Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1902629 times)

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24330 on: March 29, 2022, 10:15:31 AM »
Sorry for your loss, flea.

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
« Reply #24331 on: March 29, 2022, 06:31:44 PM »
Put my back out pretty much doing nothing just under two weeks ago. Been pretty much stuck on the couch since. Felt a bit better and had literally no food so had to go shops. About halfway thru I could feel shit starting to seize up again. Standing in line for like twenty mins (the supermarket I go to seriously only ever has one register open) I knew I was fucked. by the time I got to the register I couldn't bend at all I had to ask if someone could load up my stuff onto the conveyer and then put it back in the trolley for me. Pretty embarrassing especially with how I look I'm not old or anything they're just like wtf. Then it took me like half an hour to get the shit into the car. Now I'm back on the couch lol

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #24332 on: March 29, 2022, 06:50:27 PM »
i live in northern nsw {australia} and we are all being evacuated for the second time this month for floods, the one that happened at the start of the month was the biggest in white fella history, completely unprecedented and who knows what this one is doing. most people i know have already lost everything and are homeless or very near to being. shit is entirely fucked...
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #24333 on: March 30, 2022, 01:22:37 AM »
I’ve been back to my hometown a few months now and the project for the skatepark (that I started personally when I was 15, I’m 30 now) is getting close to realization.

Better late than never init?
Well I just saw the budget and they’re requalifying the surrounding area. Good shit if it wasn’t that from the 500k on the table they’re only putting 50k for the skatepark AND an mtb track that no one asked for.

I was fucking fuming last night I need to get the fuck outta here ASAP it’s gonna be soon anyways.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #24334 on: March 31, 2022, 04:24:49 PM »
Got woken up and had my house searched by police this morning. I havn't done anything personally. I always freeze and forget my rights in these situations so i'm also down about that.

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #24335 on: April 01, 2022, 02:37:52 AM »
We had good weather for like a week and then it has fucking snowed for like 3 days so no more skating out for a few days

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24336 on: April 01, 2022, 12:20:12 PM »
Got woken up and had my house searched by police this morning. I havn't done anything personally. I always freeze and forget my rights in these situations so i'm also down about that.

Wtd happened dude? That's pretty shitty. Had sheriff's come knocking last yr to ask about some neighborhood shit and somehow my girl remembered to not open the door and talk thru the window. Fuckin hell. I hope its all good for you
Support your local skate shop

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24337 on: April 02, 2022, 10:59:14 AM »
Im pretty sure that I am allergic to my new dog

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #24338 on: April 02, 2022, 01:27:25 PM »
I hate the police so fucking much. Those pig fuckers steal anything?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

DERBY

• Rep: 310
« Reply #24339 on: April 02, 2022, 02:36:34 PM »
this girl at my work and i have been crushing on each other for the last few months. today’s our first date and she backs up into a pillar. i was talking to her while she was doing so and distracted her. i feel so fucking bad.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #24340 on: April 03, 2022, 02:23:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I hate the police so fucking much. Those pig fuckers steal anything?

Wtd happened dude? That's pretty shitty. Had sheriff's come knocking last yr to ask about some neighborhood shit and somehow my girl remembered to not open the door and talk thru the window. Fuckin hell. I hope its all good for you

The house has been linked to graffiti stuff in the past. They took loads of items but nothing of my own. It's infuriating. They'll take hours to respond to urgent domestic violence situations but will raid houses over a bit of paint on the wall.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24341 on: April 03, 2022, 10:57:18 AM »
Smashed my pinky and ring finger knuckles on my left hand. Skating drunk of course. Hurts like hell, but better than it did. I probably fucked them up. I’ll go get it checked out I guess if doesn’t feel any better next couple days.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
« Reply #24342 on: April 03, 2022, 04:52:04 PM »
Smashed my pinky and ring finger knuckles on my left hand. Skating drunk of course. Hurts like hell, but better than it did. I probably fucked them up. I’ll go get it checked out I guess if doesn’t feel any better next couple days.

Same happened to me. Bar’s around the corner from my house and I had too many shots of 100 proof bourbon. Big hill right there, couldn’t resist. Next thing I know I’m coming to in the middle of this shitty gravel street with a huge gash in my chin, fucked up hand and two teeth have chips out of em. All for the love.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #24343 on: April 03, 2022, 10:50:00 PM »
First night on vacation. Lurking slap on the pot, pissing out of my butthole. Hilton hotel bar cobb salad did it.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24344 on: April 03, 2022, 11:05:26 PM »
Looks like Ric Leonetti had a son die:(.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #24345 on: April 04, 2022, 01:19:35 PM »
Don’t know how many of you know him or knew of him, but according to what I’ve seen on IG, Dime OG Eric Riedl has apparently passed away.

Skated with him a few times and dude was so insanely talented on a board, it was ridiculous.

Brguy

« Reply #24346 on: April 05, 2022, 02:33:05 PM »
Tendinitis at best, carpal tunnel at worst, also I hate needing to go to the doctor.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #24347 on: April 05, 2022, 09:27:13 PM »
Car broken into last night. Winter jacket stolen out of car.

Shit is going to be expensive to replace the window and the jacket was not cheap. Not to mention the time associated with dealing getting the window fixed.

Also, I had at least 5 Euros and 20 Canadian and 5 USD in the jacket. I'm annoyed for sure.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24348 on: April 06, 2022, 06:35:01 PM »
I don't mean to just hate on the nine club. I actually liked the first year or so. They had a highlight clip about making money in skateboarding and immediately it rubs me the wrong way. Don't try to make money just skate you'll get noticed and itl work out. Yeah maybe if you happened to live in Cali and be friends with other sponsored skaters. For the rest of the world not so much. It's clear none of these guys have ever actually had a job.
It's probably different now but I think Chima was the first Sydney guy who didn't also work full time and skate. There was Dane Burman but he pretty much lived in a squat and was actually in poverty.
I never had a chance but I had friends who were very good at skating and everyone was dirt poor while also working at least 40 hours a week actually labouring. Must of been nice to just wake up in the afternoon and leave mummy's house to go skate then get hooked up because you know the right people. Then brag about not giving Rodney Mullen footage.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24349 on: April 06, 2022, 09:05:02 PM »
looking at houses to buy. went to an open house yesterday on this little fixer upper. asking $320,000 for a 2 bedroom shitbox. serious fixer upper. I saw water stains on the skylight. I ask the realtor about insulation and he says "I don't know. Some of these house have it, some don't. You know they threw these things up quickly in the 70s..." There's a leak from the dishwasher. 15 year old hotwater heater. 2 closets. ancient forced hot air system. 25 year old roof. very small yard needs to be completely graded and re-fenced. no attic, no basement. I've lived here a minute and my friends bought houses here because it was cheap and decent. so I'm thinking to myself as I walked around "this is a $200k house tops." Shit last sold for $200,000 in 2019. House needs at least $50k in work to make it nice, so then after closing costs and repairs, if it did even sell for $320k, it's a $400,000 2 bedroom in a not great but not awful neighborhood. What kind of bullshit is that?

Was talking to my buddy who lives in a very, very nice house up the street from there, in fact, off the same street. Bought in 2018 and he said the asking price was 325,000- for a nice big 2 story house, 4 bedrooms, last on a dead end, with a fenced yard, hot tub, deck, etc. Said they got it for far less because it "needed some work." In 2018, we were all saying $300k plus for a house in Humboldt was too much. Then comes Covid and motherfucking people moving in from all over creation or swooping everything up and renting it out at 2x the traditional local rental price to pay their mortgage. Absolutely infuriating.

Fuck this shit. I'm seriously bummed the fuck out.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #24350 on: April 07, 2022, 06:10:58 AM »
looking at houses to buy. went to an open house yesterday on this little fixer upper. asking $320,000 for a 2 bedroom shitbox. serious fixer upper. I saw water stains on the skylight. I ask the realtor about insulation and he says "I don't know. Some of these house have it, some don't. You know they threw these things up quickly in the 70s..." There's a leak from the dishwasher. 15 year old hotwater heater. 2 closets. ancient forced hot air system. 25 year old roof. very small yard needs to be completely graded and re-fenced. no attic, no basement. I've lived here a minute and my friends bought houses here because it was cheap and decent. so I'm thinking to myself as I walked around "this is a $200k house tops." Shit last sold for $200,000 in 2019. House needs at least $50k in work to make it nice, so then after closing costs and repairs, if it did even sell for $320k, it's a $400,000 2 bedroom in a not great but not awful neighborhood. What kind of bullshit is that?

Was talking to my buddy who lives in a very, very nice house up the street from there, in fact, off the same street. Bought in 2018 and he said the asking price was 325,000- for a nice big 2 story house, 4 bedrooms, last on a dead end, with a fenced yard, hot tub, deck, etc. Said they got it for far less because it "needed some work." In 2018, we were all saying $300k plus for a house in Humboldt was too much. Then comes Covid and motherfucking people moving in from all over creation or swooping everything up and renting it out at 2x the traditional local rental price to pay their mortgage. Absolutely infuriating.

For real house prices are fucked up rn. Boston area I'm seeing a 450k house that was up for sale a month ago getting rented out for $4k/month. Seeing the price history on shit is insane too, like bought for 300k in 2016, now is selling for 480k.

Now that I got my money right everybody else did too hahaha :'(

Shit im bummed on rn I'm coming to terms that I might just hate skating. It's still all I think about at work and all I want to do but once I'm actually outside, riding my board, everything feels like shit, everything I do feels like shit, and I dread trying to do anything other than push because I know it won't work out the way I want it to. I think I need to take a break or change it up with something else for a bit, but running, boxing, video games, jerking off, nothing really hits the spot.

Brguy

« Reply #24351 on: April 07, 2022, 11:13:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

For real house prices are fucked up rn. Boston area I'm seeing a 450k house that was up for sale a month ago getting rented out for $4k/month. Seeing the price history on shit is insane too, like bought for 300k in 2016, now is selling for 480k.

Shit im bummed on rn I'm coming to terms that I might just hate skating. It's still all I think about at work and all I want to do but once I'm actually outside, riding my board, everything feels like shit, everything I do feels like shit, and I dread trying to do anything other than push because I know it won't work out the way I want it to. I think I need to take a break or change it up with something else for a bit, but running, boxing, video games, jerking off, nothing really hits the spot.
I think you just need to be less critical of yourself, no one here(or most) aren't recording video parts or anything, we don't need to be at the top of our game neither we will be cause the years keep passing and it'll only get more difficult. Just have fun.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24352 on: April 07, 2022, 02:05:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ya man, I left the Boston area 10 yrs ago for this place. All around better quality of life and it was Waaaaaaaay less expensive. At least in your neck you're getting a decent place for 450 (which is like 2100/ mortgage before fees and taxes. Fucking insane) I seen a 700sq ft w no yard, but that looked cool just sell for 500k up here.

We will get thru, gotta get outta the FOMO mindset and things will pop up

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24353 on: April 07, 2022, 03:35:21 PM »
just push around if that’s what feels good. sometimes i have more fun skating down the street and doin lil skip ollies and stuff then going and seshing a ledge. it’s all the same shit anyway

krookedjuice

• Rep: 33
« Reply #24354 on: April 08, 2022, 10:05:12 AM »
I ordered a hoodie and it says it was delivered yesterday. gave usps today to see if it came. nothing. they have the worst customer service. i'm assuming they put it in the wrong mail box and i just hope it's one of my cool neighbors.

I live in a townhouse community so the mailboxes are similar to that of an apartment in the middle of the road splits. so annoying. I guess in delivery instructions moving forward i'll have them put it at my door.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24355 on: April 08, 2022, 10:23:48 AM »
Somehow McDonald's has become part of my life again. I didn't eat it for years and now it's Avery other week. I also have weird compulsion stuff so even tho I'm completely full and feel like shit my brain will be like there's still another burger, chips and nuggets you better eat those. Why aren't you eating them? Fucking eat them already!  Now I'm so fat my lungs can't expand to breath properly and my heart feels weird.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #24356 on: April 08, 2022, 08:25:36 PM »
so you're waiting in a large line at the grocery store.  over the course of an agonizing half hour, you finally inch your way to the register.  just a couple more people, then its your turn.  the line behind you swells to about a dozen small groups stretching all the way down the ice cream aisle. right as the person in front of you reaches the register, they whistle loudly and motion towards the register as two other family members show up each with carts filled to the brim.  what would you do?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24357 on: April 08, 2022, 08:58:14 PM »
so you're waiting in a large line at the grocery store.  over the course of an agonizing half hour, you finally inch your way to the register.  just a couple more people, then its your turn.  the line behind you swells to about a dozen small groups stretching all the way down the ice cream aisle. right as the person in front of you reaches the register, they whistle loudly and motion towards the register as two other family members show up each with carts filled to the brim.  what would you do?
For a little while during covid stuff like this happened every other time I did shopping. It's a tuf one. Did the other people wait but just outside the line to save space? When the lines that long I know people would often just put one person in line as soon as they got to the store while another did the actual shopping. While very annoying I think I'd probably let it slide (Providing it wasn't some obvious dick move and at least seemed plausibly above board). Definatly not the most aggredious but still shit.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #24358 on: April 08, 2022, 09:08:06 PM »
its the second time this shit happened to me in the last month.  totally different stores.  the first time i got in line behind a chick just getting a drink.  when she got to the register, she called her boy over with a full cart.  dude wasn't done shopping, so he just left the cart after they started ringing him up and went about his business finishing up shopping with all of us waiting.  both times were not ""innocent" by any means.  they both did it to fuck other people over then played dumb about it after.  like they relished the thought of getting over on the rest of us.  i should note that the city i live in can get pretty sketchy, but I don't think i can bite my lip if someone pulls this shit again.

i realize this is very "old man yells at cloud", but inconsiderate shit like this really pisses me off
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24359 on: April 08, 2022, 09:15:44 PM »
its the second time this shit happened to me in the last month.  totally different stores.  the first time i got in line behind a chick just getting a drink.  when she got to the register, she called her boy over with a full cart.  dude wasn't done shopping, so he just left the cart after they started ringing him up and went about his business finishing up shopping with all of us waiting.  both times were not ""innocent" by any means.  they both did it to fuck other people over then played dumb about it after.  like they relished the thought of getting over on the rest of us.  i should note that the city i live in can get pretty sketchy, but I don't think i can bite my lip if someone pulls this shit again.

i realize this is very "old man yells at cloud", but inconsiderate shit like this really pisses me off
Oh personally I love it. Petty supermarket gripes are what forums are for. My least favourite are the ones where there's clearly 15 people in line and someone just walks up and stands at the front. Like no I'm in this line and no doubt people then start lining up behind them. Like do you honestly think if there was a second line that was that short all these other people wouldn't of already got in it half an hour ago.
Or there's kinda an unwritten rule at aldi if you have a full cart and someone comes up with a couple things you let them infront of you but then some people do your mentioned trick and then bring over a whole cart. Like use your brain dickhead why would I let you ahead if you have more stuff than me. I also live in a medium sketchy area what I would call jet ski money. You never really know who you're dealing with
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 11:13:50 PM by Mean salto »