Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880879 times)

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #23790 on: December 01, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »
rock salt

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #23791 on: December 01, 2021, 04:18:37 PM »
The old man's been wearing a pair of Mikey Taylor DC's.

Brguy

« Reply #23792 on: December 02, 2021, 06:43:52 AM »
My back's been killing me every time I skate, I'm afraid I might have a herniated disc.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23793 on: December 02, 2021, 05:24:26 PM »
Foods getting dumb expensive now in Aus. Just spent nearly $400 on a pretty basic groceries. Meat,fruit,veg all seem to have doubled in price from a couple months ago. Have to figure out how to make shit without capsicums cos I'm not spending $14pk for them

nesta.

• Rep: 5
« Reply #23794 on: December 02, 2021, 05:45:35 PM »
My girlfriend and I broke up a few days ago. We’d been dating for a year and despite there being times that I’d questioned our compatibility and how sustainable we were as a couple, I always thought it was worth it to try and work through our difficulties. I’m fucking devastated. She’d been pretty distant for the last 10 days or so of the relationship and had no trouble communicating why- I honestly hadn’t been the best partner to her. Her emotional needs, which she clearly communicated often, weren’t being met and me, being cared for so well, became too comfortable and complacent and didn’t put in the effort to match her energy despite months of intimate conversations about this very topic. Classic case of the guy taking things for granted and not knowing how much he really had until it’s gone.

We live together and are on good terms. We’re both ebbing and flowing on the verge of mental breakdowns (me moreso) and caring for each other despite the circumstances. She’s definitely not happy with the situation either but felt it was the right move and while I want more than anything to dedicate everything to bettering myself and making it work, I don’t blame her for holding steady. I’m really beating myself up and feeling like a total scumbag piece of shit for fucking up something so great that should have been so simple (not necessarily easy, mind you) to fix and just generally not treating her the way she deserves to be treated. I wasn’t as nice as I should have been. “Not stoked” is an understatement. I’m going back and forth between wanting to die and trying to convince myself that things will look up at some point. God knows I’m living in hell for now, though.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 07:20:00 PM by nesta. »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23795 on: December 02, 2021, 06:50:47 PM »
^^Good luck dude.

And don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe you weren't perfect, but maybe you weren't taking care of her cause you were over it.

And, I think we all regret any sort of loss, even when we know it is for the better: I've regretted quitting jobs I fucking hated; I've regretted bailing on relationships that were bound to be nightmares; I've regretted bailing on relationships that were nightmares; and so on. It is only with a bit of distance that I can say, "Fuck me, how did I ever believe that was live-able?"

Try not to hyper-focus on the good of what you are giving up without recognizing all the bad that you are freeing yourself from.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #23796 on: December 02, 2021, 08:55:09 PM »
Homework fights at 9pm with a second grader. Dad life too real.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23797 on: December 04, 2021, 07:23:04 PM »
Fucking dipshit Russel Brand. Everytime I open YouTube I'm recommended videos by this dickhead talking about how fucked Australia is. For anyone who cares at all Australia is and has been perfectly fine. Occasionally you have to wear a mask in certain businesses. That's about it.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23798 on: December 05, 2021, 01:20:54 PM »
goblins. russel brand is cringe too tho hes got that joe rogan podcast yoga adultery vibes. uppity twat

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #23799 on: December 05, 2021, 07:28:07 PM »
Downloaded the latest Mac OS ‘Monterey’. Installation was weird and very long and now my computer’s all fucked up.

Goddamn it

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #23800 on: December 07, 2021, 06:20:38 AM »
Woke up early today to get in a session at the skatepark – it's raining.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #23801 on: December 07, 2021, 09:50:55 AM »
After waiting months to get physical therapy they put me with a random who had zero interest in discussing my health and correcting my form.
It's a 45 minute commute each way to get a 25 minute session in a tiny, budget facility. My initial intake PT person was great, but I think I can only get in to see her once month at most.
The space has a cool exercise bike with special rotating handles for people with wrist/hand issues, but besides that its a fucking void.

The radiology office my insurance accepted to do my MRI apparently doesn't have a working phone number right now. I've been trying to get an appointment since Dec 2.
Getting medical appointments during the holidays is endless hold muzak and being repeatedly disconnected by staffs or automated dead end extensions.

Welcome to my nightmare. LOL

The good news is I have improved my anterior pelvic tilt a bit on my own and when I find a good PT person they can help me fold that into my routine. But that may be a long way off.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23802 on: December 07, 2021, 03:07:20 PM »
closest shop is pretty wack and theres a zumiez otherwise. so i gotta go kinda far for 1 or 2 other shops worth a shit. which is a pretty luxurious complaint i guess because its some petty 1st world problem. and hobgoblins. beatboxing too

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23803 on: December 07, 2021, 03:43:18 PM »
Downloaded the latest Mac OS ‘Monterey’. Installation was weird and very long and now my computer’s all fucked up.

Goddamn it

Two days later, computer’s still fucked. I’m about to throw a brick at it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #23804 on: December 08, 2021, 12:39:24 AM »
I get some heat for wearing my purple Dickies x Villani cord trousers.

Is it really corny for a 44 year old dude to wear those or are they just haters that are mad jelly of my fit?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #23805 on: December 08, 2021, 03:51:31 AM »

Is it really corny for a 44 year old dude to wear those or are they just haters that are mad jelly of my fit?

It's the latter, fuck 'em, you're on top of the world with all those guinea pigs.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23806 on: December 08, 2021, 04:05:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's the latter, fuck 'em, you're on top of the world with all those guinea pigs.

Thanks, I needed that  ;D
why come?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23807 on: December 08, 2021, 09:05:35 AM »
personal goal of not eating junk food for a while. its not fun

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23808 on: December 08, 2021, 09:11:01 AM »

Come to the Weight Loss Thread bro, you are not in this alone!
why come?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23809 on: December 08, 2021, 09:21:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ay thanks. guess i put on a slight bit of weight but tbh its not even noticeable and im not tryna diet or anything. its basically the lull of junk food. im not super tall but tall enough and look sorta lanky so ppl think im a twig. you know how it is like if the sesh is good wanting to buy a pizza on the way home etc. pizza. at 1 point i was facing a pie a day lmao. its been like 4 or 5 days. staying clear for another 7 at least. and ya dont even worry about the pants haters

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23810 on: December 09, 2021, 06:36:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
ay thanks. guess i put on a slight bit of weight but tbh its not even noticeable and im not tryna diet or anything. its basically the lull of junk food. im not super tall but tall enough and look sorta lanky so ppl think im a twig. you know how it is like if the sesh is good wanting to buy a pizza on the way home etc. pizza. at 1 point i was facing a pie a day lmao. its been like 4 or 5 days. staying clear for another 7 at least. and ya dont even worry about the pants haters

What really helped me kick (or at least tone down) junk food was an app called Sober Time. It’s an app that counts sober days for recovering addicts, I just put my addiction as “junk food”. Once the days start adding up, it gets really motivating. I stopped thinking about it totally after about 20 days.

I went almost four months without a single bit of junk food and felt fantastic, now I keep it for Friday and Saturday nights only. Other than that, it’s fairly healthy eating and no beer for the rest of the week.

Might be worth a try, you’ll probably end up realizing you were eating out of boredom like I was.

I’m down almost 20lbs since I’ve done that (and it isn’t water weight) I’m much more aware of what I’m eating these days.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:47:17 AM by TheBoognish »

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #23811 on: December 09, 2021, 08:15:22 AM »
Got sick. Hate being sick. Didn’t go to work today, but it’s not fun because I have mucus everywhere. Got it from my kid, who brought it home from school. Hadn’t been sick for like 2 years, basically since I had covid.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23812 on: December 09, 2021, 02:31:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

What really helped me kick (or at least tone down) junk food was an app called Sober Time. It’s an app that counts sober days for recovering addicts, I just put my addiction as “junk food”. Once the days start adding up, it gets really motivating. I stopped thinking about it totally after about 20 days.

I went almost four months without a single bit of junk food and felt fantastic, now I keep it for Friday and Saturday nights only. Other than that, it’s fairly healthy eating and no beer for the rest of the week.

Might be worth a try, you’ll probably end up realizing you were eating out of boredom like I was.

I’m down almost 20lbs since I’ve done that (and it isn’t water weight) I’m much more aware of what I’m eating these days.
man 4 months is good discipline. im thankful for the app suggestion but gonna try it the oldschool cold turkey way. scrapping the 7 days thing im gonna try not eating any shitty greasy or fried food for all of december. idk if i could do 4 months without pizza tbh hah. ya its best to keep a strict regiment. it was difficult today not to buy a sugary drink after the sesh

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #23813 on: December 10, 2021, 01:05:29 AM »
Not skating enough because of work, a significant other and horrible weather

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #23814 on: December 10, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »
Dr. Oz is running for Senate in my home state, and he'll probably win.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23815 on: December 10, 2021, 04:52:14 PM »

Another TV kook who is a complete quack and sells snake oil to the gullible, angry, and misinformed is running as a Republican, what a bummer.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #23816 on: December 10, 2021, 06:29:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Another TV kook who is a complete quack and sells snake oil to the gullible, angry, and misinformed is running as a Republican, what a bummer.

Wow. We deserve this reality.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #23817 on: December 10, 2021, 09:45:02 PM »
stummy hurt

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23818 on: December 10, 2021, 11:06:56 PM »
Still recovering from a bad cold I don‘t feel I should go skate in the cold and wet, but I am going to miss my second weekend of skating in a row, something that has never happened since my comeback.
why come?

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #23819 on: December 10, 2021, 11:33:54 PM »
I'm sorta bummed on the fact that society is collapsing.