Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880903 times)

Haze and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

packeduhaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24510 on: July 04, 2022, 08:46:29 PM »
i met this chick i’m interested in. she’s open minded, trustworthy and very sweet. thing is i was recently diagnosed with hsv1. i got it from an ex who cheated on me. my first disclosure was a shitshow and she basically ghosted me. that hurt a lot and i went into a deep depressive episode.

i will disclose it to her. i’m just so afraid of getting hurt all over again. ever since the diagnosis i just feel so devalued as a person. i always hear people say stuff like “everyone has it” or “it isn’t a big deal”. we’ll not everyone has or wants it dawg

GauchoAmigo

• Rep: 66
« Reply #24511 on: July 04, 2022, 09:27:41 PM »
i met this chick i’m interested in. she’s open minded, trustworthy and very sweet. thing is i was recently diagnosed with hsv1. i got it from an ex who cheated on me. my first disclosure was a shitshow and she basically ghosted me. that hurt a lot and i went into a deep depressive episode.

i will disclose it to her. i’m just so afraid of getting hurt all over again. ever since the diagnosis i just feel so devalued as a person. i always hear people say stuff like “everyone has it” or “it isn’t a big deal”. we’ll not everyone has or wants it dawg
Keep your chin up. If she's openminded like you said then she will be understanding when you communicate with her. If not then the right one will.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24512 on: July 08, 2022, 08:01:45 AM »
Tested positive for Covid today after not catching it all this time. Pretty bummed.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24513 on: July 08, 2022, 09:10:00 AM »
Tested positive for Covid today after not catching it all this time. Pretty bummed.

That sucks dude, get well soon.

I was on holidays this week. I had planned to skate everyday and to go on our annual hike with a circle of old friends on the weekend but then came down with a intestine flu on Monday night and spent the rest of the week on the toilet. I am still weak and had to cancel the hike I had been looking forward to as it is the only time in the year I see a lot of my old buddies.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24514 on: July 08, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sucks dude, get well soon.

I was on holidays this week. I had planned to skate everyday and to go on our annual hike with a circle of old friends on the weekend but then came down with a intestine flu on Monday night and spent the rest of the week on the toilet. I am still weak and had to cancel the hike I had been looking forward to as it is the only time in the year I see a lot of my old buddies.
Fuck, man. I hope you get your strength back soon.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24515 on: July 08, 2022, 03:05:51 PM »

sorry bout that. i probably caught it too. i have no test at home and stores are closed, but my roommate did one after feeling ill for two days and he has it. i had a scratchy throat the last two days as well, but i feel pretty normal otherwise. gotta get tested tomorrow. it makes sense tho i was hanging out with my best friend and she tested postitive one day after that, too.

get well soon!

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #24516 on: July 08, 2022, 09:59:55 PM »
I’ve been having really intense kidney pain, a stiff neck, and migraines for about a week. I finally decided to get it looked today and went to the er.

It turns out I’ve got covid, kidney stones, an impacted colon, and I’ve been pissing blood.

I then got home and got into a huge fight with my wife about how apparently me going through all of this shit is a huge inconvenience for her.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #24517 on: July 08, 2022, 10:30:54 PM »
Super not stoked about the night shift supervisor at work calling me just after midnight to ask if I want to come in for overtime. Dude my shift starts at 6, did you not think I might be sleeping? Now I'm awake and pissed off. Going to fucking rip this dude apart when I get there in the morning.

I’ve been having really intense kidney pain, a stiff neck, and migraines for about a week. I finally decided to get it looked today and went to the er.

It turns out I’ve got covid, kidney stones, an impacted colon, and I’ve been pissing blood.

I then got home and got into a huge fight with my wife about how apparently me going through all of this shit is a huge inconvenience for her.

I can help you with one of those, and it ain't the covid or kidney stones bub. Wait, or the wife. You're on your own there

Ah well, we're getting old. Might as well get used to stuff getting shoved up our ass. I have an ulcer or something going on with my GI tract so Ill likely end up with a camera in one hole or another pretty soon too. Do you get the honor of gulping down a comically large jug of "go lytely" to clear your system out as well?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24518 on: July 08, 2022, 11:12:51 PM »
Super not stoked about the night shift supervisor at work calling me just after midnight to ask if I want to come in for overtime. Dude my shift starts at 6, did you not think I might be sleeping? Now I'm awake and pissed off. Going to fucking rip this dude apart when I get there in the morning.

Expand Quote

[close]

I can help you with one of those, and it ain't the covid or kidney stones bub. Wait, or the wife. You're on your own there

Ah well, we're getting old. Might as well get used to stuff getting shoved up our ass. I have an ulcer or something going on with my GI tract so Ill likely end up with a camera in one hole or another pretty soon too. Do you get the honor of gulping down a comically large jug of "go lytely" to clear your system out as well?
In Aus the laxative stuff you get before a colonoscopy pretty sure it's called prep kit C and you don't need a prescription to get it.
As far as cameras in holes got the trifecta last year and it's ....fine. do they put you to sleep first in the US? I've only seen it done in sitcoms etc and the patient is awake but that may just be for comedy purposes

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24519 on: July 09, 2022, 08:52:59 AM »
@Freelancevagrant

holy fuck dude, get well asap. it sucks your wife reacted like that, but sometimes it be like that, i'm sure she didn't want to put you down even further, probably was just a bit much for her to process you'd be coming down with all this at once. <3

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24520 on: July 09, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »
me and the old lady made an offer on a cute little 98 year old bungalow the next city over, walking distance to both of our jobs. offer was definitely over asking and the crib was gonna need a fair amount of work but I was able to do most, if not all of it, over time. Well, turns out the boner sellers agent was trying to start a bidding war. We were the only bid but they called our realtor after 4 days to say that they aren't going to go less than 30k over asking price, inspections waved.

Good luck to whoever buys its and can't do their own work and has to shell out 70k to contractors for removal of asbestos pipes, roof, carpet, vinyl siding, and repair earthquake cracks. Interest rates on mortgages have gone from 2.6% to 5.9% in 3 months. could have bought a house that cost 70k more and had lower payments with that interest rate.

glad this rental is a good enough spot.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

BoredSlide816

• Rep: 8
« Reply #24521 on: July 09, 2022, 03:58:21 PM »
My dad turning into a Qanon freak.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #24522 on: July 10, 2022, 10:24:39 AM »
Shit. I just tested positive today. Went to a crowded water park with my daughters yesterday and woke up with a mouth full of brown mucous and no voice. I’m dizzy as hell for some reason.

newguy

« Reply #24523 on: July 10, 2022, 02:02:20 PM »
Went to a family meeting and found out my family is quickly sliding into fascism. Most don’t give a shit about covid as well and mock me for caring about a fucking pandemic that is still killing people in droves.
I was sleeping in this dormitory with my small cousins and I could hear them say fucking horrible racist shit passed on to them by my uncles and aunts or bigotry passed on by the shitty private catholic schools they go to.

It’s fucking me up because on the surface they’re really nice ans act like libs but you scratch them and a fascist bleeds. I’m really, really hurt rn and I’m scared my parents follow the same path although we lived abroad for a while and travelled all over so they’re less likely to fall for the bullshit. I’m sure posters from the US know that feeling too well with Qanon and whatever psy-op the CIA or some other 3 letter agency is having fun with at the moment

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24524 on: July 11, 2022, 03:38:02 AM »
i'm sorry to hear that, it sucks so bad to see friends and family slide into getting redpilled or becoming authoritarian

i'm still negative for covid, even though my roommate is still positive with the same test and we both have the same symptoms. this is cool, don't get me wrong, but it also makes me worry that i already had it or just didn't catch it yet from him, which would be very weird. anyway it makes me paranoid. i was self-quarantining in expectations of being positive and probably transmissive any day now and it doesn't happen. i can't afford that special test that is 100% sure. i'm starting to think it's cause i mainly have a sore throat and slight cough and no stuck up nose or something. so i thought i might have less viral load in my nose than usual. i've been also feeling fairly weak for the past few days but now i'm not sure if i placebo'd myself into feeling like shit.

newguy

« Reply #24525 on: July 11, 2022, 03:48:26 PM »
Yeah the worst part is I assumes they were smarter than this but then they claim minorities and historically oppressed groups (the “gays”) are trying to fuck them over and destroy christianity. But really they’re all a bunch of petit boug mad that the system they believe in so much is pushing them into working rather than owning class and try to find reasons for it. Just a mess.

Covid is a nasty piece of work, maybe you can find an isolated spot to skate for an hour and see if the heat and the sweat revives you a bit? I do this when I feel sick and always feel better afterwards…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24526 on: July 12, 2022, 01:57:41 AM »
Don't know what I watch that fucks up my YouTube, I'm thinking maybe every now and then when I watch hawk vs wolf but I get bombarded with videos of dipshits talking about fighting or weapons etc. Like what knife you need on a plane or should you defend yourself with an axe etc. I normally just put YouTube on the tv and let it autoplay when I'm cooking so can't always switch it over quick enough before some bald wankers talking about the brutality he used to do when he was a cop.
Also there's this weird thing I noticed when too many 'alpha' bros hang out they start getting kinda sassy and acting like dorks who they'd probably call fags if they saw behaving like that

newguy

« Reply #24527 on: July 12, 2022, 02:19:20 AM »
Don't know what I watch that fucks up my YouTube, I'm thinking maybe every now and then when I watch hawk vs wolf but I get bombarded with videos of dipshits talking about fighting or weapons etc. Like what knife you need on a plane or should you defend yourself with an axe etc. I normally just put YouTube on the tv and let it autoplay when I'm cooking so can't always switch it over quick enough before some bald wankers talking about the brutality he used to do when he was a cop.
Also there's this weird thing I noticed when too many 'alpha' bros hang out they start getting kinda sassy and acting like dorks who they'd probably call fags if they saw behaving like that

It’s fucked how youtube automatically starts recommending more and more right wing and then outright fascists no matter what you watch. Half of the things I watch are marxist lectures, the other half skate vids and nature docs and I get videos by TheQuartering (Nazi apologist gamer youtuber dipshit) and Jordan Peterson in my recs. It’s has to be deliberate  honestly

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -480
« Reply #24528 on: July 12, 2022, 03:26:20 AM »
People stopped kooking me. That sucks. I need the attention!
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24529 on: July 12, 2022, 07:12:28 AM »
Still dealing with Covid. Feeling about 75% better. Still extremely weak and feeling spacey. I just hope it all passes soon.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #24530 on: July 12, 2022, 06:22:11 PM »
Still dealing with Covid. Feeling about 75% better. Still extremely weak and feeling spacey. I just hope it all passes soon.
I’m confused about your name. What happened with the original Blind Fisherman? Anyways, I’m curious about your symptoms. Does this feel way different than any other time you been sick?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24531 on: July 14, 2022, 04:23:33 AM »
Keep hearing a cat meowing every night. I'll go out with a torch all look everywhere and can't see one. Go back in and a little while later I'll start hearing it again. I don't really want a cat right now and it would no doubt belong to one of the neighbours but I'd also rather not have the thing die because I ignored it. It's not crazy cold here at night but if it's been stuck on the roof for a few days it prob won't last long.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #24532 on: July 14, 2022, 04:35:27 AM »
Keep hearing a cat meowing every night. I'll go out with a torch all look everywhere and can't see one. Go back in and a little while later I'll start hearing it again. I don't really want a cat right now and it would no doubt belong to one of the neighbours but I'd also rather not have the thing die because I ignored it. It's not crazy cold here at night but if it's been stuck on the roof for a few days it prob won't last long.

Do you have cars parked there? A lot of times cats will climb up the car and sit on the engine compartment and that might be where the meows are coming from

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24533 on: July 14, 2022, 05:13:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you have cars parked there? A lot of times cats will climb up the car and sit on the engine compartment and that might be where the meows are coming from
There's cars but where I'm hearing it is pretty much at the furthest point from where the cars are. I'm hoping I can just hear it on a neighbours back door and it's echoing

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24534 on: July 15, 2022, 12:43:45 PM »
All the lacquered parking blocks in my regular slappy spot are gone overnight. It was literally the only spot with lacquered blocks I know. It was just a 15 minute drive from my apartment.  >:(
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24535 on: July 15, 2022, 01:59:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’m confused about your name. What happened with the original Blind Fisherman? Anyways, I’m curious about your symptoms. Does this feel way different than any other time you been sick?
I focused my original account and decided to start fresh under the same username, but it's still me.
It felt like a way more draining flu, tbh. I think I got a pretty mild case, but I lost my sense of taste & smell, felt dizzy just sitting up in bed, total lack of energy, and just in general feeling like complete shit. Oh, and at one point I did have trouble getting a proper breath. Thankfully mucinex DM helped with that.
I'm about 85% today.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #24536 on: July 15, 2022, 05:35:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
There's cars but where I'm hearing it is pretty much at the furthest point from where the cars are. I'm hoping I can just hear it on a neighbours back door and it's echoing

I had a very similar situation a few years ago. But this was in the dead of a pretty gnarly Canadian winter, so I knew if I didn't scoop that little thing up she'd be a goner for sure. Took about 5 days of going out at night with little bowls of food until she would come out, but once she did I could confirm she was a) not a neighbour's and b) definitely hungry and not getting taken care of. Worth a shot. 

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #24537 on: July 16, 2022, 08:10:42 PM »
30 minutes into a 5+ hour kayaking river trip my paddle hit a rock and one side completely snapped off. Spent 4 hours with a one sided paddle and it does not fucking work as well as you might wish

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24538 on: July 20, 2022, 03:16:47 AM »
Just made a fucking ass of myself. Last few weeks I've been sure I can hear a cat meowing outside my window but everytime I go out to look can't see anything. Today right as I step inside I hear it so I just turn around and run back outside (I just want to see the fucking thing so I know I'm not going crazy) there's not much space between my door and my neighbours and there's a tree in the middle so I run around the tree and there just happens to be some guy standing there who I almost knock over, suprise myself but scare the shit out of him. he's just minding his own business and some six and a half foot 240 pound guy with a mullet in all black just jumps from behind a tree and almost takes him out. I'm like oh shit sorry and he is fully like ahhh  ahh doing the hank Hill noises and I have to just be like oh umm did you see a cat just now? He's like no so I say ok then walk away then jog back and kinda startle him again and have to ask who are you? Why are you standing here? And he's so off it like I'm an electrician I just put this light up. Oh ok bye.

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 264
« Reply #24539 on: July 20, 2022, 06:14:20 AM »
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker