Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880772 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24450 on: May 23, 2022, 12:36:47 PM »
Broke my elbow

Bummer.

Does that mean you have a full arm cast? How do they fix that?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 81
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #24451 on: May 23, 2022, 03:28:28 PM »
Thanks everyone
Cocteau Twins

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #24452 on: May 23, 2022, 09:18:33 PM »
Not the end of the world but I came home from work to a gnarly ant infestation right in front of my room window. I had some ant bait out by the window already and put some more but until it starts to kill them off this situation is pretty shit because they’re all over and im flicking these fuckers off my bed and pillow now when im just trying to get some sleep.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #24453 on: May 24, 2022, 06:15:10 AM »
- No one to skate with. I moved to a new town  2 years ago. I'm not very talkative. The kids here only smoke weed and do drugs on the park. And they're too good. I'm the straight edge, jacked old guy. Not really fitting in. And it sucks ...

- Scans to track my GF's cancer are coming up. The "4 year scans". Very important because a lot of girls relapse around this time. It's unbearable. I don't smoke, do drugs or drink to numb the pain. It's harsh reality day in day out .. a lot to bear.

- also cancer related. My gf and I haven't been intimate in 4 years. Since the cancer, her body changed drastically, which is very normal. It's horrible what she's been through. But she doesn't feel comfortable with her looks. Because it's a gynaecological cancer she 's in her menopause which causes weight gain, holding up fluids etc. Like I said a lot has changed and I feel terrible that my libido took a major dive and "passion" does not get awakened anymore. I feel like an absolute jerk about it, but I can't help it. I still love her and I would never cheat on her either. It's not the easiest topic to talk about and it's always the elephant in the room. That's for sure ...

- Bought a house that we renovated completely, we were hoping the roof would hold up a few years. Boom a storm hit and  we have to pay 38000 euros on top of what the insurance gave us.  I don't have 38000 euros laying around.

- Next year, also because of the cancer, we're going to try to have a baby through a surrogate mother. This also going to be very expensive and I don't really know what to do ... I have a good job that pays well. but not THAT well. :(

Lots to stress about and it sucks.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24454 on: May 24, 2022, 09:59:10 PM »
Tomorrow would be the 36 birthday of a girl I really cared for. She lost her life to suicide on january 2022 after a later development of schizophrenia. She was a rad chick. Hope it's peaceful, homegirl.

Tell ya people ya love em
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24455 on: May 24, 2022, 11:43:37 PM »
- No one to skate with. I moved to a new town  2 years ago. I'm not very talkative. The kids here only smoke weed and do drugs on the park. And they're too good. I'm the straight edge, jacked old guy. Not really fitting in. And it sucks ...

- Scans to track my GF's cancer are coming up. The "4 year scans". Very important because a lot of girls relapse around this time. It's unbearable. I don't smoke, do drugs or drink to numb the pain. It's harsh reality day in day out .. a lot to bear.

- also cancer related. My gf and I haven't been intimate in 4 years. Since the cancer, her body changed drastically, which is very normal. It's horrible what she's been through. But she doesn't feel comfortable with her looks. Because it's a gynaecological cancer she 's in her menopause which causes weight gain, holding up fluids etc. Like I said a lot has changed and I feel terrible that my libido took a major dive and "passion" does not get awakened anymore. I feel like an absolute jerk about it, but I can't help it. I still love her and I would never cheat on her either. It's not the easiest topic to talk about and it's always the elephant in the room. That's for sure ...

- Bought a house that we renovated completely, we were hoping the roof would hold up a few years. Boom a storm hit and  we have to pay 38000 euros on top of what the insurance gave us.  I don't have 38000 euros laying around.

- Next year, also because of the cancer, we're going to try to have a baby through a surrogate mother. This also going to be very expensive and I don't really know what to do ... I have a good job that pays well. but not THAT well. :(

Lots to stress about and it sucks.

Damn dude. Sending positive vibes
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24456 on: June 01, 2022, 04:01:39 PM »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #24457 on: June 01, 2022, 05:14:45 PM »
Passed out at the blood donation site today.  Had to do a tour/class for my immunohematology class, and I gave blood for extra points.  Felt fine for a while, then i got nauseous out of nowhere.  Next thing I know I was on the ground opening my eyes. 

Not a serious issue or anything, just a really weird feeling
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24458 on: June 01, 2022, 11:57:39 PM »
If anyone else had braces... that fucking metal bar behind my teeth popped off today. This will be a 100 to 500 dollar cost according to the internet.

I just got to Vancouver, so I will either have to pay completely out of pocket or drive down to Seattle.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24459 on: June 03, 2022, 09:05:20 PM »
We built this city on mumble rap
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #24460 on: June 04, 2022, 08:52:50 AM »
If anyone else had braces... that fucking metal bar behind my teeth popped off today. This will be a 100 to 500 dollar cost according to the internet.

I just got to Vancouver, so I will either have to pay completely out of pocket or drive down to Seattle.

That happened to me and I just took the thing out. Braces fucked my teeth up more than they were before. Said I had a cross bite, which is fairly indicative of anxiety and teeth grinding. Years later I started getting massage work done on my jaw/skull and my cross bite is gone more than with braces.

Good luck
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #24461 on: June 04, 2022, 11:01:01 AM »
Flatspoted my wheela today. Its been a while, and the flatspot is so big my teeth almost hurt when I skate, but I fucking hate new wheels. Might have to just STFU and skate it out.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24462 on: June 04, 2022, 01:58:36 PM »
Bought a home during the pandemic, negotiated an amazing fucking interest rate (less than 1%) and the project is delayed, which means I might need to renegotiate my mortgage.

Not fucking stoked at all.

I'm not sure why nothing is run well in Quebec, but at least the government was able to pass their anti-English law to rally up the rural-Franco-phone base.

Also, maybe someone can explain this to me, why does the Quebec victimhood often stop at the Franco-phone colonizers? If we are super worried about injustice and protecting culture, why aren't the French recognized for their brutality? Why aren't we passing laws forcing everyone to speak native languages not Euro-colonizer languages?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JbmGhS84WM

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24463 on: June 04, 2022, 02:55:35 PM »
all police

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24464 on: June 06, 2022, 06:06:24 AM »
John Oliver fucking sucks. Yeah I know if you don't like him just don't watch him and for the most part I don't but every now and then I'll give it another try because he used to be good and am almost always annoyed. Hes always so preachy about what people should do but is so disconnected from the actual population. Plus never consistent one week teachers are God's on earth next week they're all villains. Let's see this nerd try deal with a school of teenagers. People shouldn't complain of homeless people set up in their yards and shit on their property. Guaranteed if a homeless person got anywhere near the building he lives in he'd call the cops.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #24465 on: June 06, 2022, 10:27:23 AM »
coffee has been giving me heartburn lately. it is getting really annoying because I don't want to stop drinking it

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24466 on: June 06, 2022, 11:34:13 AM »
John Oliver fucking sucks. Yeah I know if you don't like him just don't watch him and for the most part I don't but every now and then I'll give it another try because he used to be good and am almost always annoyed. Hes always so preachy about what people should do but is so disconnected from the actual population. Plus never consistent one week teachers are God's on earth next week they're all villains. Let's see this nerd try deal with a school of teenagers. People shouldn't complain of homeless people set up in their yards and shit on their property. Guaranteed if a homeless person got anywhere near the building he lives in he'd call the cops.

What episode bummed you out in particular?

I usually like his show. I think things are researched pretty well and he can make me chuckle fairly often.

However, that doesn't mean I think he always gets it right. There was one episode where he mentioned something about crime levels and perception of crime and instead of staying in the middle went full on only worrying about actual levels, which I feel wasn't the best choice. For example, I like the idea of foot patrol for police even though it might actually raise crime a little, but makes people feel safer and reduces the polices carbon footprint as driving in circles all day is not helpful.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24467 on: June 06, 2022, 02:14:31 PM »
Lol
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24468 on: June 06, 2022, 11:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I usually like his show. I think things are researched pretty well and he can make me chuckle fairly often.

However, that doesn't mean I think he always gets it right. There was one episode where he mentioned something about crime levels and perception of crime and instead of staying in the middle went full on only worrying about actual levels, which I feel wasn't the best choice. For example, I like the idea of foot patrol for police even though it might actually raise crime a little, but makes people feel safer and reduces the polices carbon footprint as driving in circles all day is not helpful.
No specific episode just overall (showing how dumb I am for going back so often) and yeah it's all researched well which is why I often give it a try I just find the things he says is from such a specific point of view and it's not what he would actually do himself. Then there's the six years he talked about Trump every ep but hasn't mentioned how shitty biden is. (I'm absolutely not pro Trump, it's just an example of how inconsistent he is)

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #24469 on: June 09, 2022, 10:10:20 AM »
Two shootings near my house and now my wife is dead set on moving.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #24470 on: June 09, 2022, 10:24:53 AM »
Two shootings near my house and now my wife is dead set on moving. serious about going to itchy and scratchy land

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24471 on: June 09, 2022, 01:09:20 PM »
Two shootings near my house and now my wife is dead set on moving.

soothe her by reminding her wherever you move to will also have frequent shootings

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #24472 on: June 09, 2022, 04:31:52 PM »
Willie is his name and the boy’s coming straight out outta Delco.

Wouldn’t be a bad idea to move anyway. The real estate market is hotter than I have ever seen.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24473 on: June 09, 2022, 06:03:12 PM »
wait willie you in delco? don’t move it’s the sickest place on earth

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #24474 on: June 09, 2022, 09:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
No specific episode just overall (showing how dumb I am for going back so often) and yeah it's all researched well which is why I often give it a try I just find the things he says is from such a specific point of view and it's not what he would actually do himself. Then there's the six years he talked about Trump every ep but hasn't mentioned how shitty biden is. (I'm absolutely not pro Trump, it's just an example of how inconsistent he is)

But this isn’t a both sides thing.  Trump was a racist idiot who filled his cabinet and government with racist/inept/corrupt people and set about destroying America.   

Biden, like most presidents, is just doing stuff you don’t like or agree with, but he’s president of a three branch government and can’t rule by fiat like the republicans try to do.   

There’s also nuance to what John Oliver’s trying to say - yes on one hand teachers are drastically underfunded and underpaid but on the other hand some teachers do take short cuts when it comes to discipline that arise due to cops being on hand as security guards.   Shouldn’t be hard to balance both thoughts in your mind.   Only the Sith deal in absolutes   

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24475 on: June 09, 2022, 10:12:57 PM »
Fucking rain.

The west coast needs rain so badly, but all of it seems to failing just in Portland and Seattle and Vancouver. Since I left California a few months ago I've only seen the sun like 3 times.

Also, I think Oliver has criticized Biden: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/john-oliver-criticises-biden-administration-062518403.html. It might not be as often, but Biden isn't anywhere near as terrible as Trump.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #24476 on: June 11, 2022, 05:29:00 PM »

Haha! No, I’m in Philly but from Delco and now wife wants back to the burbs. I’ve got kids soon to be high school age and I think if we move back now it will be just in time to turn them into bored potheads.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24477 on: June 12, 2022, 05:34:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha! No, I’m in Philly but from Delco and now wife wants back to the burbs. I’ve got kids soon to be high school age and I think if we move back now it will be just in time to turn them into bored potheads.

i’m also from delco. i don’t advise raising children there

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #24478 on: June 12, 2022, 07:28:42 AM »
Spending the weekend debugging a program (and so far still failing) is a horrible way to live your life.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 07:44:19 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #24479 on: June 12, 2022, 11:50:32 AM »
Last year I had a pretty bad break up with a person who was not good to me and it's taken a shit ton of therapy to realize that. Anyway they're back to stalking my social media like they were six months ago. They promised they wouldnt this year but I don't want to like, ask them to stop because a) it's already stressful enough and b) it's clearly antisocial behavior (replying to old tweets of mine, pressing our mutual friends about how I'm doing, DMing my partner's sister). Just retreading this ground a year after the fact is gonna drive me crazy

When we went out they were all about anticancel culture shit and not being vindicative and theyve since completely flipped and seem out to wreck me. And I don't think that's gonna happen but I just don't fucking know man. Eugh
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5