Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880898 times)

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24390 on: April 28, 2022, 01:54:13 PM »
Life is so fucking predictable sometimes.  I just got the best paycheck of my life after working a holiday plus a shitload of extra hours.  I put all that extra cash towards my debt I’ve been desperately trying to get down, just knowing some bullshit would come up and set me back.  Literally the same day my dryer shit the bed.  Paid a repair guy $100 to show up and tell me it’s beyond fixing.  Now I’m looking at hundreds more for a new one.

Brguy

« Reply #24391 on: April 28, 2022, 03:21:21 PM »
Life is so fucking predictable sometimes.  I just got the best paycheck of my life after working a holiday plus a shitload of extra hours.  I put all that extra cash towards my debt I’ve been desperately trying to get down, just knowing some bullshit would come up and set me back.  Literally the same day my dryer shit the bed.  Paid a repair guy $100 to show up and tell me it’s beyond fixing.  Now I’m looking at hundreds more for a new one.
Bruh, just use the sun.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #24392 on: April 29, 2022, 11:44:19 AM »
finally dropped my phone into the toilet right after taking a crazy shit in. i pulled it out with my bare hands and now everything feels moist and sticky

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #24393 on: May 02, 2022, 01:05:34 AM »
group of teenagers yelled at me and buddies to do a kickflip... so fucking lame acting like i skate for their entertainment

somefucker

« Reply #24394 on: May 02, 2022, 04:59:20 AM »
finally dropped my phone into the toilet right after taking a crazy shit in. i pulled it out with my bare hands and now everything feels moist and sticky

fulltechnicalshizzy

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #24395 on: May 02, 2022, 09:10:16 AM »
All the cool people I like at the BJJ academy I train at are starting to leave for other gyms. We’ve lost our two best black belts over the weekend, guys who have been there for damn near 15 years.

Bums me out because those dudes are like family to me and the gym is starting to feel like a sinking ship. People are feeling it too, less and less people are showing up due to lack of motivation or simply dropping in at other places.

Had the same feeling when I was sponsored by a shop, only to have a bunch of my friends quit and go ride for the competition, it’s a shitty feeling.

LUGR

• Rep: 45
« Reply #24396 on: May 02, 2022, 10:07:06 AM »
group of teenagers yelled at me and buddies to do a kickflip... so fucking lame acting like i skate for their entertainment
Sounds like you must have bailed the kickflip.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #24397 on: May 02, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »
^ At least yours didn't just get torn down:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccz-NuVMZdE/

Oof. RIP. You guys have another spot to build?

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #24398 on: May 03, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sounds like you must have bailed the kickflip.
nah, no way i’m going to entertain that shit.  i just give them a blank look and don’t do anything hoping they feel stupid for yelling in public and nothing happens

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #24399 on: May 06, 2022, 05:41:41 AM »
Expand Quote
^ At least yours didn't just get torn down:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccz-NuVMZdE/
[close]

Oof. RIP. You guys have another spot to build?

Thanks for asking, I think right now everyone is a bit disheartened and then also fueled up to start again from scratch at the same time but with no set plans yet, terrain shouldn't exactly be a problem as deserted industrial areas are in abundance in the region. I didn't even skate that spot all that much personally but it had taken a shitload of work by so many people and was fun, the general message its destruction sends off is a bummer though. The land we had used here is technically illegal to build on because too close to a river (which never prevented a 'legal' skatepark from existing there since the nineties), so it was wrecked with no purpose but annihilate something going on anywhere near that village that wasn't industrial for once. Either a local mark complained for the sake of complaining about something and must now be feeling at the top of shit world, or the city wanted to hide a 'compromising' spot that had become too visible are two of my guesses. Bound to happen with every DIY project, just in this particular case I was naively hoping the local mentalities had progressed further than that.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24400 on: May 07, 2022, 04:14:32 PM »
Small complaint.

Working from a cafe today. Skipped over trying a new one that had lots of outdoor seating in the sun for a tried and true spot in Portland.

Some dude is using 4 spaces (2 inside and 2 outside) for himself (inside) and his tiny dog (outside).

Like, seriously, how are people this oblivious?

It reminds of the type of people who sit on a ledge someone is skating "not realizing" that anyone was skating it. Nah, dude. It is not that you didn't realize, but that you're an arrogant jerk and didn't even consider the idea of other people existing.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24401 on: May 07, 2022, 08:19:56 PM »
Just dropped $450 on new brake pads and rotors.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24402 on: May 07, 2022, 09:24:47 PM »
Small complaint.

Working from a cafe today. Skipped over trying a new one that had lots of outdoor seating in the sun for a tried and true spot in Portland.

Some dude is using 4 spaces (2 inside and 2 outside) for himself (inside) and his tiny dog (outside).

It reminds of the type of people who sit on a ledge someone is skating "not realizing" that anyone was skating it. Nah, dude. It is not that you didn't realize, but that you're an arrogant jerk and didn't even consider the idea of other people existing.
More and more often in my life are people with dogs a problem. It sucks because I actually love dogs so I automatically sound like an asshole but so often it's some dipshit bringing their dog where it doesn't belong and for the benefit of the dog somewhere really doesn't need to be. It's insane to me that there are adults now who don't think twice about bringing their dogs into crowded restraunts and shops then act like it's everyone else's fault that they have a problem because their dogs now misbehaving.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24403 on: May 07, 2022, 09:34:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Small complaint.

[close]
More and more often in my life are people with dogs a problem. It sucks because I actually love dogs so I automatically sound like an asshole but so often it's some dipshit bringing their dog where it doesn't belong and for the benefit of the dog somewhere really doesn't need to be. It's insane to me that there are adults now who don't think twice about bringing their dogs into crowded restraunts and shops then act like it's everyone else's fault that they have a problem because their dogs now misbehaving.

Ive got an 18 week old puppy. Got it at 10 weeks. She's a really great baby dog. Being a baby dog, its 100% my responsibility to train/teach her what to do and how to behave. Its a shit ton of work and I haven't really been able to do.much else in my spate time... You know, because I took the responsibility of having this baby mammal and I want it to have a good life, so I'm not gonna set her up to fail.

I say this because it seems like more people than not want a dog or puppy but are irresponsible and aren't willing to put in the work to give the dog a good life by teaching it how to navigate the crazy human world without losing its shit.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24404 on: May 08, 2022, 06:19:23 PM »
Was having a good day, till I spent about an hour and a half reading the news.  I've got my morning caffeine in me too increasing my anxiety.  I'm legit worried about the US turning to full on fascism.  Through gerrymeandering and corrupt stacked courts, I could see voter apathy(as well as a rigged system) allowing republicans full control again.  This next time, I think they are legit going to set up laws that will allow presidents to rule until they die, or things in that nature.  It doesn't help that I'm in a deep red state as well.  Fuck this timeline.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #24405 on: May 09, 2022, 04:57:15 AM »
A Louis ck Shane Gillis thread

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24406 on: May 09, 2022, 12:37:01 PM »
I’ve spent all my money except what I need to survive and I’m in danger of losing my ssi because of a technical error.

My cat won’t get better I’ve been doing all that I can for him. He almost 16.

I’m like JUST DO THE FUCKING $400 BLOOD WORK AND SEND MY NAME TO THE CREDITORS FUCK!!!

I have no frickin idea what to do he just won’t pass away and not one vets are down to help. One person who works there told me the reality of the situation.

They basically said it could likely be thousands of dollars to help him and it’s probably not going to work.

The one place that does it won’t because I swore after speaking with them. I thought the call was over but my cracked up screen didn’t hang up.

I owe them 200 from 2010 and said I can’t have an appointment for 3 months anyway.

They said I don’t take care of my pets properly I said

FUCK YOU UOU FUCKING NAZI FUCK after the call. I wish I hadn’t but I did now I’m banned. I had someone check and yeah they’re claiming scared.

Blood work! That’s all I fucking needed to see if it was possible. Now I’m petting a cat that can’t move. He just lays their purring all night. I can hear him in the next room.

On top of this all I think I’m fucking completely crazy. My eyes don’t fucking work. I think im like one of those beings that thinks they are something else than what reality is.

I feel small and weak. I’ve always felt like this. I saw it every day before I stopped looking in the mirror.

People tell me the opposite. They always been telling me different and people say they was frightened of me before they got to know me.

This makes me wanna cry because I’m fucking baby.

I don’t deserve to live. I’m going to go outside and cry now.

I hope that I’m small. I don’t wanna look like Dis-baby fucking Huey. Rolling around balling on a skateboard thinking about why I bother doing anything at all.

Send some positive thoughts so I can muster the strength to get my ssi straight on Wednesday my payee and I are going to the office together to fix this.

I have my antenna my tinfoil and I’m getting on the roof now.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24407 on: May 09, 2022, 02:24:20 PM »
^

damn, that's rough :(

i'm rooting for you and your payee. i have no advise on how to proceed with your cat, but i hope things take a turn for the better soon, whatever that means.

you do 100% deserve to live and prosper. still there's nothing wrong with crying your heart out about stuff like this from time to time.

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #24408 on: May 09, 2022, 06:47:17 PM »
Christ flea, that’s tough. It’s all right to feel bad, you definitively deserve to live and you didn’t choose to be wired the way you are.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #24409 on: May 09, 2022, 07:26:32 PM »
I’ve spent all my money except what I need to survive and I’m in danger of losing my ssi because of a technical error.

My cat won’t get better I’ve been doing all that I can for him. He almost 16.

I’m like JUST DO THE FUCKING $400 BLOOD WORK AND SEND MY NAME TO THE CREDITORS FUCK!!!

I have no frickin idea what to do he just won’t pass away and not one vets are down to help. One person who works there told me the reality of the situation.

They basically said it could likely be thousands of dollars to help him and it’s probably not going to work.

The one place that does it won’t because I swore after speaking with them. I thought the call was over but my cracked up screen didn’t hang up.

I owe them 200 from 2010 and said I can’t have an appointment for 3 months anyway.

They said I don’t take care of my pets properly I said

FUCK YOU UOU FUCKING NAZI FUCK after the call. I wish I hadn’t but I did now I’m banned. I had someone check and yeah they’re claiming scared.

Blood work! That’s all I fucking needed to see if it was possible. Now I’m petting a cat that can’t move. He just lays their purring all night. I can hear him in the next room.

On top of this all I think I’m fucking completely crazy. My eyes don’t fucking work. I think im like one of those beings that thinks they are something else than what reality is.

I feel small and weak. I’ve always felt like this. I saw it every day before I stopped looking in the mirror.

People tell me the opposite. They always been telling me different and people say they was frightened of me before they got to know me.

This makes me wanna cry because I’m fucking baby.

I hope that I’m small. I don’t wanna look like Dis-baby fucking Huey. Rolling around balling on a skateboard thinking about why I bother doing anything at all.

Send some positive thoughts so I can muster the strength to get my ssi straight on Wednesday my payee and I are going to the office together to fix this.

I have my antenna my tinfoil and I’m getting on the roof now.
I know it’s not what you want to hear, but you need to put that cat down if it’s suffering. I had to do it a few years ago. my cat was only 10 and had a tumor blocking its intestine or colon and it couldn’t shit without hemorrhaging. That cat and I went through a lot together and he was my dude, but he couldn’t go on like that and I couldn’t afford surgery and cat chemotherapy that MIGHT have helped him.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #24410 on: May 10, 2022, 03:51:30 AM »
Feel lile I got a wicked cold coming in. Sore throat, coughing, headache, sinuses fucked up… the whole works.

I say cold because I took 3 antigen covid tests just to make sure and all 3 are negative.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24411 on: May 10, 2022, 07:47:41 AM »
Thanks guys. I’m considering it
(A)pl(E)

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #24412 on: May 10, 2022, 08:13:47 AM »
Seasonal allergies are fucking with me.

And the mosquitoes are coming in nicely already.

Summer's cool, but I kinda already miss winter.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #24413 on: May 10, 2022, 09:46:55 AM »

Obviously you don't get real winters where you live.
 Shit damn near killed me this year and I don't know if I can go through another one.

somefucker

« Reply #24414 on: May 10, 2022, 10:28:53 AM »

- every California and Arizona skater ever

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24415 on: May 10, 2022, 11:00:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

- every California and Arizona skater ever

I’m from Boston I feel the same way. I’m not big on sweating at all.
(A)pl(E)

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #24416 on: May 11, 2022, 12:06:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Obviously you don't get real winters where you live.
 Shit damn near killed me this year and I don't know if I can go through another one.

I grew up in New England and the North East, and then lived in Michigan for 5 years after that, so, I can safely say I know what a 'real' winter is... however, it's true, where I live currently we don't have really severe winters, just nonstop rain and fog. I need to drive a couple hours into the mountains to see some snow.

But I stand by my statement. Obviously autumn weather is best, but that season doesn't really exist. We just go straight from summer to winter and back again.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #24417 on: May 11, 2022, 12:30:36 AM »
Just got let go at my job. I've only experienced being somewhat comfortable financially for the last three months. Now it's done and I'm stressing. Was nice to see the other side of things at least for a bit.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24418 on: May 11, 2022, 02:47:34 AM »
Shit docuseries shows. Found what I thought was a two part documentary finish second part only to realise I have to wait another week for the next bit (and however many more weeks after). Just make it all in one go if it's a story worth hearing. Or even worse is what I'd call a premature documentary where you get to the end and the story isn't even over. ABC (Aus) has been doing these for the last couple years like was the fire at the theme park an accident or a secret arson cover up? Weeks later..... We literally don't know, there's no end to the story.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #24419 on: May 11, 2022, 07:58:21 AM »
Just got let go at my job. I've only experienced being somewhat comfortable financially for the last three months. Now it's done and I'm stressing. Was nice to see the other side of things at least for a bit.

That’s the worst.
I hope you can get on the benefits and build back up.
I feel you man, that threw me in the deep end a couple of times.
If you wanna explain what happened even via DM I might be of some help / reassurance.
Stay strong buddy.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.