine/antibiotics or medicine to ease anxiety. I’m worried I have cancer or something, but it seems they don’t take me seriously cause I’m fairly young and my blood tests don’t seem to come back too poorly. I just don’t know what’s wrong.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23786 on: November 28, 2021, 08:35:34 PM »
Idk where to talk about this since I don’t have family and I don’t want to unload it on friends, so I’ll just post it here.

My health has been bumming me out, I’ve had constant issues for the past year and a half but doctors don’t know what’s wrong, or don’t even try to assess my health.

I’m constantly fatigued, lymph nodes in my neck are always swollen, heart palpitations, constant throat pain, dull pain in my abdomen, constant need to go to the toilet (both 1&2), loss of appetite, nausea, panic attacks, zero motivation or emotions. I just feel like I’m dying and I’ve gone to the doctors multiple times but they just prescribe me throat medicine/antibiotics or medicine to ease anxiety. I’m worried I have cancer or something, but it seems they don’t take me seriously cause I’m fairly young and my blood tests don’t seem to come back too poorly. I just don’t know what’s wrong.
Fuck dude bummer. I have literally the same thing since 2015. Finally found an ok doctor like a year ago but even still I'm at a point where he is just like dunno man I've done everything I can think of. Also I have some spine problems so they like to just be like "yeah maybe it's connected to that" meanwhile I'm just trying to be able to breathe normally or not have my heart beating all shitty.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #23787 on: November 29, 2021, 05:43:06 AM »

i'm really sorry to hear that, i have had similar problems with doctors not taking me seriously and not looking for the cause of my problems. i can only recommend looking for a younger doc that sort of in your age and might empathize with you. i feel like lots of the older docs don't even take you seriously unless blood values suggest something gnarly. my doc is now same age as me and i feel like he just has more empathy for my problems. the others would say shit like "yeah, stuff breaks when you get older..." and dismiss me, whereas he is taking every problem serious, even the minor ones.

EDIT:

the fact that they prescribed you antibiotics would suggest that the docs at least think it's possible you have some sort of bacterial or fungal infection. if they don't know the pathogen though it's kind of dumb to take them... as in questionable that they gave you the right one for the right pathogen they suggested. they may have given you some sort of broadband antibiotic that still failed to attack the actual pathogen if they never checked what it is.
could be a good idea if you could somehow get screened for a wide range of viral infections. there are some very complex ones that lead to syndromes that sound like what you have. i also wouldn't rule out a funghal infection if you happen to have encountered mold at your home or even tooth decay/rot as part of the problem.

but another thing: try to force yourself to eat, even when you're nauseous. it makes a ton of a difference if you manage to get some food into you after waking up and hydrate yourself. if you're body is working something out like this illness, it needs this energy more than usually. if you can't eat solid things just buy protein shakes and chug one. just get something in and drink enough water.

look i'm not a doc, but all your problems are occuring along your gastric system basically. i am very sure that you will already feel a little better when you get your eating behavior fixed. stay hydrated because that helps with the lining of your stomach organs which will make you feel less nervous down there. avoid excessive amounts of sugar and salt for some time and see how it goes. you can buy stuff like psyllium that will help you not having to go to the shitter thrice a day.

so sorry for the long edit post, but basically do this:

1. get good doctor that you trust, don't even let someone you feel is the same type asshole treat you, just bounce and go to the next

2. ask for viral blood scan and if you can afford, scans of your gastrointestinal tract and throat to make sure there's no cancer or other growths. another good idea would be to check if you are allergic against something. maybe you have a reaction against something that is always around you, and you don't even know it.

3. change your diet no matter what the outcome was, find something you can eat even when you're nauseous in the morning, make a habit out of drinking a tall glass of water at least every two hours if you are a notorious forgetter of hydrating yourself.

hope you find a doc that cares for your problem.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 06:14:40 AM by Frank »

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23788 on: November 29, 2021, 09:18:43 AM »
My best friend is setting himself up for disaster and I don’t know what to do.

He’s been dating this girl for about a year, is madly in love with her (takes a few days for him to fall in love), and the girl clearly is not into him as much as he’s into her. He’s so blind about it, too, it’s gotten almost pathetic.

Well on Friday night I saw his GF on Tinder “looking for something serious”. So I did what any best friend would do, I did a screen shot of her Tinder profile and sent it to him telling him he should probably have a chat with her.

For my friend, a woman is a pure, mythical creature that can do no wrong whatsoever. He is completely incapable of saying no and will believe ANYTHING a woman tells him. He’s been played by every single one of his ex’s without exception. His last ex fucked all three of his former room mates in the same night and within days everyone was forgiven like nothing had happened.

He gave me the most pathetic, naive, gullible, and limp-dicked answer I’ve ever heard in regards to her being on Tinder without him knowing: “Her friends must be playing a prank on her and hacked her. Yeah that has to be it”.

So her friends, in their early 30’s mind you, somehow got a hold of her phone, unlocked it, went through the trouble of setting her up with a Tinder account, wrote a carefully worded bio, set up nice pictures and went through the trouble of linking her Spotify and IG profiles to said profile ? … as a prank ?? This make any fucking sense to you ?

“Yeah I can’t see why else she’d be on it, that’s gotta be it”

Had he been in front of me, I would have slapped him for being so dumb and blind.

He’s very depression prone and has bad alcoholic tendencies. It’s been like this since I’ve known him and I know it’s coming, yet he refuses to listen to me because somehow women never lie. Everytime a girl has left him, it was the end of the world. He’d get blackout drunk and call me crying at 3 in the morning regularly. He’d go hard on the booze and blow for a couple of months and it’d be a major shit show the whole time.

I truly don’t know what to do. I’m cool with helping him through tough times, but fuck, I’ve been playing therapist with him for close to ten years and quite frankly, I’m getting tired of it, he refuses to change.

He’s about to turn 33, I can’t take him by the hand his whole life.

(Apologies for the wall of text, that shit fired me up)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:43:06 AM by TheBoognish »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #23789 on: November 30, 2021, 07:08:12 PM »
School shooting a few towns over from mine. I believe only three are dead and a handful are injured. Most likely won't even make national news because this type of thing is normal in the greatest country in the world.

I also heard that the kid who did it made threats to shoot up the school in the past, but nobody did anything about it. Seems like the go-to solution for these types of situations.