Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880902 times)

Haze and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24600 on: August 04, 2022, 06:48:22 PM »
I’m really worried about this shit.

This is like an old nightmare.

https://youtu.be/KF2Wkd8IIw8
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #24601 on: August 05, 2022, 08:33:59 AM »
Got a 4 day camping trip planned for next weekend at a site that's 6 hour drive away + hour boat travel to get to and the damn park still can't confirm if the site will be open or closed due to floods earlier this year. What the fuck man

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24602 on: August 05, 2022, 08:53:01 PM »
I focused a board tonight. I really wanted to keep that one. That’s why I skated it for months and months. It was a blessed board I I threw it away.  I kept a piece. I swore I’d not keep pieces of skateboarding stuff but I get insane anxiety about parting with it.
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24603 on: August 10, 2022, 04:30:13 AM »
Keep seeing ads from shampoo and soda companies like "oh we rule from now we're gonna make all our bottles completely recyclable. That means all our bottles will be turned into other bottles" which sure that's technically good but why weren't they just already doing this for like the last 30 years?
 I'm from some bogan town which for whatever reasons seems to always be way ahead of the rest of the country. We had legit recycling programs since the 80s and it was always a school excursion to the recycling plant/offices and the questions was why can't you just make cans and bottles into cans and bottles again and the answer is you just can't. They used to make their packaging so you could back in the 70s then the companies changed how they did it. I can see every drink going up another 50c too.
Also fuck Nike, Adidas, whoever trying to brag about having shoes with like 3% recycled materials. Those guys have been making billions of pairs of plastic shoes and packaging for fifty years.
Oh and while I'm being an angry hippy fuck Scandinavia for pretending to be good at recycling. Buring all your garbage to produce heat doesn't count. You fucked us with all the Lego and IKEA bullshit.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #24604 on: August 10, 2022, 06:33:39 AM »
i'm not on any social media besides slap and strava, so I just learned who Andrew Tate was. What a fucked up world we live in.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #24605 on: August 10, 2022, 05:36:24 PM »
How much of a crapshoot skating can be sometimes with injuries. Just had to cut a session short because of a bad slam & my bad ankle acting up. Life’s been feeling real shitty lately & skating has been my main way to cope with it so im not stoked on having to take any time off the board right now

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24606 on: August 10, 2022, 11:14:28 PM »
tinnitus... is terrible.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24607 on: August 10, 2022, 11:25:09 PM »
tinnitus... is terrible.

Yep. Yes it is.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24608 on: August 10, 2022, 11:30:02 PM »
Expand Quote
tinnitus... is terrible.
[close]

Yep. Yes it is.
You guyses ever change to like a weird high pitch kinda whistling sound? Like someone's playing a flute far away. Going crazy the other night thinking I can hear the electricity in the wall lol.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #24609 on: August 11, 2022, 09:03:11 AM »
tinnitus is tolerable for me due to my love for bands on three one g records

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #24610 on: August 11, 2022, 10:15:27 AM »
banh mi style food poisoning

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24611 on: August 11, 2022, 06:58:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tinnitus... is terrible.
[close]

Yep. Yes it is.
[close]
You guyses ever change to like a weird high pitch kinda whistling sound? Like someone's playing a flute far away. Going crazy the other night thinking I can hear the electricity in the wall lol.

Can you change the pitch or does it only change on its own?

https://innovation.medicine.umich.edu/portfolio_post/shore/#:~:text=improving%20treatment%20for%20patients%20with%20tinnitus&text=A%20University%20of%20Michigan%20team,to%20the%20face%20or%20neck.

I looked into that Lenire thing, it seems like the researcher they've done is weak. Like, they could easily afford to do better testing. And, I know better than to listen to anecdotal evidence, but the stories of people having their tinnitus get worse is scary. I'd throw away 3K for a solid attempt to reduce the volume, but the risk of increasing the volume is scary.

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #24612 on: August 11, 2022, 07:23:52 PM »
Yeah, sometimes my tinnitus changes pitch, sometimes it gets super loud out of nowhere then slowly goes back to normal volume. Sometimes, I can barely hear it. Apparently that’s our brains exciting or inhibiting different neuronal pathways in an attempt to fix the issue, like flipping breakers on and off until the kitchen lights turn back on.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24613 on: August 11, 2022, 10:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tinnitus... is terrible.
[close]

Yep. Yes it is.
[close]
[close]

Can you change the pitch or does it only change on its own?

https://innovation.medicine.umich.edu/portfolio_post/shore/#:~:text=improving%20treatment%20for%20patients%20with%20tinnitus&text=A%20University%20of%20Michigan%20team,to%20the%20face%20or%20neck.

I looked into that Lenire thing, it seems like the researcher they've done is weak. Like, they could easily afford to do better testing. And, I know better than to listen to anecdotal evidence, but the stories of people having their tinnitus get worse is scary. I'd throw away 3K for a solid attempt to reduce the volume, but the risk of increasing the volume is scary.
As far as I can tell it does it all on its own. But I'm sure everyone who's had it knows it gets worse the more you pay attention to it but of course youre paying attention to it, it's getting worse.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24614 on: August 11, 2022, 11:04:12 PM »
Susan Shore, Ph.D. appears to have the best tool to potentially get this shit under control, but she mentions it works best (only?) on people who have somatic tinnitus, which apparently is two thirds of people with tinnitus. However, I'd bet most young people don't have this version of tinnitus, I'd imagine older people are more likely to have this version.

"Approximately two-thirds of individuals with tinnitus can modulate the loudness or pitch of their tinnitus by voluntary or external manipulations of the jaw, movements of the eyes, or pressure applied to head and neck regions"

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #24615 on: August 12, 2022, 12:12:13 AM »
capitalism got hands

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24616 on: August 12, 2022, 12:12:30 AM »
Yeah, sometimes my tinnitus changes pitch, sometimes it gets super loud out of nowhere then slowly goes back to normal volume. Sometimes, I can barely hear it. Apparently that’s our brains exciting or inhibiting different neuronal pathways in an attempt to fix the issue, like flipping breakers on and off until the kitchen lights turn back on.

yooo. that's wicked you express it like this about flipping breakers on and off until the lights turn back on. There are rare moments when my tinnitus, which is generally a steady electric whine, begins ramping up as if the electrical connection is going to blow. It almost feels like everything else around me is going away, like i'm in a tunnel or almost like huffing nitrous balloons/whippets, or what I've been told a crack bell ringer is like. Incredibly loud with a diminishing pitch during the few seconds it occurs and the whine almost goes away for just a few moments. Every single time I saying to myself "maybe this is it. Maybe it won't come back," because it feels like somethings going to give or reconnect or something like that.

Susan Shore, Ph.D. appears to have the best tool to potentially get this shit under control, but she mentions it works best (only?) on people who have somatic tinnitus, which apparently is two thirds of people with tinnitus. However, I'd bet most young people don't have this version of tinnitus, I'd imagine older people are more likely to have this version.

"Approximately two-thirds of individuals with tinnitus can modulate the loudness or pitch of their tinnitus by voluntary or external manipulations of the jaw, movements of the eyes, or pressure applied to head and neck regions"

I can't make my tinnitus get quieter, ever, but with certain movements of the jaw I can increase the noise a fair amount. cranial sacral massage work offers some temporary relief.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
tinnitus... is terrible.
[close]

Yep. Yes it is.
[close]

when mine first came on, or when I first started noticing it, I was living in a janky cabin in the woods with genuinely bad electrical connections. Man, for the first week honest to goodness, I thought the shitty refrigerator was going haywire and started unplugging at night because it was soooo quiet that all I could hear was this electrical whine. My girl was worried I was losing my shit.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24617 on: August 12, 2022, 01:35:54 AM »
My eyes are starting to change. I always had contacts to see far away but now I have trouble focusing on near stuff, reading small print and such. I hope it‘s just age.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #24618 on: August 12, 2022, 02:45:42 AM »
My eyes are starting to change. I always had contacts to see far away but now I have trouble focusing on near stuff, reading small print and such. I hope it‘s just age.

wear sunglasses outside during the day at ALL times. doesnt matter if its foggy.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #24619 on: August 12, 2022, 09:08:50 AM »
Found out my dog has cancer.

Fucking sucks like hell.

Fuck cancer.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #24620 on: August 13, 2022, 11:49:52 AM »
I counted 16 heads at the local park this moring. At 6am. Damn. Not stoked.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #24621 on: August 13, 2022, 12:30:21 PM »

Fucking sucks like hell.

Fuck cancer.
Damn Im sorry man. Appreciate every moment

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24622 on: August 15, 2022, 08:20:27 AM »
my phone broke all the way.
i have $10 to my name lol. i had to pay 3/5 of the rehearsal space rent last night. my phone broke like 5 mins after. my friends who neglected their rent this month give resistance to giving it back to me.

my $10 internet bill is due. my car insurance is due its like 55
my electric i can prob push to next month same with my gas.

^^wtf^^ where did my money go? lol. i only spent 140 bucks that i owed my friend's buisiness. it had to be done. i cant ever owe a friend. i got to pay as fast as possible.

the math is wrong af this month.

i get like 900 to live off a month sound impossible to pull but i pulled it for decades

=10?

fuck fuck fuck

im going to have to sell some shit.

i have days to come up with 55 for insurance
20 for gas
50 for electric

hours to pay 12 for internet

im fucked lol.

im going busking in an hr. im terrible too.

i know 0 songs. i just improv and freestyle some words and people never pay
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 08:28:49 AM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24623 on: August 15, 2022, 10:05:58 AM »
i have $10 to my name lol. i had to pay 3/5 of the rehearsal space rent last night. my phone broke like 5 mins after. my friends who neglected their rent this month give resistance to giving it back to me.

^^wtf^^ where did my money go? lol. i only spent 140 bucks that i owed my friend's buisiness. it had to be done. i cant ever owe a friend. i got to pay as fast as possible.

i get like 900 to live off a month sound impossible to pull but i pulled it for decades

=10?

fuck fuck fuck

20 for gas
50 for electric

im fucked lol.

man, I was so down and out looking once that I was smoking a rollie in front of south station and playing harmonica that some big old homeless dude threw me a few bucks and said "you need this more than me."

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24624 on: August 15, 2022, 10:28:10 AM »
@Uncle Flea

offer your friends that they at least pay off some of your other bills then if possible. maybe they can at least start repaying you by paying one of the smaller amounts so you have that out of the way. 

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #24625 on: August 15, 2022, 02:53:08 PM »
Expand Quote

Fucking sucks like hell.

Fuck cancer.
[close]
Damn Im sorry man. Appreciate every moment

Thanks. Doing what I can for him. But still helping him live his best life.

Extra warm hugs, cuddles, and treats.

Making sure he knows he’s loved

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #24626 on: August 16, 2022, 08:05:39 AM »
There’s three rings in every marriage:

The engagement ring

The wedding ring

And the suffering

Ex-wives, I tell you..

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #24627 on: August 16, 2022, 03:43:53 PM »

=10?

fuck fuck fuck

20 for gas
50 for electric

im fucked lol.

Can you give plasma? That’s easily $30 right there, more if you go twice a week.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #24628 on: August 16, 2022, 06:12:37 PM »
i used off today cuz the mosquitos are bad right now and i just took a shower and still smell like that shit .. can’t stand smells
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

live, laugh, love

« Reply #24629 on: August 16, 2022, 07:47:32 PM »
After a Victory Royale on Fortnite, my son encountered a hacker who messaged him, "nice IP." Should I just send them pics of my butthole like this person asked? Seems like a reasonable compromise to me.