Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880800 times)

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24570 on: July 24, 2022, 07:56:26 AM »
After a good week with skating 1.5 hours every night I had bad legs yesterday and today and had to cut the session short. What should I do - rest entirely for a few days or keep skating daily but shorter session? I‘m old.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #24571 on: July 24, 2022, 08:51:47 AM »
After a good week with skating 1.5 hours every night I had bad legs yesterday and today and had to cut the session short. What should I do - rest entirely for a few days or keep skating daily but shorter session? I‘m old.
Personally, unless I had a really free schedule which is rare I’d be leaning towards taking at least a day or two to take it easy & rest.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24572 on: July 24, 2022, 08:56:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Personally, unless I had a really free schedule which is rare I’d be leaning towards taking at least a day or two to take it easy & rest.

Thanks, I will see how the old legs feel tomorrow and will def. take a break on Wednesday and Thursday as I have appointments in the evening, to hopefully be fresh for next weekend.
why come?

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24573 on: July 24, 2022, 09:01:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was just seshing it a few hours ago and this kid i never met used me as a therapist without my consent for an hour. Such a buzzkill. Ughhh. I'm my own human being for fucks sake. Sheesh! Let me enjoy my life. Shit was so annoying.
[close]

how compassionate
[close]

You say that but try having a conversation with someone who doesn't want to take any advice or is too defeatist to put in effort to change their lives. Shit is draining. I'm just a regular guy going for a skate who has their own problems. I'm not prepared emotionally or psychologically for someone to drag me down when I've put in so much work into improving my own life.

Like deadass i have like a whole ass career to try and solve societal problems when i could've just been learning to blast back threes instead of going to college for 5 years. How you just gonna complain to me that everything is fucked when everyday people sacrifice their time to work so hard to make this world livable. Call the warmline for fucks sake.

Homeboy was telling me how vaccines r fake when he doesn't even know kat karikos life n he's a high school dropout. Dumbass skaters fr. Sorry not sorry. Dudes got to level up.

+1 for sacrificing an hr for the effort. Respect dooder
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

newguy

« Reply #24574 on: July 24, 2022, 04:54:06 PM »

resting is good, maybe light skating and a few ollies second day. I usually do this when my lower legs start hurting

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #24575 on: July 25, 2022, 03:43:54 PM »
Choco Taco discontinued after 40 years.

This thing was my ice cream man to-go-to selection since I was a kid.

https://people.com/food/klondikes-choco-taco-discontinued-after-almost-40-years/

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24576 on: July 26, 2022, 01:36:21 AM »
When people say "BLM protesters" what do you guys think? I always thought it was people protesting in favour of blm but now I'm getting endless YouTube videos of people protesting against blm. I would of called these "blm protest protesters"

(Just incase everyone thinks I'm some dummy into anti blm I assure you I'm just a nerd and it traces back to watching trailers for the lord of the rings show)

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24577 on: July 26, 2022, 01:42:09 AM »

https://people.com/food/klondikes-choco-taco-discontinued-after-almost-40-years/

I used to get these at Rubio's back in the day.

For sure they are only doing this to "bring them back" to great hype fanfare in a year or two...
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24578 on: July 26, 2022, 10:26:09 AM »
My cats name is Chaco Taco
(A)pl(E)

doublesteveburger

« Reply #24579 on: July 26, 2022, 03:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was just seshing it a few hours ago and this kid i never met used me as a therapist without my consent for an hour. Such a buzzkill. Ughhh. I'm my own human being for fucks sake. Sheesh! Let me enjoy my life. Shit was so annoying.
[close]

how compassionate
[close]

You say that but try having a conversation with someone who doesn't want to take any advice or is too defeatist to put in effort to change their lives. Shit is draining. I'm just a regular guy going for a skate who has their own problems. I'm not prepared emotionally or psychologically for someone to drag me down when I've put in so much work into improving my own life.

Like deadass i have like a whole ass career to try and solve societal problems when i could've just been learning to blast back threes instead of going to college for 5 years. How you just gonna complain to me that everything is fucked when everyday people sacrifice their time to work so hard to make this world livable. Call the warmline for fucks sake.

Homeboy was telling me how vaccines r fake when he doesn't even know kat karikos life n he's a high school dropout. Dumbass skaters fr. Sorry not sorry. Dudes got to level up.
[close]

+1 for sacrificing an hr for the effort. Respect dooder

kudos for sticking it out and listening but i'm also a proponent in having empathy for the listener.

i believe it to be rude to just unload on someone without having the decency to preemptively ask if they have the mental space or energy to listen to it

bolts the snowman

• Rep: -37
    • follow @nycskatedaily on instagram! avatar image
« Reply #24580 on: July 27, 2022, 07:39:10 AM »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24581 on: July 27, 2022, 09:58:00 AM »
My brother has lost all 3 of his dogs in a months time. The first from cancer/ old age. After he passed in late June there was a shift in dynamic between the other 2 and they started to fight constantly. This last month they’ve been in the hospital almost every week. They were such sweet gentle dogs before. The dog catcher got called today and says they are classified as vicious now and should be put down. My family can’t afford the hospital bills anymore. We’ve spent 20k on hospital visits for those dogs in the last 2 years alone with cancer treatments and injury’s.

Also been delivering food for years. Started a second job delivering pizza last week. Fourth shift, first delivery of the day, I deliver to some guy who killed himself. Suicide note on the door and all. Had to call the cops and wait. Turned out he did die, so fucking sad. That was yesterday.

fuckin hell man... are you ok? that's pretty tough shit to encounter. hope your boss got you at least a days paid leave so you can calm down.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24582 on: July 27, 2022, 10:04:02 AM »
My brother has lost all 3 of his dogs in a months time. The first from cancer/ old age. After he passed in late June there was a shift in dynamic between the other 2 and they started to fight constantly. This last month they’ve been in the hospital almost every week. They were such sweet gentle dogs before. The dog catcher got called today and says they are classified as vicious now and should be put down. My family can’t afford the hospital bills anymore. We’ve spent 20k on hospital visits for those dogs in the last 2 years alone with cancer treatments and injury’s.

Also been delivering food for years. Started a second job delivering pizza last week. Fourth shift, first delivery of the day, I deliver to some guy who killed himself. Suicide note on the door and all. Had to call the cops and wait. Turned out he did die, so fucking sad. That was yesterday.

I’m sorry. I do understand.

Since February I’ve lost two cats , my Dad suddenly died of cancer and my downstairs neighbor committed Suicide after I told him I couldn’t help him like he wanted and passed him off on a professional.

My child has been in the hospital 2x this year too.

I hope that this year gets better for us all.
(A)pl(E)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #24583 on: July 27, 2022, 01:59:28 PM »
Pardon my ignorance and insensitivity… but can you please elaborate on how you got a food delivery order to someone who committed suicide?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24584 on: July 27, 2022, 03:10:54 PM »
Oh god, I’m so sorry you had to deal with that.  Hope things get brighter on your end soon.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24585 on: July 29, 2022, 10:58:20 AM »
came down with some sort of cold again and again it seems like it's not covid. feels like a flu. i was just ill two weeks ago while my roommate had covid and i was somehow negative. felt feverish at work today, went home a bit early, took a nap, woke up with my head full of dark yellow gunk. i feel ok now, but since i woke up my throat seems more busted and i have cement all up my nose and sinuses and it feels like i need earplugs. i just hate being sick. also i can't afford missing out on shifts at work. and it drives me nuts that everyone around me has covid and i never seem to get it. it makes me paranoid i'll get it on top of whatever i'm dealing with atm.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24586 on: July 29, 2022, 07:43:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Pardon my ignorance and insensitivity… but can you please elaborate on how you got a food delivery order to someone who committed suicide?
[close]

They pre ordered the pizza, like a timed order for 10 AM, when we open. Left his suicide note on the door so I’d call the cops and his family wouldn’t find him. Probably placed the order it in the night/ early morning and was gone as soon as his family left for the day

I’m so sorry. My heart goes out to you man
(A)pl(E)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #24587 on: July 30, 2022, 01:10:41 AM »
I'm on day 3 of an all boost/ensure diet. I have pretty crazy metabolism so trying to get enough calories to not lose weight is a real bitch.

Got all my teeth ripped out on Wednesday. 4 hours in the chair, basically nonstop yanking and cutting. I apparently have long roots which made things even more gnarly but I didn't feel much and the pain hasn't been a problem. The issue is the swelling.

I have to wait for everything to heal up before they place the rest of the implants and bridges which will be a few months from now, so until then I have temporary dentures and the swelling is still so bad I can barely get them down onto the implants. Im going to try icing it down a little bit today and see what happens, hopefully tomorrow I can get them in without pain or anything and can try to eat something.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24588 on: July 30, 2022, 01:25:19 AM »
I'm on day 3 of an all boost/ensure diet. I have pretty crazy metabolism so trying to get enough calories to not lose weight is a real bitch.

Got all my teeth ripped out on Wednesday. 4 hours in the chair, basically nonstop yanking and cutting. I apparently have long roots which made things even more gnarly but I didn't feel much and the pain hasn't been a problem. The issue is the swelling.

I have to wait for everything to heal up before they place the rest of the implants and bridges which will be a few months from now, so until then I have temporary dentures and the swelling is still so bad I can barely get them down onto the implants. Im going to try icing it down a little bit today and see what happens, hopefully tomorrow I can get them in without pain or anything and can try to eat something.
Fuck can see myself being in this position in the future. Every  other tooth I have is chipped and grinded down. Can you try anything like that gel stuff they give babies when their teeth are coming in? As far as just drinking stuff to keep on weight can you go like coffee, chocolate milk etc it's not healthy but it's gotta be mostly fat salt and sugar. Don't know how it would go with you all cut up but what about ice cream. It's cold so might help with pain then again just fat and sugar so might help with the weight

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24589 on: July 30, 2022, 01:47:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Fuck can see myself being in this position in the future. Every  other tooth I have is chipped and grinded down. Can you try anything like that gel stuff they give babies when their teeth are coming in? As far as just drinking stuff to keep on weight can you go like coffee, chocolate milk etc it's not healthy but it's gotta be mostly fat salt and sugar. Don't know how it would go with you all cut up but what about ice cream. It's cold so might help with pain then again just fat and sugar so might help with the weight

no milk ice cream. my dentist said something like it's not good for the healing process because bacteria loves residue from milk products that gunks up wounds or that's how i understood it. and i guess sugar isn't that good either, think it's inflammatory. water ice cubes should be good.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24590 on: July 30, 2022, 04:06:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Get it done sooner than later. The longer you wait, the less options youll have. I do have orajel but Im not really having pain so really it's just the swelling thats fucking me up. Its definitely getting better but at this point I'm not even sure if they fit so I'm hoping to be able to at least put them in tomorrow and start working on learning how to speak and eat with them in.

Certain boost/ensure formulas are exactly what you're thinking of.. mostly fat and sugar with a bunch of added vitamins and whatnot. They're actually pretty decent tasting too but I made the mistake of getting a case of just one flavor and then compounded that mistake by making said flavor "creamy strawberry."

I'm trying not to do ice cream or candy or anything like that because Im paranoid about getting one of the suture sites infected. Theres basically like 20 holes cut into my gums and stitched up right now. I would take a pic so you can see what I'm working with here but it's actually pretty fucking gnarly and gross to look at. The boost is only 8oz so I can just kinda tilt my head back and pour it past everything and straight down my throat. Then I rinse with saltwater immediately after that and put gauze over everything for the next few minutes

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24591 on: July 30, 2022, 08:26:04 AM »
I’m probably going to have to remove my big toe nail again.
So not fun.

I’ve figured out a good way to do it without fucking up my ability to skate.

You get the toenail clippers and you start cutting the nail back.

I cut it back till it hurts too much to go further.
Comeback like 2 days later cut some more. Repeat till the nail is just like 3 plys long.

Then you just it grows back regs.

My fungus always comes back. It’s my kick flip toe.
(A)pl(E)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24592 on: July 31, 2022, 01:50:10 AM »
I just drove for two days across country with my gf to visit her family for the week.  Got here last night, started feeling shitty, tested positive.  The mild (knock on wood) symptoms are nothing compared to the indescribable guilt I feel about ruining a vacation that several people have been waiting a year for. 

I’m in Ontario too which I think has strict isolation rules.  They’re all still sleeping, I sent a group message to let them know.  I’m really dreading how miserable the next hours/days/weeks are going to be.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24593 on: July 31, 2022, 06:14:08 AM »
I just drove for two days across country with my gf to visit her family for the week.  Got here last night, started feeling shitty, tested positive.  The mild (knock on wood) symptoms are nothing compared to the indescribable guilt I feel about ruining a vacation that several people have been waiting a year for. 

I’m in Ontario too which I think has strict isolation rules.  They’re all still sleeping, I sent a group message to let them know.  I’m really dreading how miserable the next hours/days/weeks are going to be.

It speaks for you that you feel guilty but honestly it‘s not your fault. I hope your symptoms will stay mild.

why come?

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24594 on: July 31, 2022, 10:02:51 AM »

Don't feel guilty, this variant is a real fucking prick. Its knocked almost 15% of my department out in the last week and a half.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24595 on: August 01, 2022, 02:57:38 AM »
Ran a mile and a half yesterday and skated a parking lot a bit today.  Noticed some soreness/stiffness in my left ankle when I got home.  Can't tell if it's overuse, or if I rolled it kickflipping off a curb.  I just hope it doesn't linger like ankles tend to do.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24596 on: August 01, 2022, 10:27:25 AM »

I’m over this kook.

Duane sucks.

(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #24597 on: August 01, 2022, 10:28:43 AM »
wow, a new low, and we were deep underground already

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24598 on: August 01, 2022, 08:05:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't feel guilty, this variant is a real fucking prick. Its knocked almost 15% of my department out in the last week and a half.

I'm going to have to get tested. I took the ferry to Victoria last weekend and my stomach has been a little upset for the past couple days. I felt feverish for a day and had a headache as well. Worried it might be covid :(

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #24599 on: August 04, 2022, 09:29:59 AM »
Man I had the most fucked fear of heights nightmare last night.  I can't even describe the shit in a way that would make sense but the fear inside was just next level.  On the good side though I at least didn't fall to my death like I've done a hundred times in other dreams, I'll take that