Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885332 times)

beatifk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 162
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24540 on: July 20, 2022, 09:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Don't know what I watch that fucks up my YouTube, I'm thinking maybe every now and then when I watch hawk vs wolf but I get bombarded with videos of dipshits talking about fighting or weapons etc. Like what knife you need on a plane or should you defend yourself with an axe etc. I normally just put YouTube on the tv and let it autoplay when I'm cooking so can't always switch it over quick enough before some bald wankers talking about the brutality he used to do when he was a cop.
Also there's this weird thing I noticed when too many 'alpha' bros hang out they start getting kinda sassy and acting like dorks who they'd probably call fags if they saw behaving like that
[close]

It’s fucked how youtube automatically starts recommending more and more right wing and then outright fascists no matter what you watch. Half of the things I watch are marxist lectures, the other half skate vids and nature docs and I get videos by TheQuartering (Nazi apologist gamer youtuber dipshit) and Jordan Peterson in my recs. It’s has to be deliberate  honestly

I have the same problem it's so fucking dumb. I know youtube is general is toxic trash, but I use it as background noise while I clean the house or whatever.

At least once a week I just go to my home page and click "don't recommend channel" for everything that looks mildly annoying and idiotic. It's most of the page every fucking time.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #24541 on: July 20, 2022, 10:02:12 AM »
Been having weird right side abdominal cramps that have been happening on again off again since April, that range from mellow n dull to sharp. Had weird bowel habits that formed with it but those have since stopped, but the cramps/pain is still present. Never had any issues with loss of appetite or nausea and vomiting or any of that though, just the weird cramps. Went to the general hospital and to get it checked out, they did bloodwork and a CT scan and an ultrasound but they found nothing. After that and after getting hit with a crazy hospital bill, I waited for my insurance to kick in at the beginning of July and I went to go see an actual gastro doctor to see if they can see what’s up. The gastro doctor told me he’s suspecting it could be an intestinal issue. He was saying the previous hospital was more concerned with checking the liver and appendix since they’re in that area but it could actually be my colon or intestines. He said the only way to find out was with a colonoscopy. I was on board just so I can finally figure out what the hell is causing these cramps/pains. Everything was going fine until I get a call from the billing department saying that it costs $770 and I need to bring $500 up front the day of or else they couldn’t do the procedure. Apparently the insurance doesn’t cover it at all. Now I gotta call them to see if I can reschedule for a later time so I can save up some money for it. Sucks cuz I just wanna figure out what the hell is causing my abdominal issues already but it’s such a damn mission to do so.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1431
« Reply #24542 on: July 20, 2022, 10:43:45 AM »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #24543 on: July 20, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Still breaks my heart. He was one of a kind

When I started watching his shows every episode he would talk about dipset beats...and just beats in general in the middle of his show and it threw me off, never seen a news show do that before.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24544 on: July 20, 2022, 04:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Still breaks my heart. He was one of a kind
[close]

When I started watching his shows every episode he would talk about dipset beats...and just beats in general in the middle of his show and it threw me off, never seen a news show do that before.

One of the few people in the contemporary left media to have a global mindset as well. The man was a wealth of knowledge and we are all richer having heard him talk and much poorer now that he is gone

newguy

« Reply #24545 on: July 20, 2022, 04:50:13 PM »
3+ years without AC in the car and finally set on fixing it and get slapped with $1,100 bill.  Of course my girl complains about why put so much into this old (yet perfectly functional) car instead of getting something new - well id rather fucking get $1,100 bill vs $10-$20,000 loan for a new god damn vehicle.

I hate cars. Would've put up with no AC if it wasn't for our regular cat needing to come with us on periodic trips up to my family's place 3 hours away. She nearly cooked once  and still feel horrible

My parents are on my back to get my license and this is the type of bullshit I fire back at them to evade. I also became an ironic public transit advocate to piss them off and eventually grew into a genuine supporter, feel your troubles, fuck cars.

newguy

« Reply #24546 on: July 20, 2022, 04:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't know what I watch that fucks up my YouTube, I'm thinking maybe every now and then when I watch hawk vs wolf but I get bombarded with videos of dipshits talking about fighting or weapons etc. Like what knife you need on a plane or should you defend yourself with an axe etc. I normally just put YouTube on the tv and let it autoplay when I'm cooking so can't always switch it over quick enough before some bald wankers talking about the brutality he used to do when he was a cop.
Also there's this weird thing I noticed when too many 'alpha' bros hang out they start getting kinda sassy and acting like dorks who they'd probably call fags if they saw behaving like that
[close]

It’s fucked how youtube automatically starts recommending more and more right wing and then outright fascists no matter what you watch. Half of the things I watch are marxist lectures, the other half skate vids and nature docs and I get videos by TheQuartering (Nazi apologist gamer youtuber dipshit) and Jordan Peterson in my recs. It’s has to be deliberate  honestly
[close]

I have the same problem it's so fucking dumb. I know youtube is general is toxic trash, but I use it as background noise while I clean the house or whatever.

At least once a week I just go to my home page and click "don't recommend channel" for everything that looks mildly annoying and idiotic. It's most of the page every fucking time.

It’s fucked. You miss click on one video, quickly revert and watch like a millisecond and the algorithm decides that actually you love watching reactionary droning on about waaaahmen or some shit

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24547 on: July 20, 2022, 06:47:36 PM »
The Bodega Boys broke up. No more podcast and no more late night show. Looks like there might have been some beef between the guys. Sucks cuz I was really hoping for some new episodes of the podcast.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24548 on: July 20, 2022, 07:49:32 PM »
The Bodega Boys broke up. No more podcast and no more late night show. Looks like there might have been some beef between the guys. Sucks cuz I was really hoping for some new episodes of the podcast.

The hive in shambles

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24549 on: July 20, 2022, 08:08:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You ever just run YouTube on an incognito window and not logged into anything that's connected YouTube account? Pretty easy way to miss out on algorithmic good times.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24550 on: July 21, 2022, 10:28:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You ever just run YouTube on an incognito window and not logged into anything that's connected YouTube account? Pretty easy way to miss out on algorithmic good times.
Nah I'm not that smart and I want the small portion of recommended stuff Im actually into. This week tho it seems to of swapped from over the top self defence videos to reaction videos where the person has clearly already watched the clip a dozen times and is doing an act out

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24551 on: July 21, 2022, 12:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Nah I'm not that smart and I want the small portion of recommended stuff Im actually into. This week tho it seems to of swapped from over the top self defence videos to reaction videos where the person has clearly already watched the clip a dozen times and is doing an act out

no doubt cuz all you need to do it open a 2nd window (not tab) and you can run youtube on a separate login or nothing at all...
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #24552 on: July 21, 2022, 04:13:58 PM »
There’s just so many goddamn nazis.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #24553 on: July 22, 2022, 05:46:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm not sure what's happening there, I mostly watch skate stuff, car stuff, Fallout stuff and for politics mostly just John Oliver, Beau from the Fifth Column, Thought Slime, etc.
I've never been recommended an alt-right Youtube video?
Also, if I ever get an ad for a right-wing politician, website, etc I click the "Do not show me this ad again" button and for the reason I check "irrelevant". Maybe that helps?

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24554 on: July 22, 2022, 05:53:15 AM »
I'm not stoked that I have no idea what the rep on this website is, what it means, how it's accrued or removed, and a google search just brings up old Slap threads of people asking what it means and getting joke answers or made fun of.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24555 on: July 22, 2022, 07:29:47 AM »
I'm not stoked that I have no idea what the rep on this website is, what it means, how it's accrued or removed, and a google search just brings up old Slap threads of people asking what it means and getting joke answers or made fun of.

It's the invisible hand of God either telling you "good job" or "boo that fucking sucks"

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24556 on: July 22, 2022, 08:58:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's the invisible hand of God either telling you "good job" or "boo that fucking sucks"

And the lord sayeth unto thee, kook not, lest thine rep doth go negative!

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #24557 on: July 22, 2022, 01:16:24 PM »
any tips on dealing with covid? tested positive this morning and this shit sucks so much. i’ve been in bed all day and the time distortion is gnarly as fuck. feels like a weeks just passed

bolts the snowman

• Rep: -37
    • follow @nycskatedaily on instagram! avatar image
« Reply #24558 on: July 22, 2022, 08:18:56 PM »
possibly working at chipotle instead of the supreme store. my interview is on monday. if my boss yells at me for being late or taking too long in the bathroom for taking a shit im literally gonna beat the shit outta him with my board. i had enough of manager’s shit i really want them to suffer so bad after what ive gone thru my last job.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #24559 on: July 22, 2022, 11:52:06 PM »
I was just seshing it a few hours ago and this kid i never met used me as a therapist without my consent for an hour. Such a buzzkill. Ughhh. I'm my own human being for fucks sake. Sheesh! Let me enjoy my life. Shit was so annoying.

bolts the snowman

« Reply #24560 on: July 23, 2022, 05:06:42 AM »
I was just seshing it a few hours ago and this kid i never met used me as a therapist without my consent for an hour. Such a buzzkill. Ughhh. I'm my own human being for fucks sake. Sheesh! Let me enjoy my life. Shit was so annoying.

how compassionate

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24561 on: July 23, 2022, 09:02:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how compassionate

You say that but try having a conversation with someone who doesn't want to take any advice or is too defeatist to put in effort to change their lives. Shit is draining. I'm just a regular guy going for a skate who has their own problems. I'm not prepared emotionally or psychologically for someone to drag me down when I've put in so much work into improving my own life.

Like deadass i have like a whole ass career to try and solve societal problems when i could've just been learning to blast back threes instead of going to college for 5 years. How you just gonna complain to me that everything is fucked when everyday people sacrifice their time to work so hard to make this world livable. Call the warmline for fucks sake.

Homeboy was telling me how vaccines r fake when he doesn't even know kat karikos life n he's a high school dropout. Dumbass skaters fr. Sorry not sorry. Dudes got to level up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 06:05:20 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

bolts the snowman

« Reply #24562 on: July 23, 2022, 12:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

how compassionate
[close]

You say that but try having a conversation with someone who doesn't want to take any advice or is too defeatist to put in effort to change their lives. Shit is draining. I'm just a regular guy going for a skate who has their own problems. I'm not prepared emotionally or psychologically for someone to drag me down when I've put in so much work into improving my own life.

Like deadass i have like a whole ass career to try and solve societal problems when i could've just been learning to blast back threes instead of going to college for 5 years. How you just gonna complain to me that everything is fucked when everyday people work so hard to make this world livable. Call the warmline for fucks sake.

Homeboy was telling me how vaccines r fake when he doesn't even know kat karikos life n he's a high school dropout. Dumbass skaters fr. Sorry not sorry. Dudes got to level up.

yeah good luck finding friends with that attitude. you sound bitter as hell for going to college no wonder why mark suciu is a bitch

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24563 on: July 23, 2022, 02:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

how compassionate
[close]

Like deadass i have like a whole ass career to try and solve societal problems when i could've just been learning to blast back threes instead of going to college for 5 years. How you just gonna complain to me that everything is fucked when everyday people work so hard to make this world livable. Call the warmline for fucks sake.

[close]

yeah good luck finding friends with that attitude. you sound bitter as hell for going to college no wonder why mark suciu is a bitch

Whatever.

bolts the snowman

« Reply #24564 on: July 23, 2022, 02:39:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

how compassionate
[close]

[close]

[close]

Whatever.

but hey that vaccine shit was kinda stupid tho ngl

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24565 on: July 23, 2022, 02:50:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

how compassionate
[close]

[close]

[close]

Whatever.
[close]

Tell me about it, he was going on and on about how the internet is the devil and space is fake. Like come on. You can't be wasting our time on this. Like please talk to a therapist or mental health professional, not me. I can't be dealing with this shit.

I honestly don't even want to chat w/ random kids if they're just gonna trauma dump on me without my consent. Easily the worst first impression ever.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 03:03:17 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24566 on: July 23, 2022, 05:01:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

how compassionate
[close]

[close]

[close]

Whatever.
[close]

[close]

Tell me about it, he was going on and on about how the internet is the devil and space is fake. Like come on. You can't be wasting our time on this. Like please talk to a therapist or mental health professional, not me. I can't be dealing with this shit.

I honestly don't even want to chat w/ random kids if they're just gonna trauma dump on me without my consent. Easily the worst first impression ever.

Trauma dumping in the lineup while I'm trying to do a shitty kickflip is a kook move

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #24567 on: July 24, 2022, 07:51:51 AM »
Some asshole keeps targeting my car. My center console was open almost every morning until I started putting my keys in a faraday pouch. I installed motion lights and now the past couple nights this dickhead has been trying to steal my gas, my gas flap is open every morning. If I catch this asshole I’m coming after them with a fucking hand held garden hoe.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24568 on: July 24, 2022, 07:56:26 AM »
After a good week with skating 1.5 hours every night I had bad legs yesterday and today and had to cut the session short. What should I do - rest entirely for a few days or keep skating daily but shorter session? I‘m old.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #24569 on: July 24, 2022, 08:51:47 AM »
After a good week with skating 1.5 hours every night I had bad legs yesterday and today and had to cut the session short. What should I do - rest entirely for a few days or keep skating daily but shorter session? I‘m old.
Personally, unless I had a really free schedule which is rare I’d be leaning towards taking at least a day or two to take it easy & rest.