Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880982 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24480 on: June 12, 2022, 11:45:09 PM »
I should just never look at social media. I hate these cut off everyone who doesn't help you reach your goals mentality people. It's funny because the people I used to be friends with who post stuff like that are unknowingly describing themselves. If you tell them something about you they immediately switch the convo to something about them but if anyone did that to them it's nah you have to be sacrificed for my success lol

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24481 on: June 13, 2022, 09:38:25 AM »
Last year I had a pretty bad break up with a person who was not good to me and it's taken a shit ton of therapy to realize that. Anyway they're back to stalking my social media like they were six months ago. They promised they wouldnt this year but I don't want to like, ask them to stop because a) it's already stressful enough and b) it's clearly antisocial behavior (replying to old tweets of mine, pressing our mutual friends about how I'm doing, DMing my partner's sister). Just retreading this ground a year after the fact is gonna drive me crazy

When we went out they were all about anticancel culture shit and not being vindicative and theyve since completely flipped and seem out to wreck me. And I don't think that's gonna happen but I just don't fucking know man. Eugh

that sounds horrible. i have no advice for this situation, but i sincerely hope your ex gets their shit together and stops harassing you and your circle. this fucking sucks and even moreso having to have to go to therapy already because of the whole ordeal.

I should just never look at social media. I hate these cut off everyone who doesn't help you reach your goals mentality people. It's funny because the people I used to be friends with who post stuff like that are unknowingly describing themselves. If you tell them something about you they immediately switch the convo to something about them but if anyone did that to them it's nah you have to be sacrificed for my success lol

yeah, that mentally makes no sense to me either. why would i want to be friends or connected with someone who basically says outright i'm only hanging with people that invest in me and not the other way around. these people end up without real friends disowning everyone they ever knew as an obstacle to their success. real friends will criticize you and sometimes be painfully honest. sometimes you need a friend to become a hater to get a reality check.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24482 on: June 13, 2022, 10:41:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Last year I had a pretty bad break up with a person who was not good to me and it's taken a shit ton of therapy to realize that. Anyway they're back to stalking my social media like they were six months ago. They promised they wouldnt this year but I don't want to like, ask them to stop because a) it's already stressful enough and b) it's clearly antisocial behavior (replying to old tweets of mine, pressing our mutual friends about how I'm doing, DMing my partner's sister). Just retreading this ground a year after the fact is gonna drive me crazy

When we went out they were all about anticancel culture shit and not being vindicative and theyve since completely flipped and seem out to wreck me. And I don't think that's gonna happen but I just don't fucking know man. Eugh
[close]

that sounds horrible. i have no advice for this situation, but i sincerely hope your ex gets their shit together and stops harassing you and your circle. this fucking sucks and even moreso having to have to go to therapy already because of the whole ordeal.

Expand Quote
[close]

yeah, that mentally makes no sense to me either. why would i want to be friends or connected with someone who basically says outright i'm only hanging with people that invest in me and not the other way around. these people end up without real friends disowning everyone they ever knew as an obstacle to their success. real friends will criticize you and sometimes be painfully honest. sometimes you need a friend to become a hater to get a reality check.
It escalated to don't let losers waste your time and hold you back so I deleted them (oh shit did I take their advice? Lol) pretty sure these two guys literally only talk to each other and I know for a fact they are losers, which itself would be fine but not when you're spouting this shit. 

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #24483 on: June 14, 2022, 03:19:00 AM »
My emotional dependence in a significant other in order to be happy.

Not being able to see, hear, or feel beauty.

Dysthimia (Persistent depressive disorder)

Not knowing what i need, not knowing what i want with my life

My heart doesn’t rush of excitement

My crush, who i dated and fell hard for after not seeing anyone in a year, breaking up 2 months ago and already moved on with another guy

Not being able to feel my parents and loved ones’ hugs and warmth

No dreams or interests in setting life goals

Being a debbie downer in this thead,
I’m Sorry

I really hope i can see my therapist last minute today

Edit* i know other pals are going through tougher shit than my stupid stuff, i wish i could hug if that would help you and find strenght in said hug

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24484 on: June 15, 2022, 05:51:06 PM »
The Desus and Mero are no longer gonna be doing the Bodega Boys podcast. R.I.P. to the ART.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24485 on: June 16, 2022, 12:26:57 AM »
A very large group of close friends all one by one came out as transphobic this last two weeks.

I don’t understand at all.

I’ve tried to reach them to mine out some kind of empathetic response. If I started making ground another person would jump into the conversation to try and stop me from getting the response.

My stomach tied in a knot after hearing one last speech and seeing the look in the face of one close friend on a different day.

The angry man was foaming at the mouth and basically crying out what about my rights? Where was my support?

This individual is ill. I’m probably they only real friend in their whole life. I didn’t wanna fight about it so I had to take space.

My heart was kinda smashing in my chest and it felt like when something bad happened at home when I was a kid. Total PTSD heart break.

It’s like someone has lightly pressed their finger to the vinyl that plays my reality and slowed the speed. My thoughts were clear.

I beat the drums alone reflecting upon our life long friendship.

I chilled and went back outside and I’m just going to have to agree to differ because I don’t wanna hear anymore sicko confused hateful bullshit.

I’m still they’re friend but I’m pretty not stoked at all.

I didn’t even bring up the subject. I thought we all believed in everyone right to live free and safe.

that sucks so much. i had the same thing with some people in the past two years. it's so disappointing.

somefucker

« Reply #24486 on: June 16, 2022, 06:10:08 AM »
A very large group of close friends all one by one came out as transphobic this last two weeks.

I’ve tried to reach them to mine out some kind of empathetic response. If I started making ground another person would jump into the conversation to try and stop me from getting the response.

My stomach tied in a knot after hearing one last speech and seeing the look in the face of one close friend on a different day.

The angry man was foaming at the mouth and basically crying out what about my rights? Where was my support?

This individual is ill. I’m probably they only real friend in their whole life. I didn’t wanna fight about it so I had to take space.

My heart was kinda smashing in my chest and it felt like when something bad happened at home when I was a kid. Total PTSD heart break.

It’s like someone has lightly pressed their finger to the vinyl that plays my reality and slowed the speed. My thoughts were clear.

I chilled and went back outside and I’m just going to have to agree to differ because I don’t wanna hear anymore sicko confused hateful bullshit.

I didn’t even bring up the subject. I thought we all believed in everyone right to live free and safe.

im all for agreeing to disagree (and i may be overstepping by saying this), but those aren't your friends.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24487 on: June 16, 2022, 09:02:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that sucks so much. i had the same thing with some people in the past two years. it's so disappointing.

It’s kinda a nightmare. Now I gotta somehow wait for the opportunity to change they minds.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24488 on: June 16, 2022, 09:06:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

im all for agreeing to disagree (and i may be overstepping by saying this), but those aren't your friends.

They hold me down on the regs. Show me incredible love sometimes.

I’ve never turned my back on anyone who does. It’s not in my nature to do so. I always have to try hard to shine the light on the issue.

Its the answer. It’s how we all find some peace.
(A)pl(E)

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #24489 on: June 16, 2022, 09:57:32 AM »
My emotional dependence in a significant other in order to be happy.

My crush, who i dated and fell hard for after not seeing anyone in a year, breaking up 2 months ago and already moved on with another guy

I feel you @mex.ceferino . going through some broadly similar shit myself, including my dependence on women to validate me, and a person that I fell for really hard not reciprocating much at all. hang in there dogg.

i don't know what the answer is, but my hunch is to try my hardest not to pay attention to my exes and focus on the things and friendships that make me feel okay instead of someone who was rejected

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #24490 on: June 16, 2022, 10:30:42 PM »
Pooping in public restrooms.
Boomer’s thread made me think about how much I unconsciously avoid that.
Why do we call them RESTrooms anyway? It’s not like anybody is going in there to take a nap ‘mongst all that “scent”.
Wassupwiddat?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24491 on: June 17, 2022, 08:02:33 AM »
Switching into a better role is killing me.

One team wants insanely strong stat skills that would take a year of grad classes to relearn and the other team is doing shit so basic that they don't know what to do with my experience. Even with an inside track to speak directly with hiring managers switching roles has been far harder than I expected.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #24492 on: June 17, 2022, 09:13:20 PM »
we're kicking our weird roommate out for, amongst other things, being careless with chocolate with our dogs multiple times. shes now got her out of state boyfriend, his sister and her kid staying in my house for their vacation for like three more days. I want her gone yesterday but they're all dragging their feet and bogarting my washer/dryer. very awkward

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24493 on: June 24, 2022, 02:55:08 AM »
I like crime drama shows the UK usually made the best ones until a few years back when Germany and the Scandinavians really picked their game up. These days almost all the ones out of the UK (at least that I have access to)have gotten progressively worse. Both just lower general quality but also considerably dumber. At least 70% of the dialogue is just explaining what's happening to the audience and the other 30% is just meaningless fluff. You can maybe find something from 6 years ago and the standard is noticeably higher.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #24494 on: June 24, 2022, 05:31:19 AM »
Just noticed I lost my front tooth bonding from when i chipped in elementary school 20+ years ago.  No idea when it fell out. My teeth are cosmetically fucked. I never really smile.  :-X

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #24495 on: June 24, 2022, 10:09:30 PM »
At the bar with this dude who played for the Dallas Cowboys, CTE is real.  I dread to see some skaters later in life (it's evenident that head hits have fucked up dudes minds already)
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #24496 on: June 26, 2022, 09:08:28 AM »
Got a hefty hospital bill that was never paid and it went to collections and they’ve been hitting me up about it non stop. Anyone dealt with this before? I’ve been doing research on it and it’s saying that if you do not pay them they will eventually take you to court and then from there they can garnish your wages. At the same time I’ve talked to like five friends who have dealt with this and they all said the best thing to do is to not even respond to them, and that they usually never end up suing or garnishing your wages (two of those friends I was talking to actually owed up to 100,000 dollars in medical debt to collectors and they both said they’ve never gotten any sort of court order for it or anything), and to just wait it out and in like 6 or 7 years the debt gets wiped away anyways. Anyone have any experience with debt collectors? What’s the best thing to do?
I do remember I had a smaller medical bill many many years ago (like 300$ dollars) that I ended up never paying and I remember I heard from collections for a while and then one day they just never hit me up again I think, but that was so long ago that I barely remember.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24497 on: June 26, 2022, 09:51:02 AM »
Saw a large group of “skinhead “ last night. Upon closer inspection of they props and boots they on some make America great shit.

I should have seen it by they fits.
Baggy pants and work boots should always be a dead giveaway.

Boneheaded Cucks usually can’t get the look right.

I passed as they went silent. Clearly they understood that I am a certified super G. I returned home w/o incident
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24498 on: June 29, 2022, 11:23:43 AM »

I hate skate stoppers. They are the worst. I’m lucky I had an arm down too. Just a scratch and a ding. But This is right next to the most painful part of my body. My leading rib cage is fucked from my rail days.
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24499 on: June 29, 2022, 12:34:33 PM »
Got a hefty hospital bill that was never paid and it went to collections and they’ve been hitting me up about it non stop. Anyone dealt with this before? I’ve been doing research on it and it’s saying that if you do not pay them they will eventually take you to court and then from there they can garnish your wages. At the same time I’ve talked to like five friends who have dealt with this and they all said the best thing to do is to not even respond to them, and that they usually never end up suing or garnishing your wages (two of those friends I was talking to actually owed up to 100,000 dollars in medical debt to collectors and they both said they’ve never gotten any sort of court order for it or anything), and to just wait it out and in like 6 or 7 years the debt gets wiped away anyways. Anyone have any experience with debt collectors? What’s the best thing to do?
I do remember I had a smaller medical bill many many years ago (like 300$ dollars) that I ended up never paying and I remember I heard from collections for a while and then one day they just never hit me up again I think, but that was so long ago that I barely remember.

IDK man, but look up debt collective. they might have some resources.

I don't think that it gets wiped away after 6-7 years either. I've heard of folks making deals with the collection agency, as they just want to get SOMETHING from you. They buy the debt for pennies on the dollar, so I don't know that it's unheard of to get out of it by making a lump sum payment that's exponentially lower. But I'm not a debtor at this point in time and I'm not really knowledgable other than being 99% sure that your debt isn't gonna disappear.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #24500 on: July 01, 2022, 10:43:29 AM »
solely ate spicy buffalo wings for dinner last night and have been paying the price since the early morning hours

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24501 on: July 02, 2022, 07:15:24 AM »
I feel the call to go out and fuck. I quickly look away from all potential takers because that looks like way too much work.

Being old kinda sucks
(A)pl(E)

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24502 on: July 02, 2022, 08:16:00 AM »
My best friend of almost 20 years and I had a falling out and I'm not really sure what caused it. I was heartbroken when I was starting the separation process from my ex wife, but this shit hurts so much more.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #24503 on: July 02, 2022, 08:21:52 AM »
My best friend of almost 20 years and I had a falling out and I'm not really sure what caused it. I was heartbroken when I was starting the separation process from my ex wife, but this shit hurts so much more.

That sucks dude.

I was friends with a dude for like 15 years. We haven't spoken in nearly 10 years now. I tried to salvage the friendship but it just wasn't going to happen.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24504 on: July 02, 2022, 10:06:15 PM »
My downstairs neighbor committed Suicide I’m pretty sure.

He had swan dived off the second floor before I got here and was in hospital. When he got back I helped him with his groceries. He told me the lady on the first floor pushed him off.

He asked me for more so I helped once. He kinda crossed a line. I didn’t want no problems so I gave him a homie number who does odd jobs.

He called and homie was busy.  There’s been fighting around here downstairs between him and the lady who left that crazy note on my door that time.

He was found dead today I’m pretty sure.

When she told me I was like damn. I could see the guilt eating her up. She had been suggesting he go die and now it’s happened twice.

Rip Phil. I’m sorry man.
(A)pl(E)

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #24505 on: July 03, 2022, 01:56:48 PM »
I was skating this spot in my town and a dude I went to middle school with walked by. He was quietly talking to himself and looking weird. Then a friend told me he did too much acid and now he is like permafried. That sucked to see.

Speaking of myself, depression’s been back for like at least a month. I spotted it creeping in but every time is worse. Cos I think I am done with it, but nah I’m down for life I guess.
It comes and goes like karma chlamydia.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 30
« Reply #24506 on: July 03, 2022, 02:13:30 PM »

First try 4th trick in to my warm up. On a feeble I do every time I’m there. Someone iced the rail, so I guess I’m more bummed on wax. I had also just gotten to the park, so I was skating for 2 hours holding some bandages in place

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #24507 on: July 03, 2022, 02:29:24 PM »

I had a similar thing happen right at the start of Covid. After a lot of reflection, I'm glad it happened cuz the relationship wasn't good for me. Like a bad, abusive relationship without knowing it for the past 10 years. Was pretty heartbroken about it, losing a 20+ year brother. Keep your chin up and do what you need to do to be ok.

My downstairs neighbor committed Suicide I’m pretty sure.

He had swan dived off the second floor before I got here and was in hospital. When he got back I helped him with his groceries. He told me the lady on the first floor pushed him off.

He asked me for more so I helped once. He kinda crossed a line. I didn’t want no problems so I gave him a homie number who does odd jobs.

He called and homie was busy.  There’s been fighting around here downstairs between him and the lady who left that crazy note on my door that time.

He was found dead today I’m pretty sure.

When she told me I was like damn. I could see the guilt eating her up. She had been suggesting he go die and now it’s happened twice.

Rip Phil. I’m sorry man.

sorry you're encountering this. My neighbor/buddy died by suicide last autumn. Hard luck situation and very sad.

I was skating this spot in my town and a dude I went to middle school with walked by. He was quietly talking to himself and looking weird. Then a friend told me he did too much acid and now he is like permafried. That sucked to see.

Speaking of myself, depression’s been back for like at least a month. I spotted it creeping in but every time is worse. Cos I think I am done with it, but nah I’m down for life I guess.
It comes and goes like karma chlamydia.

Not to make a joke, but I thought of that scene in the movie SLC punk when StevO runs into the kid who had a sheet melt in his pocket. Takes a lot of L to get that fried IRL and unless there are underlying mental health conditions, people can come back from it. Shit like benzos and RC's tend to fry the brain a little more permanently. I hope he recovers.

and deprssion is brutal, man. I've been in a rut for a few months myself. Running and meditating help. I told my gal that if she notices I'm sulking around to ask "have you smoked any weed today?" small bong snaps definitely lighten the load
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #24508 on: July 03, 2022, 02:29:30 PM »
Just made the mistake of thinking i could get away with skateboarding in the sun shirtless without sunscreen for 3 hours cause I'm brown. Never again.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24509 on: July 03, 2022, 09:01:24 PM »

First try 4th trick in to my warm up. On a feeble I do every time I’m there. Someone iced the rail, so I guess I’m more bummed on wax. I had also just gotten to the park, so I was skating for 2 hours holding some bandages in place

Looks like a blood sucking slug eating your ring finger.
(A)pl(E)